dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: How you make money?  (Read 25829 times)

Offline adamn1t (OP)

• Reputation Power: 4
  • adamn1t is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 02, 2019, 09:31:16 AM
  • Fuck it
Re: How you make money?
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 02:02:08 PM »
Lol z's got worms. Thats some true entrepreneurial spirit there.

As for boosting i got caught when i was 13 for some candy and stupid shit. They let my dumb ass go, but it scared me straight.

Anyone spent any time begging with a sign at a busy intersection?
I love to hear more about that. What kind of money did you make? i know there is  someone in here thats done that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tainted

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 02:46:30 PM »
Anyone spent any time begging with a sign at a busy intersection?
I love to hear more about that. What kind of money did you make? i know there is  someone in here thats done that.

i wont beg for money and then spend it on something unrelated like drugs, but im not above spending all my money on drugs/using all my gas and getting stranded cause my gas light is on and ive got an hour drive home. so ill pull into a gas station and ask a couple ppl if they could help me out with a gallon of gas. generally ive noticed ppl will give me whatever spare change they got in their pocket, then theyll watch to see if i put it in my gas tank, once i do they come back up and gimme 10 bucks (which goes into my gas tank)
ive actually had a cop fill my tank up (either off-duty or undercover) asked some rnadom dude if he could help me w/ a gallon of gas i only lived a few exits away on the highway, he said sure, gave me 3 bucks which i put in my tank, then when i put it in my tank he pulled his car over to me, showed me his badge, put his CC on my pump and filled my tank while telling me panhandling is illegal. one of the only positive interactions ive ever had with police.

edit: just want to add, thats not something i do regularly. only happens when ive exahusted every possible way of getting money, im dopesick, have just enough to get myself well and enough gas to get there, just not enough to get home. and i fuckin HATE doing it, i feel like such a piece of shit (even though the money is being used exactly as i said it would be)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 02:50:37 PM by Tainted »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline Dog Food

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Dog Food is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 30, 2021, 02:49:57 AM
  • Our Community
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 06:39:12 PM »
Yeah, that was years ago before it got really strict with it.  They were starting to set up a 3rd party company that once you returned so much you got blocked at every store. I dont think id be down with it anymore nowadays.   Im almost a month clean off everything even subs now and dont wanna go back to that life
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 08:05:43 PM »
I've only really worked for my drug money or sold my own stuff, at least as an adult.  Prior to 18 when i got sober for a bit I was a little thief, would steal $ from family, etc... i went to aa & i guess i grew up a lot because after those 5 years i've only ever stole comfort meds & food from big chain stores & not much, only when really necessary.  Of course the necessity to steal those "somewhat justifiable" items was still because i spent my own money on drugs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2016, 09:22:13 PM »
I grow superworms and mealworms to sell as feeder insects at some local pet stores.  It's just side income, but it's worth a couple bills a month.  It's pretty low effort.  For the most part we toss in veggie table scraps and every two weeks shuffle around a few bins.  It's mostly to not have to pay for feeding my geckos and hamsters as much, but the extra turned into some extra money.

Z, now THAT's highly original and kinda amusing!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 03:14:22 AM »

have to be really careful doing shit like that though ESPECIALLY if your stealing shit with someone else (one person steals, one person returns) cause they'll hit you with organized retail theft which is a felony and DOES carry prison time. friend of mine did 3 years in prison for stealing baby formula and shit and selling it to bodegas and shitty hood convience stores. i guess it also in part depends on the town your in.

It absolutely makes a huge difference where you are. The misdemeanor shoplifting charges I collected in the 90s, all 3rd degree for being under $300, would have had me a CDC candidate in California. Get popped boosting twice in CA and they can call it "petty with a prior" and they send people up for that shit; it's really no joke in CA, I'm lucky that I had a lot of experience by the time I started boosting in SF and *very* lucky I was never caught and arrested for shoplifting, couple very close calls but no arrests there..

It's probably the conspiracy aspect that pisses them off, they don't generally like any kind of conspiracy and automatically make shit really serious if they suspect multiple parties are involved in a crime.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dog Food

• Our Community
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2016, 09:35:10 AM »
I know all the stores had like a 3 time limit before they blocked you at that point except forthe one store.   My dude had called the number on the reciept and it said he had returned like 40k worth of merchandise just with his id.   And people had used anybodys id at that store even not looking Anything like the person.  Its like that one store just didnt give a fuck.   

My one buddy had found an id, and the guys last name was weiner,  the girl behind the counter looked at it and started laughing, still did it.   Like the one store location tried giving my dude 42 dollars credit for a bag of clothes, he said no and took the same bag to the usual store and got a 400 dollar gift card.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2016, 10:24:43 AM »
Or you can find a cheaper apartment complex and wait till it's late at night. Most of them will have a small Laundry room on each floor. Get a good strong flat head screw driver and (but not 100% necessary) a tire iron with the flat end. Then go in and pop the quarter catchers of the washers and dryers. They are usually pretty easy. Especially in the cheaper, run down apartment complexes they will have old ass w&d's. You hit a dozen of those will get ya about a hundo.

~Im talking about doing this in a video game. I am not recommending committing any crimes~  ;)

Hey have you ever heard the tales of the washing machine bandit? Sounds like you and him would get along JUST fine...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 10:40:02 AM »
I've got one occasion where I was a panhandler, it lasted about 10 minutes, tops.

I walked to the busiest train station in the city, at a door that was a major thoroughfare for foot traffic bc it lead right into the financial district. I got my saddest looking face on, and started asking for money for a train ticket because I was stuck. This nice Asian lady walks by me with a sad looking face, and her friend just tells her to ignore me. She gets about 10 feet away and turns around, walks back with her wallet out and says "you poor thing, how much do you need for a ticket?" I said "uhh.... $2-3 will get me there, she gives me a $10 and says get yourself something to drink/eat"

I never did it again. That look on her face of genuine empathy, of "I'm doing something good for this guy", I mean, yeah, I spent the 10 on dope but I never panhandled again. Felt too bad.

Boosted from a shitload of stores though. If I gt caught stealing a candy bar now, I'm looking at 1-3 years in the joint. Chi is just like california it sounds, "petty with a prior" gets elevated to felony immediately.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2016, 12:13:46 PM »
I could never bring myself to panhandle. I learned to boost/return before I was even strung out (cos I had a car and ID when I started hanging out in the district), so I was always much more willing to do even 2-3 really small stupid returns than sit down on the sidewalk and ask people for money. With as many Starbucks as there are out there, even in '95, I could make $8-$12 per stop and just make 4-5 stops on the way into the city to cop. Easy money, low risk -- I mean how many people really steal from Starbucks?. I did something similar with a receipt hustle at grocery stores, I could make $10 at every safeway between me and where I had to go to score, and there are always at least 3-4, or more. Again, it would take a couple hours, but it worked and it was very low risk (by this point, I had already been popped a few times and was pushing it).

Occasionally I would hang out at pay phones and bum change so I could call the dopeman, but that's not really the same thing as panhandling.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2016, 12:30:30 PM »
I've got one occasion where I was a panhandler, it lasted about 10 minutes, tops.

I walked to the busiest train station in the city, at a door that was a major thoroughfare for foot traffic bc it lead right into the financial district. I got my saddest looking face on, and started asking for money for a train ticket because I was stuck. This nice Asian lady walks by me with a sad looking face, and her friend just tells her to ignore me. She gets about 10 feet away and turns around, walks back with her wallet out and says "you poor thing, how much do you need for a ticket?" I said "uhh.... $2-3 will get me there, she gives me a $10 and says get yourself something to drink/eat"

I never did it again. That look on her face of genuine empathy, of "I'm doing something good for this guy", I mean, yeah, I spent the 10 on dope but I never panhandled again. Felt too bad.

I had a very similar experience where i jumped the turnstiles and immediately got muscled and thrown out by the security guy.

it was heavy handed but some nice lady was watching me unable to pay for my fare as i was thrown out and i needed to get to this part of town badly.

she threw $20 at me and i was SO grateful. it's easy to forget about all the nice people around but you'd never know otherwise ... i felt bad that i had got in this position and that some poor soul had to fork out the money to help me sort myself out.

i decided then and there to not do that again and to avoid being that pathetic guy ... i just can't beg, either.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 10:16:15 PM »
I heard about this guy who upped his MD dose and sells the runoff for extra ends.....

But he hates that shit yo.

He knows it's a only a matter of time b4 this financial strategy jumps up and bites him square in the ass.

I panhandled ONE mfen time in my entire life cuz these punk ass dudes I was Rollin into SF from OAK with on Halloween nite, and they abandon my ass rolling my balls off in the GD Mission District begging to get fare for the BART @ 3am, pupils huge as satellite dishes.

Try playing that shit off like you're legit trying to get home.... begging with "I been on a drug binge all nite" look all over your stupid face, sayin "HUH!" All loud at people when they would ask me shit. Cuz my ears are blown out from a funky Halloween Rave.

Fuck me..... took all GD nite.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:24:46 PM by Snoop »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2016, 10:21:37 PM »
Snoop, I knew an old lady that earned her money by selling almost all her take-home doses and getting very sick whilst having End Stage Renal Failure.

her government assistance couldn't cover her rent so made a 'job' out of withdrawing - now THAT is absolutely horrible.

she died ... how miserable, is that ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dog Food

• Our Community
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2016, 03:50:31 PM »
A really legit way to sell meds would be to get on subs without a habit, get scripted 4 a day, and straight flip em.  They go for 15 all the way up around ne, 20 for one a lot of the time too.  Thatd be about a 1500 profit every month. Or 60 a day(if u got insurance, and know enough people to flip em to.

Thats the reason its soo dangerous for addicts to even get on subs and so hard to actually take em.  Most of my friends would get their 90 strips in their hand and go on a week binge only to be left with like 5 for the rest of the month if they even saved that much
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mr.pooper

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Mr.pooper is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 26, 2022, 09:12:34 PM
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2016, 04:30:08 AM »
Sold my plasma a couple of times. I hated it...felt like they were harvesting humans.

They penetrated me. Took what they wanted. Then causally told
Me i was paid through their money card system. They re-injected ice
Cold saline into my veins. I was so cold. Walked outside blinded by the sun and dizzy. I felt violated. But I had enough money to reup for the day.

As for the panhandling with a sign. It seems like a cardboard sign is a instant "turn your head away" magnet. I saw a YouTube video comparing two guys holding signs. The first one said something like "veteran hungry,
Anything helps". Almost everyone was ignoring him. The second guy had a sing that said "Need money for alcohol and drugs". So many people sympathized with his honesty. So much that they were handing him $20 bills and saying "go get a bottle and relax". I was honestly surprised. People just really hate disception.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If only I had checked myself"
-Guy who wrecked himself

Z

« Reply #29 from previous page: October 01, 2016, 03:04:56 PM »
When I used to panhandle I found that the best way was to make people laugh.  If you can get them to engage with you and feel interested in you, then you have pretty much won the battle.  More people give money to someone who feels good, and makes them feel good then to someone who is depressed and miserable looking.  I used to have good luck going out by the edge of a city, near a highway, and flying a sign saying "travelling, stuck, and hungry.  Work or any other help accepted.  God bless."  You have to look clean, and sort of like a college kid travelling around for a bit.

I have my theories for why it works.  People would love to travel around a bit, and want to support someone else having an experience they would love to have.  Also it makes them feel like you aren't just some junkie stuck in their beautiful city forever.  I used to make loads of money doing that one with a smile on my face.  I'd pull in $500 in 4 hours some days.  You had to move around to different corners as well.  The money usually drops off at a certain point when you've been in the same spot for more then a week or so.  It worked best for me on a highway off ramp that has a light right there, or at a median at a long light.  Something with enough time to smile and engage with people a bit.

Other standby's included "Out of work pornstar.  Spare change for thongs and a new camera."  or New roll of film etc. Works great with a cute little punk rock girl beside you.  "Kick me for a buck."  "Way too sober.  Spare some drugs?"
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:10:54 PM by Z »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal