dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Chewing tobacco as potentiator  (Read 24758 times)

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
Re: Chewing tobacco as potentiator
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 30, 2015, 03:23:27 AM »
No it doesn't detect nicotine or give a false positive for alcohol or anything like that.
It's just kind of difficult to blow as hard as you have to into the tube with a bunch of spit and dip in your mouth, and it tells you to blow at random intervals every 10 minutes - or so. Or can you set your watch by it - is it exactly every 10 or 15 minutes or whatever you said it was?

AmIright?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Riddick">Riddick (OP)

• Banned!
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • <s>Riddick</s> is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 23, 2015, 10:59:01 PM
Re: Chewing tobbaco as potentiator
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2015, 03:29:58 AM »
chewing tobacco is not legal or available in Aus.

but i have always wondered - what does it taste like ?

That seems very odd to me that chew and dip is illegal there but cigs are not. Is there a black market scene for cheap cigarettes there? I guess my fantasy trip to your side of the world will have to be made at a time were I am not dipping because that might drive me crazy. I hate that I chew my gums and lips till they bleed when i don't dip the oral fixation is the worst part of stopping dipping. That and dipping dreams where I spit all over my pillow. The united states house of congress used to have spittoons at all the seats of the place they convened in the 1800s.

As for taste I started out dipping wintergreen flavor and now I dip the mint flavor. I think it tastes good each brands flavors taste different and I prefer the grizzly brand plus its cheaper than some. The company that makes the skoal brand has some that taste like candy I have a lot of friends who started in high school on those.

Griffin
What you tryin to say bro? I aint as much of a man cause I do skoal? I used to be on grizz, im on skoal now cause Im getting back into it after bout a year off.

Not at all lol, I was implying that they were targeting the younger age groups with flavors like citrus, berry blend, and the apple one. Because they are very sugary and have candy like tastes. A lot of my friends that dip only would do those flavors because they are so sweet and a lot taste like candy. My dad dipped skoal for 15 years when I was growing up before switching, I dipped it for a while as well. Some of those flavors do taste very good when I was living with a friend who did the skoal citrus I was dipping a can a day of it because it taste so good and the flavor didn't last too long so I would go through it quick. I think most companies make flavors like that now anyway so it definitely doesn't matter what brand or flavor you use as it is personal preference. It definitely has no correlation of how manly you are, anyone who knows me knows I am not the macho type in any way shape or form. I think what makes people more manly is the way they conduct themselves such as putting people before themselves and doing things for the greater good instead of the person who can kick any ones ass. I take shit all the time for being on grizzly from my friends cause a lot people started on that and its cheap. They think unless you dip skoal straight or natural or copenhagen you are a sissy and it makes me laugh. I didn't mean any offense to anyone I was just saying they have all kinds of flavors and that they like the cigarette companies did a long time ago tried things to target younger age groups with some flavors. Sorry to have offended you I should of stated my first post more clearly.

Griffin

Reason I edited was I did the quoting thing wrong
Were boys now Griffin. I wonder why they say not chewing skoal is sissy though. Does grizzly not have more nicotine? I thought coppenhagen and grizz were top two in terms of nicotine amount.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• Banned!
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2015, 03:31:19 AM »
I know smoking tobacco can lead to what's called "enzyme induction," which means that the tars in cigarette smoke cause the liver to express more of the oxidative enzymes needed to break down foreign substances in the body (in the case of smoking, it would be to oxidize the nasty tarry substances in cig smoke). When you have more of the oxidative enzymes "floating around" in your liver, you're going to be able to metabolize some drugs more quickly.

So smoking can lead to decreased effectiveness of some drugs. As for chewing, I think you might get the same if not more pronounced enzyme induction effect because it still contains the same stuff as tobacco which is smoked. Because the burning/smoking process doesn't create the tars - they are the natural plant resins already in the leaf.

But nicotine as a potentiator, that's a whole 'nother ball of wax. Certainly does enhance the effect of opiates for me. When I light up a cig after getting a satisfying hit of opiated goodness, it "ties the whole room together" in an expensive hand made oriental rug type of way. So I guess yes? Is that correct?
I love reading shit like that zoops. Thumbs up.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2015, 04:03:34 AM »
I have no idea I think its more of the flavor than the brand. People in oklahoma only give you shit if you chew the citrusy flavors or the cheapest cans of dip which when I was poor I would buy the cheapest can they had i didn't care if it was longhorn or what. Sorry for the confusion in my earlier post riddick I didn't mean it to sound derogatory to anyone i was just trying to explain what my peers growing up in oklahoma who dipped would say about things. They never though dipping skoal was sissy they just thought dipping citrus or berry blend was. but that was high school they would find anything they could to make fun of other people from what brand of clothes they had on to what kind of pop they drank. I am glad to see that i am not the only one who dips everyone I know here thinks its disgusting and is only for rednecks which I think is funny

Griffin

Griffin.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Morfy

• Free Falling Around The World
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 01:44:51 AM
  • Enjoying the stelliferous era--while it lasts
    • THE DRUGS AND USERS CHAT ROOM
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2015, 11:42:35 PM »
If its not been mentioned yet, nicotine activates both the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems.

They usually balance in a yin yang fashion, but both have nicotinic acetylcholine receptors at the post synaptic ganglion.

Some ppl say quitting nicotine is tougher than opiates, one can see that this is possible.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All matter is simply cooled and condensed energy.

• Banned!
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2015, 12:57:59 AM »
I have no idea I think its more of the flavor than the brand. People in oklahoma only give you shit if you chew the citrusy flavors or the cheapest cans of dip which when I was poor I would buy the cheapest can they had i didn't care if it was longhorn or what. Sorry for the confusion in my earlier post riddick I didn't mean it to sound derogatory to anyone i was just trying to explain what my peers growing up in oklahoma who dipped would say about things. They never though dipping skoal was sissy they just thought dipping citrus or berry blend was. but that was high school they would find anything they could to make fun of other people from what brand of clothes they had on to what kind of pop they drank. I am glad to see that i am not the only one who dips everyone I know here thinks its disgusting and is only for rednecks which I think is funny

Griffin

Griffin.
If my rednecks you mean ballers than ya
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions