dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Is your doctor a moron?  (Read 52555 times)

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
Re: Is your doctor a moron?
« Reply #44 from previous page: May 23, 2016, 12:51:28 PM »
If you can, ask Zoops how he's feeling and how much of a difference it made... he just got on testosterone not too long ago. He's not on methadone's but does use opiates. He also got prescribed injections so you could maybe ask him if he said anything specific to get them?

You can definitely get prescribed vials and inject them yourself but I don't know how many months you're allowed to get. I would insist on the vials if it was me... although I've never tried the gel, I don't think it works nearly as well. Don't quote me on this but I don't think you can get your numbers much above 5-600 with the gel. Plus you have to apply it every day instead of weekly. If you do get the gel and don't get good results, definitely try the injectables before giving up.

From what you're saying, all the symptoms fit. I cannot stress strongly enough how much it helped me. It made a world of difference... took me from damn near suicidal to FUCK YEA! in one injection.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2016, 01:01:11 PM »
Thats what I am praying for, because like I said I am sleeping 18+ hours a day have zero energy motivation, i feel like I am super depressed without the suicidal hate myself depression, just like the symptoms of wanting to stay in bed all day but I am not necessarily sad. I mainly just want to not be fat anymore it's sad that the only reason I want to do drugs is so I can lose all this weight and look normal again, I don't have cravings but I have zero self esteem now, and the diet isn't helping and I am to tired and unmotivated to work out.

I made my school schedule have an 90 minutes in between classes where I am going to force myself to work out and try everything I can to build muscle and lose fat and pray that helps with my testosterone levels, strength, and weight. I am getting back into paintball too so that is 2 days a week of lots of exercise too. I just hope that the testosterone fills in the gap I am in and from what I have heard is that is what usually happens is people go from feeling like me to 100% pretty quickly.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2016, 01:55:13 PM »
I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt that working out or anything "natural" like that is going to make much of a difference in your test levels... personally I just didn't have the motivation or energy to even think about working out before I got on testosterone. After testosterone, I love walking my dogs. According to my phone, I average about 30,000 steps a day which is about 15 miles. I got myself going to the gym for a couple weeks a couple times and doing weight training but I haven't been able to make it a habit yet. I'm actually planning on going today or tomorrow to give it another go. It's actually really fun and helps me feel good about my body and relieve stress. I'm just lazy sometimes...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 01:58:11 PM by Guts »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2016, 05:02:53 PM »
So doctor who said he wasn't going to put me on it said he was going to wait until july and test me again and if they are still low then he will think about putting me on it, so I told him I got off done 2 weeks ago so that in july if its low he will put me on it. i have an appointment with my mmt doc tomorrow so i am praying that he will put me on it.

The funny thing about yesterday at my doc office was is that a girl who was in her early 20s looked totally fine, came out with 2 30mg adderall a day, 2 30mg roxies, 2mg klonopins, 1mg xanax, and soma's. It was rediculous hearing her story everytime I am at that doctor it is the same exact same thing since the walls are thin I can hear the other patients talking to him and my doctor is a pushover especially with girls. Every time I see him someone else comes up with the same story.

It was her first appointment and she was telling him how she did yoga and 2 years back pulled a hammy and since then has been on 3 30mg roxys since then so he gave her 90 30's and told her if she can drop it down to only taking 2 a day. Then he said the same thing with the adderal and then just wrote her the klonopin, xanax, adderal, and somas.

I was like wtf, I know he gave me 20 mgs opana and 2mg xanax the first time I went in but the next appt he dropped it to 10 and then 5 mg oxys and dropped the amount each time and I was off everything within 4 months. And for my xanax he dropped it to .5 then .25 and now gives me 30 of those and 30 1 mg ativan instead. I knew i should of pushed him harder and made him keep me on all of it. I came in with the I wanted to lower my dose story so he didn't think I was a drug seeker.

He didn't ask for med records and of course that girl didn't have any either. I swear every single appointment this guy just gives people whatever they want, the girl was saying she does yoga and running everyday and teaches a mountain climbing class and has never tried anything non-opiate or any kind of physical therapy and he still gave her everything and it pisses me off because I want my opanas .

I should of never played the I want to get better lie and just tried to get higher doses of everything. Even though I told him my history minus any addiction like I had to start with naproxen then flexeril and weekly shots in my neck, and PT and all of the other shit I had to do to get on opana and he kicked me off within 2 scripts. Every single time I go in there some person in the next room are all getting oxys, 2 mg xanax, and a bunch of other shit! its fucking bs that I tried to be honest and if i would of just forced it on him I would still be on all the good shit. F sexist docs
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2016, 08:56:56 AM »
Here is my stupid ass incoherent rant that hasn't had the spelling or grammar checked. Its about stupid people and how it is okay for people to do whatever drugs they want as long as its written by a doctor and if you use the same drug off the street you an animal who deserves to die or be put in a cage. I FUCKING HATE PEOPLE WHO ARE SO STUPID. I have nothing but the upmost sympathy for CPP but I do not think that gives them a free pass to shit on junkies for taking the same meds that make us be able to live happily. obviously non on here as they conversate with us and know the struggle but i hate hearing day after day about how junkies are ruining it for all of us in dire need. its not us its the fucking government and why the fuck shouldn't we be able to take it at will especially if it makes the difference in us getting out of bed in the morning and blowing our brains through the curtains and ceiling... heres a stupid rant from my day at the doctors yesterday its probably illegible but i don;t care. FUCK PEOPLE RIGHT NOW I HATE LIFE sometimes. I didn't use any grammar or spellcheck so thats theres that.

I find out today if my MMT doc is goign to put me on it*fingers Crossed* what makes me pissed about all this is that my other doc who said no to putting me on T again yesterday is a glorified pill pusheer I swear! His walls are very thin and I can hear everything the other said and its rediculous. He is always giving all kinds of shit out to people who odn't need it and doesn't care but since I played the I want to get bettter card her fucked me.

Now i know why there is such a problem with drugs in this country, i think the opiate emidemic is all hogwash but the fact we have dumbed down our society, glorified "legal" drug use, and advertise it 24/7 it has led to a dumb pussy footed american population in my opinion. Every time I go in there someone else is in the room next to mine is pouring their heart out while I eavesdrop for fun.

Every single person goes in asking for all the fun pills( they should all be legal anyway) My poor doc is to caring to do his profession now and lets everyone have what they want because he believes them and lets them talk and tell him the problem instead of spouting meds and giving them to them. He listens to your problems, suggests stuff, but then all these people bully him until he writes what they want. The people the past 6 months have been almost identical in what they asked for. They were brand new patients with no paper work or prescription history.

The Lady yesterday is my age or younger super fit and healthy. Tells him how she teaches yoga classes 2x a day and 2 rock climbing classes on top of a bunch of other stuff and then she lists off her meds she gets and needs like she is some dying patient. I swear when he kicks her off to a new clinic for not coming off those meds she is going to find a new doctor and then 5 years down the line she is going to be an awful person who says that "its all her doctors fault cause he didn't tell her already addicted ass she would be come an addict" that's what she will say

Then she will go on ot "I blame the doctors I was fine before they pushed those drugs down my throat and now I am a real pain sufferer how dare you take my meds away i need them ALL and I can't function because he lowered the doses on everything he wrote f. Even though if she kills over its going to be the doctors fault not hers because.

The lady yesterday was still able to walk out with 2 mg klonopins, 1 mg xanax, 500mg soma's. 30 mg adderalls, 40 mgs oxycodone, 10 mg vicodin, wellbutrin, and was asking about getting fentanyl as well. To me there is no difference than doing meth and heroin except its illegal and if they took the drug trade out of it you'd see the 10s of millions of people who do it all day every day legally aren't robbing people they are just fine on drugs and most people don't know they are on drugs till their doctor gets arrested.

We are a generation with a pill for everything we need a pill to wake you up, one to keep you awake, one to help you fall asleep, one to help keep you asleep, one to keep you sane, one to make you angry, one to help you pee, one to help you poop, one to get rid of sneezing, one to get rid of coughing, and one to end all mankind. ITS RIDICULOUS just give all these druggies there drugs and call it what it is, instead of persecuting the poor people while they are letting the rich go for doing the exact same thing its disgusting.

Nothing wrong would come from legalization except a few dumb ass people might have there feelings hurt cause nancy reagan said that it was gods message for us not to do drugs so they think that by doing drugs you are raping angels and killing babies. Drugs are made by god. so stop stigmatizing it and saying its only okay for the rich or for the people who have fake conditions just give it to whoever wants it and call it a damn day you fucking hypocrites!

I just want 10000 kilos of benzos and 10000 kilos of the best purest ecp and no financial worries and be left alone

Sorry there is my incohernet no grammartized or spellchecked rant
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2016, 11:23:08 AM »
So i saw my doctor today and he got a letter from medicaid saying that they need more info to cover it for me, they need him to send in my blood tests results about my liver function. Does anyone know why they'd need this? Since it is good should they cover me or not? It is really disappointing cause my doctor is gone next week so i'll have to wait 2 more weeks to see what they say if they will cover it or not and I am miserable. Any idea of what the costs of it would be without insurance or where I could find that information?

He said he would more than likely give me a cream but I forgot what the name of it was, it's not androgel its a generic name of a medication but it wasn't testosterone, any ideas of what it could be so I can call some pharmacies to get prices? I will get to ask him thursday probably, if medicaid denies covering it, will that make my doctor not prescribe it or is it up to him? I think he would either way. I hate this though i am depressed because i have zero energy and motivation and its fucking up my life.

I havent done my community service yet because i cant get out of bed so I might goto jail, i am having to completely force myself to do anything, and its fucking up my school work, i have zero motivation and lay in bed 23 hours a day and cant get up the motivation to do anything ever. I hate it my depression is getting worse and worse which is just adding to this plus knowing i might goto jail and have to kick again is making me anxious and just feel like shit. This is seriously fucking up my life and I am  losing it.

I will have some extra cash in about 2-3 weeks so if i haven't gotten it by then i am going to just pay one of those places that "specializes" in it, who are cash only and don't take insurance and seem like they are pill mills for testosterone hopefully they will give it to me.

I just scheduled an appointment at this place because they are offering a free consultation and blood work, and are $250 a month so I am going to see if they will give it to me unless my doctor can get medicaid to cover it then I won't need to pay out of pocket for it, but at least I can probably start it sooner than later. I am praying that this helps with what i am dealing with because it's definitely messing up my life. Has anyone been to a place like this?
http://lowtmedicalclinic.com/

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2016, 01:03:49 PM »
Thanks for all the help everyone, so I decided to go to the place that doesn't take insurance it cost 299 for 10 weeks of injections. It's worth it I go in every 5-10 weeks for blood or lab work, and they give me 10 weeks of injections at a time so its not that bad. I find out next week if the cream will be covered by my insurance or not. My methadone doctor sent in all the paper work for it and if they will cover it he said he would give me a prescription for it with as many refills as he can, so if I can't afford the injections at any point I can just use the cream.

Unfortunately I have to go back tomorrow to get my shots because my card declined because I had to buy a $120 calculator for math yesterday and couldn't put in on my school bill cause it was $40 cheaper at walmart. So if anyone is curious I will let you know if it helps me at all and all that stuff, the doc said she wants to get my testosterone levels within 700-900 they are at 360 right now. I would be surprised if it doesn't help me I am praying that it helps me stop being fat and gives me back my energy/motivation/focus.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2016, 05:26:16 PM »
Thanks for all the help everyone, so I decided to go to the place that doesn't take insurance it cost 299 for 10 weeks of injections. It's worth it I go in every 5-10 weeks for blood or lab work, and they give me 10 weeks of injections at a time so its not that bad. I find out next week if the cream will be covered by my insurance or not. My methadone doctor sent in all the paper work for it and if they will cover it he said he would give me a prescription for it with as many refills as he can, so if I can't afford the injections at any point I can just use the cream.

Unfortunately I have to go back tomorrow to get my shots because my card declined because I had to buy a $120 calculator for math yesterday and couldn't put in on my school bill cause it was $40 cheaper at walmart. So if anyone is curious I will let you know if it helps me at all and all that stuff, the doc said she wants to get my testosterone levels within 700-900 they are at 360 right now. I would be surprised if it doesn't help me I am praying that it helps me stop being fat and gives me back my energy/motivation/focus.

Interesting. What, exactly did they give you to inject? How many injections per week?

The buprenorphine screwed with my T levels and I put on weight, had no energy, no libido, etc. etc. Finally saw an endocrinologist who has me using Androgel approx 40.5 mg topically per day. It ain't cheap but my insurance covers it...but refuses to give me more than 30 days worth at a time, which means I will run out of it and most of my other various prescriptions (including buprenorphine) while I am here in Colombia. Fortunately, I can buy almost all of them OTC including shots of T. The bupe I always have enough squirreled away, otherwise, trips like this would be almost impossible.

My  doc Ok'ed me buying the injectable ampoules while here but only wanted me to take 100mg every 2 weeks. The pharmacists here don't have ampoules that small and said I should take 250mg about once a week anyway. I could have bought a large bottle and measured out 100mg per shot but, well, fuck it. I'll try that. The gel never felt adequate anyway and the absobtion is irregular.

FWIW it is about $6 for a pre-loaded factory sealed syringe.

Contact me by email if you want to talk specifics.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 05:30:42 PM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2016, 06:42:09 PM »
It's one injection per week just a regular muscle injection so I'll probably inject them into one of my ass cheeks. I will know exactly how much and what tomorrow when I get them I think it is 250 mg/ml of either testosterone cypionate or testosterone enanthate and I am supposed to inject one ml each week. I could be wrong on the dose I will post when I get them tomorrow I can take a picture if you'd like its just little glass vials. How much do bodybuilders take?

Damn man $6 that is 1/5 of the price here, I am quite jealous! Keep the stories coming too man I couldn't imagine how awesome that is, I have never been a coke guy, done it probably 10x in my life, but I think that is because I have never had good stuff, every single time I get sick like I am allergic to a cut in it, it makes everywhere it touched itch like crazy for 3-4 days my inner ear and my throat and inside my nose it is horrible and I usually end up with cellulitis in my nose. I could see how I could take it to far if was good tho.

Is this what every body else gets take home injections? I much prefer this than having to drive there once a week since my car doesn't have ac. They don't prescribe the creams or gels anymore only do the shots and my doc is a midwife who does hormonal therapy and weightless part time, she seems really cool. She made it sound like I should feel much better than normal and have quite a pep in my step from the injections, which I thought was awesome.

My uncle switched to the injections because he said the cream didn't work at all, and he hated the smell and putting it on. My doc made it seem like I should have no problem losing the weight, gaining muscle, having more confidence, and having more energy and better concentration. I kind of thought she was selling it on me but I have heard from quite a few people that is what happens, that would be awesome!!

I am thinking about growing my hair out again... is 26 to old to have long hair? i haven't cut it in 9 months so it comes to my chin in the front and to my shoulders in the back, but i don't consider that long, it used to be past my sternum and I kind of miss the look and the chicks who dug it, plus it covers up my lazy eye more and distracts people from it a bit. nothing like giving everyone the ed sheeran stink eye 24/7.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2016, 01:30:57 AM »
Hey, Griffin!  So glad to hear that you will finally be starting your testosterone treatment!  I would bet any amount that you will feel completely different in a few weeks!  Methadone does have a way of screwing with hormone levels, but if you can mitigate the side effects of MMT, it makes treatment (and life!) that much easier!

Now, for your question about long hair....I tend to prefer guys with short hair or shaved heads, but that is me.  Long hair can look good and you are young enough to pull it off.  I find that most men when they hit around thirty-five, if they are still sporting long hair, tend to look older..as if they are trying to look young, but don't!  There are always exceptions, tho!

Just something to think about..You said you like your hair long because it covers your lazy eye.  I find that, for the most part, when people try to disguise things, they are actually drawing more attention to it.  Like when people cake on make-up to cover a zit..then all you notice is the zit because the make-up makes it stand out more!  Don't worry about your eye!  yOU ARE AN AWESOME GUY! Don't worry about it!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Griffin

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2016, 08:18:10 AM »
Your so sweet lolleedee! Yeah I know what you mean, I think i am going to grow it until it becomes a hassle just to see if I like it. Hopefully if i start feeling better I am going to start working out too, I made my school schedule so that I have a 1.5 hrs between my classes so that I would use the gym there I just haven't had the energy or motivation to see it through.

Oh yeah I didn't tell the doc about the methadone usage when she asked about daily meds, should I? I hate that I feel I have to hide it but I am not about to educate another doc about it just to get told to get off of it and my t levels should be fine. I don't think she will drug test me or anything like that or that it will come up in a blood panel lab but just thought i'd ask the brain trust.

This doc seems really cool and nice, so i doubt she would care but you never know, and like I said before they seem like a for profit pill mill for testosterone. They don't take insurance, and they also do weight loss stuff and vitamin injections. She seemed like she was giving it to anyone who paid and that you should feel better than normal with a lot more energy and confidence etc but she could of just been trying to sell me. Either way I just don't want that to backfire on me.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 08:33:20 AM by Griffin »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2016, 04:01:29 PM »
Deadcat they are 200 mg/ml and one ml shots. So i am dumb and have never done an IM shot before and they said the easiest and least painful is injecting in the ass, well i have no muscle on my ass, if anyone has seen that episode of king of the hill where he has to get ass pads that is me, i have a bit of fat covering up my tail bone but that is it.

Add that to having parkinsons like tremors, and no flexibility equals me missing the shot and having the $30 of testosterones come out of my ass cheek when I pulled the syringe out. It is an inch and half syringe so I thought I'd be good since I was all the way in but since I could barely reach it and my hands were shaking I probably pulled out of the muscle.

I didn't have any burning, warmth, or anything like that after so I assume i am fine when it comes to getting an abscess. Is there anything I need to look out for just to make sure I don't get one? I assume having an access on your ass would be the worst place possible for one. The placebo effect is helping me though :) I doubt I lost all of it but I probably lost at least half if not most of it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2016, 12:20:00 AM »
Deadcat they are 200 mg/ml and one ml shots. So i am dumb and have never done an IM shot before and they said the easiest and least painful is injecting in the ass, well i have no muscle on my ass, if anyone has seen that episode of king of the hill where he has to get ass pads that is me, i have a bit of fat covering up my tail bone but that is it.

Add that to having parkinsons like tremors, and no flexibility equals me missing the shot and having the $30 of testosterones come out of my ass cheek when I pulled the syringe out. It is an inch and half syringe so I thought I'd be good since I was all the way in but since I could barely reach it and my hands were shaking I probably pulled out of the muscle.

I didn't have any burning, warmth, or anything like that after so I assume i am fine when it comes to getting an abscess. Is there anything I need to look out for just to make sure I don't get one? I assume having an access on your ass would be the worst place possible for one. The placebo effect is helping me though :) I doubt I lost all of it but I probably lost at least half if not most of it.

Griffin, spend a few minutes on IM injection sites and safety. If you are getting pre-loaded sure-lock type syringe and needles they are sterile and as long as you do the alchohol swab at the injection site and get the needle all the way into muscle where there is good blood flow (but not a vein or artery) an abcess is very unlikely.

Don't expect immediate benefits. Add excercise even walking and your body, and outlook will improve more quickly.

As far as long hair goes, I prefer it on myself and I'm almost twice your age. The best thing to do is to at least once find an experienced stylist and ask him/her what length and cut best compliments your face. Don't go some "Super Cuts" rookie fresh from barber school kid. Once you know what works you can go in for trims for less money.

Yeah, it may sound a little girly for a man to do that but an objective opinion from a experienced professional who's been cutting hair since the 70's will help with self-esteem along with the T.  It isn't fair or right but people do make judgements about you based on your appearance.

Either way, it's hair. If you don't like it it'll grow more and you can try again. You have your whole life or until you lose it to deal wth it.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 12:35:02 AM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2016, 09:54:17 AM »
Thanks dc I did and watched a few videos, I don't think it will be a problem when I do it in my thigh, but everyone says that hurts the most but I don't really care since it's the easiest. So my doctor doesn't take insurance but she told me that they will give me all the paper work I need if I want to claim it or try to get it covered. Anyone have experience with this? Do they sometimes only cover part of it, or all of it and how do they make the determination to cover it.

I assume that if they send my MMT doctor a letter saying they will cover the cream then they shouldn't have a problem covering the injections right? Any info on this would be helpful I have medicaid if that makes a difference. Has anyone else tried this? I assume she will just give me the bill or paperwork and I send it in and if they do cover it they will just reimburse me, or pay the doctor is that about right? Why wouldn't a doctor take insurance?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2016, 12:20:45 PM »
I have an appointment tomorrow with my testosterone doctor and they are doing blood work to see if my T levels rose. In my first appointment last month my doc asked if I took any meds or anything daily and I told her no because I didn't want to be judged or denied for being on MMT. Being on methadone is the reason my gp didn't prescribe testosterone for me. I want to tell my test doc because she seems cool and I hate that I have to lie about it but I fear that if I do she will kick me out because she's worried about giving me syringes or will treat me completely different.

Do you guys think that she will be able to see or look to see if I am on methadone from the blood work tomorrow? It'd suck for her to find out from that. Wouldn't she have to pay extra to test for that kind of stuff? I know they have to test for a ton of things like sugar levels, and how my kidney and liver are doing along with everything else. So should I tell her or keep it to myself and hope for the best, I hate lying about it but I don't want to be treated like shit for being on it either.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2016, 09:12:21 PM »
Have you guys made a decision that you immediately regretted after but too late to change it? That was me today, when i told my doctor I was getting back on MMT. He told me I can now only have one of my benzo scripts since I'm on methadone again. Even though I was getting both benzo scripts for the past 3 years the whole time I have been on MMT.

This is the same doctor that wouldn't prescribe me testosterone unless I quit methadone. He said that after i have been off done for 3 months and if my test levels are still low that he would consider putting me on testosterone and medicaid would cover it, so it'd cost $1 per month instead of $160/month. So I told him I quit when he said that to see if he would put me on it after 3 months of low levels after I have been off methadone for 2 month. And that after 2-6 months of being completely off methadone and if my levels are low still at that point then he'd prescribe the testosterone for me.

So I lied and told that doctor I got off of methadone when he told me that he won't prescribe me testosterone until I had been 2-6 months off MMT with low levels then. Even though I hadn't actually quit.

Then of course since my counselor quit and my new counselor is the dickhead clinic coordinator who is huge prick, had to re-fax all my paper work telling him I was on it even though my last counselor already did that a few months ago but my new counselor couldn't find that paper work showing it'd already been done so he faxed the doc telling him I was on methadone today before my appointment. So I told him I got back on it, since he had got the fax telling him I was back on done.

So the benzo doctor said okay well I am taking one of your benzos scripts away since your back on methadone which one do you want 1mg ativan or 0.25mg xanax. Without thinking about it I choose xanax thinking it's a better rush not thinking that the ativan would of given me 4x as many doses than the xanax since they were scripts for 30. I chose getting .25 xanax over 1 mg ativan cause I figured I'd get a better high with the xanax.

After I decided and told him because it was an on the spot question that needed an immediate answer, I realized that I have been taking 5mgs of ativan for 4mgs of xanax, so instead of getting 30 1 mg of ativan I choose 30 0.25mg xanax, meaning I could of got 6 doses of the ativan instead i chose 2 doses of xanax,

Then after that the doc decided to change it to 60 instead of 30 so instead of getting 12 doses of ativan I got a bit less than 4 doses of xanax.... It was an on the spot question and my train of thought was I get a tiny rush with the xanax so thats why I said that and instantly regretted after saying that cause I could of gotten high 8 more times if I wasn't an idiot hopefully he lets me switch to ativan and keep getting 60 a month.

Hopefully he lets me keep 60 next month and that he lets me switch to ativan, anything else I should shoot for what would be the best bang for the bakc 60 mgs of ativan, 60 .25 xanax, or try for somthing else. I feel like I def should of picked xanax but would like some imput cause i feel like i just jipped myself out of 8.5 doses. which is kind of breaking my heart.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions