dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Are You Vegan, Vegatarian, Normal? Why do you choose that  (Read 18802 times)

Offline Reezy

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Reezy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 20, 2018, 02:50:54 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Are You Vegan, Vegatarian, Normal? Why do you choose that
« Reply #29 from previous page: March 27, 2016, 06:37:42 PM »
@Pullmyhair. a bullet to the head is pretty humane I would say. Now, I've seen videos, where they do do way worse methods so I'm not saying every animal is shot in the head with no suffering. Its more suffering for humans to be shot in the head because they know whats coming..

Anyways, My dad is an avid hunter, I hunt also with him at times, but not as "into" it as him. All the animals he shoots we eat. Or catch, in the case of fish. Deer meat is actually really healthy because it is very lean/low fat naturally, you have to actually add fat to it, in order to make it more "flavorful". Still tastes good, but its like this, If you used to eating chuck meat with 20-25% fat and you go to a meat with 1-2% fat, you will prefer the fattier one... Unless you are TRYING to eat healthy.... I like tasty foods, but just don't eat a big portion. Really, latley ive been trying to eat only when hungry, and only enough to partly satisfy me for the time being. Look at it more as a fuel.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Pullmyhair.

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Pullmyhair. is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:04:17 PM
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2016, 02:06:52 AM »
@Pullmyhair. a bullet to the head is pretty humane I would say. Now, I've seen videos, where they do do way worse methods so I'm not saying every animal is shot in the head with no suffering. Its more suffering for humans to be shot in the head because they know whats coming..

Anyways, My dad is an avid hunter, I hunt also with him at times, but not as "into" it as him. All the animals he shoots we eat. Or catch, in the case of fish. Deer meat is actually really healthy because it is very lean/low fat naturally, you have to actually add fat to it, in order to make it more "flavorful". Still tastes good, but its like this, If you used to eating chuck meat with 20-25% fat and you go to a meat with 1-2% fat, you will prefer the fattier one... Unless you are TRYING to eat healthy.... I like tasty foods, but just don't eat a big portion. Really, latley ive been trying to eat only when hungry, and only enough to partly satisfy me for the time being. Look at it more as a fuel.

I grew up eating venison, like a lot of it, I can't stand it these days. I do eat meat, though probably only a couple times a week (and I never cook or buy meat, I only eat it when I'm a guest at someone else's dinner table, not that that matters, I'm still eating it). I still disagree that there's a humane way to slaughter animals. Sure, some methods are maybe more humane than others, or faster, but no matter the method, you're still violently ending the life of another living being. I think eating meat and meat products is less and less necessary these days, though some people are very stubborn about insisting on eating it. I don't think eating it because it tastes good passes the test as far as being an ethical reason to eat meat, it doesn't justify it, it's an incredibly selfish and self-absorbed way to view the world. If you honestly depend on meat to survive because you have no other options, fair enough, but 90% of the western world wouldn't fall into that category.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I want to live and I want to love. I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of.
-The Smiths

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2016, 07:34:04 AM »
Sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast! Good.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Zoops

• Deceased
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2016, 09:23:35 AM »
I need to admit to everyone here that I've been on a sweetened condensed milk kick lately. That stuff is sooooo fucking good! You can spoon it right out of the can. It's delicious. Put some on toast = heaven! And in coffee, with a little bit of regular milk added, it can't be beat.

(only downside is that it looks a lot like jizz though LOL I can't stop thinking that while I'm eating it)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2016, 11:53:27 PM »
I've been looking for that marshmallow toast spread everywhere. I want to try it so bad... no store here carries it... it must be an up north thing or something. I might have to order it online. I got this marshmallow like sauce stuff...like chocolate sauce but marshmallows... was not the same! At least I hope...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Reezy

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2016, 12:21:21 AM »
I just got called a junkie deleted and blocked by this psycopathic vegan chick. We used to be cool, I guess before the mental illness creeped I. In the years I haven't talked to her. Keep in mind, she is in college to be an engineer this is not a dumb girl.

Well she posts something comparing like 100 calories of brocolli to 100 calories of steak... Saying the same amount of calories has more protein in the vegan food. Well I've seen this arguement before and was prepared. So I just made it known, I agree it's true, but it's still nonsense. In order for the comparison to work you would have to eat like 8 fucking cups of brocolli. Posting an article that breaks it down to cold hard facts. I get a reply "it's only one source, probably bias" I then go on to explain density volume weight, ect.(because the other part was comparing 100grams of steak to 100grams of beans) she flips the fuck out, says this conversation is damaging her character, damaging her fucking character, calls me a "thrower" and a low life junkie fuckup. I Figured out what she meant by thrower when she said I post and throw off the topic. Which obviously doesn't happen because I always stay on topic. She then blocks or deletes me on snapchat and Facebook lmfao. I found it funny how she had to resort to calling me a junkie, I'm used to it, but it pissed me off, because I didn't even really get to defend my self and make her feel lower than dirt for saying that. I'm generally nice, but you really go below the belt, the gloves come off

Jesus Christ, when these kids get out of college and the cold hard real world hits them, I'm getting rich, because I'm going to start investing in anti-psychotic medication stocks... Cuz they gonna need em. I'm worried about my generation, and not to make it really political, but why are all these fucking looney tunes leftists? And such hypocrites. This girl was so sweet when I knew her years ago, but just talking to her tonight, she truly is a scwrewed vile ignorant c@@@ deep down inside under the "peace love" bullshit she acts like on the outside.

Sorry woman of the board, I do respect y'all, I censored the word, but in this case she deserves the slur. If it's offensive I will change it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2016, 12:46:46 AM »
Why is cunt seen as sooooo offensive? I never got that.... I don't really even know which part of the vagina it is. Vaginas are complicated...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Deceased
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2016, 11:45:58 AM »
Totally hear you on the worried about kids today when they grow up thing, Reezy. I see lots of kids around these days, and many of them are frankly obese, at less than 10 years old. And they are complete crybabies too. I thought I was bad when I was a kid, they make me look like the kid of the year!

That chick sounds pretty unhinged. I like that expression, "unhinged."

But yeah, 100 calories of broccoli has much less protein in it than 100 calories of steak. That's just a fact. To get the same amound of protein that's contained in 100 calories worth of broccoli, you'd need to eat probably 1000 calories worth.  I don't know what that would be in actual mass, as in grams of broccoli, but it would be a lot. Broccoli is NOT a high-protein food.

Well, off to work for me now.

See y'all around 5pm.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline Reezy

• SA_Chat+
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline hanna

• Reputation Power: 4
  • hanna is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 01, 2021, 12:48:57 PM
  • Still trying the educate the illiterate among us
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2016, 11:38:08 PM »
If the Flying Spaghetti Monster didn't want us to eat animals it wouldn't have made them so tasty, that and it would have given us more than a single stomach like other ruminants.

There was a time the only meat in our family was that which we brought down, gutted and prepared ourselves, either hunting or what we raised when we lived rural.

I have a problem with people who kill animals and discard the edible parts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Good lord, I can't wait to retire.

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal