dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Methadone induced asexuality  (Read 20389 times)

Offline duck (OP)

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • duck is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 12, 2016, 10:36:48 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
Methadone induced asexuality
« on: December 24, 2015, 11:22:18 AM »
I dont know if asexuality is a word. But it is me.

Life has been fuckin great as of late since getting back on methadone 7 months ago.  It kinda sucks not being able to travel for my old steel erecting company but I've been able to work on my own subcontracting so that's cool.

Friends and family couldn't be better, mood is good,  I actually exercise in the morning on my way to work from the clinic. Starting to get my paper straight again.   

All the side effects of sobriety, swesting, teeth frinding, anxiety are all gone.
So all is good. Cept idgaf about pussy whatsoever. Which is really striking to me as I was a horny little fucker while I was off the clinic. But now I truly couldn't be bothered. It doesn't even sound that appetizing go me. 

Last time I was on mmt it was kinda similar but nothing this bad. I'm coming up on 6 MONTHS of not having sex.  Even more Than not wanting to fuck I especially don't want a girlfriend to dote on and text sweet nothings. I am 100% happy and content Goin it alone.

But I just feel like a weirdo. Like i need to be having sex just to stay in society.  I don't really like going out to bars and getting fucked up and then taking a girl home, drunk girls gross me out.

Is there anything I can take or do to increase labido? Seriously the only reason I jerk off is so I don't have a wet dream..I've thought about just going online and hooking up on one of those swiping sites. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
Re: Methadone induced asexuality
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 11:33:23 AM »
Is there anything you can take?

Ya, it's called "testosterone."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Reezy

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Reezy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 20, 2018, 02:50:54 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 12:12:59 PM »
AND. if your working out try working your legs really hard. They say the leg muscles either boost testosterone the most, or allow it to be absorbed easier or something.

Extenze also, its basicly a bunch of herbs that you could probably piece together for a lot cheaper. I got problems when i've been drinking getting it up so that helps, but i noticed it also makes your workout more intense. both in the bed and out. Yohimibine or somthing like that is one of the main causes. Tong Kat, and l-arginine is in it too, which is supposed to boost T. when this pack runs out ill probably make my own blend ordering the ingredients.

I went a year, unfourtunatly, without sex... BUT when i bounced back it was insane. 3 somes and tinder girls. but i have always been the type that doesn't want anything to do with a relationship, so its not like i ever really had sex like 7 days a week. I've always been a one night stand or friends with benefits person.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 12:25:10 PM »
Here is a great study on methadones effect on testosterone in men and women:

http://www.nature.com/articles/srep06189

So, all opiates lower testosterone levels. It's just much much worse with merhadone. Partly because it stays in your system so long and there are no real ups and downs with methadone giving your hormones a chance to recover when you sleep.

Check out some of the symptoms for low testosterone... I had low, really no libido, low energy, always in a bad mood, and I was accumulating fat on my belly. When I had blood work done, my testosterone was around 250 ng/dl or so. There is no set optimum level for testosterone, it's more of a range. It differs based on age and genetics. For example, a 20 year old black male is almost guaranteed to have a higher testosterone level than a 30 year old chinese male. So a level of testosterone that may cause symptoms in one man may not in another.

Using testosterone supplements has solved all my issues with methadone. My mood is great, I'm not all bitchy and emo all the time. Sex drive is set to boney horner. Well it's calmed down some now that I've gotten used to the testosterone and leveled out some but it's at a normal level now. When I first started, I was wacking off with every shower and getting boners when my thigh touched my other leg. I'm losing fat and gaining muscle. Do some research on that. I'm just on a replacement dose of testosterone to get my levels back to normal (I keep mine around 1200 ng/dl or so which is the tip top of the natural scale) but, people using body builder doses gained more muscle not working out than natural guys who were working out. I could not use methadone without testosterone.

The biggest problem I've had with testosterone replacement is I got gynecomastia. I did not know that some people need aromatase inhibitors to keep their estrogen from getting out of control. I had to have surgery to remove it. This could've been easily avoided had I done some research.

Another big thing that even doctors might not tell you is that your body may have a hard time restarting it's natural testosterone production when it's time to get off of methadone. This post is getting long already and I won't get into it too much but there's a very good chance that could happen if you use testosterone supplements for an extended period of time. It happened to me. There are kinda pseudo ways to treat it but, most likely, I'm going to have to be on testosterone replacement therapy for the rest of my life. Point is, either go to a doctor or do a shit ton of research before fucking with your hormones yourself.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 02:31:11 PM »
Holy fuck surgery to remove Gyne?

I've had Gynecomastia, purely from 3 years of MMT (I just turned 45), for maybe 6mos now. First the off-the-hook profuse sweating, and then Gyne and I said 'fuck this'.

That shit HURTS.

I saw an Endocrinologist and he didn't want to put me on T, cos I'm tapering and there's nothing else wrong. He said that if I supplement, it might keep my body from producing it on its own. My levels a couple months ago were like 215 -- low, too low. Way too low.. My levels are normally pretty good I think, I never had any problems until I got on MMT.

As an aside it's a little weird being a guy with like ZERO interest in sex. For me it's getting better pretty quickly, but it was over a year that I didn't care who you were, how hot, how attractive I thought you were on a whole -- I just wasn't interested in sex. At all. Honestly it seemed in hindsight almost like a burden or something. But three years ago I thought sex was a fantastic gift that as humans, we're lucky to be able to enjoy so much, and I loved it. Now it's just like "meh" (but definitely getting better). Hormones are funny things..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline jdub

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jdub has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 25, 2018, 03:39:20 AM
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 08:07:04 PM »
I've got similar issues and really need to get on the test from an md.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Daughter of Dionysus

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 08:22:25 PM »
Maybe I shouldn't reply cuz
Well,
I'm not a dude
But I think it's hella  awesome that you
Are completely cool with
Being alone
I find that men who are comfortable alone
Are men who make good lovers
Not feeling like you NEED a woman
To complete you
Is defo one of the best qualities
A man can have

So there's that

Glad to hear that
You are doing so well
Go Duck!!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 08:24:28 PM by Daughter of Dionysus »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 10:58:24 PM »
I'm too old for sex anyway and thought that asexuality was kinda handy - not being motivated by sex can be liberating.

I am stuck on 17.5 mg right now :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 02:05:34 AM »
There a black hole where your libido goes!

It's not just methadone my friend, chronic opiate abuse in general will lower your levels of testosterone. I haven't been laid in almost a year, and the only time I cared was after being clean for a month during rehab or when I was in deep WDs.

It's funny to me to go to forums like r/opiates and see inexperienced opiate users talking about their new found sexual prowess related to opiates. "I always get b0ners when I smoke r0xys guyz!"

If someone had told me the sexual side effects of chronic opiate abuse, maybe I wouldn't have started using them so often.

Even when I did have a sex drive and was in a sexual healthy relationship, I couldn't reach orgasm because of the opiates. Man, I went over a year and a half faking orgasms so my girlfriends wouldn't develop a complex. I can't even begin to explain how frustrating it was to feel like you're about to reach climax but never get there. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline Guts

• Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 02:15:56 AM »
I've got similar issues and really need to get on the test from an md.

The first step would be to get a blood test. You have to go in the morning when your testosterone levels are the highest. With that, pretty much any doctor will prescribe for it. They will probably start you off with the gel or a drug called clomid at first. Most don't go straight to injectables. There are some cash only online sites that use legitimate doctors that will prescribe you injectable testosterone with bloodwork. Good way to go if you don't have insurance and don't want to jump through the hoops. Of course, there are also a ton of places online selling the stuff... just make sure you do a ton of research, doctor or not. It's not trivial stuff messing with hormones.

Holy fuck surgery to remove Gyne?

I've had Gynecomastia, purely from 3 years of MMT (I just turned 45), for maybe 6mos now. First the off-the-hook profuse sweating, and then Gyne and I said 'fuck this'.

That shit HURTS.

I saw an Endocrinologist and he didn't want to put me on T, cos I'm tapering and there's nothing else wrong. He said that if I supplement, it might keep my body from producing it on its own. My levels a couple months ago were like 215 -- low, too low. Way too low.. My levels are normally pretty good I think, I never had any problems until I got on MMT.

As an aside it's a little weird being a guy with like ZERO interest in sex. For me it's getting better pretty quickly, but it was over a year that I didn't care who you were, how hot, how attractive I thought you were on a whole -- I just wasn't interested in sex. At all. Honestly it seemed in hindsight almost like a burden or something. But three years ago I thought sex was a fantastic gift that as humans, we're lucky to be able to enjoy so much, and I loved it. Now it's just like "meh" (but definitely getting better). Hormones are funny things..

If you have true glandular gynecomastia, surgery is usually the only way to remove it. All men have a little bit of glandular tissue which is basically breast tissue. Gynecomastia causes it to grow. Mine wasn't all that bad... my nipples looked really puffy but I didn't have full out boobs. It really bothered me though so I got it removed. Some people have pseudogynecomastia which is just fat and not gland. Some people have reported being able to get rid of real gyno or reduce it with aromatase inhibitors. Didn't work for me. Sometimes gynecomastia will go away on its own when hormone levels return to normal but, from what I've gathered, that usually only happens in teenage boys going through puberty.

When I had it, we'll when it was growing and before I got on aromatase inhibitors, my nipples were more sensitive than my dick. Good thing is man that should go away as soon as you get your levels balanced out.

If you're not planning on staying on methadone long term, it might be worth it to stick it out if you can and not ruin your body's natural ability to make the stuff. My life was in such a way that the now was much more important than the long term... at least it felt like it. I needed stability badly... it worked great, but I'm paying for it now. Even if I get off the 'done, I don't think I'll ever be normal without T replacement anymore.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline duck (OP)

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • duck is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 12, 2016, 10:36:48 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2015, 10:29:01 AM »
Thanks for all the replies...I may just go in and get my blood tested.

I don't wanna feel all amped up alpha gorilla mode...does test do that to ya? I like the sedating effects of my methadone..

And yeah I will be on methadone for years
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Smacky-Doodle 2.0

• All-Around Junker
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Smacky-Doodle 2.0 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 10, 2021, 03:26:07 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 12:40:21 PM »
Thanks for all the replies...I may just go in and get my blood tested.

I don't wanna feel all amped up alpha gorilla mode...does test do that to ya? I like the sedating effects of my methadone..

And yeah I will be on methadone for years

Ya I'd say hit Doc Bowtie up about it  ;)   Im sure he will be willing to help, and has dealt with it before....it's not an uncommon thing.

Being at the other end of the spectrum....tied down like so(not complaining at all) just focus on yourself and get your shit straight and the right girl(s) will fall into your lap when you least expect it.  Then the doting and such won't be a chore at all.

Stay the course, lad.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I often ask myself:  "What would Trevor Philips do?"

Offline robojunkie

• Mad Chemist
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • robojunkie is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 08, 2019, 07:02:32 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2015, 01:53:51 PM »
Yeah all opiates, but especially methadone, definitely decrease testosterone production in long term users.  When I was on methadone I could go months without ever getting horny and I had a live in girlfriend, practically married at the time (luckily she too was on the clinic and I've seen it kill libido in women just as much).  For whatever reason the fentanyl didn't have the libido killing effect, though I have no idea what it actually did or didn't do wrt test levels.  Once I went on bupe I got levels tested and as I suspected they were low specifically the "free" testosterone which is the one that matters.  The total T really only shows how much is being produced but with the majority of it protein bound it is completely useless unless something breaks down the protein.  So I said fuck it asked the doctor for the Androgel stuff and within days I'm like wtf I gotta get some damn!  And was way more motivated to go to gym and do physical shit in general.  Even mentally/cognitively/motivationally it had effects.  And I still take it, I couldn't go back to being an asexual uninterested zombie ever again.  I'm not all over macho igno-male now or anything, I've always been on the hypersensitive side, I'm just in one sense potentially quicker to fight than I ever have been before but I think thats more the prison mentality and the final realization that any unsettled and unresolvable argument or any argument with an irrational stronger person inevitably leads to physical conflict or the "shame" of accepting someone else's position by virtue of feeling like you can't win. Fuck that.

It is definitely worth it to do.  Yes it will start to interfere with natural production (as evidenced by shrinking balls) if the dose is too high, but this was never the case for me with a two week exception when I started the HepC cure, as HepC also lowers T due to the constant high liver enzyme count, and the binding of additional free T by them.  When I started it, the sudden destruction of viral replication led to the sudden stop of enzyme release and natural degradation of the free enzymes, and it released all the excess bound T rapidly.  I could notice that too I felt like I was on steroids for like a week, and actually had the levels tested because I was noticing being wicked aggressive (not starting physical fights and shit, but just flipping out over little shit and being "in ur face" over it).  That subsided pretty quick though once the HCV VL was down to nothing (and it gets there very quickly with that drug combo). 

So long story short, especially if you have a girlfriend/wife, but even if you don't, and are on the clinic or really any opiates long term but especially the clinic, I'd highly recommend getting on it.  And if any potential effects on your natural production or worries about other side effects are dissuasive, look into SARMs (selective androgen receptor modulators, they are very new synthetic non-steroidal anabolic substances that have totally different chemistry and do not interfere with natural production, and will have same impact on sex drive.  Not only that as they ratio of anabolic/androgenic effects in many are from 10 to 30/1 (T is 1/1, its the standard) you won't have shrinking balls and gynecomastia and DHT production i.e. baldness if you overdo it, and if you're into working out I imagine you'd get jacked pretty quick.  I don't believe any are approved as prescriptions at the moment but they are also completely unrestricted and there are websites selling them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I see from quarks to quasars...

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2015, 07:00:33 PM »
I dont know if asexuality is a word. But it is me.

Life has been fuckin great as of late since getting back on methadone 7 months ago.  It kinda sucks not being able to travel for my old steel erecting company but I've been able to work on my own subcontracting so that's cool.

Friends and family couldn't be better, mood is good,  I actually exercise in the morning on my way to work from the clinic. Starting to get my paper straight again.   

All the side effects of sobriety, swesting, teeth frinding, anxiety are all gone.
So all is good. Cept idgaf about pussy whatsoever. Which is really striking to me as I was a horny little fucker while I was off the clinic. But now I truly couldn't be bothered. It doesn't even sound that appetizing go me. 

Last time I was on mmt it was kinda similar but nothing this bad. I'm coming up on 6 MONTHS of not having sex.  Even more Than not wanting to fuck I especially don't want a girlfriend to dote on and text sweet nothings. I am 100% happy and content Goin it alone.

But I just feel like a weirdo. Like i need to be having sex just to stay in society.  I don't really like going out to bars and getting fucked up and then taking a girl home, drunk girls gross me out.

Is there anything I can take or do to increase labido? Seriously the only reason I jerk off is so I don't have a wet dream..I've thought about just going online and hooking up on one of those swiping sites.

Test-os-ter-one. Go to your MD and ask to have it tested. Explain that you are on methadone and you understand that opiates supresss your testosterone production.

I don't want to get too personal but after I started getting free buprenorphine I started using more and found myself turing into a sexless, lazy blob with no ambition. Saw some ads, got the test, found that indeed it was low  and got the Androgel. It takes a few weeks of daily use (like applying skin cream to your shoulders) and man, it works. I am so ready to fuck or fight it is scary.

Both sexes need it to be truly healthy. Seriously though, withth  supplemental T I feel better than I have in years.

I don't generally tell people this but because as opiate users we are all likely to have unnaturally low T it is something we should look into especially if you are gaining weight, lacking tone and find yourself not interested in sex.

If for no other reason do it as a favor to your SO. It will be appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 09:39:39 PM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2015, 11:54:40 AM »
Has anyone in their 20s been on testosterone or tried it? All the males in my family have it, but they all got on it in their mid to late 30s. I am the only opiate addict and I have a lot of the symptoms of low T. I just always talk myself out of asking when I goto the doctor. I am going to force myself to get them to test my levels in January. Is it just a blood test?

Also does MMT affect anyone elses blood pressure? Mine was fine when after got off and finished the worst of the w/d, and when I started losing weight, now it has gone back up again. When I went to the doctor my bp was 180/120 which is ridiculous and it has never been that high. I stopped taking my bp meds when I started losing weight but I am taking them again. I take bystolic and it helps but the done definitely makes mine high. For the first 6 hours after taking it my bp is really high my social anxiety makes it worse it goes up when I'm being tested.

I have had almost no sexual desire or sex life since getting on MMT. I do get wet dreams occasionally which is weird, I have never had one before getting on MMT, when I was on 280 they were more frequent and have happened a few times since getting back on. I have read on other MMT threads that other guys were experiencing the same thing, low libido but frequent wet dreams. It is annoying and has actually happened when I stayed at a friends house after drinking.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal