dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Drugs Inc.  (Read 23436 times)

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Drugs Inc.
« on: November 21, 2015, 11:49:27 AM »
Does anyone watch drugs inc.? I like the show, it shows different cities throughout the world and what the drug trade is like there. They had an episode on last week called Heroin Island, NYC mostly about the heroin trade on staten island. There was one dealer who had some Volkswagon turbo diesel stamps and he was adding fentanyl to one or two bags each time he would re up. He did this so someone would od and people would come looking for his stamp to increase demand. He said that the corner guys who were selling it for him would usually pick someone they didn't like or a bigger person to give it to.

I just can't believe how people would do that to intentionally make someone OD and possible die just to make some extra cash. I think that the added heat and possibility of getting a murder charge would outweigh the chance of making extra money. I just don't understand it. He would do this a few times a month. Dead customers can't buy dope so you would lose out on their money as well. When he was talking about it he was completely nonchalant about it like he wasn't intentionally killing someone and how its normal business and marketing procedure. I was just wondering if you guys saw it and what your thoughts about it were.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline makita

• Reputation Power: 26
  • makita is now quite familiar.makita is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:March 07, 2019, 05:50:39 PM
Re: Drugs Inc.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 02:41:08 PM »
I haven't seen the episode (I've seen others and liked them) and now I dont know if I want to.  I feel angry and baffled thinking about someone doing that (bigger people?  So fat people deserve to die more?  or was it just he believed we'd be more likely to survive an OD because it would take more to kill us?).

But mostly I guess I feel pity for that dealer man, to think about what kind of life he must have had to end up with such a dissociated and remote view of humanity that allows him to make human lives into a callous business decision (and you're right about the fact that its a stupid strategy anyway).  I dont think he represents anywhere near the majority of drug dealers, even the ones that do get into violent gang activities. 

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
something something drug war, social justice blah blah

Offline St. Theresa

• Reputation Power: 0
  • St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 04:22:27 PM »
I haven't seen the episode (I've seen others and liked them) and now I dont know if I want to.  I feel angry and baffled thinking about someone doing that (bigger people?  So fat people deserve to die more?  or was it just he believed we'd be more likely to survive an OD because it would take more to kill us?).

But mostly I guess I feel pity for that dealer man, to think about what kind of life he must have had to end up with such a dissociated and remote view of humanity that allows him to make human lives into a callous business decision (and you're right about the fact that its a stupid strategy anyway).  I dont think he represents anywhere near the majority of drug dealers, even the ones that do get into violent gang activities.

I haven't seen it either but I agree with the above.  I can't predict the future, but.... I don't see much of it for this guy. Admitting what he has done and knowing that there have been many overdoses on SI and some of those involved some sons  and daughters of very well connected goodfellas, I can't see his brilliant scheme going on much longer.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 05:08:04 PM »
its a guilty pleasure but a lot of it is clearly horseshit.

so much drama gets created when they put people in a disguise and alter their voice

suddenly this guy can say whatever the fuck he wants and its now serious business because have you heard how scary his voice is?

shit, remember those two malibu's most wanted motherfuckers?selling dope out of a house?
one of them had what looked like a goddamn bolt action .22, it looked like a prop from pirates of the caribbean, and he clearly knew how cool it was.

its a lot more real when its about the users. I can recall that couple from Chicago. that shit wasnt just spooky drama. she ended up ODing and died. they showed them sick and then showed them getting well and it was obvious from the get that she was in way over her head. you just see him getting right, no more snot pouring out of him, and her looking like she just fought tyson in the late 80s.

or that kid, maybe in the seattle episode, who just kept stealing from his mom over and over again, sleeping in his car. he reminded me of so many fucking people.

Im not saying they havent interviewed some actual drug dealers, im just saying the ones they do interview tend to be over the top, and not very accurate.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 05:32:06 PM »
let me get this right: dealer wants a customer to OD/die to increase sales ?

the game is dangerous enough already without this punk.

he needs to be locked up forever.

hard to believe it, I hope it's not true.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Z

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 05:50:40 PM »
I'm going to go with neighbour on this one.  All of the dealers exaggerate.  Like the guys that cut their smack with morphine.  I could even see the producers suggesting they do something extra to get on the show.

I remember the guy with the .22.  If I remember right it was even sawed off.  Cuz everything is cooler when it's sawed off.  Sawed off pistol.  Sawed off flare gun.  Sawed off machete.  All badass.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 07:29:24 PM »
Yeah i couldn't believe his dumbass was saying it he was an idiot. They showed him ironing his 100$ bills so they looked new clearly to show off. Hah Z your right sawed off machetes are so hard. They showed him dropping some liquid with an eye dropper in 2 bags when he was telling about lacing the bags with fent. He said they would pick bigger people because they would be harder to kill sense they are big. Clearly he is idiot. I don't wish prison on anyone but that dude is definitely deserving.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 09:12:36 PM »
I'm going to go with neighbour on this one.  All of the dealers exaggerate.  Like the guys that cut their smack with morphine.  I could even see the producers suggesting they do something extra to get on the show.

I remember the guy with the .22.  If I remember right it was even sawed off.  Cuz everything is cooler when it's sawed off.  Sawed off pistol.  Sawed off flare gun.  Sawed off machete.  All badass.

Regarding the guys cutting their dope with morphine. Did any of you guys believe that? It seemed like total bullshit to me. How the fuck are they just somehow getting half keys of powdered morphine sulfate? That shirt was probably just  (unfortunately people are morons) acetametaphin or hopefully diphenhydramine.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline Morfy

• Free Falling Around The World
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 01:44:51 AM
  • Enjoying the stelliferous era--while it lasts
    • THE DRUGS AND USERS CHAT ROOM
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 09:23:26 PM »

I tend to watch it too, when I see that its on.  I think Wednesday evenings is when NatGeo plays a block.

Agree with what others have said--some episodes are very well put together, others, not so much.

The one that takes place in Chiraq, and there is a high level guy who runs a group of dealers seemed legit to me.  Saying stuff like:

"Sometimes I let others teach a guy who transgresses me a lesson; sometimes I will teach him a less.  Both methods send a very clear message."

I think the same episode showing a low-level dealer using a playing card to mix Dormin (diphenhydramine) with heroin.  Saying stupid shit like:
"Heron users love Dormin in their dope.  The more the better."

Fuck no, no, no!  Don't intentionally fuq up good dope.  If I want diphenhydramine in my smack, I will add it--ME, not you.

Another favourite episode was the one in Puerto Rico--showing a horse tranquillizer being processed and mixed in with heroin.  I use that same horse tranq (even the exact same brand) that the guy used in the show.  The chemical is xylazine--comparable to Clonidine used in humans.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All matter is simply cooled and condensed energy.

Offline Daughter of Dionysus

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 09:43:45 PM »

I had to lol at
Sawed off flair gun

The drug dealers on this show
Are mainly creations
Of the producer and camera crew
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

Offline monkey business

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • monkey business is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 21, 2018, 07:07:08 PM
  • Monkey bizz in the houseee
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 02:36:44 PM »
Lol I just can't imagine why a legit active successful drug dealer would make the god-awful business decision of going on National Geographic with whole whole crew and bragging about his exploits and showing off the inner workings of his operation.

Drug dealers are not terrorists. They don't want drama and publicity; they want things to stay quiet and low key and to be able to sell dope right next to granny's mansion and not raise any questions.

I can't imagine any of their guys are seriously who they say they are.. Probably just low level dealers who want to pump their own shit up and show off to their friends.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Any and all posts made by user "monkey business" are entirely fictional in nature and bear no connection to any real-life character or characters. Any perceived similarities are entirely coincidental by nature.

Offline _Enduser

• Reputation Power: 8
  • _Enduser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
  • Lex Produca da Original Ableton Killa
    • My original Productions
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 12:19:16 AM »
the drugs inc episode i just saw confirms that show is bullshit to me, the Heroin Islnd one.

I just don't believe it.  It doesn't make sense if you know dope around here.  This is one scene, as follows

"Heroin dealer meets his heroin wholesaler!???????"
"Yo, you got that bundle?"
"Yeah., i got that bundle but i got shit to do man hurry up"
"Okay, I gotta test this bundle to make sure it's real!"
"Oh yeah baby, it's super good!"
"I'm gonna go sell this bundle now!"

BTW; a bundle is 12 bags.....What a wholesaler!

Also, funny scene is the ridiculously fake cutting of the dope.  Not showing a real stamp mill, or showing how people use the handheld coffee grinders for smaller ops. The only thing real was the guy shooting up, whose real dope dealers prolly didn't consent to getting filmed at all
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http://www.soundcloud.com/lexproduca

Please Check out my music!

Offline _Enduser

• Reputation Power: 8
  • _Enduser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
  • Lex Produca da Original Ableton Killa
    • My original Productions
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 12:22:59 AM »
Yeah i couldn't believe his dumbass was saying it he was an idiot. They showed him ironing his 100$ bills so they looked new clearly to show off. Hah Z your right sawed off machetes are so hard. They showed him dropping some liquid with an eye dropper in 2 bags when he was telling about lacing the bags with fent. He said they would pick bigger people because they would be harder to kill sense they are big. Clearly he is idiot. I don't wish prison on anyone but that dude is definitely deserving.

JHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

THAT PART WAS UNREAL.  HE COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT OF "LAUNDERING MONEY" HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. HE THOUGHT LAUNDERING MEANS LIKE YOUR FUCKING LAUNDRY
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http://www.soundcloud.com/lexproduca

Please Check out my music!

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 11:09:54 AM »
Enduser I totally forgot about that part where he went to get some from the wholesaler where he got the bundle on credit. I was thinking if he is selling that how many times is he going to have to go back to that house and pick up if he's getting a bundle at a time.

That episode was beyond stupid and I really think that is what he thinks laundering money is. "If it looks fresh and not all crumpled the cops won't say shit about it." Oh yeah great theory Einstein. Have fun beating that murder rap just because you lied about cutting it with fent and someone died. I really hope that he was lying about that he is way to dumb to be anywhere around fentanyl.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline makita

• Reputation Power: 26
  • makita is now quite familiar.makita is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:March 07, 2019, 05:50:39 PM
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 01:24:52 PM »
If that guy is that fucking stupid I predict he overdoses himself on fent just by handling it poorly.  I hope that is what happens anyway, if he is actually doing that. 

"give it to big people because they're more able to handle it"  Jesusfuckingchrist, that grinds my gears.  I'd like to gradually poison him with fent until he has a habit, then come sit on him and inject him with naltrexone. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions