dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: should i call  (Read 7088 times)

Offline onewayonly (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • onewayonly is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 08, 2018, 02:14:35 AM
  • Our Community Board
should i call
« on: August 25, 2016, 09:39:43 PM »
Hey everyone, hope all is good

So I have been in a new city for 8 hours away from home. So I no noone and really do not chill with anyone in this new city.
I do have a dealer but he is an hour and a half away in another state. I really only have 1 friend I talk to locally and I have not seen him for months. I have not been in any legal trouble in 5-6 years and only a dui was 6 years ago, no possesion.
Today i get home to a deputy sheriff card in my door asking to call him. It had nothing written on it just his usual business card.

As I said i have done nothing wrong and have not been arrested or even picked up for anything in this state. My dealer has had no problems and he is so far away n another state I doubt it is that. If my neighbors were mad about weed, which I do smoke, they would call the landlord not the police. I have been in this apartment since the beginning when I moved here and have had no problems in the 2 years I have been here with anyone.

Should I call the duputy sheriff.

Thanks for answering, any help is good
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dopeless Hopefiend

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Dopeless Hopefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 30, 2017, 01:20:01 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
Re: should i call
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 10:11:01 PM »
If it was me, I'd probably call. If nothing else, he will probably come back again to contact you if you don't. I would just be really chill about it, like "hi officer_____, this is @onewayonly. I just got home from a trip and saw your card in the door. Was there a problem while I was away?" It sounds like you haven't done anything wrong, so they could be wanting to talk to you about anything. Maybe there was a burglary or some other crime committed in your neighborhood & they're looking for witnesses. I get the hesitation to call. Most of us have had very few positive interactions with cops, so we can be pretty gun-shy. Let us know that everything is ok after you find out why he left his  card on your door.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 10:15:21 PM »
I wouldn't but I am biased, they are probably just wanting to know if you saw something that happened in your neighborhood like a neighbor getting robbed, and its probably coincidental that you partake. If you smoke and its not legal or have anything illegal in your house  that'd be another reason not to call, last thing you need is dude to show up and ask you about whatever he is wanting cause you called him, then again he could just show up again if you don't call so maybe someone who doesn't feel like I do about cops should answer this. For me I don't answer the door and I feel like police would be out to get me even if I were trying to help them so fuck that noise.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dhedmo

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Dhedmo is working their way up.Dhedmo is working their way up.Dhedmo is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 07, 2019, 02:55:15 PM
  • Be the flame, not the moth --Giacomo Casanova
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 12:37:43 AM »
 :D Griff,
I saw you post in this thread & thought, "Griff ain't gonna call, fuck no.
 :P
Hope all's well,dude.

OP, I'd call just because it's easier (and based on what you said no riskier) to find out what's up than to wonder/stress.

$0.02
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 12:42:12 AM »
we try to be all things for all people but only you can make this call.

But having said that, I'd do it because my mind would be all over the place otherwise.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline dougrounds

• Reputation Power: 3
  • dougrounds is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 24, 2017, 10:33:18 PM
  • ... ... ...
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 01:19:34 AM »
I'd call just to tell that pig to stop leaving shit on my door.

But seriously, you gotta call. If they wanted you for something, or were trying to be sneaky, they wouldnt be leaving a card on your door.

They're looking for your help with, or knowledge of something...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline corlene

• Reputation Power: 12
  • corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 03:02:53 AM »
Youve got nothing to lose by calling, perhaps much to gain.

If on the other hand they ask you to goto the station, decline, tell them youll be contacting your attorney, and he'll be in touch.

Ive only once had a bad cop experience and I was arrested for possession of trafficking amounts of oxy in an expired bottle. I had just filled a new script not too many days before.

All my other arrests are because of so called "family domestic violence" which means corlenes mom is off her xanax, totally in rapid cycle mania and depression. Making up clearly convoluted stories to the sheriff and guess who goes to jail in domestic incidents? the guy regardless if its the son, husband, cousin, nephew.

My mother has had every male member of our family that has visited florida arrested for something or another....

Yet, she consumes xanax as if it were a meal source.

No idea on that one honestly.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dog Food

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Dog Food is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 30, 2021, 02:49:57 AM
  • Our Community
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 10:45:18 AM »
I wouldnt think its about something you did wrong,  its just a simple question about something id assume.  I remember i was home by myself almost ten years ago, when i was about 18 or so, and got a knock on the door.  Looked out the window first and saw a full uniformed cop standing there.  Scared the shit outta me, but he immediately was like your not in trouble, i just wanted to ask if youve seen this person next door.  I guess a guy applied to be a cop and put that address as his cause they had to live in the city to be a city cop at that time.

Id never seen the guy, told him that, and the cop went on his way.

Maybe if youre like selling out of ur house id be a lil worried but just smoking weed i wouldnt worry. They dont really pursue that anymore
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 10:54:32 AM »
let me give you some good advice I got from my lawyer when I was going through some SERIOUS FUCKING SHIT with the DEA/Local coppers:

- call, you want to act like you're being cooperative. BUT DO NOT SAY ANYTHING if he starts asking questions like where were you? What were you doing? etc etc. STOP. And tell him you're not answering any questions without a lawyer. DO NOT answer a single questions about yourself, not even what you do for a living NOTHING.

- here's the other VERY VERY VERY VERY important thing. NO MATTER WHAT HE SAYS DO NOT GO TO THE POLICE STATION. They can lie about whatever they want to get you there. They can say your dog got hit by a car and they've got it back from the animal clinic and you need to come pick it up, and then when you get there they lock yo uup. Here's the thing. If you VOLUNTARILY GO T THE POLICE STATION and you are even SUSPECTED OF COMMITTING A CRIME, which in the US can be fucking anything and they'll lie about what/why/how/etc and they can LEGALLY DETAIN YOU FOR up to 24 hours and possibly more if they push BS charges and then drop them. UNDER ANY FUCKING CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT GO TO THE POLICE STATION. IDGAF IF THEY TELL YOU YOUR MOTHER IS THERE AND WAS PICKED UP AND NEEDS A RIDE HOME. DO FUCKING NOT GO THERE.

Now, IF they try to tell you to go to the police station, for ANY REASON, you tell them to call your lawyer, and you'll have to get one. That will usually shut the bullshit down, but if they do, and they try to schedule something with you and your lawyer, make sure you're not the one making the plans, let the lawyer do everything. From that point the only thing you say to the police is "I'm willing to cooperate with yout investigation (no ppl cooperate here doesn't mean "snitch" it means you're not fucking them off and being a dumbass) but you'll have to talk to me through my lawyer here is his number:XXXXXXXX" THAT IS THE ONLY FUCKING THING YOU SAY TO THE COPS  THAT IS ALL.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 11:21:19 AM »
Dizzle, I must say that I look forward to your posts especially when anything about the law, legal system, cops, and all the other stupid bs comes up. I think you should become a lawyer, and just fuck the criminal justices system shits up every day. if I was the guy who worked for the bar I would give you an attorney license without you even going to law school just because of that last post, hope your doing alright and thanks for that post.

Hah dhedmo that is funny thats exactly how I am, even though now I recommend dizzles advice on the matters I still wouldn't call and if they came to my house id tell them to fuck off... I really need to hire a lawyer for life. I am doing alright thanks for asking, hope the same for you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mr.pooper

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Mr.pooper is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 26, 2022, 09:12:34 PM
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 08:13:37 PM »
Can't beat the legal advice/wisdom from everyone here. Love this site for stuff just like this. Especially dizzle, very good advice for anyone involved in illegal activities.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If only I had checked myself"
-Guy who wrecked himself

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 08:31:19 PM »
I'd call.  Most likely it's nothing involving you, but if it is anything worrisome not calling isn't going to gain you any advantage & would feed into whatever suspicion they have.  Just follow dizzle's advice if the latter be the case.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline onewayonly (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • onewayonly is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 08, 2018, 02:14:35 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 09:51:34 PM »
Sorry for the late reply guys. Thanks for your advice.
I do have a roomate however I felt it would be me over him any day for police involvement.
He got in a car wreck and a cop was serving him papers cause he had no insurance and is being sued. He got home and he called and thats what the deputy said. It was on speaker and that is what the cop said.
Should have mentioned the roomate but in this life im paranoid and now even more and I heard the cop ask for my roomate and great advice from everyone.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:05:18 PM by onewayonly »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 11:09:51 AM »
I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV but everything dizzle said is spot on and saves me the trouble of typing it.

I'd call but if you talk to law enforcement I treat it like a deposition regardless of if you are sworn in or not. Frankly being subpoenaed is easier because there are less games. Like dizzle said they can lie to you, they can run your words around in circles and try to trap you, it doesn't matter.

One piece of advice I'll leave you with is don't get into the habit of saying more then they asked. For example if they ask you if you know what time it is you don't say 11 am, you say yes I know what time it is. Get it?

But like Chipper said only you can make the call.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline tea time

• New and Improved!
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • tea time is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 12, 2016, 05:48:32 PM
  • Note to self: Try not to get high
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 12:24:21 PM »
let me give you some good advice I got from my lawyer when I was going through some SERIOUS FUCKING SHIT with the DEA/Local coppers:

- call, you want to act like you're being cooperative. BUT DO NOT SAY ANYTHING if he starts asking questions like where were you? What were you doing? etc etc. STOP. And tell him you're not answering any questions without a lawyer. DO NOT answer a single questions about yourself, not even what you do for a living NOTHING.

- here's the other VERY VERY VERY VERY important thing. NO MATTER WHAT HE SAYS DO NOT GO TO THE POLICE STATION. They can lie about whatever they want to get you there. They can say your dog got hit by a car and they've got it back from the animal clinic and you need to come pick it up, and then when you get there they lock yo uup. Here's the thing. If you VOLUNTARILY GO T THE POLICE STATION and you are even SUSPECTED OF COMMITTING A CRIME, which in the US can be fucking anything and they'll lie about what/why/how/etc and they can LEGALLY DETAIN YOU FOR up to 24 hours and possibly more if they push BS charges and then drop them. UNDER ANY FUCKING CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT GO TO THE POLICE STATION. IDGAF IF THEY TELL YOU YOUR MOTHER IS THERE AND WAS PICKED UP AND NEEDS A RIDE HOME. DO FUCKING NOT GO THERE.

Now, IF they try to tell you to go to the police station, for ANY REASON, you tell them to call your lawyer, and you'll have to get one. That will usually shut the bullshit down, but if they do, and they try to schedule something with you and your lawyer, make sure you're not the one making the plans, let the lawyer do everything. From that point the only thing you say to the police is "I'm willing to cooperate with yout investigation (no ppl cooperate here doesn't mean "snitch" it means you're not fucking them off and being a dumbass) but you'll have to talk to me through my lawyer here is his number:XXXXXXXX" THAT IS THE ONLY FUCKING THING YOU SAY TO THE COPS  THAT IS ALL.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND???

+1.  Great advice
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal