dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Denver's Pot Experiences.  (Read 21307 times)

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Denver's Pot Experiences.
« on: July 03, 2015, 07:42:33 AM »
if you live in Colorado and you'd like to report on the impact  that legal pot has had on your state, this is a good place to do so.

(attn. Guey)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Güey

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Güey is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 01, 2019, 09:12:16 AM
Re: Denver's Pot Experiences.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 06:18:27 AM »
Hmm, Chipper.... Honestly, I'd hafta say not a whole lot has changed, really, with the exception of a few things:

1. Tax revenue. This is the biggest change, I believe. I don't know the exact figure offhand, but I believe the state made appx. $60 million USD in the first year alone. It's supposed to go to schools, but I can't say as I've seen anything substantial to that effect.

2. Variety. This'll probably be the most interesting to youse guys. 'Back in the day,' you were severely limited on choices, prices, etc, even taking into account  who you did/didn't know. Now.... jeez. It's crazy! Hundreds of different strains of buds, dozens of different types of concentrates, and edibles of damn near any type you can imagine. A lot of edibles are sodas, cookies, lollipops, candies, etc, and I've heard people say that's a bad things, in that they seem to be marketed to kids. Of course they're not, but maybe some square politician from another state might not think so...

3. Potency. Absolutely incredible. Buds with 20+% thc, 90% for some concentrates, and edibles that'll seriously, seriously fuck you up. Sure, lots of people think that's a good thing, but for a casual user, it can be very unpleasant.

4. Lots of pot tourists. Another weird one, as public consumption is illegal- for what that's worth- and ya can't take it back to your home state. I'm sure lots of people get sweated crossing the state line.

5. Our highway sign denoting mile 420 kept getting stolen, so they changed it to mile marker 419.99 jaja :-)

And, that's about all I can really say. Not a whole lot has changed, other than it being legal. But, it was already decriminalized. Honestly, as far as the drug scene in Colorado, the only change I've seen in the last few years has been a huge increase in the amount of heroin, a big drop in price, and a bigger increase in potency. Obviously that's not at all related to marijuana.

Hope you enjoyed my write up, but keep in mind I'm not expert, I was just trying to give an every-mans sorta perspective...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
¡No mames!

Offline Güey

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 06:44:45 AM »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
¡No mames!

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 10:33:43 AM »
haha, indeed (Colorado Replaces Mile Marker 420 With 419.99 To Thwart Thieving Stoners) !

thanks again for the laugh. damned stoners  ::) ;) 8)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 10:37:17 AM »
Güey, have you tried the "edibles"  and if so, what's the story ?

i think they sound absolutely fabulous because i really enjoy the effect of eaten cannabis.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Güey

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 03:44:13 AM »
Yeah, I have a buddy who makes hash, and he's always giving me pixie sticks and gummy bears and whatnot...

My.first edible was a brownie. I was told it was really strong, so only eat half. I was a bit scared, so I just ate a 1/4th of it.

Waited an hour and a half. Nothing...

So, I'm like 'fuck it', these ain't shit, blah, blah, and I ate the whole rest of the thing :(

About 15 minutes later, it all hit me, like a truck. 10 hours later, I was STILL high as hell. Like, face- melting/paranoid high as fuck. Not fun. I've dabbled here and there with psychedelics, but I've never had an experience even close to that. I'm not a huge pothead, though. I just like hard drugs :-/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
¡No mames!

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 07:35:32 AM »
There's been talk in the newspapers that OH is considering voting on legalizing pot (like Colorado) sometime soon (2016 probably). 

I'm not holding my breath, because OH tends to be full of Republicans in most areas, with Democrats only holding sway in the urban areas. 

Legalizing weed is the way of the future IMO.  The main seductive factor here is the boost to the economy: tax revenue.  They're talking about whether to let anyone grow it, or only about 10 licensed companies who would supply the state's pot.  That's for large-scale production, and also appears to be the favored method so far.  Some grass-roots weed organizations disagree b/c they want everyone to be able to grow it.  Everyone 18/21+ would be allowed to grow a certain number of plants, but for large-scale production, only licensed companies.

I'm not a huge weed fan.  I would be interested in trying different strains though.  The thought of a low-paranoia sativa (I think it's sativa) appeals to me.  The problem I have with weed now is that it's a complete gamble as to if I'm going to freak out on it.  It's not a pleasurable experience, so I tend to avoid it.  But some kind of low-paranoia strain, whereby you're guaranteed a pleasant experience, yeah, I'd like to try that.

Guey, does Colorado sell Charlotte's Web?  That medicinal strain for child epileptics. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Güey

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 10:54:03 AM »
^^^ yeah, the do, Nark. There is also a strain called Harlequin, that works pretty good for me, as far as tapering off the 'done. And I agree, I'm not a big pot fan- the paranoia sucks.

It didn't USED TO be like that... I feel like after getting into H, that pot sorta turned on me. I dunno if there's a correlation, but either way, freaking out is no fun...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
¡No mames!

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 06:43:48 PM »
I guess since we're still small I needn't worry about reviving an old thread.  I've been in CO a while & f'ing love the fact that weed is just plain 'ol legal. I can't actually afford it but am rarely without.  Kinda like H but with my apartment power on.   I do get some very unusual side effects when withdrawing though.  Best I can describe is that I feel sort of like a "human being."   I expect I'll have the difficulties that come with this sorted soon enough. 
I'd not go so far as to say that a proper dab rig and quality concentrates can compete for one's attention over injectables, but aside from dmt it's about as much of a "rush" as I know of from something essentially non-addictive.  I'm pretty disappointed from the quality of (affordable) buds from recreational dispensaries.  Rarely cured properly, very dry (blame CO climate, but still...) mostly homogeneous smells/flavors/effects.  Strong? I guess.  But no stronger than the better weed always has been.  I'll choose unique, tasty, well-flushed & cured over stronger harsh or bland weed anyhow.  I'm pretty leery about potency testing.  Aside from concentrates I don't pay any attention to THC levels.  I'm not sure if the results are trustworthy, they don't seem to me to have much real correlation to effect.  Or maybe effects have as much to do with the combo of other cannabinoids.  Speaking of which - If you are interested in CBD rich strains (like the above mentioned Charolette"s Web & Harlequin) - Hemp derived CBD is (in my understanding) legal in all the U.S. states & available online.  I've never tried CBD at all (aside from what's in regular drug strains).  While it is available by itself, people in the know say it's better (more useful? more potent?) in combo with THC  & to try varying ratios.  If you wish you could toke but are prone to anxiety/paranoia from it, some CBD along with your locally available weed may be worth a try...   
I'm an hour-ish away from Denver & pay more from stores here.  Probably has a bit to do with my disappointment in quality too.  One local dispensary just went recreational & brings in "wholesale" buds from a Boulder dispensary that I'm pretty happy with for $40 an 8th out the door.  Quality is as good as the $50-$60 +tax 8ths every place else here sells.  Best thing legal weed has done is bring down the cost of quality black market product.  And unmake me a criminal.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 08:27:27 PM »
amazing !

at least one of my dreams have come true but the location is very far from good old Sydney.

I expect us to follow the lead here but my timing might be a little off.

thanks for that write-up.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 10:12:56 PM »
I got to smoke since the first time i got arrested in nov. 2013 a few weeks ago. I had my monthly ua for probation at the beginning of the month so i decided to try some, I got a joint for $5 and i had $8 left so the guy weighed up $8 worth which was a little more than half a gram of LA chocolat it was good, it fucked me up. I took me like 30 minutes to write a text the first time I smoked I didn't know wtf was going on it was quite fun.

An ex-girlfriend happened to be in town that week and she gave me some of my favorite strain Banana Kush because she happened to have some and it was quite delicious. I was extremely nauseous because I forgot to eat and was reading while she was driving and it instantly made me feel better. I forgot how nice it is to be able to instantly feel better when you have a headache, stomach ache, or your nauseous or whatever it is very helpful.

I am hoping that my UA this month isn't for a few weeks but I am probably clean now, I smoked last on the 12th. If it is this week and I pass at least I will get to smoke again for a few days, I have been drinking lots of water but I figure after smoking 3 times after 4 weeks I am probably good. I was surprised at how expensive it is, after I get 2 weeks of takeouts at a time at the clinic I am going to get my med card to save money, then smoke for a month and get dropped down to weeklies then take a month off to get moved back up and so on and so forth.

I heard they cleared 60 million the first year and 100 million in taxes last year. Plus all the jobs, revenue, and money they save by not throwing everyone in jail over weed is made it so they can blow even more money on stupid shit under the guise of saving the children. Opiate addiction has gone down statistically and so has High school aged weed smokers and a few other things that prove it being illegal is stupid as shit.

The only reason it is illegal some places is to gain revenue by arresting everyone. I can't believe how many people I know who've done prison time over nothing but weed, I don't understand why people are such assholes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline makita

• Reputation Power: 26
  • makita is now quite familiar.makita is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:March 07, 2019, 05:50:39 PM
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 01:53:59 AM »
The whole thing about the edibles being "marketed to children" is such bullshit.  Like adults don't eat cookies, soda, candy, etc?  So what, do they expect adult edibles to be like only brussels sprouts or red wine?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
something something drug war, social justice blah blah

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 01:11:32 AM »
Yeah, that's a favorite arguing point for the anti's & I agree that it's pretty asinine.  I guarantee that no legit business anywhere in CO is "marketing" to children.  The danger, as with a colorful mixed drink, is that it looks appealing to kids.  To anyone old enough to know there's a drug in it, I think the fact that it's in a familiar & appealing package is pretty minor.  Not totally without merit I guess - think about the very real difference between smoking/snorting something and iv'ing it.  This parallel could possibly exist in the minds of some kids, and the basic danger is, as with iv drugs, in dosage unawareness.  More than you want is an easy mistake.

The difference with pot is that there is no o.d. danger from the drug itself.  Worst case is a bad experience  that could possibly dissuade one from weed altogether.  Chances are you know someone who said "I did heroin once & puked all night, I have no idea why anyone would want to do that regularly."  A pot "OD" to a newbie is more likely with edibles than other ROA's, poses no physical danger & tends more to dissuade folks from further usage if anything.

There's a push to make all CO edibles a certain green color that would make them easy to identify.  I wouldn't oppose it if it actually placated the anti's concerns.  It's a side argument from people who have a personal need for everyone else to adhere to their own world view.  Story of humanity, no?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:34:28 AM by MoeMentim »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2016, 12:06:49 PM »
I am getting my med card monday if anyone has any questions about the process, cost, or anything like that associated with it. I am getting it so that I can smoke weed on probation, which is a law that passed last year. Basically as long as you don't have a weed related charge and get your med card your PO then has to have grounds to deny you smoking it then you take it to court and the judge has to have legal grounds to bar you from smoking it. With it being medical, you basically just have to prove medical necessity pot > pills.

My PO said I'd be fine I just have to get the card, unfortunately that is not how the MMT clinics in colorado are. Even with a card you can't smoke and get take homes. My plan is I am getting my 4th phase which is weeklies next month and I am going to smoke every other month so I will get weeklies be moved down to 3 days a week and then move back up the next month after being clean my next test and do that. They take you down a phase each month and if you pass your UA the next month you go back up. Ideally i'd do this with biweeklies and weeklies.

That is if I can even get my Phase 4 there is an argument at my clinic right now which my counselor and I think is dumb. They want to implement a policy that to get phase 4 and 5 you have to bring in family and do a family counseling session to explain to them what it is, and keeping your take-homes safe. The problem for me is I haven't told my family since I was arrested for my done DUI and had 4 months clean. I didn't tell them because no matter what my argument is I will still be high all the time and questioned about everything if I let them know.

My counselor is against it as well, and is currently looking up loopholes for me if it does get passed. It is a clinic policy not a federal or state regulation. He is hoping that I will just be able to bring in a friend or roommate for my family counseling session since the closest family I have is 700 miles away. He said they might do a over the phone session, so I may just tell my uncle since he has always been supportive, and was a drug counselor for a few years in his 20s. I brought his exwife pot without the family knowing when she had cancer so we have a tight bond.

He doesn't want me on it but he is very understanding so he is my last resort if I can't get a 'friend" to do it. I think it is very envasive because a lot of people are better off not telling there family. I think it is a good idea in some instances because every week I read a new article about someone else dying from a done OD that they got from someone from the clinic and it is usually a young child. So if it slows that down I am for it in certain circumstances. Sorry for the derail back to weed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2016, 01:10:34 PM »
  I'm SUPER interested in the CO med card process/price.  It kills me spending 25%+ more and not having access to the better concentrates & flowers.  (Most places keep a good portion of their products med only to ensure their patients have access to what they need & I can totally understand that.)  I don't think I really have any of the conditions that are listed for a CO card, but...   

I don't know if it'd be better to bring this up to a doctor or not to, but I guarantee that legal weed is one part (by no means the largest) of the equation that's enabled me to stay off opiates this long.  Now, we all know that "I need weed to get off of _____" ain't gonna fly legally & could put the doc in a situation where the law could question his choice in "giving a drug addict access to drugs" sort of thing. 

Honestly, I'm not sure how long I'm going to be able stay in CO.  $16/hr + $1025/mo for a shithole apartment really makes for a bummer of a living scene.  If I could find a cheap place that fits my needs I  could go get my grow stuff a few states away & take care of my situation myself.  The only house (f'ing shack, but I don't care) that I've seen for under $900 had wood heat only & a composting toilet.  Meaning that you shit in a bucket and take it outside.  The guy had an "open house" to deal with all prospective tenants at once, sent us an email afterword saying he got over 30 separate applications in that 3 hours & that he was sorry he could only pick one.

But yeah - I definitely want to hear how that goes, Griffin.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:13:41 PM by MoeMentim »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions