dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Traveling to Amsterdam with Methadone  (Read 6701 times)

Offline Pullmyhair. (OP)

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Pullmyhair. is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:04:17 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Traveling to Amsterdam with Methadone
« on: May 18, 2017, 09:13:23 AM »
Hey all, haven't been around the forum for a while, I've been busy with all kinds of shit, it's kind of weird checking back in. Anyway, I'm going to Amsterdam in a couple weeks, and I'm curious if anyone knows what kind of documentation I need to bring with me to get into the country with my Methadone. My clinic is cool with writing a letter and I found another form online from CAK for my doctor to fill out. I've called the embassy, and searched online everywhere, but I haven't found a definitive answer in terms of what kind of paperwork I will need. I'm traveling from the US. Does anyone have any specific experience in traveling to the Netherlands with Methadone? I went to Amsterdam like ten years ago, but I just did heroin while there, I'd rather not have to do that this time. I was also drunk when I through customs, so I don't really remember how stringent it was. I'm hoping it won't really be an issue. Unless I here otherwise, I'm just going to pack my takehomes in my carry-on and bring the letter and form from CAK signed by my dr. I don't think you're required to declare medication for personal use, so I'm just going to play it cool and hope I don't get stopped. If I do, I'll be honest, and hope the paperwork I have will suffice, but if anyone has any info or links to specific info, it would be much appreciated (every website I've seen is pretty vague, or vague and in Dutch, or are only about coming from Schengen countries). The embassy said to just bring a letter, but the guy didn't sound too sure of what he was saying. Anyway, thanks in advance for any info any of you may have.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I want to live and I want to love. I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of.
-The Smiths

Offline Saint

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Saint is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 02, 2019, 05:35:31 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
Re: Traveling to Amsterdam with Methadone
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 04:39:44 PM »
I've lived in Amsterdam all my life and I am only worried about carrying methadone when I fly OUT OF IT..  ;)

I can't imagine it will pose any problems since you have a letter/statement from your clinic. That should be enough. I don't even bother with doctor statements anymore inside Europe. Many people get it prescribed by their doctor or one of the many clinics around here. I wouldn't worry about it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Saint

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Saint is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 02, 2019, 05:35:31 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 04:54:19 PM »
Officially these are the rules:

http://www.indro-online.de/netherla.htm

Page was last updated in 2010 (differs per country). So if you really want to be sure you'll have to contact the embassy but since you already did that.. And I've never heard of anyone actually going through these official procedures for Amsterdam (of all places).

I did go through the whole shabam when travelling to Indonesia, Marocco, Nicaragua etc. but that's a whole different kettle of fish... They definitely won't lock you up for bringing your take homes and customs merely look for weapons and serious amounts of drugs etc. Most likely you can just walk through customs with 'nothing to declare' since you've already been checked in the US.

Here you can look into every country worldwide on this side so this might be usefull for others too:

http://www.indro-online.de/travel.htm
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 10:34:03 PM »
According to the document posted it looks like a euro zone arrangement.  When I travelled with methadone my doctor prescribed pills for the trip and avoided mentioning maintenance on the documents. 

The advice that I was given was to not declare it, but be ready to explain it If they search and find it.  If you declare it then you are at risk of having it confiscated, having your stay refused, or at best having a long wait while they decide what to do with it.

If you are really worried maybe you could contact a clinic there about guest dosing.  Hell, might as well try one of the prescription heroin places even :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Pullmyhair. (OP)

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Pullmyhair. is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:04:17 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 11:56:17 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was planning to do. I'll have a doctor's note in case I get stopped. I won't have anything else to declare, and from what I've seen, if you don't have any declarations, you just walk through (they randomly check like one out of a hundred people that go through). Thanks for your advice, though!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I want to live and I want to love. I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of.
-The Smiths

Offline nikita70

• The Second Of My Name, A Woman Who Runs With Words, Queen Of The Excess, MissThInkLink
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • nikita70 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 11, 2024, 02:23:19 AM
  • They don't have bread-WTF?Let'em eat Opium instead
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 03:51:44 PM »
@Saint ,

hello, nice to hear from you again. It's been awhile, eh :)?

Thanks for the link you have attached, that I think is really I mean REALLY useful.
I do really like the way info is framed-friendly for patients/travellers (I checked Mexico-"we do highly recommend to avoid the term/diagnosis drug addiction in documents".)
What just drives me mad alternately with making me sad are fucked up regulations in my country. Methadone treatment-non available, long waiting lists of local applicants. General practicioners-not allowed to provide substitution treatment with methadone/buprenorphine.
Like somewhere half-way in between, idk, Ukraine and Hungary.

I don't ever bother myself to carry any certificate so far I'm travelling within Europe/EU and never ever been harassed for it. Not even checked.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 03:56:23 PM by nikita70 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A Toda Madre O Un Desmadre

BloodInBloodOutBloodIn

Junkies are like noodles-straight 'til gettin' wet

"Maybe we should follow in the steps of Artonin Artaud and throw our remaining dope in the river,
get flung into gut-wrenching purging withdrawal,drink ayahuasca and eat peyote..." (Roman Totale)

Tags: