dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Long-term buprenorphine users  (Read 14460 times)

Offline LoneRanger7

• Reputation Power: 5
  • LoneRanger7 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 04, 2017, 07:24:00 AM
  • Better living through chemistry
Re: Long-term buprenorphine users
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 07:05:39 AM »
I concur that when I did get high it was extremely underwhelming. So much so that I was thinking,  why in earth did I get so strung out? Before I would literally salivate thinking about a good iv rush. I miss that but I'm sure it's for the best in the long run.  My life is objectively much better now,  and all I had to sacrifice was the one thing I really love doing!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline traplord69

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • traplord69 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2020, 10:04:58 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 11:51:29 PM »
Now that you guys mention it I do remember that happening with switching between subs and dope as well.  Just a guess but I think the higher the dose of subs that you're on the harder it becomes to go back and forth.  When I was chipping I was on between .25 and .5mg of sub and the dope would break right through that no problem.  But when the dope ran out the same dose of sub would never cover me, I'd have to bump it up to double or triple my usual sub dose and still would feel a bit off for atleast a day or two. Then it would usually be a little uncomfortable tapering back down to my normal dose of .25mg but not all that bad.  It could just be me but with the low dose of suboxone that I was on it never got much worse than that. I did the same routine for about a year and half but it might have gotten worse eventually. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dog Food

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Dog Food is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 30, 2021, 02:49:57 AM
  • Our Community
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 02:11:46 AM »
Yeah, im talking about years of solely bupe use. I only used maybe 2mg most per day in two 1mg iv doses.  So id assume its similar to a 4
5-6mg  sublingual per day habit.  Maybe 8mg per day at most.   I cant even think about how fucked those people on 32mg or more per day will be to try and get high if thats the cause of diminished euphoria from opiates.   Ive read studies on that subject years ago when i was just getting on subs the first time around 2011 too i remember. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2016, 03:57:51 AM »
@LoneRanger7 Dope and weed are more enjoyable once you've gotten into them a little bit... every time I am looking forward or anticipating dope, it's underwhelming and anticlimactic. It's when you're into it daily that you get the good highs... for some reason.

@DeadCat Just curious but, do you want to get off the bupe so your test production will be natural? There's a good chance that, since you've started test replacement, your body won't produce testosterone at normal levels anymore... mine won't :/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 07:15:47 AM »
@LoneRanger7 Dope and weed are more enjoyable once you've gotten into them a little bit... every time I am looking forward or anticipating dope, it's underwhelming and anticlimactic. It's when you're into it daily that you get the good highs... for some reason.

@DeadCat Just curious but, do you want to get off the bupe so your test production will be natural? There's a good chance that, since you've started test replacement, your body won't produce testosterone at normal levels anymore... mine won't :/
[/b]

That's kind of an unknow for both my endorcrinologist and me. If my bodies failure to produce satisfactory levels of natural testosterone (known as the very ugly word: "Hypogonadism") is being caused by the Buprenorphine and not just a coincidental medical condition ( due to age of soemthing else)) then it isn't unreasonable to think that once the buprenorphine is removed, my body will respond by returning back to normal. I don't know that the long term suppression actually kills the body's ability to rebound and get back t normal. That wouldn't be unlike endorphine production: people who quit taking exogenous endorphin s like smack and methadone don't seem to be crippled for life and unable to have a normalsense of well-being after they do quit, at least after several months.

Either way, if taking a weekly shot or daily gels, or both means I have mosterous morning wood again, anda sex drive, ability to build muscle mass and better metnal cognition, and more natural male swagger, fuck it, sign e up I want to be a stud again. I think the women I date will agree, as long as I dont become acliche's "roid head withfits of rage and a literal fat headand mico balls, but that is only when you are juicing for maximum effect.

A I have said befor the erosion of my natural male -ness was gradual and i didn't really notice it occurring while it was. No in a good way , I am ready to fuck or fight and it hasn't made me a asshole jock. In fact the increase mental awareness has helped me be more appreciative of others and to think les about myslef and more about others in responsive and caring way as opposed to the focus on yslef and how iseerable i was before I had sufficient T.

T has abd rap and it IS an essential steroid for both en and when, not just Jockes who over stack and ive for breaking athletic records.

In fact, If my doctor is happy keeping ,e at allow level through the gels I'll stat adding shot secretleyso I can get more out of life, but I'm a drug user who self-medicaes because I am not convinced doctors always do the right thing.

I like waking up with a mnster erection demanding attention and so do the woen I date. But, I will trade a few years of quality life for a fw years of being alive any time I can make that trade.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 09:00:39 AM »
So if you were just on bupe, definitely, you would/should rebound. It's the testosterone replacement that seems to kill it. A lot of body builders end up on testosterone replacement. Because you're shutting down your bodies natural production pretty much completely, it has a hard time starting up again and getting back to normal levels. There are drugs like clomid that some have had success restarting it with but, to my understanding, it usually stops working when you stop taking it. Just saying that, even if you get off the bupe, you might still need the test... not sure if that changes anything for you but yeah...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Illadelph215 (OP)

• Whiskey bent and hellbound
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 28, 2022, 06:21:24 PM
  • Our Community
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2016, 09:22:15 AM »
Pleasant surprise to see this thread being talked about today and to see a lot of positive stuff about subs on it. As I said I've only been on it for a bit but overall the positive far outweigh any negative and I have "my life" back.
I've read horror stories in other places of people blaming subs for bone loss, tooth decay, and other shit but with no studies to support it and the obvious that users usually don't take care of their teeth to begin with, I chalked it up to not being suboxones fault. There was numerous posts claiming the above online though so it had me a little shook at first.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There is no future, there is no past. In the present, nothing lasts.

Offline nikita70

• The Second Of My Name, A Woman Who Runs With Words, Queen Of The Excess, MissThInkLink
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • nikita70 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 11, 2024, 02:23:19 AM
  • They don't have bread-WTF?Let'em eat Opium instead
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2016, 09:47:34 AM »
Nikita has been saying how hard it's been for her to transition to bupe and I was shocked at how bad she's had it,  but there but for the grace of god go I. I'm really glad i saw this.  Now the trick is to actually do what I know is good for me rather than just fuck up thinking oh, it'll be FOINe. Spoiler alert,  no it won't.

@LoneRanger7 , @Catsfordrugs ,

yeah, nikita has had really hard times and it continues, one way or another.  IMO, the main "physical" disadvantage is bupe seems to interfere the circadian rhythm, causes seriously sleep disorder, even as you seem to be already relatively stable on it, I mean when you're so far in it, that for the other symptoms it fixes you... tolerably well.
I think since it's partially agonists and affects Kappa receptor instead of Mu receptor (I'm pretty much ignorant in it, so please correct me if have confused things and wrong),
there's no way to "squeeze it out so to get something more than just this 'tolarable'"...  The word like "delightful" seems to be beyond one's range as on the bupe, so to say. We need to settle for this fucking "tolarable", I guess.

By the other hand, nikita has some seriously personal issues involved, 
and bupe doesn't prevent person from anything else but just an acute, full blown w/d, no matter how far/long you're on it. That's what I think.

And yes, @Dog Food , it kinda ruins your high, indeed. Maybe it's too fresh to conclude, but after I "left for vacation" before yesterday, I felt some very short-lived relief, like "I'm home again" what has been following by some pretty intensive panic attack. It wasn't pleasant at all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A Toda Madre O Un Desmadre

BloodInBloodOutBloodIn

Junkies are like noodles-straight 'til gettin' wet

"Maybe we should follow in the steps of Artonin Artaud and throw our remaining dope in the river,
get flung into gut-wrenching purging withdrawal,drink ayahuasca and eat peyote..." (Roman Totale)

Offline LoneRanger7

• Reputation Power: 5
  • LoneRanger7 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 04, 2017, 07:24:00 AM
  • Better living through chemistry
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2016, 12:48:18 PM »
Ugh, that sounds awful,  Nikita. I agree that personal issues can come into play.  But when I started,  I also felt that tolerable was all i was going to get,  and i'd be bored and miserable forever.  But after a while I slowly built a new life and there is joy.  It takes time and its not easy. I had to commit myself that I was going to give it that time,  and I like my jollies now,  thankyouverymuch. That was hard for me. But slowly,  imperceptibly, joy returns.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline onewayonly

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • onewayonly is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 08, 2018, 02:14:35 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2016, 09:51:55 PM »
I have been taking them for 8 yrs on and off. More off than on but 2 good years of sub every weekday.
I can feel the transotin is harder from h to subs. It takes me 2 days now not 1 like the past. But as long as you push that sub induction back at least 24 hrs its easier.  I always use my cottons for my 12 noon shot and go to bed with the initial tired symptoms of withdrawL. When I wake up I try and take a benzo or lunesta and pass back out. Then when I wake up I take suboxone under the tongue. Make sure to not iv.
It does get harder to transition but come on we are smart and no free lunch last forever.
Sub is a great crutch to some and a structural pillar to others.
im figuring my own shit out but have lots of experience
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Catsfordrugs

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Catsfordrugs is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 30, 2023, 03:57:15 PM
  • Welcome, drugs !
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2016, 12:50:53 AM »
@nikita70
The "less is more" saying about subs really proved true in my case. It took me awhile of being on them to figure it out, too. We are so programmed to take more if we aren't feeling great, and with subs, there really seemed to be a sweet spot. Taking more than what I needed to get to the sweet spot would diminish the good effects. I guess what I'm trying to say is to try experimenting with different doses. As mentioned, it took me a long time to figure out what was meant by less is more. There was a particular day, though, that I had a long car ride ahead of me (6 or 7 hours) followed by what I hoped would be some real opiates. I was trying to not take any subs, so that I could feel the opiates when I got them. Well, I got the call, saying that it wouldn't be today, but tmrw, so feeling defeated, I took about a third of a normal dose. Maybe I'd usually take six mgs, and I took 2. About an hour later, I noticed a pretty significant mood lift. No buzz or anything, but I felt significantly better than if I had taken a normal size dose. I did some experimenting and found that the least amount I could away with felt the best. Give it a try. Everyone is different, but try experimenting with some different size doses. Hope you start feeling better. Your willpower has been admirable.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 01:04:19 AM »
Historically 2mg is about where I typically settle. Ima be tryin' again soon, after a couple weeks off the 'done, so I'll see what it takes for me again really soon, off a pretty healthy 3 yr maintenance jones.. Yay me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 02:42:05 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2016, 01:27:12 AM »
EA, will you transition asap or CT off Methadone for a bit then move over.

Why the two weeks break ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline nikita70

• The Second Of My Name, A Woman Who Runs With Words, Queen Of The Excess, MissThInkLink
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • nikita70 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 11, 2024, 02:23:19 AM
  • They don't have bread-WTF?Let'em eat Opium instead
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2016, 09:59:11 AM »
Ugh, that sounds awful,  Nikita. I agree that personal issues can come into play.  But when I started,  I also felt that tolerable was all i was going to get,  and i'd be bored and miserable forever.  But after a while I slowly built a new life and there is joy.  It takes time and its not easy. I had to commit myself that I was going to give it that time,  and I like my jollies now,  thankyouverymuch. That was hard for me. But slowly,  imperceptibly, joy returns.

@Catsfordrugs , @LoneRanger7 ,

I fully agree that "less is more" in this case, I don't even need to somehow special 'restrain myself' to reach for another one pill.
On the contrary, there's something inside of me deterring and discouraging me to do it, as I can clearly realize/feel I have much enough.
My daily dose is about 2,5 mg and any additional amounts only makes matters worse than before.
This is not any achievement to me to be able to keep myself hang on there.

What bothers me really, I mean really, and makes me feel so bad is the stuff with my "BF". Since I realize that I may be almost stable on it if only this shit weren't involved, I wanted to scream out of desperation and fear.

I'm far from blaming him or so, he's finding himself as entangled as I am, however, if I'd relapse it's going to be not "because I have had such unbearable cravings". I mean cravings itself, in its sheer/pure meaning, like getting bored and whimsy.

Yeah, I know it does make any difference and there's ALWAYS an excuse.
Shit.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:04:14 AM by nikita70 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A Toda Madre O Un Desmadre

BloodInBloodOutBloodIn

Junkies are like noodles-straight 'til gettin' wet

"Maybe we should follow in the steps of Artonin Artaud and throw our remaining dope in the river,
get flung into gut-wrenching purging withdrawal,drink ayahuasca and eat peyote..." (Roman Totale)

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2016, 11:56:55 AM »
EA, will you transition asap or CT off Methadone for a bit then move over.

Why the two weeks break ?

Current plan is to hop over to short-acting drugs for at least a couple weeks and then do the bup transition. Two weeks isn't very long after 3+ years on MMT, but it seems like a good time to do this considering the changes already happening, and I've got enough bup to last awhile once I stabilize on that.

Wish me luck! I may seriously need it brother O_O
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 02:42:05 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 04, 2016, 01:42:50 PM »
Wishing you lots of luck, of course.

Find some Morphine and take it orally but avoid Heroin so you don't push up your tolerance.

Keep us posted please.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal