dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: UA came back positive for Morphine... TWICE!  (Read 19065 times)

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
Re: UA came back positive for Morphine... TWICE!
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 31, 2016, 02:17:03 PM »
Quote from: monkey business link=topic=2700.msg30388#msg30388
that was my logic as well, only I was under the impression that GC/MS testing was supposed to be pretty much error-free? Or is that not the case?

Actually the machine process once the sample is imported into the gc/ms machine it's probably pretty error free unless the inside of the machine gets contaminated somehow, but I was thinking nick was referring to the people in the lab fuckkng up the sample somehow by mislabeling or somehow mixing samples up or cross contaminating...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 06:31:03 PM »
did they give you the level of morphine in the sample? I mean if they run a gc/ms on it they ought to have the level of the analyte in the sample.

FUN FACT: ranitidine (aka Zantac - the H2 antagonist for stomach acid) can and will reliably cause false positives for methamphetamine. Which is weird because it's totally different in its mol. structure from methamp.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline monkey business (OP)

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • monkey business is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 21, 2018, 07:07:08 PM
  • Monkey bizz in the houseee
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 05:14:39 PM »
did they give you the level of morphine in the sample? I mean if they run a gc/ms on it they ought to have the level of the analyte in the sample.

@Zoops I don't remember the exact figure was but think it was around 180 ng/mL with a cutoff of 100.

Also fuck, I'm really starting to panic right now - my probation officer just called and said I had to come in and do one last UA today before I could be done for good (which is strange as she already told me I was done at our last meeting).

I mean I still haven't used shit besides my regular prescribed meds but if that comes back positive for opiates like the ones at the clinic then the whole thing could be fucked and I could go straight back to fucking jail!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:08:48 PM by monkey business »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Any and all posts made by user "monkey business" are entirely fictional in nature and bear no connection to any real-life character or characters. Any perceived similarities are entirely coincidental by nature.

Offline monkey business (OP)

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • monkey business is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 21, 2018, 07:07:08 PM
  • Monkey bizz in the houseee
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 05:29:35 PM »
Also @Zoops @dizzle @Opus @robojunkie @Morfy @Jega or anyone else familiar with this kind of stuff, is the molecule structure of Gabapentin/Lyrica/Ambien/Ciprofloxacin similar at all to that of Morphine? i.e. Could one of those perhaps be misinterpreted as Morphine by an inexperienced lab tech / wrongly-calibrated machine?

Also, could a UTI / other kind of urinary infection perhaps alter the urine sample and throw off the test results?

Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:31:10 PM by monkey business »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Any and all posts made by user "monkey business" are entirely fictional in nature and bear no connection to any real-life character or characters. Any perceived similarities are entirely coincidental by nature.

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2016, 11:17:55 AM »
damn that is fucking horrible dude I really hope that you get off this shit, I got arrested for my done dui with less than a month left of probation so I got another 18 months. I will hopefully get off in january and i am praying I don't goto jail next week for lying to my PO about finishing my community service so I could visit my family. I am going to be so pissed if I have to kick in jail again next week and have my probation restarted and/or have to do a few months in jail or whatever I fucking hate the system!

PO's are such assholes, I would be pissed if the clinic fucked up my UA, since the only UA I have to take for probation is my monthly random at the MMT clinic which have to be observed now which is kind of annoying. Now I have to have my counselor observe all my UA's which luckily I got over my stage fright after I had to do them in front of someone every week after I first got arrested, but I still think its weird that its my counselor but he's is really cool so it could be worse.

I had to do my first observed UA in front of the girl nurse a few weeks ago, its always been a dude before. She is new and is my age mid to late 20s and very good looking so I was kind of nervous that I wouldn't be able to go but it wasn't a problem. Luckily, I still thought it was kind of fucked up that I had to do it in front of a chick though not that it matters or bothers me, it was just a bit embarrassing at the time.

I had to take a UA to start my DUI classes, and I told them I was on methadone for my assessment and then I made sure to write down I was on it on the form you fill out when you take it since the guy forgot to ask. Yesterday I come into do my class, and the head lady has me sit down in her office and wait for 5 minutes, and starts questioning me about my UA, and she seemed so butthurt that I wasn't going to get in trouble for "failing" my UA since I was on it legally and my PO knew, they are all out to get you I swear.

I really hope you get off paper and get this shit behind you how long have you been on probation? I am going to put in a motion to get off early if i odnt goto jail next week since its been a year, but I doubt they willl let me off. Oh well 7 more months to go then I am fucking done I hope I never have to deal with this shit again its so stressful, and aggravating. It just makes me feel like I have so much pent up anger and hate inside, it's gotten better with time but it hasn't been easy to feel like a fuck up with no rights and that the state is out to get you always.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2016, 11:44:16 AM »
Flase positive's in dip stick tests could be possible as they are notoriously shitty for this, actually Gas Chromatography /mass spectrometry (GC/MS) can show false positives for shit as well, but the thresholds are a big factor here

I've read that  quinolone, specifically quinolone antibiotics (yes cipro is one of these) have tested positive for opiates, but under 2000 nL/g, which if the clinic set thresholds at 180 nL/g, you could fail for that. Here the link that discusses false GC/MS, at levels of 300 nL/g or more see here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11754677

Here's another one that speaks more generally about opiate false postivies but it's helpful as there is a case study about a dude that was on IV antibiotics and tested hot for morphine:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3505132/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline PhaseH

• Reputation Power: 2
  • PhaseH is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2016, 11:44:01 AM
  • keeping users safe and informed
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2016, 11:35:45 AM »
happened to use codeine ???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions