dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Are You Vegan, Vegatarian, Normal? Why do you choose that  (Read 18798 times)

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Are You Vegan, Vegatarian, Normal? Why do you choose that
« on: March 22, 2016, 01:44:55 PM »
Just wondering I had a wonderful guest speaker in my Sociology of Contemporary Problems and she went over the huge problems especially in America about our meat consumption, and factory Farm. It was disgusting, I have never been a big meat eater, but I do love sushi, and I hate milk, I will only put it in lucky charms, all other cereals I will eat them without milk and have never drank milk by itself because I think it is disgusting. For each 8 oz of milk the FDA allows one syringe full of puss, and feces. Not to mention all growth hormones, steroids, pesticides, hormones, and every other disgusting thing we pump into those animals most can't even walk. 80% of all antibiotics used each year are used on cows.

I was just wondering what everyones thoughts are about it and what everyone else eating habits are. I am wanting to switch to a pretty much full blow veganism but I still want to eat sushi I love almond milk and if you are a big milk drinker I strongly advise you to get some Vanilla Almond milk, and also look into the differences. Also please everyone look into how awful it is for your body to drink milk, we are the only species that drinks another species breast milk and were are the only species who drinks another species breast milk after we are babies.

it is disgusting, and just drinking milk is completely unhealthy for you it causes tons of diseases and problems. Every Medical organization has sued milk producers for lying and they are legally no longer allowed to put that it does the body good because it doesn't at all, it causes all kinds of diseases and everything about drinking milk causes unhealthy reactions within humans such as diabetes cancers, obesity, stomach and skin problems. It is horrible for you to drink and please do research about it and stop drinking it, as almond, cashew, and soy milk are 1000x better tasting and better for you they are very healthy and easy to cook with.

I am going to post more about it later after I get a look into everyones votes, and post bout how factory farms are the biggest polluters of all industries and cause more pollution than all of the oil an transportation industries combined. They also waste more water that we can't get back than any other thing in the world including all humans and industries together.

NOT DRINKING ONE GLASS OF MILK IS EQUIVALENT TO NOT TAKING 27 SHOWERS WATER LOSS WISE. IF JUST AMERICAN FAMILIES DECIDED TO SUBSTITUTE EATING ONE VEGAN MEAL A WEEK IT WOULD BE THE EQUIVALENT TO TAKING OFF 600,000,000 CARS OFF THE ROAD FOREVER 600 MILLION!!! IF JUST AMERICAN FAMILIES DECIDED TO SUBSTITUTE EATING ONE VEGAN MEAL A MONTH IT WOULD BE THE EQUIVALENT OF TAKING OF 7,000,000 CARS OFF THE ROAD FOREVER! ONE YEAR OF PURCHASES HAS 10X THE POWER OF A LIFE TIME OF VOTING!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 02:01:29 PM by Griffin »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
Re: Are You Vegan, Vegatarian, Normal? Why do you choose that
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 03:56:08 PM »
Eating one vegan meal a week for all us families would be the equivalent of taking 600 mil cars off the road? I call bullshit. For how long?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 05:03:25 PM »
So lemme get this straight.

You had a woman come speak to you about this shit and now you're all pumped full of "save the animals" spouting off NON factual stuff to make your points.

I've eaten organic, grass fed, pasture raised, hormone free meats for years now. Chicken, Beef, all of them, I only buy organic, and I always make sure it's hormone free and cage-free.

You're going to have to do better than sentences in all caps to prove to me what your saying is right, ALSO:

IF JUST AMERICAN FAMILIES DECIDED TO SUBSTITUTE EATING ONE VEGAN MEAL A WEEK IT WOULD BE THE EQUIVALENT TO TAKING OFF 600,000,000 CARS OFF THE ROAD FOREVER

So, one a week, six hundred million, right?

IF JUST AMERICAN FAMILIES DECIDED TO SUBSTITUTE EATING ONE VEGAN MEAL A MONTH IT WOULD BE THE EQUIVALENT OF TAKING OF 7,000,000 CARS OFF THE ROAD FOREVER!

So, one a month, seven million, right?

there's 4 weeks in a month, seven million times 4, twenty eight million, you're math is off, by about 95.333%  (100-((28,000,000/600,000,000)*100)=95.33%

IF YOU LISTEN TO VEGANS AND THEIR CRAZY SHIT YOU"RE MATH SKILLS WILL DROP BY EXACTLY 95.3333%!!!! <--- see I can make shit seem real too based on nothing!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:05:28 PM by dizzle »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Illadelph215

• Whiskey bent and hellbound
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 28, 2022, 06:21:24 PM
  • Our Community
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 05:35:05 PM »
Both my grandparents are milk addicts (among other things whiskey/wine) and they are 94 and 89. Just saying. Don't trust everyone you talk to and fact check if your that interested. http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/is-milk-healthy
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:36:41 PM by Illadelph215 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There is no future, there is no past. In the present, nothing lasts.

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 08:17:53 PM »
I call bravo sierra on this too, Griffin. You're not an idiot who I would say is likely to swallow any old load of horseshit type of guy. I'm surprised that you bit on this pinko commie lib crap that this lady was feeding you.

Sad to see that the American educational establishment is still enamored with any form of leftism it can find, and requires students to bathe in it. I think it's irresponsible for the teacher of that class to give a forum for such radical views without some counterpoint.

It IS true that larg-scale industrial animal foods production is cruel to animals, but it is also true that eating meat has always been part of the human experience. As proto-humans, we ate meat, and we still have a taste for it. Meat and animal food products, like milk, can and are produced in humane ways. That meat-eating is cruel is neither here nor there, really.

You say that every American should be required to have one vegan meal a week. How about if you want to eat meat, you have to watch the animal being slaughtered? Or better yet, you have to participate in the slaughter? At least once? That would make a lot more vegetarians, and would be a hell of a lot more useful than some out-of-nowhere rule that everyone should eat one vegan meal a week. 

The views you express about milk are laughable. A syringefull (you don't say how big the syringe is, and I've seen barrels of 100ml size before) of pus AND feces in every glass of milk (8oz.)? Does that mean a syringe full each of pus and feces or mixed? If mixed, in what proportion then? If this is true then why is my milk still white as snow? If it had like even 1ml  of FECES in it, I'm sure it wouldn't be stark white.

And a glass of milk = 27 showers? WTF? Where are you getting these numbers? What amount of water constitutes one "shower" worth anyway. I didn't know that was a standard unit of measurement.

I posted some other stuff in defense of milk-drinking in my thread titled "Do You Want To Be Alive?" I won't reproduce that in its entirety here. Suffice it to say, though, that milk-drinking is firmly entrenched in human culture, and the mutation that allows humans to consume milk into adulthood- continuing to express teh enzyme lactase past infancy, was evolutionarily advantageous in many ways. There was a reason for it to be passed on to future generations.

You can't post stuff like this and not expect the bullshit detectors of this very sceptical, intelligent and discerning bunch to not go off full blast.

I still love you though, Griffin.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 10:31:56 PM »
I was a vegan for a few years in the early 90's & vegi for a year before that.  Cruelty & factory farming were my motivation.  A few things happened together that made my switch back - my little sister (also vegan) got pretty ill, basically "chronic fatigue/candida(sp?)"  She went through tons of docs until a holistic guy put her on diet (among other treatments) that included dairy & meat, she got better & never looked back.  That got me thinking.  Then I caught my long-time girlfriend cheating on me, it hit me pretty hard & I basically said "fuck all" to trying to be a moral person on any level.  I was angry as shit at the world & felt like eating dead critters if I wasn't allowed to kill and eat humans.  Also, my Italian grandmother died unexpectedly.  My veganism always caused her grief (Italian grandmother love = feed you traditional dago fare, as much as you can take).  It  did cause her actual concern, I was skinny.  Bless her heart, she always made a separate batch of meatless sauce & something vegan for me & sis.  Anyhow, when she went she had a freezer full of home made raviolli & such.  No fucking way was I going to let the last of what she made pass by my plate.  The next meat I ate was an In-N-Out Burger.  I puked it up in the parking lot but still felt good, like I'd somehow made a real mental break from the girl (who also was vegan).  A pint of Ben & Jerry's & my fate was sealed. 

This is like 20 years later - The (last) rehab I went to is a working farm & I got put on the beef cattle crew.  It was really fun & challenging to get them to trust me, they're skittish as hell.  I'd go as close as they'd let me then I'd sit down & wait for their curiosity to overcome them.  A few (always the same ones - numbered ear tags) would come around first, then the others would slowly follow until I was encircled.  Then the game, for me, was trying not to get covered in cow spit/snot without making any quick moves & scaring them off.  Once they're close enough to all they want to do is lick and sniff.  They're not at all smart, but they are very endearing.  Favorite memory was watching a few of 'em give birth.  It's a pretty quick & efficient process.  Anyhow, food animals CAN be raised with love and respect, the only reason factory farms continue to be horrific is because the general population is totally removed from it.  If people knew the reality meat sales would absolutely suffer and farms that care would prosper. 

Not sure what this reply adds to the thread, I've got no agenda, just some experience I guess.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 10:36:17 PM by MoeMentim »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 10:59:47 PM »
I just wanted to say I ain't mad at ya griffin and I still love ya
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 11:06:43 PM »
I will eat fish and Bird.
Won't eat pack animals.
The meat section at the store
Makes me sick to my stomach.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline relic1981

• i and i will survive
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • relic1981 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 24, 2017, 12:32:09 PM
  • keeping users safe and informed
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 02:19:38 AM »
i am a light meat eater. i eat meat, usually chicken or beef about once a week. lots of quinoia, carrots, salads, and healthy choices. i have a 16 month old son and he is my world. i try and make the most nutrient dense food for him and myself (whatever im eating he wants it, lol)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jah bless and ire ieghts man I and I will survive
"As-Salaam-Alaikum"
Wiich Ke Yig- (Iroquois confederation god bless and
 Kanien'keha (mohawk nation , Iroquois confederation)
 peace to you all.
take back our country now. revolution and revelation eternal truth starts within one man and spreads

Offline 10kites

• Reputation Power: 12
  • 10kites is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 25, 2021, 01:28:31 AM
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 04:35:03 AM »
@Griffin, your vegan diet evidently allows Kool-Aid, huh?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Roman Totale

• Reputation Power: 22
  • Roman Totale is now quite familiar.Roman Totale is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:July 27, 2018, 01:53:33 AM
  • It's alright, the way that you live
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 04:58:44 AM »
Ugh, everyone knows us opiate addicts don't go for water, high or sober.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 11:51:46 AM »
Griffin, I see that you haven't logged in since yesterday shortly after you posted this thread. When you see all these negative responses, please don't think we're tying to put you on blast and shine on you for no reason. It's just that the claims you're making are a bit over-the-top, and we (or least myself) don't swallow any old load of malarkey. Anyone with critical thinking skills can see through these claims you're making.

You are a valuable member of this community. I still want you here, so I hope you don't get discouraged.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 12:24:43 PM »
If we aren't supposed to eat animals then why the hell are they made out of meat????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Taytoechip

• Above average blanket-fort builder
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 04, 2016, 02:16:36 PM
  • magical leopluradon
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 01:34:02 PM »
I'm just here to comment on milk,
my old ladys father is completely and udderly (Y U NO LAFF!?) addicted to drinking milk. I guess addicted isnt the best word. But yeah, milk is pretty much the only thing he drinks. like a gallon a day, not exaggerating.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No one ever plans to sleep out in the gutter
Sometimes that's just the most comfortable place

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 03:12:50 PM »
I hae not identified yself s vegetrian or bean. However, if gen a choice I decline the meat. If anyone asks I gie them the starndard answer; "Do you mind if I eat your dog"

The crulety involved in factory farming, the ineficient use of grain, the water pollution, the air pollution, the out-sized demand for trucking nd many other resons has the eonomist understnding that it is not  long-trm viable lifestyle.So, I just onou tBUY meat.

Do I think their is something truyly WRONG about eating animals, no If they were raised with indiness and killed quietly and efficiently an painlessly, I could see myself atin (red meat) again,like is (as is now heading) meat was grown in a test-tube minus a CNS and fear.

I am sure it won't be cheap, but cool.

l               
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal