dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Prince OD'ed on fent  (Read 9675 times)

Offline Guts (OP)

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Prince OD'ed on fent
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 11:46:21 AM »
Well that sucks now the media/government are going to be all about ruining the lives of people who use drugs for the next 2 months. Sucks for anyone with a fent script. Be prepared to see a daily news special on how fent or opiods are killing everyone and everything in there path and how its an epidemic and is out of control. Probably going to make all the idiots who think no one should have opioids, no matter what the use, come out of the woodwork. I pray that they don't make any legislation because of this, making fent possession require a mandatory death sentence or some shit like that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 12:27:02 PM »
I pray that they don't make any legislation because of this, making fent possession require a mandatory death sentence or some shit like that.

OMG this is so true, I could see this happening like, right quick. The government is so assinine, like, if they just made shit available to those that needed/wanted it, and had it regulated, taxed, and monitored, educated the people that used it, thre wouldn't be any of this shit. The people would be happier, the government would save BOATLOADS of money as the war on drugs would be dead, and they'd make s shitload off the programs they could instate.

I don't fucking get it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 08:15:05 PM »
they must've known it was fent ages ago just by checking his blood or urine.

how fucking sad all if this is.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Roman Totale

• Reputation Power: 22
  • Roman Totale is now quite familiar.Roman Totale is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:July 27, 2018, 01:53:33 AM
  • It's alright, the way that you live
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 08:59:09 PM »
I assume this was pharm fent.  But in any form fentanyl is unbelievably potent and dangerous.  One of the few opiates that regularly triggers a fatal OD without any other drug in the system (e.g. alcohol, benzos, muscle relaxants, or even SSRIs, most fatal opiate ODs being more accurately characterized as polydrug ODs).  Sad all around, especially in light of his lifelong abstemiousness and super-clean diet/lifestyle.

And given all the street fent that's currently beefing up glassine bags of B-complex powder sprinkled with heroin -- a trend which only ought to increase, given how easy and cheap it is to produce fent or one of its analogs -- it's just another reason to make Narcan easily available.  To anyone using street opiates, at NXs, or by doctors to anyone prescribed strong opiates; who knows when they might put a heat pad over their patch and never wake up (even though a heavy fent OD might require a few shots or nasal sprays).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 10:10:20 PM »
I think a "tox screen" is one of the very first things they do in an autopsy. I am not sure but I think they draw blood directly form the heart or liver and urine from the bladder before opening anyone up. The blood of course is more important because the urine will only show what's on the way out and the metabolites typical to known drugs. The blood says what was in his bloodstream at the moment of death.

I was never a big Prince fan mostly because at the time he was still Prince and peaking I was much more interested in punk and ska. However, that video about of Charlie Murphy and his boys getting SCHOOLED by Prince and his boys on the basketball court from the Dave Chappel show though, Is one of the funniest things I ever saw on TV.

What really surprises me about this celebrity OD is that like others, he had a doctor on call and could get pure phrarmacy dispensed dope of any kind and be watched by that doctor when he knew the patient was pushing the red line on his use. 10 to 1 says he wasn't copping street dope witha fentanyl kicker unless a friends just happened to have and share it with him.
AND the doctor didn't have Narcan in the house and given instructions on what to do in case of an OD.

One day people will understsnd that opiates feel GREAT and there's never enough and anyone using them will not turn down a little more. When that day comes, regardlss of their legal status, Narcan will be in homes as commonly as fire extingusihers are now.

Something else, I said this when Philip Seymour Hoffman died and I'll say it again.  When someone like Paul Walker dies hot rodding in a rocket on 4 wheels, or skis into a tree or is lost sailing everyone says "Well he died doing what he loved." So do must junkies. Unfortunaltely with them it's "just rewards for bad behavior" when rich a-holes who die climbing a mountain w/o the right tools or training then it is a [noble] tragic death, not "what they deserved" for doing something risky.

Not to be callous but everybody dies. At least junkies die with a smile on their face.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:12:53 AM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Roman Totale

• Reputation Power: 22
  • Roman Totale is now quite familiar.Roman Totale is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:July 27, 2018, 01:53:33 AM
  • It's alright, the way that you live
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 10:25:04 PM »
What really surprises me about this celebrity OD is tht like others, he had a doctor on call and could get pure phracay dispensed dope of any kind adn be watched by that doctor when he knew the patient was pushing the red line on his use.

I think these personal doctors -- like Michael Jackson's -- just have a really tough time saying "No" to their celebrity clients, who they've gotten to know well over the years and been compensated generously for it.  If Prince tells you his hip hurts so bad he needs breakthrough meds, who's going to be the one to tell him "no dice"? 

This has been going on for a while of course -- look at Max Jacobson (the original "Dr. Feelgood") treating JFK along with a slew of famous people, or George Nichopolous who had Elvis on a daily regimen of virtually everything psychoactive at the time of his death.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 03:09:12 AM »
That is true. Elvis, Michel Jackson, Heath Ledger, who know how many more rich and/or famous peope had toadie doctors enable them to death?

Doctors, cops, judges, they all are likely to give the rich and famous preferential treatment. Remember when Paris Hilton had to spend a few days in jail for repeated probation vilolations? Her doctor and lawyer got the judge to allow regular doses of Dilaudid (or Opana) for some unidentified pain. Most of us would be lucky to get things like high blood pressure meds or insulin for a few days until their own in house infirmary would OK and then dispense it.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 09:33:22 AM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 10:33:57 AM »
Ditto on the Charlie Murphy "True Hollywood Story" about the basketball challenge. One of the funniest things I've ever seen. "Darling Picky." LOL.

I wish I had a celebrity doctor like Michael Jackson had. What that guy did was the height of medical negligence. Giving someone an infusion of propofol in order to help them sleep? And leaving them unattended? What the fuck was he thinking? I mean sure that would work, but damn...

Just yesterday the topic of drugs came up in conversation with the two young men with whom I work. One said, " I don't understand why someone would want to do heroin."

I said, "It's not for everybody - everything isn't for everybody."

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 10:36:24 AM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 12:30:12 AM »
agree, @Zoops.

... and I do get them because I also wish I never compromised by endorphin regulatory/homeostasis system.

Opiate addiction is too much hard work - that's how I feel about it now.

@DeadCat, I loved the Ska era too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dhedmo

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Dhedmo is working their way up.Dhedmo is working their way up.Dhedmo is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 07, 2019, 02:55:15 PM
  • Be the flame, not the moth --Giacomo Casanova
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2016, 01:51:50 AM »
One of the first dope stories to break was an interview with Prince's self=described dealer, who said he'd  sold the Purple One a buttload o fent. Then it leaked that Prince had ODed on a flight from Atlanta, that  had to "pull over" in Moline, IL, where he got a narcan shot and flew home. He was reported to have been doing percocets at this  time.

Two things scream out to me:
1) How many people would still be alive if they, or their friends, just had access to narcan?
2) If Prince was taking percs to stay well, his tolly may have dropped big time. How many people have we seen relapse and OD because they tried to do their regular dose when they didn't have the tolerance for it?

This has been a really tough year all around, but especially music.
Hope  all the featured artists make it to Oldchella...

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2016, 05:54:11 AM »
one of the biggest mistakes they all made was they weren't members of forums like ours and didn't get the close supervision that they needed.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 12:48:14 PM »
https://www.thefix.com/fentanyl-new-crack

And so it begins this is not good, this dumbass is proposing a mandatory minimum sentence of 5 years for anyone caught with 2 grams or more of anything that contains fent. So you buy 2 grams that you dont know is fent laced and you just caught 5 years on top of whatever else they pin on you. These people are fucking idiots

I hate this site it has some good articles but 98% of it is counter productive. I read an article on this site about how bad methadone clinics are and how people are supposed to get off it after a certain amount of time and people are staying on it longer so it is horrible so they are just switching addictions to legal dope.

They have articles that say the clinics are legal pill mills and how if you are on maintenance you are not clean and all the other 12 step psycho bs that is used as a harmful ploy to get people to convert, I wish people would just take the good from it instead of using it like that. Like one of their articles is things suboxone addicts aren't telling you, and shit like that, I hate that site and the idiots that comment on their facebook.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
Chaka Khan checks into rehab in the wake of Prince's death
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2016, 11:16:50 AM »
Chaka Khan checks into rehab in the wake of Prince's death

see http://www.thejournal.ie/chaka-khan-2873960-Jul2016/

(FUNK LEGEND CHAKA Khan has revealed that she is seeking treatment for addiction to painkillers, which cost the life of her friend and musical partner Prince.)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 05:51:09 AM »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal