dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Heartburn. whos got it  (Read 7602 times)

Offline Reezy (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Reezy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 20, 2018, 02:50:54 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Heartburn. whos got it
« on: September 28, 2015, 10:13:18 AM »
I've started getting heartburn latley and it tends to correspond with my drinking. I got out of jail and started drinking heavy and now i have heartburn like no other(probably not i'm only 22 so i hope for relief for those older)

This is kinda like a survey thing. I think alcohol is the main culprit and why so many people have heartburn. my mom doesnt drink and has no problem with it. my dad on the other hand......

basically i'm trying to see what are your experiences and if you drink or not.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

monkawat

Re: Heartburn. whos got it
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 10:19:47 AM »
I've started getting heartburn latley and it tends to correspond with my drinking. I got out of jail and started drinking heavy and now i have heartburn like no other(probably not i'm only 22 so i hope for relief for those older)

This is kinda like a survey thing. I think alcohol is the main culprit and why so many people have heartburn. my mom doesnt drink and has no problem with it. my dad on the other hand......

basically i'm trying to see what are your experiences and if you drink or not.

Nexium 40mg a day, works like a damn charm. Otc now too. Never had alcohol though so yeah..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mr.pooper

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Mr.pooper is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 26, 2022, 09:12:34 PM
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 10:36:25 AM »
Yup Alchohol gives me pretty bad heartburn too.

I've come to understand Alchohol is a carcinogen. Tobacco gives me horrible heart burn too (carcinogen).

I quit drinking beer daily and my heartburn stopped too. If I get heartburn usually tums clears it right up.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If only I had checked myself"
-Guy who wrecked himself

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 11:12:45 AM »
Really bad GERD since I'z a young teen.

If I got stuck somewhere remote for a length of time, and didn't have tums or any other stomach meds or relief of *some* kind, the pain would probably bring me to top myself -- it's truly that bad. Tums/rolaids and (some) H2 blockers or other stomach meds help a bit, but it's a really bad problem.

I've been scoped and treated for H. Pylori and all that, so far nothing has fixed it. Starting to think surgery is me only hope.

Sucks cos I do REALLY like spicy (esp. azn & mexi) food, but eating spicy food is like pouring Tabasco on an open wound, even with medication shit still hurts enough to make it a wicked drag.

No fun being a (self described) foody with a gut like this =/

Oh and I quit drinking years ago. I drink a rare beer here and there, but it really is rare. My stomach problems long pre-date any serious alcohol consumption.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:17:02 AM by Opus »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Opi-ette is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 05, 2021, 02:27:50 PM
  • “I can resist everything except temptation.”
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 05:18:10 AM »
Yes yes and yes. I'll start by saying that one of the symptoms of my disease is the muscle in my esoph doesn't work. So nothing really goes down unless I force it. Even still Omeprazole 40mg/day helps but I do get breakthrough sometimes. Doc explained it like this. Say he and I were to both hang upside down and we both took a drink of something. His esoph muscle would make it go down to his stomach and mine wouldn't.

Alcohol will shred the esoph. When I went through my divorce I suddenly had to find the bottom of a bottle of booze a day and get rip roaring drunk. To the point that I ended up with ulcers in the lining of my esoph. Doc said that can eventually turn into "Barretts disease" which left untreated will turn into cancer. Advised to have my esoph stretched which scares the daylights out of me.

Booze will rip apart any esoph though, not just mine. Try and get some good strong meds, you are too young to destroy it now. Please know I am NOT trying to freak you out and I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm just sharing to hopefully answer some questions and be helpful.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 05:56:20 AM »
ja, and drinking will exacerbate pretty much any intestinal issue.

I dont drink much at all anymore but I get raped by heartburn and nausea if I miss a meal. It hurts for me to be hungry, because acid gets produced when I do get hungry, and because of a hernia (atleast one) it hurts when the acid is produced.

nexium made my shit worse. itll do that for a small minority of people. I had the best experience with a (at the time new) medication called Dexilant.

with my situation, it doesnt seem to matter WHAT I eat. even if its just fries and a milkshake, it makes everything better. milk especially helps. water helps immediately but then as soon as it passes, makes it burn more for some reason.

go easy on the sauce. and if it still burns like hell even if you dont drink, see a doctor.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 07:47:55 AM »
I was wondering if people on MMT or anyone opiate dependent got heartburn frequently too. I have two huge bottles of tums one in my car and one by my bed but sense changing diet it hasn't been as bad. I get it occasionally when I eat the free pizza i get at my job i guess from the sauce sense i usually only put veggies and light cheese on it. I cut pop and junk food out 2 months ago and now I hardly ever get it which is nice. Even when I fall asleep with a dip in which happens like 3 times a week I don't get it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mr.pooper

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Mr.pooper is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 26, 2022, 09:12:34 PM
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 07:27:34 PM »
I was wondering if people on MMT or anyone opiate dependent got heartburn frequently too. I have two huge bottles of tums one in my car and one by my bed but sense changing diet it hasn't been as bad. I get it occasionally when I eat the free pizza i get at my job i guess from the sauce sense i usually only put veggies and light cheese on it. I cut pop and junk food out 2 months ago and now I hardly ever get it which is nice. Even when I fall asleep with a dip in which happens like 3 times a week I don't get it.

Food is a big one. Most people don't even eat real food anymore, but rather "food like" products. All the simple sugars and chemicals put in those "food like products" have so many adverse effects on humans.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If only I had checked myself"
-Guy who wrecked himself

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Opi-ette is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 05, 2021, 02:27:50 PM
  • “I can resist everything except temptation.”
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 10:32:11 PM »
ja, and drinking will exacerbate pretty much any intestinal issue.

I dont drink much at all anymore but I get raped by heartburn and nausea if I miss a meal. It hurts for me to be hungry, because acid gets produced when I do get hungry, and because of a hernia (atleast one) it hurts when the acid is produced.

nexium made my shit worse. itll do that for a small minority of people. I had the best experience with a (at the time new) medication called Dexilant.

with my situation, it doesnt seem to matter WHAT I eat. even if its just fries and a milkshake, it makes everything better. milk especially helps. water helps immediately but then as soon as it passes, makes it burn more for some reason.

go easy on the sauce. and if it still burns like hell even if you dont drink, see a doctor.

Milk works. 1/2&1/2 too, as it gives a nice extra coating, but milk products also encourage acid production too so those are mostly "omg I'm in agony and I'm out of everything else" remedies. For me anyway.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 08:13:12 AM by Chip »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 11:30:12 PM »
I mentioned this in a similar thread but what the hell:

FWIW Cimetidine  aka Tagamet treats hertburn AND is know to be an opiate (and other drug) potentiator. Two birds, one stone.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline ptbell

• Reputation Power: 2
  • ptbell is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 16, 2017, 10:49:51 PM
  • Our Community
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 11:44:59 AM »
Hell yeah, I'm on MM for years now and I've had heartburn off and on all the time I found a neat remedy. Papaya enzyme tablets, chew three to four and the burn disappears. They are sold with the vitamins in any grocery store. As far a the booze being a factor yeah it can effect heartburn, but its more likely the binge eating that goes along with drinking. Just my thought...Ohh and a tip Cinnamon capsules counteract the sweating from MM.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal