dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Some advice on how to use my current MMT dose, for CP  (Read 6275 times)

Offline Snoop (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Some advice on how to use my current MMT dose, for CP
« on: June 29, 2019, 04:14:37 AM »
Hi Everybody! Its Snoop... Come back from his sebaticle. Thought I'd pop in for some guidance and/or advice...

So, as it stands. Ive been on MMT for damn near 10yrs now... I took a 7 month break from it all; kicked cold turkey in Jail on a weak ass Probation/Parole Violation (Thats right, was on both Probation and Parole at the same damn time, over 2 seperate cases.)

What COULD HAVE been the end of all this maddness, as I suffered out a 120mg daily MD dose & 3-4mg daily Xan/Kpin kick, was traded in the EXACT Goddamned night I arrived @ home.... In retrospect, I should have laid down some kinda "Ground rules" before my arrival home.

But, being involved in a marriage, that we both use the same damn meds (ie Methadone/Benzos) it was near impossible for me to resist the urge, right through the door home, to ask for a taste. That got me revved right back up; and it was back to the races.

I mean, I'm stable... I use my MD responsibly, got my shrink to switch me to Valium instead of Xanax, so I could taper that habit down... So far so good on that end. Ive come to see Valium as the MD of the Benzo World. With its long half life, and decent ability to quell the storm inside, I crave benzos less and less, and I can take drops in dosage and even days off from it with negligible consequences. In grateful for that... As I used to be longsuffering with a Xanax script that wouldn't or simply couldn't be managed.

Now, its the Methadone... Been on 100mg for the duration since I was released all those years ago. Which would be fine... But it has been 10 years since my auto accident; the accident that rebooted a long since gone H habit (was clean off opioids for a few, maybe 3-4 yrs.... Chippin on rare occasions)

I had to have a few surgeries before I got away from the Oxy/Hydrocodone, OxyContin Scripts (When OxyContin was in its Hayday) Since I got on Methadone, it has been SUPER hard to control my pain with BS OTC meds, and I think that the Ibuprofen/Aleve have left me with some nasty gastrointestinal issues.

So I quit using those, my guts ache whenever I use them. And I suspect an Ulcer is the culprit.

Anyway... Back to the start.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with controlling pain successfully with their Takehomes???

Something like 1/4 of my daily dose, 4 times daily? I guess I could just jump in and try. But I'm seeking some first-hand experience with this. Would 25mg every 6 hours be beneficial, or would splitting it in half am/pm be best....?

Ive thought about tapering off completely.... Making a GO at it. But, ultimately... I see myself using full blown again if I do.

All it would come down to, is ONE bad decision. One Perfect Storm; frought with Pain, Anxiety and a choice right in front of my face.

Honestly, in the end. I wish there were OPTIONS for CPP patients, whom also happen to be in ORT other than NSAIDS... But the way things are now. With the Nationwide Opioid Crisis, I dont see any other options on the horizon. Not anytime real soon.

Any advice or input would be appreciated.

Thx all.... -Snoop
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline A-bomb

• Reputation Power: 2
  • A-bomb is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 18, 2023, 01:17:41 AM
  • Hi I'm Adam and I am an addict.
Re: Some advice on how to use my current MMT dose, for CP
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 06:21:12 PM »
I know I'm a little late on a reply. But my best advice would be to take at least half your dose in the morning. Then set up two separate times to take the rest. See if that helps control your pain at all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline limerence

• Reputation Power: 2
  • limerence is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 09, 2022, 04:20:48 AM
  • Our Community Board
Re: Some advice on how to use my current MMT dose, for CP
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 05:58:40 AM »
@Snoop
One acronym. Four words.
ULTRA LOW DOSE NALTREXONE.
I highly recommend ULDN for anyone using opiates/opioids. It's so cheap/accessible and unbelievably effective. It will save you thousands of dollars on gear and get so many more rocks off.

Here's what I wrote for someone in the past about uldn:
It prevents tolerance/hyperalgesia, analgesia remains relatively constant, reduces compulsive redosing behavior, greatly alleviates w/d, constipation, depressed sex drive/hormones..etc. I personally used it years ago with raw opium/morphine and hydromorphone (and everything else) to great effect. It's unfortunate that it is not better known and prescribed. ULDN would greatly increase QoL for pain patients while reducing the necessary quantity of opiates rx'd (making dea/fda happy)...
I've read about some oxycodone/naltrexone formulas, but I don't think they got popular because the amount of naltrexone is too low and the naltrexone really has to be dosed once or twice per day at full dose, not divided up q6h or however oxy is prescribed (http://www.pharmatimes.com/news/pain_therapeutics_slumps_as_oxytrex_fails_phase_iii_trial_997509).

As for ULDN and opiates. In my experience of using it with opiates, I used about 56 micrograms once per day, right before the first dose. Also one develops a mild tolerance to naltrexone, so at first 5micrograms had the same effect, then I needed ~56mics, where it stayed. Around 100mics is where w/d symptoms would appear, usually mild, felt in gi tract or yanwing.
This is was one of the first and most useful reports/sources of info about ULDN, a doctor dependent on injected Dilaudid, self experimenting with ULDN: https://web.archive.org/web/20040416055559/dilaudid.net/uldntx-trial.shtml
Also a handful of relevant studies proving ULDN at least increases analgesia/prevents tolerance: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=ultra low dose naltrexone
Facebook group: "NOPE Non-Opiate Pain-relief Experiences. ULDN / Naltrexone & other options" https://www.facebook.com/groups/1593950197487522

Unfortunately, pure naltrexone is not very profitable/patentable...which is probably why it's not better known. It is only made in 50mg pills or mixed with other drugs. I think, sadly, prescribing ULDN would require patients making their own Naltrexone solutions out of 50mg tablets for volumetric dosing, or going through expensive compounding pharmacies. According to LDN/ULDN Internet support groups, one popular, well regarded, and affordable online compounding pharmacy for LDN and ULDN is Skipspharmacy. I remember hearing about "methyl-naltrexone" being patented about 10 years ago as a remedy for opioid-induced constipation. I don't know if it has all the same effects as ULDN.
I got my naltrexone, brand Naltima 50mg, legally in usa, from Indian pharmacy, Alldaychemist btw.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions