dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Amazing coke paraphrenalia ads from the 70s  (Read 20930 times)

Offline Daughter of Dionysus

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
Re: Amazing coke paraphrenalia ads from the 70s
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 20, 2015, 10:34:35 AM »
Looking at some of this
I just began wondering
If people like Escobar and George Jung
Had things like those
Especially things as extravagant
As the ivory paraphernalia

To own something like that
And be okay
With where it came from
You'd prolly have to
Jam allota coke up yer nose

Than again it was the 70s
FTW
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2015, 12:19:25 PM »
Drug use has been a major but forgotten factor in many, many human endeavors, certainly among creative people but many others who have "pushed the envelope" in all ways have been under the influence of something.

I was watching a History Channel (I think) doc about drug use in WW2. I had heard before that Hitler had a doctor giving him daily injections of speed but I learned it was methamphetamine and it was in a drug cocktail his doctor gave him every morning because he couldnt get out of bed without it.

And all that horrible shit the German troops did as they marched East into Russia? They were all taking "Pervitin" - pills made from methamphetamine, just gobbling them which explains how they could do some of thise twisted things they did w/o hesitation. Can you imagine a trained ARMY fully equipped on a crank binge? That would scare the shit out of any sane person.

Aldus Huxley (Brave New World) was an LSD proponent and at the time LSD was legal and tripping was an "in" thing to do in th artistic. literary and wealthy circles in cultrual centers like NYC  and others.

We've now had 2 generations (since Nixon began the WoD) grow up believing that drugs are this evil dark thing, and are only consumed by bent people but historically that just isn't true. (Despite what I just wrote about the Nazis, hahaha)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 01:48:32 PM »
@ the Madonna videos:

I appreciate the first one, as it's very pertinent to the 80's.  Especially her live rendition on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards.  I think it was a controversy at the time.  People saying it should have been censored.

As for the second Madonna video, she's WAY too old to be doing that shit now.  It's just sad and pathetic.  I'm not trying to be an ageist or sexist, but I think it's gross she's still on stage in her lingerie, writhing on the floor.  It just doesn't look good.  I'd say that about any "elderly" person, woman or man.  She's what, like in her late-50's or early-60's now.  It's time to hang up the garter belt. 

And I'm no pro at discerning female anatomy, but did I just see her labia majora there?   

I appreciated some of those things Deadcat said about the cultural history of America's past 50 years.  I've got to say though that my parents were even older than the kids in the 60's.  They were born in the early 1930's and very early 1940's; my paternal grandparents were born in 1890 and 1896 for what it's worth.  I never met him obviously.  He died in the 50's.  I "met" her when I was a very small child.  I say "met" b/c I don't remember.  She died in the mid-80's in her 90's.  Anyway, my parents definitely hated drugs.  My parents' families did too. 

I know I shouldn't generalize, but I always assumed most people of their generation did.  Things from the 40's and 50's about "reefer madness," etc.  I don't know what they said about heroin, but it can't be good.  As for prescription drug abuse, I'm sure it was very common.  Amphetamine / Methamphetamine "diet" pills.  Various painkillers.  Barbiturates for anxiety / sleep.  But even though it was common, I don't think people considered it the same as illegal drugs.  Illegal drugs were very much pegged as being bad.  Morally bad.  The whole "if you use drugs you're a bad person:" thing. 

I know I was raised to be very naive about drugs.  I knew they were supposedly bad, and not something you were supposed to do, but I didn't realize why or how they affected you.  I seriously had no idea you could even buy drugs on the street.  I always thought street drugs was just a term for illegal drugs.  The first time I went with someone to get rock, I was seriously amazed you could just roll up, give money, and get drugs.  That's what I mean by naive. 

I never got a "drug talk" (or a "sex talk" either, but that's another topic).  I'm guessing my anti-drug education was simply subliminal by implying good, decent people don't do drugs.  That's obviously a very bad approach to take, especially with intelligent and / or curious children.  They want to know the why / how / what.  They want to experience it for themselves. 

Needless to say when I got to college, it was kinda like a perfect storm.  Very naive about drugs, allowed all this freedom for the very first time, not around family or other people who I thought would judge me, around "friends" who did drugs and offered them to me.  For a time when I first started, I actually had a plan / desire to try any drug I could.  I wanted to experience them all and compare.  I remember wanting to find the perfect drug: one that made me feel the best, that lasted the longest, and that was the most affordable. 

As for ivory coke paraphernalia, yeah, a person would have to have no conscious where animals are concerned.  I could make an exception for grandfathered ivory, as it's not a recent kill.  But still, at one point it was a living, breathing elephant that was killed for two of it's tusks.  The only acceptable form IMO would be mammoth ivory coke accessories.  But that'd be pretty hard to find.  It wouldn't surprise me if Pablo Escobar had a lot of expensive coke accessories.  Interesting thought. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 02:55:53 PM »
@ the Madonna videos:

I appreciate the first one, as it's very pertinent to the 80's.  Especially her live rendition on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards.  I think it was a controversy at the time.  People saying it should have been censored.

As for the second Madonna video, she's WAY too old to be doing that shit now.  It's just sad and pathetic.  I'm not trying to be an ageist or sexist, but I think it's gross she's still on stage in her lingerie, writhing on the floor.  It just doesn't look good.  I'd say that about any "elderly" person, woman or man.  She's what, like in her late-50's or early-60's now.  It's time to hang up the garter belt. 

That was my mistake. I had intended to post the MTV awards where she was in the wedding dress/ligerie, rolling aroud on the floor which at the time blew everyones mind. It was scandalous, which of course was her plan all along. I wonder how many boners she inspired before 1990 alone?  Millions and millions no doubt. And clothing trends too. You coulnd swing a stick w/o hitting a "Madonna Clone" What I had intended to illustrate was how traditionally sexy she was when she was young and not just  "sexy for an older woman."

Public opinion about drug use has been all over the map . Thomas Jefferson and I believe George Washington grew pot and Jefferson's garden still has poppies descended from his own plantings. And they weren't ornamental. People grew mdeicinal plants as well as food. They had to.

It was Harry Anslinger who really villified drugs, primarily to create the "need"' for his government job running the old Federal Bureau of Narcotics, which preceded the DEA.  No doubt the US has always been a recist country and racism was used to vilify opiates (Chinese) Cocain (Blacks) Marijuana (Blacks and Mexicans) but doctors wrote for all sorts of narcotics freely. By the 70's pot and coke were winked at or ignored.

People forget that Reagan's election was kind of a blowback reaction to increasing liberalism and anger over the liberal Carter's inability to rescue or coerce the return of the US hostages in Iran. For all th epode-minded, fair play, live and let live, liberalities it professes, the US has always had very strong sttrain of reactionary hatred. For every progress made by minorities, LGBTs and Civil Libertarians, there is a deep strain of conservative anger.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:00:00 PM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Daughter of Dionysus

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 12:34:26 AM »
Harry Anslinger is a fucking terrorist
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

Offline LoneRanger7

• Reputation Power: 5
  • LoneRanger7 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 04, 2017, 07:24:00 AM
  • Better living through chemistry
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2015, 09:04:57 AM »
Damn zoots your really did answer my question, very interesting! I'm in a union now and feel very lucky...also scared because idk how it has survived this long. It's a strong union but once the car unions in Detroit go so will ours and you always here rumors on that. Thanks for the read!

A union, huh?

And that was DeadCat that took the time to answer you... twice.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2015, 06:09:48 PM »
Damn zoots your really did answer my question, very interesting! I'm in a union now and feel very lucky...also scared because idk how it has survived this long. It's a strong union but once the car unions in Detroit go so will ours and you always here rumors on that. Thanks for the read!

A union, huh?

And that was DeadCat that took the time to answer you... twice.

I'm lad SOMEBOD[else besiddddrrrrrr]caught that.
]]]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions