dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: BIG PHARMA 2016 Campaign Contributions  (Read 8029 times)

Offline Wildcat (OP)

• One love, One life-you'll lose it if you don't care for it
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Wildcat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2018, 11:52:15 AM
  • constant companion pain
BIG PHARMA 2016 Campaign Contributions
« on: May 22, 2016, 01:48:48 AM »
Big Pharma's big donations to 2016 presidential candidates

By Nadia Kounang, CNN

Story highlights
Pharmaceutical companies have donated nearly $1 million in the 2016 presidential election cycle
More than a third of all donations went to Hilary Clinton
Health care industry overall has donated over $9.5 million

(CNN) — When former Turing Pharmaceutical CEO Martin Shkreli announced that he was increasing the price of an HIV drug called Daraprim by nearly 5,000%, he turned the cost of prescription drugs into a political issue.

Shortly after Daraprim's price increase was made public, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton unveiled a prescription drug plan to drive prices down. Her Democratic challenger, Sen. Bernie Sanders, sent a letter to Shkreli demanding an explanation for the price increase and when Shkreli donated to his campaign, Sanders took that donation and gave it to a health clinic. Republican candidate Donald Trump called Shkreli a "spoiled brat" and said "he ought to be ashamed of himself."

But despite all the drama and talk of standing up to the pharmaceutical industry, these companies continue to be big spenders, donating $951,018 to presidential candidates in the 2016 presidential election, according to the Center for Responsive Politics and the Federal Election Commission.

Their biggest recipient? Clinton. She collected $336,416 in donations, over a third of the total contributions during the 2016 presidential campaign. The next biggest recipient was Republican candidate Jeb Bush, who collected less than half the amount of Clinton. Trump received the least in donations: $1,010, enough to buy one Daraprim pill.

Sanders' and Clinton's drug plans would give the government a bigger role in negotiating drug prices. Clinton wants the government-run Medicare to have a say in negotiating the price of drugs. Currently Medicare -- one of the largest buyers of prescription drugs in America -- has no seat at the negotiating table. Sanders also wants Medicare to leverage its bargaining power when it comes to prescription drugs, as well as import prescription drugs from Canada.

The contributions to Clinton and Bush came last year, when no one knew who the front-runner would be by now. "Established industries and lobbies give primarily to establishment candidates that they perceive will be leaders and eventual nominees," said Scott Swenson, vice president for communications for Common Cause, a nonprofit political watchdog group. As Swenson explained it, early money is like a "bet" on likely winners.

The pharmaceutical industry is the 15th most generous industry in terms of donations so far in the 2016 presidential election. The health industry overall -- combining health professionals, hospitals, HMOs and pharmaceutical companies -- donated over $9.5 million to the 2016 presidential candidates, making it the third largest donating industry. Clinton continues to be the biggest beneficiary from this group, receiving more than $3.5 million in donations. The next candidate in line is Ted Cruz, who received just over $1.1 million in health care industry donations.

These donations don't include how much corporations also spend on lobbying Congress. For example, Pfizer, one of the most influential and largest pharmaceutical companies, spent more than $10 million in lobbying efforts last year. Lobbying money has traditionally followed large health care initiatives. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, the health care industry hit record lobbying limits in 2009, spending nearly $273 million around the time the Affordable Care Act was being debated in Congress.

Follow CNN Health on Facebook and Twitter.

Hillary Clinton......Shady n Scheming LIAR. SO many lies-how is it she is even running for president, I don't get at all.
Do you recall the slime that was Whitewater, in which the Clintons dissembled and lied while their former business partners went to jail?” – You can find a detailed summary of the Whitewater Scandal, from 1978 to 1995, by going to te web site" Live Trading News reports"- serious crimes were uncovered, The 1st independent prosecutor in the Whitewater investigation said that he had  uncovered “serious crimes” and was ready to indict top Arkansas figures based on testimony from a Key witness against former US President Bill Clinton before he was abruptly replaced by a panel of federal judges.  Remember Vince Foster?  He was the Whitehouse Deputy Council and the keeper of the files of the Clinton's Arkansas dealings and had indicated in a hand written memo that "Whitewater was a can of worms that you should NOT open!. A little FYI- Vince and Hillary were fucking(gacK!!)since the days of their partnership at The Rose Law firm in Little Rock right up til the Whitehouse.

He confided in friend's that he was going to resign. Instead SOMEONE decided he had to be silenced.  Foster spent the morning of July 20,,1993 in his office and also attended a White House
announcement early that day-
This is a key point. The White House is the most secure private residence in the world, equipped with a sophisticated entry control system and video surveillance system installed by the Mitre Corporation. Yet no record exists that Vincent Foster left the White House under his own power on July 20th, 1993. No video of him exiting the building exists. No logbook entry shows he checked out of the White House.  His body was found in Fort Marcy Park, where he was MURDERED, er, um I mean committed suicide.....his office was looted-documents magically disappeared, even his pager was erased.  But my point is Hillary(and Bill) but mainly Hillary pulled the strings-she has caused so much damage.

#LOCKHERUP

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 02:09:40 AM by Wildcat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They put their hand out to you when you need it, and you have to remember to put your hand out when they need it too, that's what friends do"  - Mick Dodge

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
Re: BIG PHARMA 2016 Campaign Contributions
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 11:32:07 AM »
Locked up is right. Bill Clinton I thought was the greatest president, of my life time.  It turns it they are just racist republicans in Democratic clothing. She should be in jail. We have a new plantation system in this country, its called for profit prison.

Your husband signs a crime bill. Then you take money to help this process. Ever Heard of Rick Rector. He was some one Clinton signed the death warrant on after they gave him a lobotamy. He was govener then.

I am only gonna vote Bernie was gonna vote Hillary if she got the nomination, but the stuff I found out the last few days has led me to belive if I vote for her I am voting for everything I stand against.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 11:41:22 AM »
Hilary or Trump... such a shitty situation... this election could really be the beginning of the end. Imagine China taking the GDP top spot... could happen in our lifetime.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 11:42:16 AM »
Rector shot himself in the head in a suicide attempt which (granted) acted as a de facto lobotomy.

Rector's execution is one the saddest I've come across-he hid the pie that was the desert of his last meal under his bed. The guards asked him why he was hiding his pie? Rector told them he was saving it for later.......obviously there wasn't a later for Ricky Ray.

Clinton knew damn well that he was responsible for the execution of a child in a man's body,but hey! won him the election.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 11:53:37 AM »
Yeah I hope if bernie loses he runs independent if not I am going with jill stein, I'd rather stick my dick in a meat grinder than vote hillary or trump there really isn't a lesser of two evils in that case. It seems like as good of time as any to travel I just hope if one of those meatheads win that they don't bomb a country I am visiting. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about either of them being president or anyone voting for either of them or liking the fact that either one is a choice.

America definitely isn't the brain trust, I am pretty sure this is one of the reasons they have been ruining our education system for so long. We are so stupid that now they can get whoever they want elected or bomb any country, all they need to do is yell jesus and have fox news run a report about all the atrocities caused by those awful muslims.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:56:00 AM by Griffin »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline thetalkingasshole

• Self-Transforming Machine Elf
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • thetalkingasshole has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 06, 2019, 06:22:48 AM
  • Always with an arm out and a leg up
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 01:39:41 PM »
Locked up is right. Bill Clinton I thought was the greatest president, of my life time.  It turns it they are just racist republicans in Democratic clothing. She should be in jail. We have a new plantation system in this country, its called for profit prison.

Your husband signs a crime bill. Then you take money to help this process. Ever Heard of Rick Rector. He was some one Clinton signed the death warrant on after they gave him a lobotamy. He was govener then.

I am only gonna vote Bernie was gonna vote Hillary if she got the nomination, but the stuff I found out the last few days has led me to belive if I vote for her I am voting for everything I stand against.

What's crazy is almost everyone I've ever brought up the private prison system to had no idea it existed
and EVERY person I have told about private probation is completely dumb-founded such a system exists

its sad to think that it will ultimately be between trump and her if she has her way
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
As I grew up, I opened my eyes and saw the real world, and I began to laugh, and I haven't stopped since

Tags: