dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

• D&U election 2016. 5 0 10 2
Currently:  

Author Topic: D&U election 2016.  (Read 37274 times)

Offline Fat Pie

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Fat Pie is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 12, 2022, 04:01:23 PM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
Re: D&U election 2016.
« Reply #59 from previous page: October 28, 2016, 11:20:51 AM »
I apolgise for the diatribe, but I felt it needed saying. I don't mind being criticised, that's fair game and I acknowledge my own shortcomings, but it is another thing entirely to cast false aspersions on people's actions or motives with no proof whatsoever just because you disagree with them over something. I've seen this tactic before, and frankly, I'm sick of it. Insult me all you want, but the sweeping generalisations and conspiracy theories need to stop.

Well I don't want to fight either. Yet Fat Pie is a nom
He also disappeared.

I'm right here Hero. Sorry, but like everyone here, I do have a life outside of this, and sometimes that gets in the way of things, you know?

I personally think that if you held the position last year you shouldn't be run again.

I will say that I do think fresh blood is pretty much always a good thing for positions like this. Everyone should get a shot, and everyone does. I can't think of a fairer way to appoint people, and this is miles ahead of any decisions that Jonny ever made.

and I think it looks bad that you might be able to control the election results.

Wait, what? I don't think that's doable, and even if it were, who the hell would stoop that low? Plus, any manipulation of a public poll would be obvious. People would leave in droves.

Do you really think that little of people? Do you think there anyone here who has any interest in being part of some rigged staffing system? After all the shit we went through with Jonny, who didn't just rig things, but outright exploited people?

If folks didn't acquiesce to his crap, why on Earth would they do so for anyone else?

I wish you wouldn't just throw out these wild theories and accusations without thinking about what you're doing.

I'm not saying anyone did a bad job.

OK, fair enough...

As for FatPie really hasnt been around till the elections.
Sounds like some George Bush vs John McCain shit.like he is appointed to that spot. Or just coronated into it. No work but gets the job.

Woah man, what happened to "I'm not saying anyone did a bad job."? And all this crap about George Bush, John McCain, appointed, coronated, no work? What have I done to deserve that from you?

I know we've not always been best buds, but c'mon. I've defended you in the past over stuff like this, but there's absolutely no need to turn the vitriol on me.

And what in the hell are you even talking about? These are nominations, not appointments. The entire reason this thread exists is because the positions here are elected!

You don't honestly think I'm going to get voted in again, do you? I had my shot, and according to your judgement (and mine, I might add, which you'd know if you read my post), I blew it. So what's the problem? Has anyone mentioned a word about circumventing the votes of the membership, much less just to cater to my silly ass? Do you really always have to think the worst of people, especially when they've given you no cause to do so?

At this point, I don't care about what position I hold. I want the self-esteem to be able to chat casually on the boards again, but it's difficult for me, and you'd know that if you bothered to read what I've been saying. I want the job to go to the best person, and I'm not convinced that's me (I've never been convinced of it, to be honest; I don't think Jonny picked me for my amazing skills, he just saw someone he could exploit). Do I need to repeat myself? Did you even read my last post? Was I not clear enough?:

"I haven't been around nearly enough for this place, and while I'd love another chance to actually contribute to the forum now that my life has slowly started turning back from the brink and things are beginning to come together, I can totally get behind giving someone else a chance to do the job justice if that is what folks would prefer."

"I just haven't been giving D&U the respect it deserves."

"I'm happy to have another go at the job if there are no other takers, but if you want to find someone new, I don't blame you."

The reason I posted here wasn't to be some johnny-come-lately and swagger my way back into a position to which I am neither entitled nor appointed (regardless of your opinion to the contrary), but rather to avoid just abandoning this place (and especially an event this significant) without at least explaining to people what's been going on with me. I always hated the way that Brony just up and disappeared from Opiophile one day, but I'm sure he had his reasons, and as I've found out for myself, the longer you stay away, the harder it is to come back. And while I knew how this might look to some people, I thought it better than just acting like this place doesn't exist. I half thought it was a mistake to even show my face here again; I was expecting something like this. But my pride comes second to the board. I owed an explanation, and that's what I've given.

What you may not realise is that being here at all is difficult for me. I still dwell on how I failed this community, and guess what? It doesn't make for great motivation. So why be here at all then? Because I felt I owed it to all of you, and I still feel that way even now. I never wanted to burden this place with the 'woe is me' crap.

It's absolutely true that I haven't been here nearly as much as I should've been, but as I explained in the first post I've made here for a long time, I've been trying to deal with my life first and foremost. That's not an excuse, I'm just explaining that what happened at Opiophile left me in a very dark place. Every time I come here reminds me of it, and I've had to work very hard to prevent things getting even worse in my personal life. In fact, I'm amazed things are positive at all right now.

And even though I've been away, it's not true that I've done 'no work'. It's absolutely true that I haven't contributed nearly enough, but there are more than a few Helpdesk topics with my contributions on them concerning the numerous issues which have arisen and been dealt with over the past year (not that you'd know any of that). This might not count for you or others as 'work', but it was the best I was able to do, and I'm sorry if that wasn't good enough. Unlike Opiophile, I never got comfortable with the technical aspects of maintaining this forum, and again, that's on me; in fact, my experience seems to be the only thing I've been able to offer to this place, and that being as the admin of a site which will forever go down in history as an infamous calamity. That is my legacy, and unlike Jonny, I feel guilt about it every day.

Do you wonder why folks like Fear stopped coming here after that mess? I do, because I've had those same feelings of shame and guilt (though thankfully I was spared the odious rumours for the most part, something which also greatly contributed to the absence of one of the most loyal friends I've ever had on a forum; I have yet to see retractions of those claims, which were never substantiated). But that's my problem, not yours, and it shouldn't have any bearing on the dedication I have to this place. But despite my best efforts, and the wonderful support from many of you here, those thoughts have often got the better of me.

I can't boast of doing as much as my fellow admins, or all the other mods who've worked tirelessly and sometimes thanklessly to try and please everyone, regardless of personal issues, popularity or any other selfish concerns. At times I have felt like a fifth wheel, and it's my fault that I didn't flag that up sooner. I thought I made it clear enough in my original post here that I think the position could go to someone far more dedicated and better placed to serve this board. My only claim is that of being willing to step in if no one else is able, and this time to actually do something worth a damn. I have to give major props to Chipper, Dizzle and the others, who all worked excellently according to what I saw. Was there always complete agreement? No. That's inevitable when it comes to managing a forum. But even when there were issues or conflicts, there was never anything less than absolute professionalism and dedication from the whole staff. And unlike you, not once was I denigrated or shamed based on my attendance (or lack thereof). When I could contribute, I did, all the while making effusive apologies for my absences. To his credit, Chip was always supportive, and I will always be grateful for that.

I'm disappointed Hero. I really thought you were past this kind of thing. You say quite rightly that "Everyone needs to burn a joint and chill". That should include you.

Anyway, I'm sure this storm in a teacup won't matter a damn by next week. I'm sorry for going on and on, I really shouldn't even bother responding, but I can't change my nature.

To whoever the elected team of staff are, I wish you the best of luck, and I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job. This place has lasted for over a year, and it deserves many more anniversaries to come. With those who are elected helming the forum, I have no doubt it will succeed.

I wasnt going to do this again, but the board deserves to have two active admins.  Dizzle had a large workload for the last year, and I dont want to see that happen again this year.  Admins dont have a lot of power, but there is agreat deal of responsibility in the form of manual checking that just takes time and commitment.

With that in mind, Ill put my name in as an admin.  I apologize for the back and forth on it all.

Good luck to everyone.  All of the candidates seem to be good people, and I think that all of you would make a great giant super moderator team.

Amen to that. I think you'd make a great admin.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 11:57:03 AM by Fat Pie »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2016, 12:08:47 PM »
Less than an hour to go so I'm closing  this now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2016, 05:01:01 PM »
Z u would make a great admin and have my vote
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2016, 01:44:43 PM »
i will NOT be including people that haven't nominated themselves !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal