dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Computer guidance  (Read 4366 times)

Offline DiCaprio (OP)

• Reputation Power: 3
  • DiCaprio is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 17, 2016, 08:49:43 PM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
Computer guidance
« on: May 03, 2016, 12:49:48 AM »
I have wanted to get into computers and software for a long time. It just has always been so daunting, I mean with the amount of information and all. And Im the type to get obssesed with things. My biggest problem is I dont know where to start. And Im the type of person that likes to get step by step directions. Could anyone point me in the right direction and list steps I should take? Do I start by learning something like python? I know this will sound cheesy as hell, but I want to know how to get into someones phone if their blue tooth is on. Or how to crack peoples wifi passwords so I can use theirs. This is truly not coming from a place of malice, but rather intrigue and curiosity. If you could, please direct me. Again, specific steps would be greatly appreciated. My knowledge is at about the average persons level. Something interactive would be awesome. ? Like the hacker academy site? Thank you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
Re: Computer guidance
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 01:31:15 AM »
Well my friend, I have had that same sense of wonder and curiosity about the exact same things.

First, you need to focus ur direction, straight up "hacking" is far, far too general.

There are the following topics is advise you to think about and then pick one or two and start there:

- networks, wifi
- networks, hardlined, this is somewhat different from wifi in some ways
- password cracking and encryption
- coding, programming languages
- coding, web-specific
- sql injection
- cellular technology (Bluetooth, GSM, cdma)
- android/iOS apps and learning the OSes themselves
- Windows and Mac architecture
- credit card technology and  magstripes
- rfid technology and communications

If I were you I'd get myself a copy of Kali Linux, pull up YouTube on one or two of these topics, and start fuckkng around. That's what I did. There isn't much investment, the only thing I'd advise is a wifi antenna capable of packet injection, which can be had for $20 delivered on eBay. U can also get an rfid reader/writer amd magstripe one for $50 amd $100 respectively....

I'm certainly not a pro in any of these fields but I have done my share of fuclong about with some of these things and can offer a few pointers....

Unfortunately ther isn't really many "step by step" things in this field, there is a certain ethos of "script kiddies use step by step instructions" and therefore many won't do line by line things because that isn't respected, what is respected however is leading the technology and being able to start applying it urself, now if u ask questions on places like "stack overflow" or something like that, and your not just asking for "feed me line by line what k need to do, u will be successful
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:59:26 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 04:05:32 AM »
i want to add to dizzles thoughts:

create yourself a seperate "test" machine so you don't upset your current "Production"/live laptop/desktop/tablet whatever. an old box will suffice. now with this "crash and burn" machine, you can build and destroy stuff at will but i use a bootable copy of Clonezilla to restore multiple entire systems if i screw something up BIG TIME.

Google heaps and learn the different OSes that interest you ... many of us like Linux and others like Windows ... and by building a separate "test" machine and putting apps on it, it can be very educational and rewarding.

i'd also recommend starting by buying a Linux magazine with bootable CD/DVD "distros" on them and run them OR if it's Windows stuff that you want to learn then build that additional Windows machine (i'd recommend Windows 7, at least) and get all the drivers sorted, then the apps.

this has been my approach and it's working for me.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 06:44:24 AM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline DiCaprio (OP)

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 04:31:10 PM »
Thanks a lot guys. Just bare with me as I extend my questioning. Ok , so if I wanted to learn about cellular technology,  what type of tools would you gain from that information? I mean would learning that field supply you with tools you could use quite often? What are some of the things one could do with a good grasp on it?

And the rfid scanners and credit card stuff... I know it commercials and are meant for fear mongering, but can dudes just walk up to people and steal their info like that. I know of one guy that did some crazy shit and hacked a gas pump credit card reader and I think read cards like that.

Lol sorry for so many questions, but could you not learn a language and make customized software that would manipulate whatever you wanted? Or could you make your own language? And if you could, how does one get an OS to recognize that language so you can give it commands? Or does one give commands to the software and them the software executes?

Last question. Between Linux and Windows, is it just preference or does one hold an advantage over the other and vice versa? And @chipper , by creating an own machine to fu k around on, you just mean get a shitty computer thats just for planting viruses and such so you can learn by rooting those out?

Thanks for the help.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DiCaprio (OP)

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 04:35:48 PM »
I know it probably sounds specific, but when approaching a field with vast information I actually like to start on something specific and branch out. For example if I wanted to learn about space, I would ask about gravity and its role. I would then branch off from a phrase or key word used to explain gravity and start learning that. Then on and on and on you get it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:41:16 PM by DiCaprio »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:59:26 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 10:05:54 PM »
<snip>
Lol sorry for so many questions, but could you not learn a language and make customized software that would manipulate whatever you wanted? Or could you make your own language? And if you could, how does one get an OS to recognize that language so you can give it commands? Or does one give commands to the software and them the software executes?

Last question. Between Linux and Windows, is it just preference or does one hold an advantage over the other and vice versa? <snip> by creating an own machine to fu*k around on, you just mean get a shitty computer thats just for planting viruses and such so you can learn by rooting those out?

yes you can learn languages and do anything that you feel capable of doing.

computer languages are often split into low-level and high-level languages. the OS is written in chunks of low-level code and handles requests from the app software ... the actual processing is always shifting between the app and the OS.

Windows and Linux can ultimately do the same thing but when we think of a Windows machine then we think of more the end-user's desktop/laptop experience. Linux is capable of similar graphical control but many of us think of Linux for servers moreso, like this site has.

If you got a shitty computer and installed Linux then you'd have a whole bunch of programming languages provided already. you can write scripts, C-programs and even Assembly (very low level) code.

in Windows, you can open the command prompt and write .BAT scripts etc.

you need to work out all the layers of software so you get a rough idea of the components - it's very daunting in the beginning but i still reckon that you hunt down a machine for you to experiment on.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal