dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Sterifilt  (Read 17562 times)

Offline Roman Totale (OP)

• Reputation Power: 22
  • Roman Totale is now quite familiar.Roman Totale is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:July 27, 2018, 01:53:33 AM
  • It's alright, the way that you live
Sterifilt
« on: June 06, 2016, 02:17:39 AM »
So I just ordered a hundred of these from the UK, since they seem way easier than the luer lock procedure.  The ultimate idea, I guess, would be to use them for any street dope (likely tar) if I started up again, but the short-term likelihood is using them for shooting tiny doses of Suboxone pills (and probably experimenting with IV Nucynta [tapentadol] pills, too.)

I gather they aren't *quite* as ideal as the protracted wheel-filter luer lock approach, but an order of magnitude better than just filtering out binders with cotton or cigarette filters, plus they attach to any basic insulin syringe.

Anybody have experience with them, positive or negative?  For shooting dope, but especially how effective they are at clearing the massive amount of crummy binders in pills.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
Re: Sterifilt
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 04:51:23 AM »
These are fantastic and I cant recommend them enough.

Only issue I ever had was with pills with LOTS of filler, like dilaudid. A big dilly shot usually required 2 filters, but the shot always crystal clear and the filter absolutely caked with binder. And definitely recommended for tar.

Once you see the shit it collects on the filter, and how cottons never look that dirty, you won't want to go back to using just cottons.

But then Im pretty sure I said all this to you already. The etizolam in me says probably.

edit link: http://www.exchangesupplies.org/shopdisp_sterifilt_universal.php
great site, I used to get my sharps and water for injection from there. they also sell IV kits and special foil for smoking. good people.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 04:55:14 AM by neighbor »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 03:11:19 PM »
For all intents and purposes they're just as good as wheel filters. So,I too recommend them and exchange supplies-one of the few businesses that pay more than lip service to users and harm reduction.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 05:56:38 PM »
Excellent.  I can't wait to receive my order; I got it from the Exchange Supplies company that's mentioned, and they do seem to do a good job with HR products. 

I really wish the NX around here -- which is privately-run and very progressive, to the point of giving out meth pipes and crack pipe kits, and making syringe deliveries to the more suburban places -- would invest in some of these.  The only heroin here is tar, so full of impurities by nature, yet they only distribute the dinky cotton filters that do little -- I was using clean cigarette filters (small ones from a bag for roll-your-own), since I read something saying they actually did the best versus Q-Tips, etc.

I'll probably start with a little bit of Sub (<1mg) broken off from an 8mg pill and then maybe dissolved a liquid solution of Suboxone dissolved in water, so I can hopefully taper lower than anything that could be broken off solid.  So plenty of filler, but smallish amounts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 01:48:18 AM »
Seeing as I cannot afford proper filters, I prefer to use cigarette cellulose as to reduce incidents of the feared and reviled cotton fever (of which I suffer tonight). Ive a bad habit of reusing the same coffee mug of water to prep my shot all day... and sometimes the next.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 02:52:33 AM »
A 100-pack of these Sterifilts, no questions asked, aren't extremely expensive, even including shipping to the US, and definitely cheaper than actual wheel filters and luer lock syringes. 

Yeah, if you're just scraping by, they're probably unaffordable.  But you're shooting pills almost exclusively on a daily basis, which is way more harmful than even the dirtiest tar/coke/meth, and the binders left over are doing untold damage to your lungs, eyes, etc.  So it's got to be a worthwhile investment at some point.

EDIT:  I just did a price check.  For an order of 100, including shipping to the US (which doubles the price) they still cost less than $0.50 each.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 03:06:11 AM by Roman Totale »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 03:26:32 AM »
I love threads like this - pure HR all the way 8)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 05:39:11 AM »
A few years back I had tried to find a vendor for the sterifilt and stericup and contacted a few sites but all were for UK it seemed. Cool to know there's a reliable vendor that ships to the US.

I can barely afford to stay well lately. Dope, gas, and smokes. Can't afford to put $10 in my account to order filters :/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 08:55:12 AM »
I got some of these in a test from my nx a couple years back.  Good stuff, but they clog on things with loads of filler like generic dilaudid or morphine.  There always seems to be that last bit of moistness in the filter, and you can't wash them.  Compromises I guess.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 11:30:07 AM »
To be clear,Exchange supplies will ship anywhere-except Japan,North Korea etc. Europe,North America,Australia,New Zealand no problem.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 10:24:54 PM »
Seeing as I cannot afford proper filters, I prefer to use cigarette cellulose as to reduce incidents of the feared and reviled cotton fever (of which I suffer tonight). Ive a bad habit of reusing the same coffee mug of water to prep my shot all day... and sometimes the next.

Im no dentist but I believe your choice to use a cigarette to filter your dope (over standard cotton or any other filter) will have a negligible effect reducing the likelihood of cotton fever, and that the same coffee mug of water sitting out you mentioned along with whatever other bad practices you have (if any) are going to be the main things to look out for

wow Im baked. please excuse and ignore the painfully overwritten verbose bullshit. and thats after a bunch of edits. you should have seen the crap I deleted. the original version had 'accoutrements'  and 'erudite'.
the weed is good. just realized I could have just rewritten it and fucked off with this explanation.
the weed is really good.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline puppy

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • puppy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 24, 2023, 08:56:43 PM
  • Miss you Chem...
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 11:37:11 PM »
Lol @neighbor .....I'm no dentist!!! ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2016, 01:23:43 AM »
@Z  Yeah, whether or not I resist the temptation to try it out myself, I was going to run some by the NX (which I'd described above as very progressive) to see if they'd heard of them, whether they'd consider buying them (since I think there's a discount at 1000 and possibly a separate price for HR institutions), but either way just try giving them a couple dozen to test out themselves (since some active users work there) or to give out to some regulars and see how they go over.

I have a feeling that anything beyond clean cotton for use as a filter is pretty much unknown in the US, much more so than it seems to be in Britain, at least.

I still only have a vague idea of the mechanics of how these work, but I imagine it's pretty simple once you see them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2016, 01:40:36 AM »
And yeah, @theSWPK there may be some aspects of cotton fever that are unique to cotton (one particular bacteria associated with cotton in particular).  But I think cotton fever is often basically just a dramatic bacterial infection that comes on so suddenly because the bacteria are introduced straight into the blood stream.

If that's the case, you could get something like cotton fever as a result of any number of unsterile aspects to shooting up.  But if you used to use cottons and get cotton fever often, but haven't since switching to cigarette filters, that would be interesting to hear.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 01:50:09 AM »
And yeah, @theSWPK there may be some aspects of cotton fever that are unique to cotton (one particular bacteria associated with cotton in particular).  But I think cotton fever is often basically just a dramatic bacterial infection that comes on so suddenly because the bacteria are introduced straight into the blood stream.

If that's the case, you could get something like cotton fever as a result of any number of unsterile aspects to shooting up.  But if you used to use cottons and get cotton fever often, but haven't since switching to cigarette filters, that would be interesting to hear.

Oh I totally agree. I've experienced the fever in complete absence of cotton, the most likely culprit was water. But the way I see it, cotton is just an additional vector, the removal of which should, and has IME reduced instances of cfever.

I also have found that effects can vary by region. The only time I've experienced a "dirty hit" (immediate onset fever/chills) was in the west NV CA. Whereas on the Gulf coast, having lived in MS and LA it's always taken at the very least 1 hour to take effect. 1 to 3 hours, usually about 1hr 45min. This could be explained by differences in how heroin is handled, BUT I'm talking about pills! Anyone else?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal