dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Things we wish guys knew...  (Read 18698 times)

Offline St. Theresa

• Reputation Power: 0
  • St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Things we wish guys knew...
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2015, 03:19:59 AM »
My wife seems to wish I could read her mind.

*wife stomps around angrily*
Z: what's wrong honey?
Z's wife: nothing.
Z: really, what's wrong?
"You know what's wrong."
"I really don't.  Please tell me so I can fix it."
"If you don't know its even worse."

Z:  I'll just bring my sleeping bag out to the shed for tonight.

Lol you're better off not wanting to know.  It will pass....I hope!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Offline St. Theresa

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 03:28:37 AM »

"You know what's wrong."

Poor Z lol. I'll own this one too. I have very very occasionally denied anything was wrong when in fact, I was hurt/mad as hell. Sorry, man.

I know right! Men do the same thing though.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."

Offline Shelley

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shelley is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 04, 2017, 09:50:20 PM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2015, 04:50:01 AM »
Whenever a male junkie says
"You women have it so easy
If I was a woman I'd make money all day and get high"
I immediately lose respect for em
Go suck a dick then
It's sooper easy, you just breathe through your nose
Go spread your cheeks
It's easy, its like free dope

Fucking men

I'm glad they don't know shit
They don't deserve the knowledge
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline St. Theresa

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 06:05:47 AM »
^^^this.  So true.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2015, 06:09:39 AM »

"You know what's wrong."

We have had this Conversation
More then once in our household.
It is a shame that I lost my
Physic abilities when I had my TBI

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 06:13:48 AM by hero 1 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2015, 06:10:30 AM »
I'm probably not the only guy who would appreciate people checking their generalizations: not all "men" are so clueless as to think selling one's ass is an easy gig; some of us actually have a few brain cells and even, believe it or not, possess healthy respect for women.

Also, not all women are innocent saints. Some, many in fact, leverage their gender in really REALLY fucked up ways. I was actually in court today for this exact type of circumstance (and not happy that I've had to commit as much time as I have on a case for someone who should have been locked away a long time ago).

Oblivious and self-centered are not gender specific traits.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Bhoris

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Bhoris is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2018, 12:40:15 AM
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 07:07:02 AM »
I think it would be funny to have a guy know what it's like when your water breaks.... they had to break mine. It wasn't painful, but it was a flood of grossness lol.

If it's anything like having an abscess burst (only slightly painful with a massive flood of grossness) then I know what it's like. All too well.

I'm probably not the only guy who would appreciate people checking their generalizations: not all "men" are so clueless as to think selling one's ass is an easy gig; some of us actually have a few brain cells and even, believe it or not, possess healthy respect for women.

Also, not all women are innocent saints. Some, many in fact, leverage their gender in really REALLY fucked up ways. I was actually in court today for this exact type of circumstance (and not happy that I've had to commit as much time as I have on a case for someone who should have been locked away a long time ago).

Totally this. However I assume the women here aren't generalizing on purpose and certainly realize that all men aren't the way they've described, at least I sure as hell hope so.

When my girl is upset about something, it's so easy to tell. She just kind of sulks and doesn't want to talk. When she gets like that, I usually just give her her space until she's ready to calmly discuss what's wrong and how to fix it. The first time she was a little upset with me, I gave her her space and when she was ready to discuss it a couple hours later she asked me "Why didn't you ask what was wrong?" I told her that I knew something was wrong and assumed it was something I had done. I figured if she was upset with me, then she wouldn't really want to speak with me until she cools down a bit. She softened her stance a bit and actually respected that I didn't try to force a resolution by nagging her about what was wrong. When it comes to most women, when they're ready to talk they'll talk.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Sand and Water (OP)

• Sand and Water has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:March 16, 2016, 06:27:41 AM
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2015, 07:18:09 AM »

Hi Opus, I appreciate you saying that you realize prostitution is anything but easy.  I think its a good reminder that although women have (and continue to be) exploited for sex, there are decent people who see the person underneath the "work". I hope others learn from your words.

One thing you said though bothers me a bit & if I'm misunderstanding your intent, my sincere apologies to you. You say you wish people "would check their generalizations:". The title of the thread is "Things we wish MEN knew". Its each girls' thoughts; *whatever* they may be. So I suppose it's my fault for making it.

BUT, out of 19 replies so far, I think I counted 9 from guys. That's great, I really hope guys feel good about popping in & I hope it continues. All I ask is the same Candy posted in "Hello Ladies": please remember this subforum is "The Empowerment of Women". I'm hoping all the guys understand what I'm trying to say here.

My worry is when a member is expresses strong feelings like "men suck/don't deserve to know" (just talking hypothetically & using a post ONLY as an example) in this area, that they'll get jumped on by a guy for their language or tone. This can close the door if they aren't free to ask for input/help if they want it.  Often, such strong statements are the result of some pretty heavy duty shit & talking is sometimes a big help.

And, you're absolutely right women AND men exploit their gender to gain advantage at times. Another good point.

I don't want anyone to take what Im saying as scolding or fussing. I've just seen the thread evolve into some darker stuff, which IF any member wants to talk more about, she should feel like its ok to do that here.

In case theres any doubt, I am NOT saying Opus is trying to do that, only that men arguing about this here derails and defeats the entire purpose of the thread and the subforum IMO. Thanks for hearing me out.  Big respect to ALL.

ETA: Bhoris, lol yes, probably if it's a 2 quart abscess!! Right up there for weird-o-meter sensation  ;)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 07:24:16 AM by Sand and Water »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.
Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
  • <s>Riddick</s> is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 23, 2015, 10:59:01 PM
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2015, 07:28:14 AM »

"You know what's wrong."

Id never let a woman make me sleep somewhere else other than my bed. Especially a fucking shed lmao. But Im in early 20s and never had a wife so maybe I dont know. And thats no disrespect at all, just that why should you sleep outside your own bed when you tried to fix the problem? Edit: I now realize you were probably sarcastic about the shed. Maybe a couch.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2015, 07:32:47 AM »

Hi Opus, I appreciate you saying that you realize prostitution is anything but easy.  I think its a good reminder that although women have (and continue to be) exploited for sex, there are decent people who see the person underneath the "work". I hope others learn from your words.

One thing you said though bothers me a bit & if I'm misunderstanding your intent, my sincere apologies to you. You say you wish people "would check their generalizations:". The title of the thread is "Things we wish MEN knew". Its each girls' thoughts; *whatever* they may be. So I suppose it's my fault for making it.

BUT, out of 19 replies so far, I think I counted 9 from guys. That's great, I really hope guys feel good about popping in & I hope it continues. All I ask is the same Candy posted in "Hello Ladies": please remember this subforum is "The Empowerment of Women". I'm hoping all the guys understand what I'm trying to say here.

My worry is when a member is expresses strong feelings like "men suck/don't deserve to know" (just talking hypothetically & using a post ONLY as an example) in this area, that they'll get jumped on by a guy for their language or tone. This can close the door if they aren't free to ask for input/help if they want it.  Often, such strong statements are the result of some pretty heavy duty shit & talking is sometimes a big help.

And, you're absolutely right women AND men exploit their gender to gain advantage at times. Another good point.

I don't want anyone to take what Im saying as scolding or fussing. I've just seen the thread evolve into some darker stuff, which IF any member wants to talk more about, she should feel like its ok to do that here.

In case theres any doubt, I am NOT saying Opus is trying to do that, only that men arguing about this here derails and defeats the entire purpose of the thread and the subforum IMO. Thanks for hearing me out.  Big respect to ALL.

ETA: Bhoris, lol yes, probably if it's a 2 quart abscess!! Right up there for weird-o-meter sensation  ;)
Good post. Applaud.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2015, 07:39:07 AM »

"You know what's wrong."

Id never let a woman make me sleep somewhere else other than my bed. Especially a fucking shed lmao. But Im in early 20s and never had a wife so maybe I dont know. And thats no disrespect at all, just that why should you sleep outside your own bed when you tried to fix the problem? Edit: I now realize you were probably sarcastic about the shed. Maybe a couch.

I have never had to sleep anywhere other then my bed.  That part was definitely a joke.   I always took never go to bed mad to heart.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2015, 07:44:55 AM »

"You know what's wrong."

I have never had to sleep anywhere other then my bed.  That part was definitely a joke.   I always took never go to bed mad to heart.

Wow, in all seriousness, you guys' are light years away from my ex!!  Good advice for us girls too :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2015, 07:48:54 AM »

"You know what's wrong."

My fault then.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2015, 07:49:52 AM »

"You know what's wrong."

Wow, in all seriousness, you guys' are light years away from my ex!!  Good advice for us girls too :D
What do you mean?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2015, 07:57:37 AM »
Hey Riddick-- sorry I wasn't very clear. I meant the value of a guy listening to me, giving me space til I feel ok enough to talk & yes, also important, one who understands the value of trying to never go to bed angry puts a lot of you guys way ahead of my ex :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #29 from previous page: September 04, 2015, 09:10:28 AM »
Quote from: S&W

At first I meant to direct that comment towards Shelley and maybe I should have quoted her, but reading your post and thinking a little more: IMO it's really just as much the thread title that I guess seems to generalize a bit. Just like women, not all men are the same, not even close.

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but for example the two things you wrote about in your OP really aren't things I can relate to at all, one I addressed in an earlier post and the other I figured I'd leave alone, but honestly I know better than to ask a woman if she's pissy cos she's hormonal (not like I've never brought the subject up, but it's about tact).

I truly don't mean any disrespect and I'm not offended by this thread, I just think people should be careful with generalizations, and I just figure we're simply not all the same; male, female, trans, black, white, red, blue, English, Australian, young, old, etc.

Yeah, some men have a lot to learn (and may never) about women. Some women also have a lot to learn about men, I guess I just really don't like generalizations, and that applies to LOTS of subjects..
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:13:13 AM by Opus »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Tags: