dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Planned Parenthood Hearing (i.e., Trial)  (Read 15627 times)

Offline Narkotikon (OP)

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
Planned Parenthood Hearing (i.e., Trial)
« on: October 01, 2015, 02:34:05 PM »
I saw parts of this on MSNBC on Rachel Maddow last night.  Today I saw it on Comedy Central's news / satire shows. 

Were those douchebags ever going to let that poor woman speak?  They were asking questions then constantly cutting her off.  I loved how she asked "can I answer the question?"  She should have given them an eye roll too. 

Then that fucking idiotic chart.  Um, that's not how charts work Republicans.  There wasn't a Y-axis.  And the numbers were flipped.  Not to mention the chart was made by a right-to-life / anti-abortion group.  Like their statistics aren't ever skewed.   ::)   

I think this is fairly obvious to anyone with a brain: this was simply a hate trial of Planned Parenthood.  In order to get attention for anti-abortion causes, and to get abortion made illegal.  Those panelists were a lynch mob.  They weren't interested in the truth. 

And that guy who said her apology was like a criminal's was an asshole.  I think he might have been the same guy who said "you wouldn't expect us to treat you better b/c you're a woman, would you?"

Even the female Republican.  "You don't really need all that money, do you?"  Sure, b/c they're just taking Medicaid money to pocket.  They don't really provide services.  Only (evil) abortions!   ::)   

Anyone else have any thoughts? 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline jdub

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jdub has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 25, 2018, 03:39:20 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Planned Parenthood Hearing (i.e., Trial)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 03:57:56 PM »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline thetalkingasshole

• Self-Transforming Machine Elf
  • SA_Chat+
  • thetalkingasshole has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 06, 2019, 06:22:48 AM
  • Always with an arm out and a leg up
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 01:04:30 AM »
I watched this on CSPAN after work

I like how the democrats ask her policy and fiscal questions
and most republicans lead off with abortion
the one guy asking "what does PP do in the event a baby survives the abortion"
he was hilarious
"Uuhhhhh, to my knowledge, that has never happened at PP,
but the child and mother would receive medical care"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
As I grew up, I opened my eyes and saw the real world, and I began to laugh, and I haven't stopped since

monkawat

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 01:54:13 AM »
I saw parts of this on MSNBC on Rachel Maddow last night.  Today I saw it on Comedy Central's news / satire shows. 

Were those douchebags ever going to let that poor woman speak?  They were asking questions then constantly cutting her off.  I loved how she asked "can I answer the question?"  She should have given them an eye roll too. 

Then that fucking idiotic chart.  Um, that's not how charts work Republicans.  There wasn't a Y-axis.  And the numbers were flipped.  Not to mention the chart was made by a right-to-life / anti-abortion group.  Like their statistics aren't ever skewed.   ::)   

I think this is fairly obvious to anyone with a brain: this was simply a hate trial of Planned Parenthood.  In order to get attention for anti-abortion causes, and to get abortion made illegal.  Those panelists were a lynch mob.  They weren't interested in the truth. 

And that guy who said her apology was like a criminal's was an asshole.  I think he might have been the same guy who said "you wouldn't expect us to treat you better b/c you're a woman, would you?"

Even the female Republican.  "You don't really need all that money, do you?"  Sure, b/c they're just taking Medicaid money to pocket.  They don't really provide services.  Only (evil) abortions!   ::)   

Yeah- this was handled poorly and many pro-life groups are in fact skewed and hateful in their approach, methods of activism, and ideologies (religious extremists) but that doesn't mean they all are. I for one am very grateful that the group that secretly recorded these planned parenthood doctors and high level executives was able to capture that shit on video.

This is one area I definitely do side with the republicans on. I generally despise a vast majority of general conservative/republican ideologies and viewpoints on various social issues- but I cannot support federal funding for an organization like PP.

Also- on the abortion issue- Has anyone seen the netflix available documentary called "After Tiller"? It is very interesting and generally heinous (the acts performed by these "clinics"- ie late term, partial birth abortions- all the way up to 8.5 months in one instance...) thing to watch. Solidified my view on partial birth, late term abortions and how wrong I feel it is.

I know I'll likely get bitched out and heavily flamed for these views of mine posted on here for all to see- but I don't understand why we have to federally fund a place that does abortions? Why can't we just support a different organization that only provides comprehensive (minus abortions) women's healthcare like PP claims to primarily do. I know that only 3-5% of their work is abortions- but that's still a LOT of abortions...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline thetalkingasshole

• Self-Transforming Machine Elf
  • SA_Chat+
  • thetalkingasshole has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 06, 2019, 06:22:48 AM
  • Always with an arm out and a leg up
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 02:38:29 AM »
TIME FOR A FAT INJCTION OF FACTS!

1) Planned Parenthood is REIMBURSED by medicaid,
2) they DO NOT recieve ANY funding to perform abortions from the government
3) the roughly $60 million the receive in discretionary funding is invested back into expanding services

I guess we should just go back to rusty coathangers
and while were at it, defund WIC too
these stupid mms should have thought about feeding their child bfofe getting pregnant
amirite?!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
As I grew up, I opened my eyes and saw the real world, and I began to laugh, and I haven't stopped since

monkawat

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 03:06:14 AM »
TIME FOR A FAT INJCTION OF FACTS!

1) Planned Parenthood is REIMBURSED by medicaid,
2) they DO NOT recieve ANY funding to perform abortions from the government
3) the roughly $60 million the receive in discretionary funding is invested back into expanding services

I guess we should just go back to rusty coathangers
and while were at it, defund WIC too
these stupid mms should have thought about feeding their child bfofe getting pregnant
amirite?!

I know they do not receive fed funding specifically FOR abortion. My issue is simply that an organization that performs them at all should be privately funded and not receive any federal money.

Solely invested back into "expanding services"? Bullshit. A company as unethical as this one allocating their funds in a proper and totally honest way? Fat chance.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 03:28:50 AM »

Yeah- this was handled poorly and many pro-life groups are in fact skewed and hateful in their approach, methods of activism, and ideologies (religious extremists) but that doesn't mean they all are. I for one am very grateful that the group that secretly recorded these planned parenthood doctors and high level executives was able to capture that shit on video.

lol @ 'secretly recorded' that video is complete bullshit! It's pure propaganda, aka FICTION and entirely misleading.

Just wow.

Mad props to Cecile Richards for pwning those fools who sit there and LIE.

Fact is, if guys could get preggers, this all would be a non-issue. This is about nothing more than some macho assholes trying to put women in 'their place.'

Basic health care should be a right, for everyfuckingbody (ya, pregnant women included).

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 03:30:22 AM by Opus »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 03:48:41 AM »
Also I like to try and stay out of the abortion debate as I don't have a uterus and yes I think that matters but let's not forget pregnancy isn't a zero sum game. People die in child birth.

@monkawat, those videos are trash. Just trash.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 03:51:10 AM by Jega »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jdub

• SA_Chat+
  • jdub has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 25, 2018, 03:39:20 AM
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 04:11:11 AM »

lol @ 'secretly recorded' that video is complete bullshit! It's pure propaganda, aka FICTION and entirely misleading.

Just wow.

Fact is, if guys could get preggers, this all would be a non-issue. This is about nothing more than some macho assholes trying to put women in 'their place.'

Basic health care should be a right, for everyfuckingbody (ya, pregnant women included).

Word. That video is complete and total bs. The republicans claim that they're just good christians, but they love to attack the poor and powerless among all manner of other hateful shit.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline razor girl

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • razor girl is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 10, 2015, 05:42:32 AM
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 08:02:24 AM »

This is one area I definitely do side with the republicans on. I generally despise a vast majority of general conservative/republican ideologies and viewpoints on various social issues- but I cannot support federal funding for an organization like PP.

Also- on the abortion issue- Has anyone seen the netflix available documentary called "After Tiller"? It is very interesting and generally heinous (the acts performed by these "clinics"- ie late term, partial birth abortions- all the way up to 8.5 months in one instance...) thing to watch. Solidified my view on partial birth, late term abortions and how wrong I feel it is.

I know I'll likely get bitched out and heavily flamed for these views of mine posted on here for all to see- but I don't understand why we have to federally fund a place that does abortions? Why can't we just support a different organization that only provides comprehensive (minus abortions) women's healthcare like PP claims to primarily do. I know that only 3-5% of their work is abortions- but that's still a LOT of abortions...

The anti abortion folks are liars and tools.  Do you really want another million kids that people don't want and can't afford to bring up running around?  Seriously?  I don't know about you but I live in a city and we got plenty of those already and it ain't pretty.  Fuck this religious BS, Roe v. Wade is the law of the land, STFU and obey it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
RIP Paups, Than, Chemboy, Eon, Poonwalla, Southern Belle, Dr. McKay, LA Lifer, Entropy, Antigonemuse, Catmouth, Gold 'n Diemonds, Inspektah Dek, Goagirl and all the others taken far too soon.

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 08:25:30 AM »
The anti abortion folks are liars and tools.  Do you really want another million kids that people don't want and can't afford to bring up running around?  Seriously?  I don't know about you but I live in a city and we got plenty of those already and it ain't pretty.  Fuck this religious BS, Roe v. Wade is the law of the land, STFU and obey it.

Preach sister!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

monkawat

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 08:43:34 AM »

Just wow.

Other than the context they attempted to place it under when posting and proliferating it- how is it purely fiction? Perhaps you think of their message and utilization of said video as sheer propaganda makes it partially "fictional" in that regard- but these ARE planned parenthood medical directors on video and this stuff isn't all taken out of context- the setup is painful at times by those posing as potential fetal tissue purchasers but the replies are pretty clear regarding the subject matter at hand.

And I know you are supportive of a single payer system a la Bernie Sanders viewpoints man. Don't think I'm against some of those aspects of that kind of system.

I feel like a broader emphasis on contraception as well as sexuality related harm reduction strategies could serve a good purpose to help cut down on unwanted pregnancies in general.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 09:02:28 AM by monkawat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 08:57:48 AM »

Just wow.

Other than the context they attempted to place it under when posting and proliferating it- how is it purely fiction? Perhaps you think their message and utilization of said video as sheer propaganda makes it partially "fictional" in that regard- but these ARE planned parenthood medical directors on video and this stuff isn't all taken out of context- the setup is painful at times by those posing as potential fetal tissue purchasers but the replies are pretty clear regarding the subject matter at hand.

Dude that video is a total chop job, it's entirely manipulated in order to push an agenda and based on your posts in this thread, I'm not convinced you're working with *facts*.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

monkawat

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2015, 09:01:38 AM »

Just wow.

Other than the context they attempted to place it under when posting and proliferating it- how is it purely fiction? Perhaps you think their message and utilization of said video as sheer propaganda makes it partially "fictional" in that regard- but these ARE planned parenthood medical directors on video and this stuff isn't all taken out of context- the setup is painful at times by those posing as potential fetal tissue purchasers but the replies are pretty clear regarding the subject matter at hand.

Dude that video is a total chop job, it's entirely manipulated in order to push an agenda and based on your posts in this thread, I'm not convinced you're working with *facts*.

I suppose I'm not entirely...I really don't know a lot about this subject beyond some very basic research into the videos and PP allocation of title x and medicaid funding. What am I missing that has been edited out or otherwise chopped to further their agenda/leave out the reality of those convos?

I guess I just let my personal views muddy the waters regarding those videos they put out. I tend to take things at face value sometimes- a flaw of mine you could say... I really didn't intend to start any shit about this whole thing- I allowed my recent experience with that After Tiller movie piss me off and cloud my analysis of the Center for whatever it's called's videos.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 09:06:41 AM by monkawat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2015, 09:18:37 AM »
Google brother, it's all out there.. If you have something specific to talk about, ok, but I ain't gonna write a thesis on everything that's wrong with that BS. I'd be here all night, but the bottom line is that video is pure propaganda.

dailykos.com has a ton of good info, and the comments are frequently even better than the articles.

Here's Cenk weighing in:

Fact is, Planned Parenthood PREVENTS MANY MANY more abortions than they have anything to do with.

How can anyone argue with that?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 09:22:45 AM by Opus »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal