dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Let's Talk About Marinol  (Read 4779 times)

Offline lawyerup

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • lawyerup is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 20, 2022, 07:39:05 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Let's Talk About Marinol
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 26, 2015, 07:22:59 AM »
monk have u tried metochloperamide?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

monkawat

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 07:23:36 AM »
monk have u tried metochloperamide?

No- that is reglan right?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 01:22:37 PM »
Pretty sure that a doctor can prescribe off label
Off he wants epically in Texas just read on the Huffington post
About restroil being prescribed off label and the first case j&j settled was in Texas.

I hope you find some relief. You are doing one of the hardest things a person can do. You don't need nasty gi issues holding you back
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2015, 09:43:17 AM »
Hey that sucks, Monk.

But I'm surprised nobody has suggested that you smoke a reefer.

Why not just get stoned? If it's because your wife and kids would have a problem with it, just explain to wifey that one of the primary medical uses of marijuana is for treatment of nausea. I'm sure she's seen how awful your morning vomiting sessions are, and should support something that has been proven (yes PROVEN) to be an effective treatment for nausea.

But maybe she'd just say, "you're trying to get high, and you're using this nausea problem as an excuse to do it." I don't know about what your kids would say, but they don't really need to know - at least right away they don't need to know.

Of course, you'd be breaking the law by smoking it, but damn I'm absolutely sure a nice bong rip of some good bud would give you an appetite (and would get you high as gas too :o).

Kytril is another med that is in the same class as Zofran - a 5HT3 antagonist.

I'm not sure whether I read that you had tried Zofran, but that one is supposed to be awesome for nausea.

A doctor would never (I'm 99% sure of this but usually it's not a good idea to say "never") go straight to Marinol for someone complaining of nausea. Which is strange because if you live in a state where they have medical MJ, you can go in and say you want to smoke weed because you have a chronic nausea problem, you'd be handed a letter from a smiling doctor, saying "hope this helps."

I think I recall you saying something about being super-paranoid from smoking before. So maybe not. But Marinol can be expected to have similar effects. Maybe edibles with MJ?

Now that I think of it, yep that 's the ticket for ya right there buddy, some edible MJ therapy! Seriously.

And Reglan is indeed metoclopramide.

and to Mr. Pooper - yep that synthetic shit would give me serious munchies. I remember crushing a large  pan crust pizza in like 15 minutes about 6 months ago, while under the influence of some "Dr. Feelgood" herbal potpourri (totally not for human consumption).  And if I ate a large meal while under the influence of some synthetic shit, and then I ran out or quit smoking for some reason or whatever, I'd puke it all up.  My theory is that  cannabinoid agonism is necessary for keeping your food down too.

At least when you're activating those receptors that strongly it is.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline _Enduser

• Reputation Power: 8
  • _Enduser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
  • Lex Produca da Original Ableton Killa
    • My original Productions
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2015, 10:13:25 AM »
Hey that sucks, Monk.

But I'm surprised nobody has suggested that you smoke a reefer.

Why not just get stoned? If it's because your wife and kids would have a problem with it, just explain to wifey that one of the primary medical uses of marijuana is for treatment of nausea. I'm sure she's seen how awful your morning vomiting sessions are, and should support something that has been proven (yes PROVEN) to be an effective treatment for nausea.

But maybe she'd just say, "you're trying to get high, and you're using this nausea problem as an excuse to do it." I don't know about what your kids would say, but they don't really need to know - at least right away they don't need to know.

Of course, you'd be breaking the law by smoking it, but damn I'm absolutely sure a nice bong rip of some good bud would give you an appetite (and would get you high as gas too :o).

Kytril is another med that is in the same class as Zofran - a 5HT3 antagonist.

I'm not sure whether I read that you had tried Zofran, but that one is supposed to be awesome for nausea.

A doctor would never (I'm 99% sure of this but usually it's not a good idea to say "never") go straight to Marinol for someone complaining of nausea. Which is strange because if you live in a state where they have medical MJ, you can go in and say you want to smoke weed because you have a chronic nausea problem, you'd be handed a letter from a smiling doctor, saying "hope this helps."

I think I recall you saying something about being super-paranoid from smoking before. So maybe not. But Marinol can be expected to have similar effects. Maybe edibles with MJ?

Now that I think of it, yep that 's the ticket for ya right there buddy, some edible MJ therapy! Seriously.

And Reglan is indeed metoclopramide.

and to Mr. Pooper - yep that synthetic shit would give me serious munchies. I remember crushing a large  pan crust pizza in like 15 minutes about 6 months ago, while under the influence of some "Dr. Feelgood" herbal potpourri (totally not for human consumption).  And if I ate a large meal while under the influence of some synthetic shit, and then I ran out or quit smoking for some reason or whatever, I'd puke it all up.  My theory is that  cannabinoid agonism is necessary for keeping your food down too.

At least when you're activating those receptors that strongly it is.

My father was given a prescription for Marinol last year when he was dying from Cancer.  I had  to eat like, 15 or 17 of the pills to get ANYWHERE, they were 5mg each and I considered them very very very weak.  Would eat handfuls at a time.  That being said; they suck for all the nice side effects of weed that are medicinal, presumably because Marinol has no CBD or any other alkaloids.   I didn't get the munchies, didn't get that nice body high, and I could see it not doing SHIT for my nausea.  They didn't do ANYTHING for my father's naseau, hence why he gave the pills to me.  They contain a thick brown oil and look like plastic pellets. 

They are also a bitch to get; most of the time requiring prior authorization from a doctor so that your insurance will cover script, and many pharmacies don't carry it etc. I wouldn't fuck with it IMO, kinda worthless.  Smoke real weed; it contains all the helpful alkaloids; after using Marinol I've concluded the medicinal value of weed DOES NOT come from THC
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http://www.soundcloud.com/lexproduca

Please Check out my music!

monkawat

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2015, 11:19:22 PM »
So-

Update here.

Fuck marinol or sativex or whatever.

I just got a hookup for some really high quality shatter/wax/and bud.

I plan on getting myself some bud from the guy first just to test the waters and see if I like the cannabis high still.

Who knows- maybe this will help my ptsd. He really wants me to try his shatter. I've tried it before and it was a great high and didn't reek like actual weed does, which is a plus. But I think it's too strong for someone like me at this point so I'll hold off for a while.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Bhoris

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Bhoris is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2018, 12:40:15 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2015, 12:45:39 AM »
So-

Update here.

Fuck marinol or sativex or whatever.

I just got a hookup for some really high quality shatter/wax/and bud.

I plan on getting myself some bud from the guy first just to test the waters and see if I like the cannabis high still.

Who knows- maybe this will help my ptsd. He really wants me to try his shatter. I've tried it before and it was a great high and didn't reek like actual weed does, which is a plus. But I think it's too strong for someone like me at this point so I'll hold off for a while.

Yea, Marinol sucks. They tried to single out the specific cannibinoids that help with nausea while eliminating all the other fun cannibinoids/CBDs that give you a body high and all that. A failed experiment, if you ask me. One might as well just smoke actual weed. It's cheaper, easier to get, and it actually has some recreational value.

A random side note, I was really into making shatter for a while 3-5 years ago before shatter really got huge. I remember handing my shit out to friends who had no idea what it even was because at that time goopy "hash oil" was the shit to have. The thing people didn't realize then was that the dark, goopy consistency was actually a bad thing. The dark color meant it was over-cooked and the goopy texture meant it still had too much butane left in it. I came up with the bright idea to purge my shit in a vacuum desiccator so I could purge it at extremely low temperatures and viola, shatter!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DirtyJerzy

• Reputation Power: 12
  • DirtyJerzy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 18, 2017, 03:01:23 AM
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2015, 12:39:29 AM »
I had a script for marinol a few years back just to be able to smoke pot while being tested. Doc was a family friend, told me it could only be written for chronic wasting and some cases of SEVERE nausea.

I can say that the seasame oil it's suspended in will have your breath, BO, and burps smelling pretty fucking weird, for me at least.

It contains only THC-A, which means it hasn't been decarboxulated, and has no "high" at all, NONE. Also since it only contains that one chemical, THC-A, if they would've labbed my piss the gcms would've found all the other related cannibinoids, and knew I was ingesting more then marinol. Thankfully they weren't that smart.

If I were you I just use straight ganj. Part of the plants magic is the synergy created amongst all it's different cannabinoids. When you isolate just one, and the shittiest one at that, your losing it's medicinal value.

But it is a good way to smoke pot while on paper, if you can find a doc to write it.

It will actually increase your appitite though, that I can say. Other then that it's crap. But hey if that's what your after maybe give it a try. I would still recommend just ingesting cannabis though. In fact that's what almost every Dr. Told me, but then again I was in the Bay Area, and most of them were "pot docs".

@enduser: THC is a very huge part of the effect of cannabis, it's just not THC-A it's Delta9 THC, which is what THC-A converts to once decarboxalated. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 12:53:21 AM by DirtyJerzy »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The nail that sticks up gets hammered down.

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2016, 01:41:45 PM »
While raw cannabis contains amounts of THC-a or ("THC- acid"), Marinol does NOT.

It actually contains delta-9-THC, just like you get when you smoke weed.

"Decarboxylation" is a chemical reaction whereby a carboxylic acid group is removed from a molecule. So, in order to be decarboxylated, a molecule must contain a carboxylic acid group.

The structure of the compound in Marinol, dubbed "dronabinol" which is just another term for THC proper, is as shown in the diagram below:

* dronabinol structure.jpg (4.89 kB . 184x131 - viewed 410 times)

as you can see, there is no -COOH group there.

So, I would say that the lack of any perceived effects from taking Marinol orally comes from the fact that there are none of the other cannabinoids found in marijuana in that product. Kind of mystifying to me. While I've never had the opportunity to take Marinol, I always thought it would be great fun. But I guess it's nothing to it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2016, 04:23:45 PM »
While raw cannabis contains amounts of THC-a or ("THC- acid"), Marinol does NOT.

It actually contains delta-9-THC, just like you get when you smoke weed.

"Decarboxylation" is a chemical reaction whereby a carboxylic acid group is removed from a molecule. So, in order to be decarboxylated, a molecule must contain a carboxylic acid group.

The structure of the compound in Marinol, dubbed "dronabinol" which is just another term for THC proper, is as shown in the diagram below:

* dronabinol structure.jpg (4.89 kB . 184x131 - viewed 410 times)

as you can see, there is no -COOH group there.

So, I would say that the lack of any perceived effects from taking Marinol orally comes from the fact that there are none of the other cannabinoids found in marijuana in that product. Kind of mystifying to me. While I've never had the opportunity to take Marinol, I always thought it would be great fun. But I guess it's nothing to it.

I bought a few back in highschool and was less than impressed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions