dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Your Own Private Principality / Government ? Your Laws ?  (Read 8725 times)

Offline dazzler (OP)

• Reputation Power: 3
  • dazzler is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 18, 2018, 07:16:06 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Your Own Private Principality / Government ? Your Laws ?
« on: July 23, 2015, 01:17:41 PM »
Your Own Private Principality / Government ? Your Laws ?

This is not a media article but something my good buddy pointed me to this ? http://www.principality-hutt-river.com
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
Re: Your Own Private Principality / Government ? Your Laws ?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 03:21:48 PM »
That website is fucking lame.  There's a similar man in America who claims to be "king" of America or something like that.  These people are delusional.

First of all, he says his "principality" is sovereign.  He can claim that all he wants, but what's important is do OTHER countries (esp. Australia) recognize him as sovereign.  I'm guessing not.  They probably think he's some crazy cooky guy.  They're not taking any action b/c he's too low on their radar, if he's on it at all.  Let him try to make a high-powered compound and see what happens.

There is basically no "free" land in the world left.  Meaning, there's no land left that people can claim just by being there, like this guy is trying to do.  In real estate terms, sovereign land is called "alloidal" title / land.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allodial_title  It's only possible for nation states.  Not something a person could obtain.  Land sold via normal real estate transactions is "fee simple." 

There is a concept of alloidal land in Nevada I think.  But it's not true alloidal land as defined above.  It's basically you pay so much, you don't have to pay property taxes.  It's very expensive though.  Plus, there are other restrictions.  One is that you can't be absent from you property more than 150 days or something like that.  If so, it reverts back to regular title.  Even if you were to do this, you'd still be subject to other governmental restrictions.  Not true alloidal land at all.

As for his use of titles and heraldry, it's laughable.  If he were a true sovereign of a principality, he'd be a "serene hightness" or at most a "highness."  Royal highness only applies to kingdoms and grand duchies.

In the US you're free to change your name to anything you want.  If it's the same in Australia, I wonder if he's changed his name to that.  Would be funny if he did, albeit embarrassing.  I feel sorry for his kids / family.   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal