dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Fentanyl found in 80% of the crystal meth and 40% of the cocaine tested  (Read 2463 times)

Z

http://www.businessinsider.com/fentanyl-legal-drug-stronger-heroin-contaminating-street-drugs-vancouver-canada-2017-5

Just an exerpt: 

Fentanyl, a synthetic opioid painkiller sometimes prescribed to treat severe pain in cancer patients, is showing up more and more on the street.
A study conducted by Canadian researchers at the Insite Supervised Injection Centre in Vancouver found that approximately 80% of heroin tested at the site from July 2016 to March 2017 had been contaminated with fentanyl.
Vancouver's Insite is a center that allows drug users to inject intravenous drugs legally and under supervision from medical personnel with sterile equipment. Opened in 2003, the center is part of a "harm reduction" strategy that aims to reduce overdose deaths and transmission of diseases from dirty equipment. It is the only center of its kind in North America, though Seattle is working to open the first in the US.
The researchers found that 80% of the crystal meth and 40% of the cocaine tested at Insite were also contaminated with fentanyl. Researchers tested more than 1,000 drug samples, asking Insite clients whether they wanted to test their drugs voluntarily. About five of the center's 600 daily visitors tested their substances, according to Dr. Mark Lysyshyn, the medical health officer for Vancouver Coastal Health and the lead researcher on the study.
Though fentanyl is legal and sometimes prescribed by doctors, it can be extremely dangerous. The drug, which is available in a patch or liquid, is 80 to 100 times as powerful as morphine and about 40 to 50 times as potent as pure heroin.
Insite isn't the only organization to notice a spike in fentanyl use. The Drug Enforcement Administration said in April that, while fentanyl has become more common since 2013, it has seen a noted spike since the beginning of 2016. Drug producers and traffickers, the DEA says, are increasingly mixing fentanyl illegally produced in underground labs with heroin or ostensibly prescription pain medications like hydrocodone or oxycodone.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dog Food

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Dog Food is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 30, 2021, 02:49:57 AM
  • Our Community
Ostensibly = apparently or purportedly, but perhaps not actually.

Your welcome​...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dog Food

• Our Community
And fentanyl in meth or coke is just bad news waiting to happen. Theres plenty of people who either are clean from opiates that will get some powder or crystal for a special occasion, or just stimulant addicts who have no opiate tolerance either.  These people would fall out from a half of a point or less of "heroin"

I wouldn't be suprised if the dealer will get at least a manslaughter charge for one of his custys oding. I know a guy down in akron ohio got murder charges after 25+ of his people oded in an afternoon/evenjng one day last summer when they were just getting hip to the new carfentanyl. That carfent was in the dope he sold all those people, and probly nearly all of them oded.

This fent in the meth and coke is almost as bad as the time i got a half gram of h from my then usual guy a few months ago. I did a nice sized shot, and was super sick. I instantly knew something was terribly wrong and thought "this is it this is where and how im gonna die".  I almost immediately within 5-10 seconds got the worst feeling like i was on acid almost,. Maybe it was pcp or ketamine, ive never actually done either, but i could barely drive the 5 min ride home and got super paranoid while tripping ouy hard.  Then of course a cop car pulls up in the next lane over as im waiting at a light to turn red.

Shit was horrible and the last thing you want to do is trip or do anything like that while ur dopesick.  And then i was still sick as hell bit now couldnt even talk to someone or do anything to get even 20 bucks to get a shot somewhere else. They really need to stop putting bad cuts or other drugs in with the drug theyre selling it as or tell people that theres such and such mixed in with this shit when they give it to you
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

Ostensibly = apparently or purportedly, but perhaps not actually.

Your welcome​...

I'm not sure where you ostensibly saw that word, but, uh, thanks bro.

You're welcome.

I agree about it being horrible.  Imagine some jib head getting string out on fent without realizing and then getting a different batch without the cut.  Sick from fentanyl and not even knowing why.  What a world of hell.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 08:04:31 PM by Z »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
the DEA says, are increasingly mixing fentanyl illegally produced in underground labs with heroin or ostensibly prescription pain medications like hydrocodone or oxycodone.
You're welcome
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

Thanks!  Lol, serves me right for acting like a bit of a smart ass.  Its like the inevitable grammar and spelling errors in a grammar Nazi post.  Poetic justice.

I'm guessing that in this case they're saying ostensibly prescription meds because those could just have easily have been made in a lab illicitly and been shipped in as opposed to being truly prescription meds.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dog Food

• Our Community
Ostensibly was in one of the last sentences of the first post above mine,. I have a pretty good vocabulary and its rare that i come across a word i have no idea what it means. But i didn't know ostensibly, and figured id look out n save anyone else that read the whole thing some time from looking it up.

Never came across that word at all for some reason in my almost 30 years now of life.  Its a pretty dumb word tho, (apparently but perhaps not actually).  Like the definition contradicts itself the way i read it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
"Apparently", "allegedly", like the 1st person is reluctant, not fully convinced or trying to remain neutral..

"Ostensibly this board is full of junkies"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal