dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Cant take it anymore  (Read 17191 times)

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Cant take it anymore
« on: December 11, 2015, 07:56:12 PM »
I am not suicidal right this second nor do i plan on killing myself but I feel like i have lost everything and been completely raped. I have lost everything due to the police. I have no self worth and the only reason I won't kill my self is because of what it do to my family FUCK COPS AND the GOVernment i hope they all die slow and painful deaths and if there is an after life I hope they all goto hell no matter why they got into it or what they did during there time because tehy are part of the biggest evil in the world who have stripped  me of all my dignity, all of my self worth, they have made me so depressed and hate myself to a new level i didnt think was possilbe. I feel I have nothing no material possessions and no worth as man and that i am not worth a shit

his is an excerpt from a post i just made that may or my not explain it im not sure if its even the right post of what i wrote of what happened to me but i dont have the time to re read it, correct it, or make it legible. FUCK COPS AND THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM.

got a $800 Ticket for parking my car in front of my house. It's tag isn't up to date which is a bullshit racket in itself which doesnt help to make roads safer. it only helps to keep rich people in power so they can make more money. The cop said that each day it's parked in front of my house it is another $75-$150 ticket on top of the $800+ I will have to pay it all off if I don't want to goto prison and this will continue until i update my tag.... the reason its in front of my house and not being driven around is because I have been taking the bus to work so that I can be able to afford a new tag! But sense its on a public road in front of my house since I dont have a garage to put it in. I will be charged at least one ticket per day until they tow it or incarcerate me until I can pay all fines(its pretty hard to pay fines and make money in a jail cell). Which means they are going to take my license away now! So I can choose to pay the ticket with money I don't have and then not pay my rent and become homeless.... but here in Denver it is a crime to be homeless so if I am caught being homeless I will be fined and imprisoned. making it harder for me to pay all of this bullshit off and sense I will have a criminal record from all of this. It WILL be damn near impossible for me to find a job! or house! I will no longer be able to get school loans to finish college and set myself and my future up so that maybe some day in the future I will be able to make enough money to pay for all this bullshit because I will have a criminal record. I also cant have a gun or any 4th amendment rights because of all this criminal record. I wont be able to vote, have a gun, get employment, get housing, along with the million other things that makes it so hard for people who were convicted of bullshit crimes to get. Which is awful because they usually only charge the poor, the minorities, and the people who truly need are help with these crimes basically ruining any chance these wonderful folks had for a future. Welcome to america Home of the FREE (RICH WHITE PEOPLE) and peril and demise for everyone else unless they have a relative that is RICH OR WHITE or a cop or a government official who can get them off crimes like they do because they protect their own of course! so unless you have people in your family that are rich, cops, white, in the government, then you are pretty much fucked! so dont be mad at all the people who hate americans they kinda have a right too sense we have been fucking with them for the past 3000 years in one way or another. 9/10 god awful horrible things that these radicalists did where provoked by americans who in most cases did something much worse
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Daughter of Dionysus

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
Re: Cant take it anymore
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 08:23:34 PM »
Griffin
I am so sorry you are going thru any
Of this
I have been there before

It will get better
I promise

I get so depressed
That's I don't get out of bed either

I wish I could help
Much love
HeAd
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

Offline NZniceguy

• Shareholder of Acetic Anhydride. Inc
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • NZniceguy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 14, 2019, 06:58:43 PM
  • New Zealand's finest.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 08:32:49 PM »
Oh man, that sucks! Is there somewhere you can take the car and park it off the street somewhere? A friend or relatives house? Maybe sell the car until you can afford the tags?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Junkette

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Junkette is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 26, 2022, 12:59:47 AM
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 08:35:56 PM »
don't you know someone who you can leave your car with? someone who has a garage? I mean shit, drive it as far away as possible or sell the car to pay the ticket.

do something but do not fucking get thrown into a jail cell over this shit.

try to calm down and be rational. 800 is a lot but it's not an impossible amount to gather. do you have any family? can you leave your car with them?
you said yourself you aren't using it anymore.

also, as far as i know, if you are attempting to pay the fine they cannot imprison you.

can't you contest the ticket? talk to the judge? get a court appointed lawyer?

freaking out isn't going to help you. give me some ideas of what kind of support system/friends/family allies in the community you have and ill do everything in my power to help walk you through some options.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline corlene

• corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 08:37:59 PM »
Exactly what I was thinking, ask someone if you can back it in the drive way. Shovel their snow* or something as payment.

Things get rough, but you can make it work, it just takes time.

If you want let us know what city your in, there are resources out there to help people who have had legal troubles and are going through a tough spot.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 08:40:37 PM by corlene »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline St. Theresa

• Reputation Power: 0
  • St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 08:52:48 PM »

Love to you griff...

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 08:56:24 PM »
I believe you got my number give me a call and we can try and work some thing out if not email me and we will go from.there
Are brother in need it's it's a brother with out weed a brother in deed it's a brother with weed,
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 09:07:53 PM »
Most of what I was going to say has been said. You have to get that vehicle onto private property until you can pay what you already "owe"  before it gets worse or just sell it and use the money to clear your debts then buy a car when you can afford to keep it on the road.

Athough soliciting isn't allowed ON this site, I don't see why you couldn't open a GoFundMe page and let the word spread organically. Shit, we funded Mohawk's habit for a year or more. MAYBE admins will allow you to mention it's existence here, just once. Ask first.

I know how deep those financial holes can feel but it's all relative. Being broke and slammed by fees and fines and probation and clinics probably looks unresolvable at the time but that can all change.

Another thought, see if you can contest the fine or have it reduced, I've fought tickets and had them halved or better just for showing up in front of a judge and contesting it.

Ask your clinic to help you connect with a social worker. They (the social worker) may have access to all sorts of resources to help you out you wouldn't know about normally. When I was at the end of my financial options I went to a Jewish Aid organization that I had heard about. They covered my rent for a month and gave me some gift cards for the grocery store an I'm not even Jewish it was available to anyone qualified in the town.

I suggest the clinic because it may be a shortcut to the social worker and therefore the relief.

But yeah, get that car to private property, even if you have to rent a storage unit for a month or two.

[Edited to Add:] Something to remember:  The DWI and tickets and other things I recall you suffering are misdemeanors and traffic infractions, not felonies and as such shouldnt cost you your rights or opportunities for government assistance. Even the DWI-D is a misdemeanor for first and second offenses and it wasn't a possesion charge IIRC, meaning some of the war on drugs automatic disqualifications for drug convictions wont come inotplay. Colorado may be being awfully hardon you right now but as long as you aren't convicted of felonies you shouldn't lose Rights.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 01:11:52 AM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Wildcat

• One love, One life-you'll lose it if you don't care for it
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Wildcat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2018, 11:52:15 AM
  • constant companion pain
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 09:23:51 PM »
GoFundMe-

yes, if you do this, I would like to help you too.

Don't fold under this temporary bs-
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They put their hand out to you when you need it, and you have to remember to put your hand out when they need it too, that's what friends do"  - Mick Dodge

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 11:00:30 PM »
that sounds absolutely wrong of the cops to do that.

of course I dont mind if you start of GoFundMe site and point to it from here.

That's a really good idea, especially since you have had a rough run.

happy to help you brother.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Morfy

• Free Falling Around The World
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 01:44:51 AM
  • Enjoying the stelliferous era--while it lasts
    • THE DRUGS AND USERS CHAT ROOM
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 12:08:26 AM »
Do you mind if I ask what fucked-up state you live in? (Okay, I saw Denver so colorado)

I'm a law-abiding Morfy, for the most part, but when I hear stories like this, I get a little desire to start damaging things, state-owned things.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:10:04 AM by Morfy »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All matter is simply cooled and condensed energy.

Offline Smacky-Doodle 2.0

• All-Around Junker
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Smacky-Doodle 2.0 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 10, 2021, 03:26:07 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 01:08:08 PM »
I DESPISE asking for help man, but sometimes you just gotta swallow your pride and do it.  You've already had some offers from a few great people, so I would take them up on it.

Echoing that this shit is just temporary, but inaction will only make it worse.  Hit somebody up and explain your situation, a NO isn't gonna kill you.

Hope things look up for you man, you seem like a really good guy that has had a run of misfortune, please don't do anything rash.

Move that car, or sell it, or drive it off a cliff, you're in the Mile-High yeah?

Ah yes, one more thing.....GO RAIDERS!  (disregard if you aren't a football fan)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I often ask myself:  "What would Trevor Philips do?"

Offline suboxstitute

• suboxstitute is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 06, 2021, 01:44:25 PM
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 02:56:43 PM »
I agree that this is a bullshit thing, ticketing you every day.  Total bullshit.   I've been there - years ago when I was a single parent with two little kids, I got pulled over for parking tickets (incurred by husband btw at the college he attended) and they hauled me off to the station with the kids along; complete and total bullshit.  They thankfully let me go after a while (the baby crying probably helped). 

I went in later and settled up with them for a fraction of the tickets' value but it was horrible getting hauled in.  They were waiting for me/anyone driving that car right down my street.    ***FOR FUCKING PARKING TICKETS!***   And I was on my way to work, dropping the kids off on the way.   

I echo what everyone else said here, and wanted to add that I've been reading a lot lately about how people without money or connections get thrown in jail -- lots of times for parking and traffic fines.  It happenes because they ignore the tickets - if you make some attempt to pay SOMETHING even a little bit, they generally will NOT throw you in jail.   It's the people who let them pile up who end up in the slammer. 

You do not want to be that guy!  So as pissed off as you are at the authorities, it is in your best interest to suck it up and do two things:  (a) find a place to store the car and (b) go to court (there should be a date on any one of these tickets or a phone number to call to contest the ticket).  DO THAT and go in and tell them that you can either pay "x" small amount, or perhaps that you have nothing... at least if you're going in to talk to them you may be able to avoid jail.

I lost a close family member (husband) to suicide when we were in our 20's.   It will hurt your family a hell of a lot.  Don't give the police/government the satisfaction!   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Jiddu Krishnamurti, Indian philosopher 1895-1986

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2015, 03:48:19 PM »
Thank you everyone for the support and advice. This is the only place I could turn to that understands. You guys are all amazing. I can't take your money, the fact that you guys are offering support means the world to me and gives me hope that this world hasn't completely turned to shit. That is seriously one of the nicest things I have ever had happen to me, and I cant tell you how much I appreciate it and how much it means to me.

I did find a place to park my car, and its close enough that I can still use it to drive to the clinic and to work. My landlord works across the street from my house at a commercial medical building that does like x rays and stuff and said I can park it there. So I won't be getting anymore tickets hopefully! Just gotta find a way to get my tag and pay the ticket soon!

I haven't gotten word back if I will lose my license for a year, or if I will have to keep my breathalyzer for 9 months and pay $1000. Either way it sucks, I am mentally breaking and I am glad that I found this forum when I did because most of my family has their own shit going on and can't help me. I just don't want to goto prison, or become homeless which right now are both pretty good possibilities. Just 3 days a go everything was going pretty good and then one thing happens and my worlds upside down.

My grandpa had his spleen taken out and has been in the hospital for the last 2 weeks so my grandma who is my main source for mental comfort has been going through a tough time.The rest of my family doesn't really have much to say besides you have so much to live for don't kill yourself. Other than that I don't hear anything from them. No advice on what to do, nothing encouraging, just don't kill yourself probably because they can sense that they are the only reason I haven't.

This year fucking sucked, its like I have been in a constant state of being bent of a barrel and super depressed. Anytime something good happens 8 bad things happen and remind me of who I am and put me in my place. I guess I played out all my good luck or life just wants everything to be really shitty so that I can enjoy life later when it is normal.

I really can't thank you guys enough for helping me! not only for breaking things down and explaining to me what I need to do and how its not the end of the world but you guys even offered to help me financially which is just awesome! I will hopefully get through this if just 2 or 3 things go right I will be back to normal. I just gotta lay it out step by step. Seriously thank you all so much I am so glad I have this place to turn to because without I would be completely alone with no hope, and nothing to calm me down.

I just gotta make a list do it and pray that It all works out and that I don't end up in prison or homeless. The plus side is I live in the only county in colorado that dispenses methadone in jail. However if I do goto jail I will probably get transferred to the county I am on probation in for violating my probation. Because they can violate me now for having police contact even though there was no  contact the dickhead just put a ticket in my door.

Pay the stupid ass government for my ticket
Pay the stupid ass government again for a new tag
pay the stupid ass government for putting me on probation instead of in prison
pay the stupid ass government for fines from when they arrested me
plead with the breathalyzer people and pray they have some kind of glitch where they don't see this ticket and let me get my breathalyzer out so I only have to pay them $160 instead of $800
Pray the government lets me back in school again
use that money to pay off all debt
begin step 1 of taking over planet.

but seriously you guys are amazing and I was seriously breaking down this morning getting to the point where things start getting destroyed and reading this thread gave me a real inner peace that I can get through this. Yes it does suck but there is a chance that I can make it out of this without going to prison or being homeless. Even if it is a small chance there is a chance. I just gotta figure out a way to put everyone off for a few months.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline corlene

• corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2015, 04:03:28 PM »
Take the ticket to traffic court and setup a payment plan.

Or, if you have a spare 50 or 60 bucks a traffic lawyer will almost always get it taken care of totally.

There are plenty of ex-offender organizations that work with local businesses. They'll help you get a bond that will cover any risk perceived by an employer. At the very least to get a living wage.

You've got an intoxilyzer in your car? I didn't know they still used those.

Keep your head up my friend, things will get better.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:05:09 PM by corlene »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal