dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Maintain on tramadol wakeing up sick  (Read 17265 times)

Offline OxyOpanaAlphaOmega (OP)

• Reputation Power: 3
  • OxyOpanaAlphaOmega is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 13, 2019, 05:57:00 AM
  • feelin heroic
Maintain on tramadol wakeing up sick
« on: August 11, 2015, 12:29:26 AM »
So I'm a cpp and I can't afford LA meds
Doctor will not give me methadone
So I'm given IR oxycodone and it last a week max
I hate IR oxy for pain because it's about two hours then seems like I hurt worse and then I take more the prescribed and I'm left soL
I have tramadol 120 of them and I've been using them to help with pain and stay off sick
Here is the thing: I wake up everyday feels like I've been hit by a truck , by the time I wake up it's been 12hours since I've dosed, I take 150-200mg X 2 a day
This tramadol withdrawal feels like my body is toxic and everything hurts inside me, like I'm an old man
It different then normal opiod or opiate withdrawal

Now I understand the actions of tramadol is also a serotonin drug and a norepinephrine drug too so I'm guessing that is the issue?

Does anyone else have this issue, even with icy when I run out I don't feel this sick that fast, normally takes about 24hrs and I'm running to the toilet
With this med I'm waking up with no other issues then feeling a toxic body load, extreme fatigue and slightly sick to my stomach more a dizziness then truly sick!

Should I just detox off because I don't know if this shit is fuckin up my body chemistry worse and worse as I use it ?

What's the time line of tramadol withdrawal as I've never really had it and should or could lope help in this process?

Thanks
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

regular-mods

Re: Maintain on tramadol wakeing up sick
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 12:34:06 AM »
Tramadol, with dosages up to 400 mg. did nothing for my w/d symptoms and everything for my discomfort, sweating and nausea.

I threw the rest away ... visit a Methadone clinic from a distance, watch and wait until somebody wants to sell their 'done - plenty do BUT if you can C/T it then do it.

it's an SSRI Opiod only.

can you get seeds/pods/Lope/Kratom ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• feelin heroic
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 02:31:05 AM »
I really can get anything I'm just choosing to not really partake lately as I can't stand to withdrawal and I'm not able to control my spending and a month later I'll realize I've spent thousands on drugs so I'm sticking to my scripts and such
I'm probably gonna order some more seeds and use those
The tramadol def keeps my withdrawal away but I do sweat and it makes me feel toxic so I'm gonna step off it ASAP
Thanks for the reply
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:59:26 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 02:54:25 AM »
good luck. i have never used seeds and pods but i surely wouldn't underestimate their potency and half-life; probably longer than methadone so keep that dose low.

find any accidental euphoria and it's go directly to jail without passing "Go"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Opi-ette is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 05, 2021, 02:27:50 PM
  • “I can resist everything except temptation.”
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 11:48:27 PM »
I recently used Clonidine ( along with a few other comfort meds) for Oxy withdrawal and it helped a lot. Not everyone likes it though. Maybe give it a try?

How long do you have until your refill?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 05:07:39 AM »
I occasionally use tramadol when I get a little ahead of myself and my script and I've got to say,tramadol works pretty well at combating wd,BUT there's something off about it.I get a host of pretty worrying side effects that indicate I'm close to a seizure.I look at tramadol as a last resort in desperate circumstances.

If I were you,if my doctor won't consider rxing me a long acting opiate I'd find another doctor who will.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline A-bomb

• Reputation Power: 2
  • A-bomb is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 18, 2023, 01:17:41 AM
  • Hi I'm Adam and I am an addict.
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 05:30:43 AM »
tramadol is some scary stuff. It always made me feel real funny so I never really trusted  it too much. I know it may not be ideal but a methadone clinic doesn't sound so bad compared to going through three weeks of withdrawal / taking tramadol a month. or try to find a doctor who will prescribe methadone for pain.you definitely want to get on a er med.  Either way I hope things work out and please keep us posted on what you decide to do.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• feelin heroic
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 12:07:49 PM »
Wow when I ran out of tramadol, I lost my mind, I've never had to maintain on tramadol and I don't brief I ever will again, I didn't have the normal withdrawals like oxy, dilaudid or heroin
I lost my mind with panic and anxiety and depression and rage. It was all I could do to keep myself sane
It the Ssri Part of tramadol, SSRI do not work for me, I luckily had some elavil for pain and sleep, it helped but I didn't take it for the first day or two and holy shit I about just freaked out
I am so lucky I was off work and able to stay home. So lucky I have a great smart wife who can understand what's going on and help me the second night I was in so much pain and so much panic she said she had to go for a drive, I understood I wanted to go for a drive away from myself, she came home with a Lb of BRM seeds and oil of lemon and a gallon of water for me. I was thrilled, the BRM here is unusually strong lately, and I was dying! Anyways that was last Sunday and I was able to go to church and have a pray group, the prayer helped too (NO BS)
But this month is more of the same, the doctor will not write much, the pain clinic wants to do injections for nerve pain (wtf) and I'm sol. So I'm FORCING MY SELF TO MAINTAIN ON MY 4 a day roxi tens
How well I've been having only two days worth at a time, taking them orally and the rest is locked up at my mothers office inside a building I can't get in AT ALL.
It sucks to have to do this but damn if I can cold turkey dilaudid and heroin I have, I can make due with 40mg oxy, I even quit pot about a month ago... I'm a CO boy too. I'm just done with it for a rest period I have no tracks on me at all, couple small scars though no collapsed veins (been IV for five years)
I have a good job at a large cell phone company as a sales consultant, like twenty nice suits my with got me from a store that was going out of business, an older but good jeep and a new small house to move into as my first true non rental stater home
I'm not bragging I'm just saying I was fuckinh homeless buying black off a dude named Russia on skid row 6th San Pedro LAST FEB!!! I'm in GA now where I was born and I just don't want to go back
Pain is pain I'm in the tub a lot soaking and sometimes cry from it (not gonna lie, I'm a man but it's neuropathic) but I just can't loose all this, it's such a better high to have my family my wife say "your a good man, your doing good again"
This is after dropping out of RN school in FL in 2012 moving to CO smoking major pot some reason left there went to LA became hooked on heroin LIVED on the streets for four solid weeks (not that long BUT long enough) to somehow working my ass off and getting my shit together in a rapid pace ...I can't believe It
Maybe I do have a chance to change to be me again and I was bad off I'd spend hundreds a day stealing robbing and all that shit that it takes to spend that amount of money on drugs
I can't go into all the details but I think I'll write a scene thread and explain it a bit

Thanks for the Replys everyone your all awesome
Stay good really I mean it whatever good really is to you
OOAO
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Opi-ette is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 05, 2021, 02:27:50 PM
  • “I can resist everything except temptation.”
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 05:16:35 PM »
OOAO your post made me smile. Sounds like you are doing great! I'm really happy for you. You put in the hard work and its paying off ten fold. Such an exciting time for you, you should be proud. I would definitely love to read a detailed thread about what's gone/going on and how you got there.

I'm sorry for your pain. I know how rough it can be. Keeping your meds in check is a good idea. I wish I had someone I could trust with mine.

Keep us posted!
Cheers!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 03:20:29 AM »
It's great to hear that you're getting your shit together,BUT it will all be for nought if you live in pain.

I'm not suggesting going out and scoring which would only be a temporary solution,but maybe look into long term solutions for finding ways to cope with your pain and in this case,if you can't find a doctor to script you enough to have some quality of life,then I seriously think the methadone clinic might be the best of some bad options.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline A-bomb

• Reputation Power: 2
  • A-bomb is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 18, 2023, 01:17:41 AM
  • Hi I'm Adam and I am an addict.
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 05:57:21 AM »
It's great to hear that you're getting your shit together,BUT it will all be for nought if you live in pain.

I'm not suggesting going out and scoring which would only be a temporary solution,but maybe look into long term solutions for finding ways to cope with your pain and in this case,if you can't find a doctor to script you enough to have some quality of life,then I seriously think the methadone clinic might be the best of some bad options.

I wholeheartedly agree with Nick. I know quite a few people at my clinic who are there for pain because they could not find a doctor to adequately treat their problems. I hope you figure something out and you can be pain free.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 10:20:05 AM »
It's worth noting that there should be a different dosage regime for methadone used for pain rather than addiction,BUT if you get take homes I can tell you how to dose-it's not much of a change.Just more,smaller doses rather than the once/twice a day dosing for addiction.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline JonnyCakes

• Reputation Power: 4
  • JonnyCakes is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 25, 2022, 02:32:05 PM
  • I'm gonna be just like you...
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 12:46:41 PM »
Tramadol is awful but it will keep you from getting the quakes and stomach issues. I see a lot of people say "SSRI" but honestly it is less a serotonin reuptake inhibitor than it increases the making of serotonin in your brain, that's why it is dangerous to take with a true SSRI like Zoloft. Tramadol ups the creation of Serotonin, an SSRI blocks the reuptake of Serotonin, flooding the serotonin receptors in the brain. Then the seizures from Serotonin Syndrome. The big nasty feeling upon coming down from Tramadol is common; in almost every person I have talked to on the subject of Tramadol the words that come up are "dirty" and "nasty." Very few people enjoy trying to get high from the drug, they always feel like they are almost hitting the spot, so they take another and another trying to get there. There have also been quite a few things I have read about a strange cigarette interaction; people will take Tramadol then head out for a smoke and BANG there is the seizure. I have taken this drug and I can tell you coming off tramadol is the most disgusting withdrawal I have ever felt mentally. If I was trying to come down and get clean and to keep from getting ill I would start at 300mg a day every 6 hours then taper off at half a pill every four days. Honestly most of the way this drug works in the brain, especially the Seratonin and Norepinephrine actions of the drug are theoretical and based on how the people in drug testing taking Tramadol react to it and less because people understand the actual chemical action in the brain. This is one I would get away from and stay away from - it just does too many things to the chemistry of the brain in one drug. You may feel sicker when you wake up from the lack of serotonin as opposed to the lack of opioid action of the drug. Your brain gets used to working with higher levels of Serotonin keeping you up, then when your Serotonin levels go down to normal there is not enough to fill the receptors up. Sorry for the novel, just trying to help!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Hello there, angel from my nightmare, the shadow in the background of the morgue...

monkawat

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 08:26:57 PM »
This thread is a month or two old and I believe he is on methadone maintenence at this point.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Hooman

• Non-standard issue, also a
  • SA_Chat+
  • Hooman is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 16, 2020, 02:17:46 AM
  • I've got a handful of coconut-size opium pods...
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2017, 08:59:19 PM »
Tramadol is awful but...Sorry for the novel, just trying to help!

That was actually really interesting - I've always regarded Tramadol with some suspicion - it just doesn't *seem* right to me, the way the molecule looks (  ;) ), and the description of it's binding profile.

A while back, someone I know was prescribed Tramadol, Neurontin, Gabapentin and Amytryptalilne for a messed-up back, and none of them seemed to help their pain, but made them feel awful.

The doctor then prescribed Meptazinol, which seems to be a weird 'not-opiate' like Tramadol, but I can find a lot less information about it - it doesn't seem to be much known or used.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions