dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Started MMT Today  (Read 23220 times)

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
Re: Started MMT Today
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2015, 02:55:34 AM »
200mg Trazadone nightly?

Dayum. You know about the priapism risk, right? I'd be afraid of waking up with one that won't go away, I don't want anything to do with that kind of pain thank you!

Quote from: MW
since most MMT patients need to have it very cold.

My klinik is never less than like 80-85F, I have no idea why it's always so hot in there. Just awesome when your counselor talks way too much (she's great, just.... verbose) and you're literally pouring fucking sweat from the hike there.

Mention the sweating as a symptom in that place and they're just clueless. Baffles me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 04:16:01 AM »
Hope it's all you hoped for, Monk. And it was a good thing you did, man.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

monkawat

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 05:05:17 AM »
200mg Trazadone nightly?

Dayum. You know about the priapism risk, right? I'd be afraid of waking up with one that won't go away, I don't want anything to do with that kind of pain thank you!

since most MMT patients need to have it very cold.

My klinik is never less than like 80-85F, I have no idea why it's always so hot in there. Just awesome when your counselor talks way too much (she's great, just.... verbose) and you're literally pouring fucking sweat from the hike there.

Mention the sweating as a symptom in that place and they're just clueless. Baffles me.

Yeah, my psych doc is big on traz but we tried everything first. I couldn't get good results with z type drugs and have always avoided benzos, even sleep specific ones. Sleep hygiene has added around an hour or two to each night's sleep.

I get fairly good results, anywhere from 5-8 hrs sleep a night. Only got about 10 hrs sleep last two nights total but that had to do with WD mostly, at least I think.

Fingers crossed but no priapism yet, haha.

And I am a person who likes it cold in my house (keep ac at 72 during day, 71 at night.) So I am now thankful my clinic keeps it real cold inside.

The traz caused a false positive on the dipstick pee test for m-amph. But they knew it was from traz since I told em up front and methadone doc said there was about a 75 percent chance it would result in a false positive, apparently it has some funky metabolite related actions that cause said results.

Anyways, I am a little tired today but doing well. The clinic doesn't care about weed for your drug tests which I found interesting. I don't smoke for legal reasons (cannot risk getting arrested out in the draconian land of east tx for pot) , but if I lived in a medical state or rec. State I would absolutely get a medical card and use bud for insomnia and nausea. I also have heard great things about ptsd and certain cannabis related products. I wish TX would go medical and they have passed a bill recently but (don't quote me on these specifics) only cancer pts. And epileptics (including pediatrics)can get what I think are relatively low thc and cbd containing products. Step in the right direction, considering the rediculous amount of $ we could put into our state's crumbling infrastructure from that type of revenue you can get from medical and especially rec. legalization efforts.

I really cannot explain how helpful you guys all are. This community is supportive beyond belief. Finding all yall and the phile a year and a half ago is something I am really thankful for, no way to describe it...

I hope everybody who commented so far is doing well in their own right too.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 05:08:21 AM by monkawat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 07:22:16 AM »
Hey, Monkawat!  So glad you decided to belly on up to the clinic window with the rest of us! lol.  On a serious note, I hope that you find the relief you are looking for.  MMT has been wonderful for me and I highly recommend it.

It sounds like you are already starting to feel better and in a week or two it will be even better still!

I'm so glad your family is on board and that they have expressed how prooud they are of you.  I know we all have to do what is right for us, whether or not our family is on board, but it is easier when they are supportive!

Keep us posted on how you are doing!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 12:11:46 PM »
Anyways, I am a little tired today but doing well. The clinic doesn't care about weed for your drug tests which I found interesting. I don't smoke for legal reasons (cannot risk getting arrested out in the draconian land of east tx for pot) , but if I lived in a medical state or rec. State I would absolutely get a medical card and use bud for insomnia and nausea. I also have heard great things about ptsd and certain cannabis related products. I wish TX would go medical and they have passed a bill recently but (don't quote me on these specifics) only cancer pts. And epileptics (including pediatrics)can get what I think are relatively low thc and cbd containing products. Step in the right direction, considering the rediculous amount of $ we could put into our state's crumbling infrastructure from that type of revenue you can get from medical and especially rec. legalization efforts.

Thats kind of funny but annoys me at the same time. Colorado just allowed people on parole and probation to smoke medical marijuana which is awesome but the state doesn't allow you to smoke weed at the clinic. My counselor said that it is a state level regulation why I can't smoke and that its not a clinic to clinic thing. I mean I can smoke but I wouldn't be able to get take outs and I would have to do one counseling session and 2 groups a month. I get my first phase Monday so hopefully this is the last Saturday I have to come in to dose. I tried to get a courtesy take home from the state so that I can go hike a fourteener with some friends next week but they haven't said anything back yet and my counselor said its probably not going to happen. I hate that I can't just get a take home for that day and come in that Saturday to dose sense they will be giving me the same amount of take outs I would just switch the days I am getting them.

They can't do that which screws me over if I get to go home on thanksgiving because I wont be able to get my Saturday & Sunday dose unless I am there Friday. Sense they are only closed Thursday for thanksgiving I can't just get my Thursday take-home and my Saturday Sunday take-homes and only have to courtesy dose for one day because it cost $25 a day to courtesy dose there. I will have to courtesy dose for 3 days which cost $75 and then my family would find out that I am back on methadone.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • <s>Riddick</s> is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 23, 2015, 10:59:01 PM
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 02:33:05 PM »
Hey everybody,

I know this might be an out of the blue thing but in reality, for me and my family, it is not. This has been a long time coming. In order to save face and make myself feel better about my addiction- I have underplayed/underexagerated my usage on here and to others in my personal life outside of my wife. I have been getting morphine, oxy, and hydro both from my doc and when I run out- from some vets I know, from my ptsd therapy group.

I also can't afford to spend another dime on PM and the methadone isn't gonna empty my wallet because it is through the VA. They have a 6 month waiting list but being a disabled vet, I got jumped to the top of the line and did intake today.

I dosed at 20mg and they want me to stay at that if at all possible since the doc is attempting to dually treated both my pain and my addiction problem and thinks the lower the better. I also have been having some GI troubles (IBS coming back) and the less opioids, the better. I was diagnosed with Chrohn's (sucks ass) also. I know I am gonna have WD symptoms for a while even on 20mg but it has taken the edge off minus the nausea.

I'm sure some will say that going on MMT when you are coming off 300ishmg morphine equiv. doses a day is unwise but it really has become my last resort.

I know there is another thread by oxyopanaalpha or whatever his handle is but rather than threadjack his story I wanted to start my own. I probably won't do the constant/ daily updates like he's doing (like anyone would care if I did, heh..) but still wanted to get any advice I can from my friends (and those I don't know well too) on the board regarding this transition.

I have finally come to terms with my dual issues of pain and addiction and this seems like the best option ATM. They seem to want to keep me low so I can taper off more easily (I know, not easy) than if I was up on higher doses.

Take care yall,
monkawat
MMT Or Suboxone treatment is being even more enslaved. Now they tell you to not score or be clean....WTF? Money-grubbing scheme. I know its comfort and that it has helped a lot of people, but its just being stuck in the middle. You cant play the grey zone in this type of game.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • <s>Riddick</s> is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 23, 2015, 10:59:01 PM
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 02:36:01 PM »
I guess you can...But you arent here for the high you came here or for the junk-freeness either. Your just taking your daily ritual. Unless your slinging them for 20 a peice, then its a different story. Just my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

monkawat

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 11:21:17 PM »
Interesting griffin. Sorry to hear that about weed and your clinic.

It does kinda make sense though since CO has to keep weed totally on the up and up, know what I mean?

Still, it sucks for you man. Google "methadone maint. And marijuana use". It is a cool article saying that weed has positive effects on those in mmt, especially during their intake month.

----

Oh and riddick- fuck off.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 11:37:45 PM »
Interesting griffin. Sorry to hear that about weed and your clinic.

It does kinda make sense though since CO has to keep weed totally on the up and up, know what I mean?

Still, it sucks for you man. Google "methadone maint. And marijuana use". It is a cool article saying that weed has positive effects on those in mmt, especially during their intake month.

----

Oh and riddick- fuck off.

I second that motion he never contributes anything to any conversation, at least any that I have seen.

Colorado is definitely being scrutinized and heavily watched by all the other states and federal government so I absolutely understand why they are being as pre-cautious as possible. Hopefully the federal government at least changes marijuana from a schedule one drug and that way it would be legal for all states to impose medical marijuana laws with out any problems from the federal government. I mean we need to get it to that point so that more money can be spent on research to see what all the medical benefits are and see what types of medications can be made for those with serious illnesses like cerebral palsy, aids, cancer and everything else that it has clearly shown to help with.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

monkawat

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 11:52:27 PM »
My wife and I wanna visit Aurora next year and hit up a dispensary for recreational purposes. Are there weed smoking friendly hotels throughout Colorado now??

My wife wants to try it for the first time (lol better late than never right?) But wants to try one of those sweet teas infused with thc, one of the lower lvl thc ones that is.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 12:21:39 AM »
I think there are hotels where you can smoke at now. They started doing weed vacations right after it was legalized so I am sure that if you look into the marijuana vacations on google you will find some places that let you smoke. There are now places kind of like bars where you can smoke at, they can't sell weed at these places but they sell different bongs, pipes, rolling papers, and have a lot of different glass work that you can try out. I believe they have mouth pieces that they give to each individual that way your not hitting a bong after a guy who hasn't brushed his teeth this year and because it is safer. When you do get here I would pick up the free weekly magazine its called the Westword and it has coupons for a bunch of different dispensaries and everything that is going on that week. Its a pretty cool little magazine you can pick them up at most street corners downtown or just type it in online and it will show you where the closest one to you is They come in the same thing you buy newspapers out of but are free and the metal boxes are red .

Also look up free days in colorado online and see if there are any places that have free admission during the time you are here. The art museum which has around 70,000 pieces of art and is really cool has one once a month, swell as the zoo, the science and nature museum, the botanic gardens, and a few other places they usually have one once a month or a few times a month in the slower seasons for like the zoo and botanic gardens. If you do plan on coming to denver PM me and I can send you a list of free things to do and fun things to do that are cheap that you should check out while you are here.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2015, 02:01:16 AM »
My wife wants to try it for the first time (lol better late than never right?) But wants to try one of those sweet teas infused with thc, one of the lower lvl thc ones that is.

Try weed for the first time?

I wouldn't recommend oral cannabis for a first time user. It can be a heavy experience for someone not used to it, just my $.02..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

monkawat

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2015, 03:43:34 AM »

Try weed for the first time?

I wouldn't recommend oral cannabis for a first time user. It can be a heavy experience for someone not used to it, just my $.02..

Oh I know cannabis ingested that way isn't a good idea for a first timer because of the relative intensity of edibles, drinks ,etc. She just wants to try it at some point. I think the allure of not having to take in smoke just appeals to her and women like her who are offput by smoke itself.

I was wondering if vaping would be a more easy way for her to try weed since she doesn't like smoking? I do remember seeing a documentary about weed in CO where a certain company had begun making "beginner's level" infused drinks, snacks, etc. I think seeing that was what interested her in the idea in the first place.

They (IIRC) had relatively low THC content compared to most drinks and edibles on the market there which are apparently strong as fuck much of the time.

Either way, I know ingesting it orally can be pretty intense for the uninitiated. Hell, I remember visiting a friend in California in high school and they had acquired some edibles (these snickerdoodle weed cookies- fucking awesome) from a medical dispensary and they had way more potency than we had ever experienced with TX homemade edibles (still made with bud butter and chronic but not at this professional level this shit was at) and it was the only time I got borderline psychedelic effects from weed.   
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 03:49:45 AM by monkawat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2015, 04:17:18 AM »
Thinking more about it, most of the packaged edibles here (CA) are actually pretty weak, I haven't been that impressed by much of it. The lower dose stuff might not actually be too bad for someone who's never partook, but I'd tell her to be really careful, cos I know you know a hefty oral dose of THC can throw you for a loop even if tolerant.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2015, 07:36:23 AM »
Didn't some reporter
Eat an edible in co
And lose her friggin mind

Would go with a low thc Indica
And vape faster onset and you can stop
Can't do that with an edible
Why someone would eat something not
edible is beyond me

Big props to Monk.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #29 from previous page: September 25, 2015, 07:44:11 AM »
Vaping is much different than combusting something, much cleaner..

Maybe try vaping a little and if she likes that then lower potency edibles. Oral lasts a long time, might not be much fun if she doesn't know what to expect. Some people panic..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: