dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Doing drugs differently  (Read 4985 times)

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Doing drugs differently
« on: March 15, 2016, 10:42:41 PM »
source: http://www.theage.com.au/comment/for-better-and-worse-drugs-need-to-be-appreciated-and-handled-with-the-respect-they-deserve-20160309-gnf3yj.html

Doing drugs differently

Does Australia have the courage to changes drug laws in ways that will actually save lives ?

I don't believe we will ever eradicate drugs from our society. In fact, for the benefit of my children and future generations, I hope we never do. Let me explain.

Almost every psychoactive substance I know has some beneficial medical or social use, as well as its potential for harm. When my partner gave birth to our children, when my father had surgery for bowel cancer and when my son had an infection in his spine, they all had access to powerful opiates for pain relief.

Amphetamines have been used for many years to combat fatigue in military operations or manage ADHD in children. In the not-too-distant future there will be a range of medications based on cannabis that will assist many with seizures or palliative care.

Each day in Australia, millions of people kick-start their day with a stimulant (caffeine), and unwind each evening with a glass of beer or wine.

--- I don't believe we will ever eradicate drugs from our society. In fact, for the benefit of my children and future generations, I hope we never do. Let me explain.
Almost every psychoactive substance I know has some beneficial medical or social use, as well as its potential for harm. When my partner gave birth to our children, when my father had surgery for bowel cancer and when my son had an infection in his spine, they all had access to powerful opiates for pain relief. Amphetamines have been used for many years to combat fatigue in military operations or manage ADHD in children. In the not-too-distant future there will be a range of medications based on cannabis that will assist many with seizures or palliative care. Each day in Australia, millions of people kick-start their day with a stimulant (caffeine), and unwind each evening with a glass of beer or wine.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/comment/for-better-and-worse-drugs-need-to-be-appreciated-and-handled-with-the-respect-they-deserve-20160309-gnf3yj.html#ixzz42vpKEkcz
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Doing drugs differently
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 05:55:37 AM »
I really agree with the article but it must be pointed out that the author would stand to gain large amounts of money if his opinion was realized. I don't think that makes it wrong because I'm sure it's the same opinion that I along with most everyone else here has.

It's only fair to point this out as we do when a police chief weighs in with his pro jailing stance. Anywhoo cheers n shit!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions