dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Ever Gotten So Ill That You Didn't Really Care Much About Yourself ?  (Read 11178 times)

Offline Snout

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Snout is now quite familiar.Snout is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:September 28, 2023, 09:42:59 AM
Re: Ever Gotten So Ill That You Didn't Really Care Much About Yourself ?
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 03, 2015, 11:10:35 PM »
I didn't think the thread would yield so many similar responses but it's an all too familiar result of wanton druge abuse.

contrary to what we thought, more drugs had the opposite effect on me/us ... you get so immersed in the drug use-score-use cycle that you disconnect with mainstream society and all the routines that go with it.

although I felt so alone, sick and stranded, back then I had no sane person to turn to.

how I wish I had access to all the good people and technology that i have now because I doubt that I would've plunged into the drug abyss.

medical issues from IV use will undoubtably arise the longer and harder you go - if you think it will never happen to you then you are either lucky, very careful or mistaken

This! I've hAd a lot of medical issues from many years of shooting tar. I haven't shot any tar since the summer, but I've got zero veins left and my skin looks like the coat of leopard or cheetah, but not in a good way. And I can relate to the post about wanting to OD but having to much tolerance. I'm way better now!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I myself have found a real rival in myself,
I am hoping for a re-arrival of my health- wilco

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 12:29:18 PM »
This is how I've felt the last few weeks. I haven't showered in weeks, I only get out of bed to goto the clinic 4 days a week or goto the bathroom. Luckily I am never around people so I don't get judged for it really. I have always hated showering though, if I don't shower for a few days I will jokingly defend myself and say I am a water conservationist. I may be autistic, I hate being touch and especially hate being wet or having anything on my hands. I show a lot of other signs and symptoms.

I have thought for the past few years I may have the early signs of parkinson's disease. I have always had extremely shaky hands my handwriting looks like a 5 year old who is writing with his left hand. I can't draw a straight line to save my life. If I try to hold something in a set position or still, like when I am writing, my hand will violently shake. I often drop things I am holding from a major twitch that happens occasionally where I lose all control of my hand. I am definitely a hypochondriac but I have most all of the signs and symptoms of early parkinson. I just don't know how they would test me or if my doctor would take me serious.

If I do any exercise especially pushups or any thing with my arms I can't hold anything. My hands and arms shake so severe that a lot of the time I can't even hold a water bottle without twitching and losing control of it. It has been pretty bad most of my life and getting progressively worse. It is now noticeable and a lot of things make it worse like if I'm not well hydrated, any exercise, trying to do things where my hand has to be held in a set position, even trying to put in or take out screws is difficult.

Does anyone have experience with parkinson disease or know anyone who has it? I have only read things about it online and never gotten any info from a person who has it. It would be nice to know if it is something I have or have signs of getting it in the future. I used to think it was from drinking because from 15-21 I drank 2-6 beers a day over the course of most of the day to help with sleep and anxiety. I stopped drinking completely when I got on opiates and for a while it made my hands not shake as much.

It is sad watching me to try to shoot up with how shaky my hands are. There were a lot of times I just couldn't do it. I couldn't hold it still enough to keep it in the vein while pressing down and like I said things some things make it worse so if it was bad I had no way of getting well by myself. I would of have tons of tracks because of it, wish they could do something to give me steady hands like a surgeon.

My handwriting is embarrassing and it makes some jobs impossible for me to do most construction jobs I can't do because I can't draw a straight line, cut a line, and I have trouble holding stuff still to screw in. Even hammering nails isn't easy because I am legally half blind due to a lazy eye and it makes my depth perception so off its horrible.

I am also a terrible driver because of it and that may have been a huge factor when I got my dui. The cop said I wasn't crossing the lines but going side to side with in them so he initially pulled me over for weaving. I can't walk a straight line because of it and my eyes don't follow the light the together when they make you watch as they move a flash light side to side.

Also having to touch my point of my nose while standing on one foot was hard to do I missed the first time. It maybe hard for everyone or maybe my brain just doesn't work like it should. I remember when the other guys in my pod had me do a roadside test after I had been there for 4 weeks. I had the exact same results if not worse because I was still weak from withdrawal. It was funny though.

For the nose touch test with your eyes still closed. You are supposed to stand on one leg with your eyes closed for 20 seconds with out swaying to one side then do the other leg. After that you are supposed to hold you arm out like you are pointing to someone to the side of you and only bend your elbow to touch your nose and do it with each hand 3 times. You aren't allowed to open your eyes at all after you stand on one leg for 20 seconds. If you touch anything except for the point at the end of your nose like the side top or nostril area it counts as a fail.

When walking in a straight line you are supposed to walk heel to toe looking forward you can't look down and you can't raise you arms for balance or sway to one side or it will count as a fail. That is hard for me because of my depth perception being off. When I look in front of me the actual line isn't where it appears to be. I am the kind of driver who spends 5 minutes parking or thinks I am in the lines when I am completely over or 8 feet away from the curb or car parked front of me. I can only do so good with mirrors and muscle memory.

Another part of the roadside sobriety test is you are supposed to put your hands flat against theirs without leaning forward or anything. Like they are directly in front of you with both of their hands out in a fist and you are supposed to push with constant pressure against their fists with your hands flat. They pull their hands back and change the amount of pressure they are holding their fists out with and you aren't allowed to step forward or lose your footing. They also do it with you pushing to the right and left.

I would imagine if you don't have good balance or if you aren't a gymnast then you probably will fail. I wonder if they have done studies to show what percentage of people fail a roadside sobriety test completely sober or if they have done tests at different BAC levels for people who have been able to pass it and see if they are able to pass at .08-.2 that would be interesting to watch. I would imagine if your balance is at least pretty good then you would fail
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 01:06:45 PM »
I read that there is a lot of confirmation bias in the tests.  They don't give the test if they don't suspect you are intoxicated, and the test just confirms their theory.  With the availability of breathalyzers now it just seems antiquated.  I am surprised that there aren't blood sugar type pinprick machines for drug testing by now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline alpha

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • alpha is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 28, 2023, 10:00:06 AM
  • Just another day in paradise
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 03:36:40 PM »
Saw this earlier today, the newest tool in Big Brothers arsenal. All I can say is what the motherfucking fuck?

http://www.gizmag.com/roadside-marijuana-breath-test/40692/

Detecting marijuana by way of a road-side test seems an obvious enough measure as the legalization movement gathers momentum, but an effective technology is yet to really be established. Current approaches relying on blood and urine samples are unable to distinguish between somebody driving under the influence, and somebody that has simply used the drug sometime in the last month. But one US company now claims to have developed a breathalyzer system that can measure levels of THC in one's breath to determine how much a road user is impaired when behind the wheel.

The journey toward an effective road-side breath test for marijuana has been a slow-going, with a number of private companies and research groups making gradual but important progress. These have included teams from the University of Akron and Washington State University who are working on small devices that through breath and the saliva can quickly measure THC, the psychoactive ingredient of marijuana.

Canadian company Cannabix is a private firm that claims to be closer to a market-ready product, recently announcing an alpha prototype that it says can detect THC use within a two-hour window to offer on-the-spot positive or negative readings. But other than a lot of huffing and puffing, Cannabix is keeping its cards close to its chest in terms of how its technology actually works.

In claiming a major scientific breakthrough today, California's Hound Labs isn't giving away a whole lot more. But based on just one or two breaths, its proprietary technology developed with scientists from University of California, Berkely is claimed to measure THC levels to within 500 picograms (one trillionth of a gram). Through a mix of chemistry, microfluids and engineering, it says its technology is at least one million times more sensitive than that used to measure alcohol on the breath.

"What we can tell you is that our device utilizes precise chemical reactions to isolate THC and measure the actual level of THC in breath," Hound Labs' CEO Dr Mike Lynn, tells Gizmag. "After it is optimized for a hand-held device it will be very similar to current roadside alcohol breathalyzers used all over the country."

A breathalyzer that gauges the actual levels of THC, rather than producing simply a positive or negative reading, would be a great step toward an effective solution. But there is still some conjecture over exactly what level of THC represents an unacceptable impairment for drivers. In Washington, for example, five nanograms of THC per millilitre of blood is the legal limit, while other states have taken a zero tolerance approach.

Hound Labs tells us it has tested its technology in the laboratory, with clinical trials and law enforcement roadside tests to begin soon. It will be built into a hand-held breathlyzer just like those used to test for alcohol, with the device to carry a similar cost and be unveiled early in 2016.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
RIP Chemboy, Entropy, Paups, Than, Dr. McKay, GnD, Poonwalla, Southernbelle, goagirl, lalifer, Eon, Count Zero

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2015, 04:11:58 PM »
I would LOVE to do a skills course on and off bud in order to evaluate impairment.

As a teen I'd get high as fuck and ride motorcycles on tracks, around and around and around, for hours and hours, just blazed as fuck. I'll still blaze before hitting up the local indoor rental kart track, and I'll put down the same times I always do -- I don't think it really matters that much.

To me with weed the biggest problem is attention (like always really), but I really don't think it impairs coordination much at all.

Damn would I love to find out.

Thinking about it, I actually could do this. But if I documented it and it got out, I'd almost surely be banned from the car clubs and fuck that. There'd have to be like permission and oversight..

I knew this would come up someday.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline alpha

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • alpha is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 28, 2023, 10:00:06 AM
  • Just another day in paradise
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2015, 04:20:45 PM »
And to top that, just read this in my monthly newsletter from my health care provider.  Looks like I'm going to have to give up MJ in order to keep my prescription for Opiods (not gonna happen), or join the millions of other undermedicated folks that must resort to illegal methods to procure the medication I need to be able to function. Total Fucking Bullshit.   Here's the article:

"In response to the rising epidemic of abuse of prescription medications, South Shore Medical Center has taken a proactive stance to enhance patient safety and stem the supply of unnecessary controlled substance prescriptions in the community. As of January 1, 2016, South Shore Medical Center will roll out a new policy which will govern the prescription of all chronic controlled substances (opioids, sedatives, and stimulants). A new Medical Center initiative on THC (marijuana) use will also be incorporated in the policy. Look for more details in the South Shore Medical Center newsletter next month. We look forward to working with our patients to build best practices around safe prescribing in the community."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
RIP Chemboy, Entropy, Paups, Than, Dr. McKay, GnD, Poonwalla, Southernbelle, goagirl, lalifer, Eon, Count Zero

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal