dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: OTC Cough Syrup From China Recalled: Has MORPHINE In It (Fuck, I Missed It!)  (Read 7312 times)

Offline Morfy (OP)

• Free Falling Around The World
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 01:44:51 AM
  • Enjoying the stelliferous era--while it lasts
    • THE DRUGS AND USERS CHAT ROOM

Well Great,

Some over the counter, licorice-flavored cough syrup from China was pulled from the market, it was found to contain....MORPHINE.

Fuck me.  I wish I had know about this before it was pulled from the shelves--and the internet (yes, I checked before posting this).

Oh well, you never know with Chinese products.....There's probably Heroin in that Jasmine Soap from China, so I guess the take-home message is: start shooting up everything you have that was made in China!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All matter is simply cooled and condensed energy.

Z

Yeah, it seems like it all has either heroin or melamine in it.  That's a roll of the dice that sounds like a chance worth taking.

Do you remember when the company that made Opana recalled a bunch of OTC meds because their packaging equipment had made an error and put Opana into Tylenol bottles and other products of the sort?  That is a bottle of tylenol I would buy any day.  If I opened it and found it full of Opana I would have gone back and bought out their stock of that type.  I would have driven to every store in North America and bought their stock.  Dreamy shit right there man!

This event right here:
The Food and Drug Administration warned of potential mix-ups involving certain prescription pain pills and over-the-counter medicines that were made at a Novartis  AG manufacturing plant in Nebraska Novartis is recalling 1,645 lots of its Excedrin, NoDoz, Bufferin and Gas-X medicines because the products could contain stray capsules or caplets from other products.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
I wish I had some spiffy thing to say but i'm just going to type what came into my head when I opened this thread:

That's Awesome!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
You remember J Collis Brown's mixture from across the pond,right?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
I'll take 2 pallets!

I'm just happy to live in a state where codeine can be OTC. I bought a bottle of Cheratussin AC last week for my mom over the counter. (it has codeine in it).

What's the A in the AC stand for?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline jonnyr3b

• SA_Chat+
  • Tech
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • jonnyr3b is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2019, 09:53:44 PM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
I'll take 2 pallets!

I'm just happy to live in a state where codeine can be OTC. I bought a bottle of Cheratussin AC last week for my mom over the counter. (it has codeine in it).

What's the A in the AC stand for?

probably acetaminophen
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
No, the "AC" cough syrups, the most famous being Robitussin AC, all contain a standard formulation of codeine and guaifenesin (an expectorant). Don't know what the "A" stands for, except maybe the "C" isn't for codeine and it's "anti-cough?" Maybe?

I used to buy a bottle of Guaiatuss AC every 2 days from an all night CVS in Richmond when I was in school there. The law says you can only buy 250mg of a codeine-containing product every 48 hours, and this one old pharmacist would let me buy it every 2 days from him, while he was working the graveyard shift.

Shit would give me a slight high (probably wouldn't even notice it now, except if I was sick), but they sweeten it with sorbitol, and as you all know that's a pretty good laxative. So, codeine buzz and Hershey squirts - I'll pass on it today.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Reezy

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Reezy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 20, 2018, 02:50:54 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Every time I've tried they said either they don't sell it or "its prescription only"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
China creeps me the fuck out. I've sen here and other places that they have initiated a new FaceBoook -like program that monitors your posts, spending , saving and reading (etc) habits to give you a "citizen score" not unlike athe crredit scores that we have here. "Good" citizens (those who folllow the party line most get high scores, independent  typs get low scores. Not only that, your 'friends' scores affect your score so you could be an "A-1  good citizen" but if your friends aren't they drag your score down.

It is voluntary now but participation will be mandatory by 2020 IIRC.

I've also read that people are drug tested by the governement completely at random. They will lock up a bar or club or pick people off the street at random and give them all UAs.  People who test positive w/o a doctor's note go to jail. This happened not too long ago when it was found a resteraunt was grinding poppy pods into its meals to encourage repeat customers. Some were tested and even thouguh they had no idea there were opiates in their food they went to jail.

China. One place Ihave no interest in visiting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Morfy (OP)

• Free Falling Around The World
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 01:44:51 AM
  • Enjoying the stelliferous era--while it lasts
    • THE DRUGS AND USERS CHAT ROOM

Yeah, China is strange, like North Korea Light.

Talk to any Chinese here in the US about Tienanmen Square, and they're like: "Yes, it is a tourist attraction in Beijing." They have no idea about what happened there a decade ago.  Even GOOGLE (syccophants) have a special deal with China, they filter certain results in order to be open to Chinese.

That and the lack of an FDA equivalent: let's just shove melamine in Baby Formula and Heparin to boost the apparent protein levels--who cares if it kills patients, we made our profit!!

Yeah, when you look at China, you wonder what is being hidden from us in our respective countries.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All matter is simply cooled and condensed energy.

Offline EMC

• Reputation Power: 5
  • EMC is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 09, 2023, 12:29:02 PM
Damn. I live in China. I should see if I can find this on the domestic market.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal