dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Does anyone know what year Opiophile launched?  (Read 4587 times)

Offline Opi-ette (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Opi-ette is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 05, 2021, 02:27:50 PM
  • “I can resist everything except temptation.”
Does anyone know what year Opiophile launched?
« on: June 09, 2018, 10:35:58 PM »
Hey everyone as the title says does anyone know the year? Does 2004 sound right?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Joseph Hopeless

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Joseph Hopeless is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 19, 2021, 11:21:34 AM
  • keeping users safe and informed
Re: Does anyone know what year Opiophile launched?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 12:36:17 AM »
Yeah the earliest guy I remember is “paregoric kid” and he was late 04.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Hey! Wait! I got a new complaint!

Offline Opi-ette (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 01:36:38 AM »
Thanks Joseph Hopeless...you just confirmed my inkling.

I was messing around on google and came across a study regarding lope....they used the phile to gather data. They did so "anonymously" but I knew between the quotes they posted (usernames deleted) that sounded like us and the launch year it had to opi. They also picked opi because we are heavily opiate based discussion (I guess the web name clued them in :P) Really crazy. I'll try and find the link so you guys can see for yourselves.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 02:27:58 AM »
 i guess i was in pretty early then, 2005 sometime.  i always assumed the site had been there for years.  felt like a year till finally i got in.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opi-ette (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 06:26:43 AM »
I found the link. Its really weird that they picked phile for a "web based study". We are lab rats :p

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3633632/

I'm not going to copy/paste the entire page but for those who would like to reminisce, I copied the bit where they quoted us discussing lope usage:

Use to self-treat withdrawal symptoms:
 “Back in the day when I would run out of pills early, I would take 8–10 lopermide tabs and get some pretty good relief from withdrawal.”
 “If you take a shitload of lope [loperamide] like 10–20 pills at once in withdrawal, you’ll get relief from some of the physical symptoms. I’m not sure exactly how it works, but it’s definitely more than just relieving the GI [gastro-intestinal] symptoms. I’m guessing if you just bombard your blood with it, some of it has to make it through? Not sure.”
 “Loperamide alone is enough to keep me well without being miserable, If I megadose.”
 “But I just wanted to tell you that loperamide WILL WORK. I take 105 mg of methadone per day, and recently have been running out early due to a renewed interest in IVing [intravenous use] that shit. 200mg of lope (100 pills) will make me almost 100 [%] again. It brings the sickness down to the level of, say, a minor flu. Sleep returns, restlessness dissipates. Sometimes a mild ‘opiation’ is felt.”
 “So you just stick with it. Don’t go and score big with your next paycheck. Overcome the need to make everything numb. Learn to live with normality for a while. It’ll all seem worthwhile soon enough. Go for a walk. Get out of the house. Go grab some loperamide from the store, the desperate junky’s methadone.”
Use to get high:
 Post A: “F… taking diarrhea medicine to get high! If it was possible to get high off Imodium it would be illegal like all the other good drugs. C’mon guys just go buy some real drugs and stop wasting your time. It ain’t gonna work.”
 Reply to post A: “Man, don’t be so negative. Are you going through WD [withdrawals]? Just because it’s legal doesn’t mean there’s no potential… It doesn’t hurt to try….”
Side-effects:
 “I used to sing the praises of loperamide….and still do, as a short term stand-by until you can score. Long term maintenance… it really wears you out, starts to feel “toxic” though I doubt it actually is toxic… After a few days I would get severely dehydrated because it makes me lose all thirst … my stomach feels like I took a strong stimulant, eating is basically impossible, constipation is surprisingly not bad but still there…”
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal