dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Australia looking into legalizing weed growing.  (Read 10122 times)

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Australia looking into legalizing weed growing.
« on: February 11, 2016, 11:46:31 AM »
http://qz.com/613831/australia-is-about-to-legalize-growing-marijuana-nationwide/

This popped up on my facebook today, it's pretty interesting. I guess they are looking to legalize growing for medical use, I am not sure what the support is there but would like to know. @chipper Have you heard about this? What are your thoughts on it, do you think it will pass? I hope it does, and that allow recreational weed use soon. It's about time we started enacting common sense policies, and stop locking people up for weed. I hope it gets passed or gains enough attention and support to get all of it legalized soon.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: Australia looking into legalizing weed growing.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 07:58:28 PM »
thank you and yes, I'm well across this.

It's strictly for Medicinal use but I can only hope for the best and maybe they will permit recreational use.

the government could also make a lot of money but there is a lot of opposition from the wowsers still.

Colorado sounds like a success so why not emulate that here ?

thanks Griffin.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 10:19:21 PM »
Article makes it sound pretty definite which is a good thing, I hope there are provisions for patients to grow their own.  For people who truly benefit (medically) from cannabis, it's essential to find what strains work best for them.  If left solely to corporations & privateers the choices available will be determined by market economics.  No less important in a recreational situation either - if people can't get what they want legally they'll get it the same way they do now.  Colorado has the best situation going in this regard - localities can choose to allow dispensaries or not but cannot forbid personal home grows.  Ohio's bill would have been a disaster for everyone except the owners of the few companies growing the state's approved strains & the politicians who's pockets got lined.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Wildcat

• One love, One life-you'll lose it if you don't care for it
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Wildcat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2018, 11:52:15 AM
  • constant companion pain
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 08:03:20 AM »
I am very interested in MMJ for my CP-I don't like to smoke because it gives me severe anxiety and paranoia, however my brother in law who lives in Michigan suffers from CP, and has a medical use card-when I was up there this past summer, he had some great buds specifically for pain people, and it REALLY helped me, NO anxiety or paranoia-his grower grows different types of strains and this stuff was like a GOD SEND-I was practically pain free for 12 hours+

This should NOT be so hard to get-I don't live in a medical use state-IT's great that this is so effective on tough pain, and without the physical dependency you suffer from narcotics
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They put their hand out to you when you need it, and you have to remember to put your hand out when they need it too, that's what friends do"  - Mick Dodge

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 11:56:09 AM »
Yeah it is really effective for pain for a lot of people. I had a girlfriend whose mom had been on morphine and hydrocodone for the past 20 years for all kinds of back problems who was able to get enough relief from just pot to quit taking opiates 100%. A senator just announced that she supports and is trying to get the CDC to look into researching and pushing for marijuana use to quell the opiate addiction "epidemic". http://thinkprogress.org/health/2016/02/10/3748383/elizabeth-warren-marijuana-opioid-epidemic/

Has anyone heard about the fentanyl analog W-18 that is being found in oc80 knock offs in canada? It is supposed to be 100x stronger than regular fent, and they found a shipment of about 50,000 pills with it in their. I can't imagine trying to mix that safely 1/100th of a microgram of w-18 is equal to 80 mg of morphine I think is what they said on one of the news stories. Oddly enough I think that there is enough shit happening with opiate addiction that a lot of people are thinking decriminalization is the way to go now. http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/01/29/w18-calgary-police_n_9114152.html
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 12:04:55 PM »
W-18 is 10,000x morphine. It's one of those things not to screw with.

If people are trying to dose that in fake oc-80's they are almost asking to kill someone.

Back to Aussie Weed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 05:01:54 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/24/health/medical-marijuana-legal-australia-irpt/?iid=ob_lockedrail_bottomlist&iref=obinsite

I am not sure if this is an update or not and was hoping @chipper could tell me if he has heard anything about this becoming official or not, and if he knows what the rules are. It looks as if Australia has officially legalized growing and using weed for medical and scientific purposes but it is still illegal recreationally. I am not sure what the rules are as to who can grow or use it, or if it will be like medical marijuana here in the US, where you have to get a prescription from a doctor before you can grow, buy, and use it medically.

If anyone has any info or updates on this subject, I'd like to know. I hope we see more of this and that we begin allowing medical marijuana use everywhere and get more studies on it. Hopefully legal recreational weed will follow soon after but I think the biggest issue is allowing people who need it the option of using it without fear. I am curious as to the rules that Australia will implement behind this and hopefully it is similar to some of the US where pretty much anyone can get a prescription to use it regardless of actual ailments.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 06:32:36 PM »
that's right - it's official, according to what i heard on the radio only yesterday.

it's only for those who need it for medicinal purposes so that counts me out.

i do have a friend with HIV so he should qualify ... i will find out more about this later, i hope.

it's a step in the right direction and i think people can grow their own.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 06:38:31 PM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions