dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Vivitrol  (Read 8984 times)

Offline LadyH (OP)

• Reputation Power: 2
  • LadyH is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2018, 06:23:10 AM
  • Our Own Community Board
Vivitrol
« on: April 21, 2016, 08:44:11 PM »
Hey guys. Sorry it's been so long. I went to treatment again. I just got my 2nd vivitrol injection today. I will say that it has helped quite a bit. Without it I'm sure I would be dope sick and right back in the same spot as before. I did try to get past the blocker several times. Which I know was a bad idea and a waste of money. I was telling myself I could feel something but really I didn't until like the 3rd or 4th week. Even then it was weak sauce man. I shot up right before I got my vivitrol today. I hadn't done any dope for like 5 days and then I did it yesterday and today before the vivitrol. I thought I was gonna maybe regret doing h and then getting my vivitrol 3 hours later but it was fine because I don't think the h was really that connected to my receptors to begin with. I told my doc that I've been doing molly and drinking which she wasn't too happy about. I had to do a ua at her office though so I had peed in a bottle before I got high yesterday. I didn't know if the sass I had done on Saturday would still be in my pee so I just told her. She said she didn't want me getting cross addicted by doing a bunch of other drugs. So I'm gonna get a therapist. But I love my molly dammit and I go to lots of shows and festis and I don't do it that often. Oh well I suppose I'm rambling but it's been a while since I've posted anything. Anyone else here on vivitrol? Let's talk about it!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
Re: Vivitrol
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 07:25:52 AM »
U shoot up heroin, regularly, with a vivitrol shot?

What the fuckkkkkk???

Why would you risk jail, dirty drops, and waste money, when it does t really do dick????

Maybe vivitrol is not the answer for you.... Ever think about a maintenance med? Maybe it's curb ur desire for dope, because it doesn't look like that's going away. Not to be a dick, but if ur regularly shooting dope while on vivitrol, wtf is ur plan? Stay on it forever? Are u by chance missing something that the vivitrol isn't giving you? Thus the need to still shoot dope???

Sounds like some ass backwards thinking and acting to me. What's wrong with maintenance? Or are u one of those that wants to "be free of drugs"??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 02:43:59 PM »
Get a piggy bank.
Use it
Profit!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 07:48:57 PM »
Also, sass ≠ Molly, but I think u know that. All these peeps with sassafras roots are nuts. Make sum of that gotta keep in freezer shit, nah mean? Every time I hear someone mention sass the chemist inside me goes nuts.

like a month ago I got into is discussion with this (stupid) chick about making ghb, she starts telling me how easy it is, that all u have to do is "get a root from the tree they make root beer out of and boil it in some chemical"

Holy fuck. I was like, ummm, no wrong drug, and that's not even the way to make mdma. She tried to argue with me "because her dude said that's all u have to do"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 07:55:30 PM by dizzle »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 08:11:32 PM »
Have you heard about the gun bluing in an ice chest buried making meth lol?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dog Food

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Dog Food is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 30, 2021, 02:49:57 AM
  • Our Community
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 09:18:10 PM »
I personally would never let them put that shit in me,  but i knew two friends who had to get it years ago, well after shooting dope for a few days to a week, i was told that they actually felt sick and only felt baseline from the dope they had to do now.  Never personally happened to me, just what a pretty good friend told me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DiCaprio

• Reputation Power: 3
  • DiCaprio is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 17, 2016, 08:49:43 PM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 02:07:29 PM »
@dizzle I dont think shes shooting dope regularly. I guess its at least helping her not shoot up as much. And a lot of people on maitenace do the same shit. They sell their shit or do dope still.Plus I heard its nightmarish for some people to get off maintenance if you dont do it in a surgical way. I myself was on vivitrol and tried to break through that shit with sub. I then realise that you have to be extremely committed to getting off if you plan on being on it while being truly opiate free. After like 3 months I stopped. But I believe with the right mentality it can be a great option for some. But I am with dizzle in terms of if your not gonna stop shooting up whats the point. I wish you the best though.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 05:18:55 PM »
I'm not saying don't be on maintenance and shoot up, I get that the desire is still going to be there, but, when we talk of maintenance I think we should make distinctions between a blocker, like vivitrol, a partial block, like subs, and an agonist like methadone.

I think if someone if on a full blocker, and still shooting dope, I'd venture to guess that there's something that they need that the blocker, nor their own brain/life itself,  isn't giving them, like that agonist effect. I, for one, was in hell on even a partial blocker, subs, I hated my life and was always searching for more, I didn't like the way I felt, I always felt off. Same thing for dizzle without any meds, or heroin, I was just an unhappy person, felt no excitement, no ups, no major downs, just BLAH, all the time.....

Now, for me, a full agonist med like methadone works well for me, it fills that gap that bupe doesn't, and also is totally legal and everyone in my family is totally cool with it. So, basically, it's a godsend. Don't get me wrong, it's not for everyone, but for me, it's great. And for a long time I was still shooting up while on it, I was double dipping as they say, but I eventually shot up less and less, and fially decided, with the help of the county next to mine's major gangs/drug task force prosecutor that I'd not be shooting heroin anymore. They tried to talk me into getting off methadone, but there was no chance of that. They'd have to put me in a cage before I'd do that.

But, I guess my point is, if you're on a med where yo ucan still feel the dope, sure, I get it, shoot up, but when on a block med like vivitrol, why would you bother? it's a waste and a risk, for nothing. My point about staying on it forever maybe was mis-stated, as I plan to stay on m-done forever, but what I mean is, if you're shooing up when on vivitrol, which literally blcoks the effects, and you're still willing to risk everything that goes with shooting up, for ZERO effects, what happens what you're actually going to feel that sweet rush from it? I mean, wouldn't it be game over?

I don't know, maybe i am not seeing it clearly since I've never been on naltrexone, and never ever ever ever ever ever will be. They'd have to kill me first, literally FUCKING knock me unconcious to put that in me, and even then I'd wake up and self-surgery that shit out.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 05:46:28 PM »
Go easy on her man... not everything is completely logical in this game.

Personally, I think if she's making progress, as in shooting dope less (if that's what she wants), then it's worth it. Although I hear that shit is expensive?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 07:34:59 AM »
If I was on vivitrol I might take a chance just before the next injection too.  Addiction isn't always logical, and addicts don't often act in ways that makes sense when it comes to our drugs.  I'm curious if it was satisfying, or just not quite what you were looking for.

It's a bit nutso that doctors often take the all or nothing approach to drugs.  Something like molly isn't really a big problem in my eyes, especially if it isn't every weekend you're doing it.  Sometimes people like us feel better doing something, and if a bit of molly and vivitrol jeeps you clean and functioning then have at it in my opinion.

Are these the injections or the implants you take?  I'm not sure that I would do it myself honestly.  Just like dizzle I worry about the antagonist aspect, and the effects on your endogenous opioid systems.  I know that for me I'm happiest on full agonists too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions