dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: a Random Collection of News about Supervised Drug Injection Rooms  (Read 5703 times)

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:59:26 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:32:58 PM by Chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline dillydudeEL14

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • dillydudeEL14 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 28, 2022, 10:18:52 AM
  • HR Networking
Re: a Random Collection of News about Supervised Drug Injection Rooms
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 06:38:06 AM »
I just don’t get America’s apprehension about injectingsites. I guess they’re afraid that it will be seen as encouraging and permitting drug use, but it’s not as if the current strategy of criminalizing it and offering only abstinence or methadone/bupe maintenance has been successful. I just really don’t get it. I know I’m preaching to the choir here on this website, but it just seems soooo stupid. The relapse rate of opioid use is so sky high that multiple attempts at rehab with relapses that make the addicts lose everything or even die is just so counter productive to addicts being able to lead decent lives which in turn will lessen the burden on society that is caused by addicts.

I just don’t understand why drug of choice maintenance is so aversive to the public but methadone and bupe is ok. It’s literally no different. The addicts are still hooked and still using they just are forced to use stuff that they don’t like as much which increases the likelihood that they will use street drugs on top of their dose. I swear though whichever politician finally pushes this through (if it ever happens ) will get to take credit for probably the most meaningful solution to the opioid epidemic. If it works like it has in the other countries that have done it at least. I can’t believe that there isn’t even one mainstream politician who has realized this and tried to get it done even if only for personal recognition.

I’ve been watching the intervention series on heroin lately called the heroin triangle and it just seems so cruel and inhuman how they basically tell the addicts families to fuck their lives up so bad that they get coerced into treatment. The shit really pisses me off like I wanna fuckin see the assholes leading the intervention have some really bad shit happen to them and they act so superior I just hate their friggin guts lol.  They of all people should know that when addicts are forced into treatment that it’s destined to fail. Rehab really is a waste of time and money unless the addict truly wants to get clean and even still it fails a lot. That’s why I gave up trying to get clean and I’m thankful that I’m able to maintain on my pain meds. But that’s a largely imperfect solution because I can’t get more meds as I need them like I would be able to if I was on methadone.  But I’ve withdrawn enough times with treatment and without that I know how it is gonna go for me every time. I get through the physical and then I just can’t stand the mental ups and downs, the loneliness and feelings of dissatisfaction that I always go back to using just to keep myself in a “stable” state. Maybe some day I will truly be sick of it and want to get clean for good, but for now I’m just not ready.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:59:26 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: a Random Collection of News about Supervised Drug Injection Rooms
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 05:18:19 PM »
i know, we just don't understand them and they don't understand us.

they don't see the whole addiction trip as the irreverible fixation that it is and how that sends you to places that were never an option.

why not give addicts a chance to work through their chemical love ?

give them a place to have as much as they want, without the reaching, the chase, the fear, the judgement, the punishment, the shame, the fucked up dealers, the crime, the sickness, the sacrifices, the isolation, the cravings, the poverty, the games, the short windows of time, the doubt, the fear, the loss of any future, plans and dreams the ... I could go on all night.

if you want to put somebody off ANYTHING then feed them large amounts of the same yummy stuff until they lose interest.

yes, you can't really hope to mature out of addiction or consider alternatives whilst you never get your fill and always on the hunt, on the clock.

if they opened a free Heroin shop down the road to me then i still couldn't be tempted.

if they opened a free Meth shop down the road then i would be able to plan, lose the fear, feel secure, work with it and most of all, never get exploited aquiring it.

but fuck Meth, that's a scary proposition but with opiates, it's a NO BRAINER !
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 04:44:50 AM by Chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions