dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Russell Brand tells the crowd they should have bought drugs instead of tickets  (Read 9342 times)

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Russell Brand tells audience they should have bought drugs instead of stand-up tickets

Russell Brand told an audience that they should have bought drugs with their ticket money rather than paying to watch his stand-up show.

The divisive comedian asked fans how much they had paid to attend his show at Camden’s Roundhouse, north London on Wednesday while trialling new material in the wake of his Australian tour.

When one of the crowd heckled back that he had spent £20 to attend, Brand referenced buying marijuana replying, “Twenty quid. Five quid more, you could have got a quarter. Drugs are easy,” according to theDaily Star.

He then said: “Don’t worry, it’s going to be OK, is heroin still available in Camden? We’re OK.”

Adding: “My job is to provide you with some form of non-chemical entertainment.”

this continues at http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/russell-brand-tells-audience-they-should-have-bought-drugs-instead-of-standup-tickets-10446735.html
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline _Enduser

• Reputation Power: 8
  • _Enduser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
  • Lex Produca da Original Ableton Killa
    • My original Productions
someone obviously relapsed......
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http://www.soundcloud.com/lexproduca

Please Check out my music!

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
I really don't like Russell Brand.  I don't think he's funny, and his whole "I used to do drugs" shtick is old. 

They could have spent that money in many other better ways.  20 pounds is like $40 give or take.  No way would I pay $40 to see him. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline _Enduser

• Reputation Power: 8
  • _Enduser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
  • Lex Produca da Original Ableton Killa
    • My original Productions
I think it's important to have someone with his level of intelligence engaging people through comedy and trying to provoke critical thought again.  Comedy in the Western World has become OBSESSED and pre-occupied lately with "race jokes" that to me are reactionary against recent social progress and are the new minstrel shows and blackface, despite actually being presented by black performers.  At least he isn't telling "White people this" and "black people that" and "latinos this" and "asian's that" bullshit, so it's somewhat refreshing.

I didn't think much of him until I saw this clip, where he makes fun of himself for getting the "Hugo Boss Award", and noting the association of Hugo Boss with the 3rd Reich. 

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http://www.soundcloud.com/lexproduca

Please Check out my music!

Offline St. Theresa

• St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
I used to be supremely annoyed with russel brand, but I have a whole new respect for the fella. Sean Hannity and him got into and I think Russell was the winner in that shit show.

The trews, his you tube channel, is a pretty good channel. I don't buy into everything the guy says. He's not some awesome spiritual leader of even spokesman for the new age whatever he is. But I do think his overall message is important.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Offline Pullmyhair.

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Pullmyhair. is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:04:17 PM
I could go either way with him, and while I kind of respect the dialog he's trying to create about the drug war, but I absolutely hate and disagree with his position on maintenance. His whole eastern pseudo-spiritual bullshit is also pretty irritating, but I guess he's free to be new age douche if he wants to.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I want to live and I want to love. I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of.
-The Smiths

Offline jdub

• SA_Chat+
  • jdub has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 25, 2018, 03:39:20 AM
I think he's annoying but I respect him for airing out his views and discussing this much needed bullshit war on drugs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
He has a couple of drug-related movies on Netflix right now and I found his "abstinence only" approaach really short sighted. I get the feling that he was a minor comedic cebrity on British cable (?) while he was smoking heroin then got into a detox and bought into the 12 -step method and then his career really took off, made a shiload of money, screwed Katy Perry and somehow credits it all to abstinence. Therefore he sems to think that it will work for everybody.

Maybe for him getting clean did help his ability to perform or maybe once somebody higher up found out he had cleaned up they gave him a better opportunity. Either way he seems to be crediting his sobriety as causality for his success. Bu what he doesnt seem to understand is that for 99% of us, we get high becasue we don't particularly like the straight life and don't buy into the values that getting high interferes with (being a good employee/consumer/obedient citizen) because it sucks if you want something more from life.

We then get high to improve our own personal (internal) world. Drugs work, they do cure a lot of the ailments brought on by living in a shallow, materialistic self-obsessed culture. But when we do quit we are usually very quickly reminded of all the things about our world we can't fucking stand and oddly enough we don't get movie deals and pop star girlfriends when we get sober. That's why most of us take a long time and several attempts to quit, if we ever do.

It's also beyond ironic that someone like Brand, who preaches abstinance and rails against maintenance can't stop talking about getting high. Of course he does. Have you ever been to an AA or NA meeting where a good percentage of the people don't talk about their drug of choice the way broken hearted peoaple talk about their lost loves?

BTW, he also just shut down his Trews website and podcast with no plans to restart it. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out he if he stated using again. If he has and owns up to it and says;  "Fuck it, I love this shit and Im gonna do it  because I love it so bite me."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:18:32 PM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jdub

• SA_Chat+
  • jdub has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 25, 2018, 03:39:20 AM
He was pretty famous on mtv while he was using, I believe.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal