dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

• Men Only Thread +plus a POLL for a Men's Only Board 5 0 10 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: Men Only Thread +plus a POLL for a Men's Only Board  (Read 19260 times)

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
Re: Men Only Thread +plus a POLL for a Men's Only Board
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 01:09:16 PM »
Can't we find something better to talk about than women who like to pop our zits? I mean COME ON! That's nuckin' fasty!

I use plain old Safeway brand double blade disposable joints and Nivea Men Sensitive Skin shave cream. Comes in a metal tube, like toothpaste but only a metal tube. Those Krauts really know how to make shaving products! I find that the shave is in the cream that you use, not the particular shaving implement that you use.

Why, when I was in prison, they used to sell these shitty little Bic single blade joints for $0.30 each. And the only shave cream available was some stuff that was just like the Nivea Sensitive Skin cream that I currently use, except it came in a plastic tube (comprised mostly of straight stearic acid). Really thick, white stuff. You only need like a dab the size of two peas to cover your whole face. That's some of the best shaves I ever had, and still with the Nivea stuff I currently use.

So, dudes, what about those crazy womenfolk? Huh? What's their fuckin deal? Can't figger 'em out to save my life.

Yeah, Hero, I feel ya there. I hooked up with this totally crazy slutty woman on Plenty of Fish last year, and after we had sex, she said, "hey let me look at your asshole." I was like "uh, no!" (I know I saw yours when were doing it doggy but still, that's flimmits!)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:13:19 PM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Illadelph215

• Whiskey bent and hellbound
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 28, 2022, 06:21:24 PM
  • Our Community
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 01:21:35 PM »
Can't we find something better to talk about than women who like to pop our zits? I mean COME ON! That's nuckin' fasty!

I use plain old Safeway brand double blade disposable joints and Nivea Men Sensitive Skin shave cream. Comes in a metal tube, like toothpaste but only a metal tube. Those Krauts really know how to make shaving products! I find that the shave is in the cream that you use, not the particular shaving implement that you use.

Why, when I was in prison, they used to sell these shitty little Bic single blade joints for $0.30 each. And the only shave cream available was some stuff that was just like the Nivea Sensitive Skin cream that I currently use, except it came in a plastic tube (comprised mostly of straight stearic acid). Really thick, white stuff. You only need like a dab the size of two peas to cover your whole face. That's some of the best shaves I ever had, and still with the Nivea stuff I currently use.

So, dudes, what about those crazy womenfolk? Huh? What's their fuckin deal? Can't figger 'em out to save my life.

Yeah, Hero, I feel ya there. I hooked up with this totally crazy slutty woman on Plenty of Fish last year, and after we had sex, she said, "hey let me look at your asshole." I was like "uh, no!" (I know I saw yours when were doing it doggy but still, that's flimmits!)
Heyyy easy zoops just trying to bring our bro only zone in with a bang lol no need to get your panties in a bundle. But yea women be crazy these days I don't know everyone here that well yet but it seems like Hero mind have the biggest understanding or at least most knowledge into sustaining quite the relationship. Haven't been to the women's thread yet, didn't even think about it. Prolly never will but who knows what's going on up in there. Maybe lots of talk on kitten mittens, glitter, and puppy videos I suppose. But on a serious note I think both threads are cool and each sex will hopefully gain from the environment may it be knowledge, jokes, or help digging into the jigsaw puzzle of the opposite sex. Either way this site is really opening up and I think it will just get better and more interesting as it goes with the wide variety of similar yet different good people that are on this forum.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There is no future, there is no past. In the present, nothing lasts.

Z

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 03:52:06 PM »
I use a rusty bowie knife.  Dry.  Get on my level guys.

In reality I barely have a beard even though I'm in my mid 30s.  I shave twice a week with whatever and it seems to work.  A guy I work with shaves with hair clippers for that rough look.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anti-hero (OP)

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 04:26:40 PM »
I'm just winging it when it comes to  long term relationships.
If I don't get another guy to talk to.
Ya know mansplaining things to me. I really hate that term and think it's hate talk.
I don't want a password as code for misogyny.
Like I said would like to ask about my dingle berrys.

Like when I was in the hospital this female doctor wanted to examine me by her self. I was like no you need to get a male nurse.

Don't know why Its taboo to asked to be treated equal. I think everyone should be. Just cause some corporate asshat makes the rules doesn't mean I gotta give up my self respect.

I grew up with out a dad so guy talk. There are some younger guys who want to know how to go about things and not have to expose there self.

Any how, Using duct tape is great for cleaning your pours. Put on your nose and peal off
Ya know if I had a little boy I don't think I would let them circomsize the little guy
Cause it's like piercing ears something that they can do later in life. I don't want to make that choice for them.

So hope all you guys are ok.
Best hero

@Illiadelph
Yea the only reason I have been in a relationship so long is mostly her so thanks for the props.
Just not me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline Elevated

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Elevated is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 26, 2016, 11:16:17 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 06:28:44 PM »
So, what do you guys use to shave?  I used to buy a store version (knock-off) of the Mach 3 until the store decided to make a subtle change that made the cartridges tough to clean yet easy to clog.  Sadly, it appeared to be a money-grab; the old handle was no longer available and of course, the new cartridges weren't compatible with the original handle.  So the store figured they could sell every customer a new handle/starter set if they implemented a sudden redesign.

It's been a year or two since the redesign, and I've been buying a few different disposable razors.  Some are better than others, but I haven't yet found a go-to blade. 

I love the concept of The Dollar Shave Club, but I hate the fact that they plan to charge my debit card each month.  It's cheap as hell, but I have ADHD and prefer to pay my bills manually, and purchase my razors in bulk (if possible).  Since that's not really an option, those cheap razors wouldn't be so economical if I ever forget to keep money in the checking account come billing time, due to overdraft fees.  This was one situation where I wish I still used credit cards.

My other idea is switching to a safety razor.  Among the over-priced cartridge refill packs, most stores also offer a brand or two of safety razor (refill) blades.  The price tag?  $2-4!  Unfortunately, few stores carry handles for the safety razors.  I think Walmart has a Pawn Stars endorsed handle and stand (which seemed silly to me, the endorsement, that is) for $19.99, and I think one other store sold a very similar looking handle (no stand and no silly PS endorsement) for the same price.

So, guys... what do you use?  Any input for me?  3-blade razors seem to be best for my shaving habits; I shave my face almost every day and under my arms, between my legs and sometimes my chest and stomach (if it matters).  I know my T-levels are currently down as the body hair is a lot thinner and slower growing lately.  But that's a story for a different time/place!

Blegh, I hate shaving - but when I let it get too long, it just gets harder to shave.  I usually just use cheapo disposables.  I've got a nice electric shaver, but it seems to take longer if I'm trying to get a real close shave like I would with a disposable. 

I usually don't even use shaving cream unless it's really long or I don't have a sharp blade.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Elevated

• Our Community Board
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 06:32:48 PM »
Ya know if I had a little boy I don't think I would let them circomsize the little guy
Cause it's like piercing ears something that they can do later in life. I don't want to make that choice for them.

Yeah, I was circumcised, so I'm probably biased a bit.  The only reason I could see for having it done when you're a baby is the pain factor - I mean, I don't remember it at all - I assume most people wouldn't.

However, if I wasn't circumcised at this point - I highly doubt I'd go through with the procedure unless there was a medical reason for it.  I just imagine it to be too painful.

Maybe someone who got circumcised later in life can weigh in here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mr.Apothecary

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Mr.Apothecary is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 07, 2015, 03:31:03 PM
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2015, 07:52:59 PM »
I forgot to mention that I also use hair clippers to maintain my side burns.  My hair is sandy blond but my facial hair comes in light blond, brown, and red.  I've never actually tried growing a 'stache, goatee, chin strap, or anything other than side burns.  I've tried those super thin, short ones but the color is too light to show up. Right now, I have some thick 'burns down to my jawline.  I also have high cheek bones (that I don't like), so I grow them out kind of wide to compliment the shape of my face.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2015, 08:28:57 PM »
I am circumcised, but my boys aren't.  When I was born the argument was for cleanliness, but that is clearly fallacious.

I have been asked by each of them separately why our penii look different while having pee races.  None of them understood.  Your daddy cut off part of your penis?  It doesn't really make much sense to me when I really think about it.

My wife on the other hand has never been with an uncircumcised guy.  Funny how it seemed to be a specific generational thing.

My thoughts are that if they want to modify their genitalia they can do it themselves.  It's not my business or place to say what's right and wrong for them.  Blank canvas of sorts.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:31:19 PM by Z »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2015, 09:26:43 PM »
I use the Schick Hydro 5 Sensitive razor cartridges. 

For cream, I either use Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel or C. O. Bigelow's (made by Proraso, an Italian company) Shave Cream. 

You can buy the razors and the Aveeno cream at any grocery / big box store.  The C. O. Bigelow cream can be bought at Bath and Body Works.  It's really not expensive, a little goes a long way, and it lasts a long time.  Very good lather, and it has peppermint oil in it to calm the skin. 

I hate shaving too.  If I could, I'd have permanent hair removal on my face (and other areas).  I can't grow a full beard either, which is a bonus IMO.  I usually shave once a week.  I did today, for example.  I won't shave again until next Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on my appointments (I have to go somewhere three days in a row next week, which sucks). 

I use a new razor cartridge each time.  Yes, you can reuse them obviously, but I find they dull even after one use.  I get a closer, less irritated shave if I use a new one.  Since I only shave 4 times a month, it's not that bad. 

For the first three days after I shave, you can't really tell.  The hair growing back is fine and a light blond.  It doesn't start to get darker until day 5 or so.  You can only tell it's there in the beginning by feeling the stubble. 

I had a really nice electric razor a few years ago.  I do think it was gentler on the skin (I have sensitive skin), but it never shaved as close like a razor. 

I'd go to a barber shop to have a full shave sometime.  It would be an event.  Something like this.  Edward VII went here (Geo F. Trumper's in London) for his shaves. 

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Elevated

• Our Community Board
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2015, 11:18:31 PM »
I forgot to mention that I also use hair clippers to maintain my side burns.  My hair is sandy blond but my facial hair comes in light blond, brown, and red.  I've never actually tried growing a 'stache, goatee, chin strap, or anything other than side burns.  I've tried those super thin, short ones but the color is too light to show up. Right now, I have some thick 'burns down to my jawline.  I also have high cheek bones (that I don't like), so I grow them out kind of wide to compliment the shape of my face.

My hair/facial hair is exactly the same.  Sandy blonde on top and then brown/red the further down my face it goes.  I keep my sideburns just below my ears.

I've tried growing a mustache, but it always looks really bad.  It might be the color or that it doesn't fill in nicely.  I can do a goatee kind of, but it still doesn't seem full enough to me.

I wish I could grow a thick ass beard, just to see what it's like, hah.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anti-hero (OP)

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2015, 11:41:46 PM »
@Nark
 Really try putting it in oil after you are done.
I does keep them sharp. I don't have to save them. Just frugal, the to stay sharp. It's worth a try.

I know I will never v be able to v grow a full  beard. Oh well
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline Illadelph215

• Whiskey bent and hellbound
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 28, 2022, 06:21:24 PM
  • Our Community
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2015, 12:36:00 AM »
You brought up a good point and a tricky subject Hero. I'm circumsized and I personally am glad I am. Now am I biased because I have always been and that's what was more common growing up? Maybe. It does boil down to cutting baby's genitals right when they enter the world which is kinda mutilation in one way. I know a small percentage of baby's end up getting permanently damaged down there even tho it's small I believe. Most girls like it circumsized but again biased because it's what their used to. I've also "heard" you lose pleasure by taking the skin off so on that case when or is I have a baby boy I will not have them perform it. / The other subject where women don't want men to do some of the tasks/exams on them in the medical field and what not whether it be a physical or something else but it's frowned upon when I ask for a males points of view because they obviously have more knowledge and experience. A double standard that can irritate me for sure.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 11:16:06 PM by Chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There is no future, there is no past. In the present, nothing lasts.

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2015, 01:14:57 AM »
My reply disappeared. First my opinion is cut the foreskin as a baby im glad my folks did mine. That would be a discussion me and andy would have to have in the 1 to 1000 cance we had a kid. Make that 1 in two thousand we had a boy. God its misserable trying to shit. I drank salt water put 70 ml of water up my ass along with a suppository. I had a beard but had to cut it off. Scissors and four double bladed disposables.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2015, 01:18:19 AM »
.... And the rest of my rely disappeared. Oh well.... It was a wittythank god i finally shit.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2015, 07:53:45 AM »
This is more my speed:

Street shave in Mumbai, cost 8 cents.

He rubs his face down with a huge block of camphor afterwards. Nice.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:03:39 AM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Mr.Apothecary

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Mr.Apothecary is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 07, 2015, 03:31:03 PM
« Reply #29 from previous page: October 30, 2015, 09:10:00 AM »
My grandfather opened a barber shop in the 1960s or 70s, which he ran until retirement (sometime in the 90s).  I was quite young when he retired and sold the shop, but I remember spinning on the chairs as a kid.  He's currently 84 or 85 and I believe he uses a straight razor to this day.  I never inquired, but I've not seen so much as a stray whisker on the man's face.  He never even sports any stubble!  My mother has some old photos of him sporting a beard, so I know he can grow one.

For the record, I suspect I can grow a decent beard too-- I've just not tried.  For those of you who doubt your beard growing abilities, I hear that the thin spots fill in more than you'd think.  As the hairs grow, they take up space; a few mm's of length times how many follicles one has is often enough to cover up those sparse areas.  It really doesn't have to be long at all.  The only problem is the awkward growing phase!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions