dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: mg/ml water solubility of H  (Read 4633 times)

Offline bignasty (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
mg/ml water solubility of H
« on: August 09, 2018, 09:43:47 PM »
I read a thread on here that mentioned morphine only being water soluble enough to get 60mgs in a ml so that got me to wondering if we're wasting dope by trying to do half g shots if only a certain amount will go into the rig/cc of water.

So does anyone know the max water solubility of H? It's so similar to morph that it seems hard to imagine that it'd be much more than 60mgs/ml but I'm no chemistry expert so I could be way off with my assumption.

Also, what affects water solubility? I don't want a whole chemistry lesson but in layman's terms what causes some drugs to be able to be 500mgs per ml but others max out at 2mgs per ml?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Hooman

• Non-standard issue, also a
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Hooman is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 16, 2020, 02:17:46 AM
  • I've got a handful of coconut-size opium pods...
Re: mg/ml water solubility of H
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 08:40:01 PM »
Yeah, the solubility in water of Morphine Sulphate is around 60mg/ml (ideally - I'd shoot for 50mg/ml to be sure).

The solubility of Heroin salts (HCl, Citrate etc.) is *massive* compared to Morphine - it actually is around 400-500mg/ml.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions