dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: IV Dilaudid Withdrawal and Clonidine for help with withdrawal...?  (Read 6796 times)

Offline Carousel (OP)

• My Hubby, My Horse, Opiates/Opioids. My Loves <3
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Carousel is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 14, 2018, 10:42:16 PM
  • My Hubby, My Horse, Opiates/Opioids. My Loves. <3
Hi.

So I have been using anywhere from 4mgs to 16Mgs of IV Dilaudid, daily, for about a year.

Due to finances (until Friday....and unable to do any more fronts, sigh.) I have to go into withdrawals at some point today (did my last 4mg this morning at about 6am, and a wash from that at 9am) ....

I do have 40 0.1mg Clonidine.

If anyone knows, how should these be taken for withdrawal relief?
(I am going to be 30 on Feb 12th and very tiny at 4'11" and 95 pounds)
I went to a state funded detox back around Halloween (You are supposed to stay for 4 days, i made it a day and a half...all they give you is Clonidine, ibuprofen, and vistoril...and I could NOT warm up in there, the freezing cold became intolerable :(   )

What symptoms does Clonidine truly help with?

I have never been in withdrawal for more than 2 days before.

The worst WD symptoms for me are the freezing-to-the-bone-cold, cold sweats, Muscle aches, and restless legs/restless entire body/especially shoulders/upper arms)

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you. (:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Edhorfin

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Edhorfin is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 20, 2020, 11:56:34 PM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
Re: IV Dilaudid Withdrawal and Clonidine for help with withdrawal...?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 10:00:24 PM »
Clonidine helps. Not a lot, but it helps knock the top off the worst of the symptoms. Subutex is even better, especially if you really want to get clean. Less than .75 mg, down to .25 mg in 3 days. THen stop.

THe rule of thumb is the shorter the action of the opiate, the shorter the duration of withdrawal. Dilaudid is a shorter acting drug, so the worst of withdrawals never lasted me more than 3 days or so. I've withdrawn from straight dilaudid, about your dose. Intense, rattling with shivers and general pain everywhere.

Its the mental stuff thats hard. That is why bupe works for me. First dose, I went from feeling like total shit to full of energy but not opiated at all. All of my emotions worked and everything!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DreamerOnTheRun

• Reputation Power: 7
  • DreamerOnTheRun is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 15, 2018, 08:45:03 AM
  • d8, GG249, M30, d4, A215, p|d
Re: IV Dilaudid Withdrawal and Clonidine for help with withdrawal...?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 06:10:23 PM »
It helps with the rapid spikes/drops in blood pressure which causes the cold sweats and bone chills.  Like he said, of you can, even if it's just one tablet.  Micro dosing with bupe helps takenthenedge off everything, if you use whole pills multiple days in a row you'll just get dependent on those. 

Ideally, for me personally, I try to get 1-2 bupe pills (or strips) to micro-dose with by taking PIECES and only when I'm at my worst, and some oind of benzo, Xanax takes the edge off the most for me but diff ppl perfer diff benzos but they help me A LOT.  Especially with the restless legs and sleeping issues.  Good luck, and stay hydrated.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions