dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Heroin detox questions  (Read 6608 times)

Offline QuittingTomorrow (OP)

• One Bad Motherfucker
  • Regular
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • QuittingTomorrow is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 20, 2016, 12:18:30 PM
  • It is what it is and it ain't what it was
Heroin detox questions
« on: April 30, 2016, 12:32:20 AM »
Hey friends, long time - I haven't spoken to many of you since JM's forum went belly up. My question is this:

I'm on an eight month run doing my typical .7g daily of some really good gear. 48hrs ago I had enough and and stopped with the help of clonidine, seroquel, ibuprofen, and an extremely limited supply of Watson 10mg diazepam. I thought I was gonna be in for a rough detox but the last 48hrs were much easier than I expected. Well I have been sleeping at night and the only real symptom I've been dealing with was lack of energy. SO, on my 48th hour in my neighbor came and gave me a 20 of some really sub-par H and I almost flushed it but I had a ton of dishes to wash, shower and shave, and just some general housekeeping to do that I didn't have the energy to 48hrs in. I shot the 20 of his poo free H and it did not get me high but did give me the energy to handle my housekeeping. I didnt want to finish my detox in a house with a funky kitchen full of dishes.

My question- how far will this set back my physical detox?
Thanks in advance- QT
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I used to do drugs, I still do, but I used to too - Hedberg

I spent half my money on gambling, booze, and wild women; the other half I just wasted. - Fields

Offline Taytoechip

• Above average blanket-fort builder
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 04, 2016, 02:16:36 PM
  • magical leopluradon
Re: Heroin detox questions
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 02:26:52 AM »
Probably right where you started, it's only 48 hours
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No one ever plans to sleep out in the gutter
Sometimes that's just the most comfortable place

• One Bad Motherfucker
  • Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 03:09:48 AM »
Come on tay-chip!! Tell me it's gonna be okay. Like I said I was on an 8 month run doing about a G day and I didn't miss a day. That's why I was thinking I was going to be in for a tough one but it was surprisingly mild. On top of that the shot I did 48hrs in was a skimp .1 of some poo that I really didn't even feel but it did at least give me enough energy to do the dishes. Tell me it's gonna be okay!!! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I spent half my money on gambling, booze, and wild women; the other half I just wasted. - Fields

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 03:27:54 AM »
That's a good question. The quick answer is - It won't. I have some experience with this, and I've read anecdotal reports of the same, where someone going through a detox uses dope for one day after a good while being into the detox process.

I was detoxing from bupe, after jumping off, and used PST one time, at about day 5. Nothing happened. I didn't get sick all over again when it wore off.

If it's only one time, like one dose, which might last 4, maybe 8 hours, then consider it a "freebie." It would actually be kind of nice to be able to look forward to a dose of real dope at day 7 (or thereabouts) of a detox.

Because you used when only 48 hours in, you can probably expect to begin from day one again. It's only two days. You could have been broke for two days and couldn't buy any dope, and be 48 hours-sick.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 03:30:53 AM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Z

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 09:40:48 AM »
Man, I've had it both ways.  I've done some mid sickness and the withdrawals were gone never to return.  I've done some and felt like a clock was resetting and the whole train rammed into me from the start.  Sometimes it even feels like pressing pause and getting a well deserved break.  Bottom line is that i don't think anyone knows.  Well, anyone except for you right about now.  Hopefully you lucked out.  I wish that there was some formula, but who knows.  It could be some obscure combination that makes it better.  It could be that taking an advil while standing on your head at hour 36.3214 gives you a ticket out of hell.  I wish I knew.

Hang in there.  I'm so proud of everyone that gets clean, and kind of jealous in a weird way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mimi

• Regular
  • Mimi is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 13, 2019, 12:55:31 PM
  • C'est la vie......
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 02:18:39 PM »
And, in the spirit of harm reduction, I feel compelled to add that if you are looking
for that "freebie" after day 3 or 4+ of detox, remember that your tolerance may be
*considerably* lowered -- it would be a shame for that freebie to be your last.

A lifetime ago, I worked in an inpatient detox facility.  I can't begin to tell you how often
a client would leave on day 5 (the typical stay was 5 - 7 days) and the next thing we would
hear was that they had ODd -- gone forever.

You know the deal -- test shot, start LOW, have trusted friend with you, etc......
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 05:16:42 PM »
My guess is if you had a major habit, which .7 of fire/day is not MAJOR but that's hitting it pretty hard, then you went 48 hours, and then shot a smallish amout of subpar stuff, you're not gonna start over, you just got some temporary relief, will it extend the duration your symptoms? Probably a little, but it's DEF not starting over.

In my experience, it works like a pause button like, you didn't go out and shoot a shitload of fire, that would've started you over basically. Think of it as being in withdrawl and doing a decent rinse or something, like, it wouldn't start you from scratch, it'll just give you temporary relief, and then it'll wear off. I highly doubt a small amount of subpar shit would start you all over.

also, welcome back QT, stick around a bit, huh?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• One Bad Motherfucker
  • Regular
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 07:34:36 PM »
Hey dizzle and associates- here's an update. Its been a little over 24hrs and at this point I don't feel like it started me over. I feel like I jumped right back to where I was. It's amazing what some clonidine, diazepam, and Seroquel can do to take the edge off. I have also been taking Sinemet for RLS which works so well. I figure two or three more days and I'll be out of the woods. Like I said earlier I was expecting a hellish withdrawal but this one has been surprisingly mild. I have been sleeping at night. RLS has been kept away. I dunno- my worst symptom has been lack of energy.

That little shot I did at 48hrs-
After two years of living here my neighbor who had no idea I was detoxing came over unannounced to give me a free twenty. Un fucking believable, start a detox and people come by to deliver free dope. You can't make this shit up. Had I known I never would have answered the door.

Good to see you Dizzle and others, wish me luck!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Fat Pie

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Fat Pie is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 12, 2022, 04:01:23 PM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 08:44:25 PM »
You probably know by now what's what, but I would've agreed that some crap H won't set you back in your detox all that much. The only problem with a taste is that it can end up setting you off; it was always the cravings as much as the withdrawals that got me, which is why I'm still using six years into a sub script with no real end in sight. Never got the hang of using meds to ease a kick, I always just stuck it out.

I've always been amazed at how the body's metabolism can get so out of whack so quick. When I first started using heroin I was injecting right off the bat. It went on for about six months, with the amounts steadily increasing, and it was getting to where I was using pretty much every day. Then I had a break in August and went away to Hawaii, and while the withdrawals did hit me, they weren't nearly as bad as you'd expect.

It was October before I got back to using. I used for five days, then stopped, and got hit with absolutely incapacitating withdrawals, which left me bedridden for a week. I was astonished at how quickly my body readapted to the dope, and subsequently adjusted itself to make the w/d 100x worse than they had been before.

After that, it was pretty much all downhill...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:40:47 PM by Fat Pie »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:59:26 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 06:28:18 AM »
<snip> ... and got hit with absolutely incapacitating withdrawals, which left me bedridden for a week. I was astonished at how quickly my body readapted to the dope <snip>

that's the thing, this tolerance thing has at least 2 memories, interacting short term and long term ones - consider that in the short term, you can OD if you are at baseline and have too much BUT your habit quickly bounces straight back to the long term spot if you start using even a little ... just an observation of mine.

you never forget your long term tolerance but you can get down to zero if you can abstain from opiates after a taper/detox - that is the really difficult part, of course. we tend to go back. you have to be tough.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 06:31:51 AM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline sk8phaze

• Junky Deluxe
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sk8phaze has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 26, 2021, 09:11:55 AM
  • Sk8phaze
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 07:08:17 AM »
Probably right where you started, it's only 48 hours

+1!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You cant rip out a single  page of your life but you can throw the whole book in the fire. -george sand

We die only once, but for such a long time.
                                 (Unknown)

Offline Mashedpotatoejohnson

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Mashedpotatoejohnson is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 16, 2016, 04:53:18 PM
  • We're all in this together
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 05:16:02 PM »
I don't think it will set you back, actually I think it helps to lower my daily dose before quitting cold. May prolong wd just a bit, but makes it much easier to handle IMO  The hardest part for me is the lack of energy that seems to drag on forever.  I started taking Wellbutrin for PAWS related fatigue and it's been a lifesaver.  It's  a SNRI used as an anti depressant and to help people quit smoking, and help with ADD and OCD.  Apparently it's structure is similar to an amphetimine which is prob why it helps so much with fatigue.  It's easy to get a doctor to prescribe it.  Anyways though I'd mention it bc fatigue is one of the main reasons I have trouble quitting and the Wellbutrin was fucking money.   It helps with depression to and resetting your norepinephrine receptors after a binge.  Also, It has been shown the SNRI drugs reduce cue induced heroin seeking, which means Wellbutrin helps reduce fatigue and intrusive thoughts about using.  Good luck.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal