dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Your last bout w/ cotton feeves  (Read 6141 times)

Offline Snoop (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Your last bout w/ cotton feeves
« on: June 29, 2016, 04:59:06 PM »
Simply stated.... that ugly little bitch that rears her ugly head from time to time.

Cotton Fever.

Its interesting that it's even come to this.

Throughout a lengthy IV using "career" (?)

SCRUPULOUS ass practice and hygiene, I never had issue with it. Like, ever.

Now.... Snoops has mucho responsibilities. But, still. Snoop has to get outta his pen once in awhile and stretch his legs.

Last nite.....copped.

Ducked out at the appropriate hour to do my deed.

Felt amazing..... then.

FUCK!

My back.... in a vice. No amount of stretchy maneuvers seem to do FUCK all.

No...... not me. Not this. No fucking way.... all the way down to the alcohol cotton swab.

How could this be?

I passed it off as my imagination and let the Seroquel Xanax Cocktail do it's thing....

Zero hour.... waking in a cold damp sweat. Nauseous as a MFer. Barely. Make. It.

Cant keep one single oz of fluid down.... despite my bodies clear cries for hydration.

Back to sleep. Exhausted.

4th hour...  God. Take me now.... is it possible to FEEL this cocksucking HORRID!?!?

Of course it is..... it can always get worse.

6th hour.

And then it does...

Violent shakes... uncontrollable shakes and malaise.

It's been 18 hours and I'm just starting to think I'll live.

Oh man... such a bad bad bad nite.

It's been awhile.....  so how the rest of my old friends doin?

So hard to make the time..... miss y'all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
Re: Your last bout w/ cotton feeves
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 10:55:21 PM »
Fuck brother that is no Bueno with the cotton fever. I suppose it's one of those things that happens to strengthen your resolve. I'd suggest if you have anymore of that I'd go ahead and plug it. Much love og.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline Dopeless Hopefiend

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Dopeless Hopefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 30, 2017, 01:20:01 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 03:17:45 AM »
God damn @Snoop, that sucks! I can remember getting cotton fever a few times in my using career, but I don't think it ever lasted 18 hours. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Hope you're feeling better by now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Offline traplord69

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • traplord69 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2020, 10:04:58 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 07:49:27 PM »
Yea that sounds terrible dude.  I've never gotten cotton fever from a cotton but got the cotton fever symptoms one time from the dope itself.  Shit looked really good, perfect color, all one big rock, but every time I did a shot after a few minutes I'd start shaking/shivering ucontrollably and have terrible sweats and a fever.  Must have gotten contaminated somehow.  Not sure if that's what happened with you but maybe, although my symptoms would go away in like 30 minutes to an hour.  Your situation sounds pretty terrifying, if my symptoms lasted that long I def would have thought I was dying.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 02:20:50 AM »
if that was indeed cotton fever, its one of the most bizarre cases of it ive ever heard

back pain? nausea? never had those with CF

and sweet jesus it lasted 18 hours?

you didnt have cotton fever you had fucking cotton pox
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 05:41:52 AM »
I've had cotton fever last for more than 6 hours with negative effects lasting up to 2 days afterwards.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline Snoop (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 07:55:29 AM »
This was definately CF, and it is definitely JUST getting better....

I had a residual headache/migraine for the past 2 days.

And I feel like the Rose Day Parade just wrapped things up on my spine.

Makes me wanna roll my joint so tight I can't even smoke it... this is what I get instead of sweet sweet escape.???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline LadyKalma

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • LadyKalma is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 09, 2019, 05:12:23 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 11:03:05 AM »
Hurts just to hear about, I'm sorry you're going through it. Do you think it was the stuff itself contaiminated if you can't identify where in your practices there could be room for contaminants to make their way in?

Since you asked about our experiences with it, here goes. It's happened only once to me, and I think I identified why, even though I had thought my practices were as close to sterilie as I could get, they had room for improvement apparently. It set in with naseua. I was in the car only 5 min or so from home but I couldn't make it back without puking. Had pulled over and puked in a parking lot violently, and I could tell it wasnt pukng from being high like sometimes happens caue it was so violent of heaving and the heaves kept going after I was empty. I puked again all over myself in the car just because I had no warning before it happened to even get my head out the window.
When I got home I got under blankets, was so cold feeling but my temp was actually 102. Was sitting up in a ball, since my head was pounding so hard I couldn't lay it down.  I was wrapped in a towel and sitting on a towel protecting my bed from the sweat that was pouring off, and I had to change the towel 2hrs in cause it was soaked through so much sweat was coming off. I couldn't hold anything down, even water still. The worst part was with each breath out it felt like i was going to throw up again, and my heart was pounding hard too which hurt my head.
I had a bucket next to me cause I got tired of sitting with my head hanging over the toilet on the bathroom floor, thats where I had started off cause the tile floor ws cooling to me. The bucket kind of smelt like cleaner cause it was the bucket I use for mopping the floor, and the smell was making me gag too which was a problem, but it was a good thing I had it cause every sip of liquid came back up, either directly or it was after I had amassed a cup or so of liquid in me and thought it would stay, and then it would happen.
The shivering was so bad I was literally chattering my teeth together, knocking knees, shaking. I haven't even had a regular fever get that bad before. Constant sweat pouring, shivering, freezing cold, head and heart pounding, naseua, the whole nine yards.
Nothing was helping, I took ibuprofin, a sumatriptan that I'm prescribed for migranes, etc. my husband prepared a joint for me and got me to smoke it cause he said it was the only thing that helped him when he had the flu and couldnt hold down anything, and then magically the fever broke.
Literally right after I finished the joint it was over. Exactly 6 hrs after it started.

The culprit I think was the cotton I used was from the night before. I used to always do that, leave the cotton from the night before to use in the morning or the one from the morning at night, but never again. I had just moved to a place with no a/c, and it was probably 100 out, and I figure there was some bacteria or fungus that was able to live on it and multiply fast in the heat that didn't happen in lower temps. So I guess my practices weren't clean enough even though I was using clean rigs, new every time, and rubbing alcohol swabs for the skin beforehand.

Good luck snoop, I hope you're not all sore today from the shivering.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dillydudeEL14

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • dillydudeEL14 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 28, 2022, 10:18:52 AM
  • HR Networking
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 08:05:56 AM »
I had it maybe a month ago.  Not serious had a fever of 100.1 not too terrible.  I try to be as hygienic as possible, but it happens. I seem to get it most often from doing washes from the white opana 10 ir's.  About a year ago I got the worst one I've ever had.  Didn't take my temp, but I almost went to the hospital because I thought I had meningitis.  I still think I may have had it, but just the viral one not the deadly bacterial one.  The weirdest one I ever had was 2 years ago from dilaudid.  I was at my grandma's and was using very good hygiene and safety practices, but ended up with a fever of 102 that lasted for a day and a half.  Really though not using new rigs seems to be the number one cause for me.  I'm glad I have tons of them right now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal