dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: France: truck runs over crowd at Bastille day. 84 dead, 50 more critical  (Read 1224 times)

Z

Have you guys heard about this?  France is such a hotbed right now.  There is a long standing anti Muslim sentiment that is just exploding lately.  The Paris suburbs are a Muslim ghetto warzone of sorts.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/15/nice-attack-leaves-84-dead-and-france-in-shock

France has been stunned and sickened by a third massacre in 18 months in which a man drove a heavy goods truck through night-time crowds celebrating Bastille Day on the seafront in Nice. He killed at least 84 people and injured scores more, many of them small children.

The armed man, believed to be a 31-year-old French Tunisian who lived locally, zigzagged the vehicle at high speeds for more than a mile along a beachfront esplanade, instantly turning a festival atmosphere of fireworks and families into carnage. Police shot him dead inside the truck’s cabin.

There's a lot more at the linked story, but I'm on my phone.  Crazy shit, but one guy in a truck sounds like an angry guy more then a terrorist master plan.  What do you guys think? 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
This is so awful, I just can't begin to understand. I bitch a lot about the US, our govt, and policies but I am very glad that they have been able to keep foreign terrorists from attacking on our soil, we have had a lot of domestic terrorism, but other than that we haven't seen any thing huge like that since 9/11 really. I heard there were explosives and guns in the truck to but I don't know if that is true, I just wish we could find peace, and I wish there could be stability around the world and no famine, genocide, homelessness and all that other shenanigans.

Do you guys remember reading the story about the girl who ran into a parade at Okla. state university last year killing a few people? Everyone immediately thought she was drunk and did it on purpose but I still believe she was going through insulin shock since she had almost zero alcohol in her system, that was said to be from the night before, and I know a guy who went through it once and ended up catching a domestic violence charge for tearing up his house even though he didn't remember anything and almost died.

I hope that the families of the victims can find peace and happiness and that the whole world just takes the extra steps to make peace when it comes to this. Anyone know more about what its like in france now and for the past year, with the refugees and what the political climate I guess is like, is there increasing violence and hatred, is it being egged on by the media like it is here, is it because of refugees or is that part of a bigger problem, anyone who knows more about it I'd like to know.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
I think this was a Tunesian who plowed intothat crowd yesterday. If so I wouldn't just chalk it up to ISIS or "Islamic Terrorist" immediately. Tunisia was a French colony and protectorate and there is a lot of bad blood left from those days.

We wouldn't know it from the US media but France is undergoing the largest stae of accross the board civil unrest since their revolution. Neo-Liberal Economics is screwing almost everyone around the world and I suspect things are going to get much worse before they get better.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 11:22:15 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
he was a "lone wolf" type of terrorist, as i heard on the media because they found supporting evidence in his truck and home.

still evil in the name of religion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
We can expect the media to shamefully downplay the man's religious affiliation. Sickens me to see that every time some crazy Muslim carries out some heinous act like this, the newpapers and TV news, online news, all will soft-pedal the Islam angle.

Islam is NOT a "religion of peace." People carrying out these terrorist acts are not "radicals" or "extremists." They are run-of-the-mill Muslims. Just following the Prophet's (PBUH) directions in the Koran.

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

- Zoops
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 12:30:37 PM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Dopeless Hopefiend

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Dopeless Hopefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 30, 2017, 01:20:01 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
@Zoops you can't honestly say that this guy and the daesh terrorists, etc are "run of the mill muslims" with a straight face can you? Seriously? That's just fucking nonsense. I've known many actual "run of the mill muslims" and they are kind, loving, peaceful individuals who absolutely condemn the violence that extremists like these are perpetrating in the name of their religion. There are millions and millions of Muslims in the world, and these sick bastards are abso-fuckin-lutely the exception not the rule.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
I shouldn't have said it that way. I'm just pissed off.

One thing for sure is that the media coddles Muslims, and seems to shy away from tying terrorism to Islam.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
Modern Islam is not a religion of violence. Muslims are just like anyone else. With any religious group, aside from very small neo religious groups, you have fringe groups - radicals and ultra conservatives. These people are the extremists. The majority of Muslims aren't going around bombing and slaughtering people, nor do they support it, they're just people getting on with their life like anyone else.

All the time I see people dragging out scripture, often without context, and using it to vilify Islam. The Christian bible has some harsh content in it, but that doesn't mean the entire religion is going to follow it. The same goes for Muslims.

There also appears to be a ton of folks, that think that the inky terrorists are Muslim groups, that Christians are gentle peaceful people, it's as if Christian terrorists don't exist. The IRA was a Catholic group. There's many others. These same people also forget about the Crusades, but that's a discussion for another time and place.

The problem isn't Islamic terrorists, it's radical Islamic terrorists, extremists - largely wahhabists.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 04:47:36 PM by theSWPK »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
being a reclusive drug enthusiast I stay out of the news for the most part, and so havent been closely following any of this.

that being said,
pretty much everything Ive read in the last 10 minutes raises more questions for me than it does answer them

it's been made abundantly clear that Muslim extremists think Allah is really fucking ackbar.
But I dont see Allah being the main benefactor here.

Cui Bono?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
^ Cui Gives a Shit..... Its got a fuckin bow on it.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 11:22:15 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
FWIW, I have a good close friend who is a Muslim and he is one of us and is very cool.

The religion just gives the tiny minority of evil bastards an excuse.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
Blaming Islam for Middle East related terrorism (there or here) is a red herring offered to us by the ruling clss of the West. Let's be honest, Europe, then the US and Europe together have been taking their resources, thoughtlessly drawing lines on maps to create countries that never should have existed, installed Israel who has been undertaking genocide of Palestinians, stealing their natural resources by doing things like installing puppet dictators that we make very wealthy as long as they let our multinational oil companies take their national source of wealth for pennies on the dollar, or if they don't cooperate, starving and invading them for no good reason except control of oil or to contain the USSR now Russia....for over 100 years.

The average person/people in the region are poor, and see no end in sight and naturally they are angry. When you create those conditions, especially on poorly educated people they naturally turn to their source of inspiration, in this case Islam and its clerics to ask them for answers and THEN the the few radial Imams that have the oratorical gifts to channel their anger will do so . I saw recenty that the violent groups have an easier time recruiting people who aren't that religious than those who are. It is easier to "cherry pick" and spin religious texts to them because their recruits' knowledge is superficial.

But the root cause is not the religion it is some interpreters and rabble rousers within the religion like the Wahabi sect that feed the anger back to the people and direct it to act. But underneath it all is the despair caused by 100+ years of being used and drained of wealth that could have been spent on infrastructure, schools and hospitals but instead went to the West and a few families in each country who play ball with the West.

In other words, the Wahaibi clerics and their ilk are not turning happy, well fed, educated comfortable people into terorists but people who are looking for ways to resist the exploitation they have been suffering under for generations.

The red herring of "A Violent Religion" is for OUR consumption so that we can dismiss their anger and a product of a religion when it is much more complicated than that.

I don't doubt that if foriegn armies periodically invaded North America and forced us to sign away or resources, maintained a constant military presence including high flying drones that drop unexpexted death on random wedding parties, we'd be ready to take up arms too.

Things are not as we are told they are by corporate media and politicians pandering to our fear. It is much more complicated than that.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 01:13:00 PM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
I pretty sure that most people who hate islam as a whole, blame it for terrorism, and think we should kill everyone who is muslim, would be terrorists if they grew up in those conditions.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

I think blaming Muslims for terrorism is definitely short-sighted.  Being angry and lashing out is a pretty normal response at the same time when you hear report after report of Islamic terrorism.

It's kind of an old story.  Perverting faith to pursue an agenda.  It isn't exclusive to Muslims either.  Christians have the same thing happen.  There is a lot of 'domestic terrorism' that is under reported in favor of anything with an ethnic connection.

I'm just sad that it happened.  My wife showed me a video of a guy on a motorcycle who was behind the truck.  When it was clear the guy was swerving to hit more people he sped up and jumped on the truck.  He could have just stopped and been safe, but instead he chose to do that.  It was pretty sad.  You see him struggle and fight to try to do something, but he fell under the wheels of the truck.

I have trouble understanding how people get into the mindset that they are able to do that.  Killing that many people can't be easy.  I assume most people would have trouble doing it even if they were fanatics.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Der Alte Krieger

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Der Alte Krieger is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 29, 2020, 03:38:00 AM

I'm just sad that it happened.  My wife showed me a video of a guy on a motorcycle who was behind the truck.  When it was clear the guy was swerving to hit more people he sped up and jumped on the truck.  He could have just stopped and been safe, but instead he chose to do that.  It was pretty sad.  You see him struggle and fight to try to do something, but he fell under the wheels of the truck.

I would like to find out more about this guy.

Whenever I hear about the "cowardly French" I think about event's like this

Also I think of the French troops that parachuted, with no jump training, at night, to relieve the garrison at Diem bin phu, knowing there was no plan to get them out.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal