dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Do national hotlines for intervention/rehab placement get commission? [SCAM??]  (Read 12373 times)

Offline gnossos (OP)

• The.Opiophile.You.Love.to.Hate
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gnossos is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 01, 2024, 12:31:52 AM
  • Distorted reality's now a necessity to be free.
    • ART in ANARCHY
Do employees for national hotlines like SAMHSA's National Helpline - https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline - get commission for every patient they convince to go to treatment?

If not, does anyone know why most of them are creepily eager to ship you off right away? I only ever call those places fucked up out of my mind and running on chemical courage, but I quickly come to regret it after I wake up sober to the new oh-so-suspiciously-helpful "friend," like, "Pack a suitcase! I can get admitted by tomorrow/this week!" Nope, sorry man, gotta call back when I'm high enough to suddenly want to go. No one in the history of addiction gets up and goes to rehab in between fixes.. c'mon man.

It's not the commission that bothers me. I just keep wondering what the hell might've happened if my hubby and I had agreed to hop on a plane from Atlanta to Southern Cali with the last of our money and find out the place either doesn't exist or he lied about everything just to get us in the door. (Seems like the latter is more feasible).

-----------------------------------------------
The last guy I talked to gave me his name so I could see his credentials: Mike Torticelli on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/mike-torricelli-41417714. Other than the fact that none of his company links work, seems legit.

I told him we wouldn't go unless he could guarantee that the hubby and I wouldn't be separated at ANY point in the process (none of that men's and women's dorms shit). Secondly, my husband, at least would have to be allowed to bring his laptop and have internet access so he could keep working and not lose his job. (These are the opposite of 99.9% of ALL rehab's basic rules). I gave him the info for our BCBS high-deductible insurance and figured I'd never be bothered by him again.

Dude calls back multiple times the next day leaving voicemails, all of which sounded like he was reading a script. "Great news! I found a luxury facility here in beautiful Southern California that called Pacific Ocean - http://www.pacificoceandrugrehab.org/ - ready to admit you ASAP!" Somehow they magically met all our impossible requirements.

We text back and forth with excuses and he has an answer for EVERYTHING. We could have asked him anything and coincidentally, this place would be the only treatment center in existence that allows it.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 08:24:17 AM by gnossos »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
. : cause every junkies like a settin' sun : .

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
Yes. Sorry to be the one to tell you this but the "rehab" industry has been infected by greed in America.

They'll tell u that u need more treatment, longer stays, and higher levels of care than you do.

They'll keep u longer and direct u to more treatment when u get out (yes commission there too)

It's a scam. Not to say there aren't good companies but generally the 1800 numbers u see in Tv are a scam

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline OpiXPO

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • OpiXPO has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:January 23, 2024, 06:44:24 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
If you keep looking for excuses to not go, then all your going to find are shitty rehabs that aren't going to match what your looking for. Your not going to find a good rehab that lets you stay with your husband 24/7 because that's not good for developing a solid recovery. ADA protects your husband from being fired for going to a rehab. You need to get your head on straight and figure out why you want to go to rehab, people in much worse situations give up even more to get themselves to rehab. If staying in the same room as your husband is more important than you quitting drugs, then you aren't ready to go down the lane of recovery that those places put you on and you'll just be taking up a seat of someone else who does want it more and is prepared to do what ever it takes. You probably need 1 on 1 therapy before anything else to help get your mind sorted out because this line of reasoning your giving says you can talk the talk but are in no way prepared to walk the walk.

I mean this in the most respectful but honest way that is purely my opinion - you need to get your head on straight and you need to do it bad.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
Holy shit. Did u read the website gnossos?

That dude did totally find u a rehab that met all your needs. Legit.

I guess it's time to stop making excuses.

I personally have been through the rehab rigamaroll many times and found that methadone and a productive life do it for me, but that doesn't work for everyone...

Godspeed
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

I've done rehab too.  All it will do is help you cure yourself.  Relapse rates after rehab are insane.  They're just playing off your desperation.

I think that you are using this as an excuse.  I would be clean except I can't get into a magic rehab.  Hubby can't go to rehab because he will lose his job.  Poor us. 

Grow some ovaries and do what you have to do if that's what you want to do.  It sounds like you have every opportunity right now, but for some reason you are not taking advantage of any of it while blaming everyone but yourself. 

Even if you go to rehab you will have to use some determination and commitment to get through it at all, and to stay clean after will take that and some serious willpower.

Might as well save yourself a shitload of time and money and just start right now.  If you want to stop drugs you don't need rehab to do it.  Grow some ovaries and take advantage of all the opportunity you have people bending over backwards to give you.  Some people get clean with nothing but work, sweat and tears.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline gnossos (OP)

• SA_Chat+
    • ART in ANARCHY
Holy shit. Did u read the website gnossos?

That dude did totally find u a rehab that met all your needs. Legit.

I guess it's time to stop making excuses.

I personally have been through the rehab rigamaroll many times and found that methadone and a productive life do it for me, but that doesn't work for everyone...

Godspeed

I did read the website and contacted them directly. As soon as they looked up my insurance they changed their tune from trying to get me help ASAP to, "Oh, yeah... that's a high-deductible plan. We'll get back to you."

I see nowhere to go from here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline gnossos (OP)

• SA_Chat+
    • ART in ANARCHY
I've done rehab too.  All it will do is help you cure yourself.  Relapse rates after rehab are insane.  They're just playing off your desperation.

I think that you are using this as an excuse.  I would be clean except I can't get into a magic rehab.  Hubby can't go to rehab because he will lose his job.  Poor us. 

Grow some ovaries and do what you have to do if that's what you want to do.  It sounds like you have every opportunity right now, but for some reason you are not taking advantage of any of it while blaming everyone but yourself. 

Even if you go to rehab you will have to use some determination and commitment to get through it at all, and to stay clean after will take that and some serious willpower.

Might as well save yourself a shitload of time and money and just start right now.  If you want to stop drugs you don't need rehab to do it.  Grow some ovaries and take advantage of all the opportunity you have people bending over backwards to give you.  Some people get clean with nothing but work, sweat and tears.

I appreciate the frank honesty, sometimes I need to be jolted out of my pity parties and excuses to be lazy. Still, this is the "You're addicted to drugs? Why don't you just stop?" approach that my mom's been telling me for years. If I could stop I would, and I have many times. Sometimes it lasts a month or two, maybe three, but eventually the monkey on my back gets too much to handle and I buckle under the pressure.

I need a more permanent solution and I don't see doing it on my own. I don't think rehabs are a magic cure, but what other options are there?

I've also considered just going to a short-term detox just to stop when I get completely out of control, but like you said, no matter what, I'm the only one that can save myself in the end. I realize this. I know there's no magical solution where I'll just wake up and not want drugs anymore.

A lot of my addict friends just move from place to place when things get out of hand. Move to a place where you have no drug connects and you've got no problem staying away from it. Eventually you find dope, get a taste and get strung out again. Repeat the process as needed. My husband and I did it before and we were blissfully happy for about a month. We just seem to have some magnetic pull to dope dealers. No matter where we go, we find it, whether we want to or not. I want to move to country with a more liberal drug policy. I have serious plans for Lisbon, Portugal.

I know something needs to happen, just not sure what. I'm a firm believer in the power of my own will and whatnot, but it's hard when dope is literally right on your doorstep.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 05:15:21 AM by gnossos »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline OpiXPO

• SA_Chat+
Look into Vivitrol? It helps also with meth by reducing the meth high to an non euphoric speed which would probably make it sucks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
Have you given any serious thought to MAT?  While not a cure per se, I have seen it absolutely transform lives, myself included.  I was like you.  I would stay clean a day, a week, a month maybe, but I always went back..and I honestly believe if I wasn't on methadone, I would still be going back, spending all my money, fucking up my relationships and being a depressed, suicidal mess.  Instead, I am feeling better than I ever had.  My relationships have healed, I have enough money to live and I am rediscovering things I lost interest in a long time ago when drugs became my only hobby.

MAT alone isn't going to fix everything, but it will get you stable enough to do the real work.  I've been to rehab numerous times.  I was away for 90 days and used on my way home!  How's that for time and money wasted?

I never could get beyond the cravings.  No amount of 12 steps, prayer, rehab, distraction etc could keep my mind and body from screaming for the dope.  I could never get beyond the cravings.

I felt like a total loser when I walked into the clinic...for about a minute.  Then I realized that this is what was going to help me!  No more sickness and craving!  It quieted all that shit so I could wade through what was really going on with me. My only regret was waiting so long and believing all the stigma around it.

I had tried subs multiple times, but it never took away the cravings and it always left me with, albeit mild, withdrawal symptoms.  Methadone was what I needed and I never regret getting on it.

Far from being "liquid handcuffs", it has given me the freedom to grow, enjoy my life and be successful.  Without it, I would be in handcuffs, only the metal kind!!!

I wrote this on the other thread, but I'll repeat it here.  I have been to rehab multiple times and all it is (i'm sure there are a very few exceptions) are glorified 12 step programs.  You will probably do groups, but they are usually lead by people without any formal education or qualifications.  Most of them don't know any more about addiction than the guy who bags your groceries.  Anything they do in rehab, and more, can be done outpatient.  Call your insurance company and find out if they will cover an IOP program.  That way, your day will be filled with "rehab type" shit and then you can go home and sleep in your own bed.

I also agree with whoever mentioned the insistance on rooming with your husband in rehab.  Rehabs seperate people because people are individuals.  No matter how "connected" you feel to him, you are two seperate people with seperate needs.  Total emeshment with another person isn't romantic...it is sick.  You can't get better as a couple until you get better on your own.  It's kind of like on an airplane.  If cabin pressure drops, they tell you to put on your oxygen mask first, BEFORE you help anyone else.  The same is true in this situation.  Until you are brave enough to focus on you and you alone, you will have nothing to offer your husband but sickness.

It is scary getting better and not all using relationships survive recovery.  But, don''t you think you owe it to yourself and your husband to give your relationship a chance to be healthy?  It's a question only you can answer...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline gnossos (OP)

• SA_Chat+
    • ART in ANARCHY
Look into Vivitrol? It helps also with meth by reducing the meth high to an non euphoric speed which would probably make it sucks.

Thanks for the suggestion. There really do need to be more resources for non-opiate addicts. Heroin is my DOC, but the abundance of meth out here in bum-fuck rural Georgia makes it hard to avoid. It's a tragic epidemic, as I've mentioned, and there's no equivalent of a methadone clinic for meth addicts.

I've joked before that they should have Adderall clinics or something similar to treat meth addiction. It would be "AMT" - amphetamine assisted treatment. Not sure if that's really the best drug for something like that, but considering that the meth scene is arguably the most dangerous, there needs to be more resources available to keep addicts off the streets, out of the dope houses and away from meth labs.

I'm harping back to my "meth is pure fuckin evil" post, but IMO (and I'm sure many can agree), crimes committed by meth users tend to be more senselessly brutal. Cocaine/crack similarly horrible, but hardcore meth users staying up for weeks and months at a time reach a state of psychosis so far from reality that - from personal experience and observations - is distinctively more than those induced by other stimulants.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline OpiXPO

• SA_Chat+
Didn't the UK do something like this back in the 70s or 80s? Hand out pharm meth tablets for addicts as part of therapy?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

There have been a few trials with amphetamine replacement.  I think chipper had tried to get into one.  It seems somewhat successful from the tiny bit I know about it.

Edit: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2883750/

Lolleedee said what I meant in a much nicer way.  I wasn't trying to say just quit.  I was trying to encourage you to pursue some outpatient counselling or work the steps on your own.  You don't need to be in rehab to work on your problems.  You can combine methadone with counselling and be very successful.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:29:51 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
yep, I did try but I was on Methadone and they showed me the door. now that I'm off Methadone, it is available to me but that attitude really pissed me off.

Dexamphetamine replacement therapy is an option here and I fully support that idea but you have to go in daily and you must be seeking abstinence so you have to stop Dex within an agreed period - that doesn't work for people like me.

again, it's so much easier to get Meth so I continued on with it.

if I could get Dexamphetamine on prescription indefinitely then I'd give away the Meth but the current laws make it very difficult and prohibitive.

pity, I could save myself a lot of money and deterioration.

one day they might see the benefits of this MAT and let the user get off in their own time.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions