dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: The 8 Hours on 72 Hours Off: Guideline for Preventing Physical Dependence  (Read 15692 times)

Offline Reezy (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Reezy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 20, 2018, 02:50:54 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
So it was discussed in another thread about making threads that we would otherwise feel like redundant if we where still on Opiophile. So I'm making this thread for those that maybe didn't come from opiophile or didn't see that thread.

Alright, the general idea and goal is to be able to chip often but not get a physical dependency of the opioid of your choice. This may not work for methadone or buprenorphine though because of the loooong halflife.

The 8 Hours on 72 Hours off:

8 Hours ON: You can do as much opioid as often as you like for 8 hours.
72 Hours OFF: You must not take any Opiods for 72 Hours.

The general idea is that the 72 hour break prevents the body from adjusting to the influx of opioods, thus requiring them. When you're 8 hours on you can do as much as you safely can and as often as you safely can because the body will not build a dependence.

The key is you MUST stick to this timing like a religion. No, you cant say "oh 36 hours should be good enough" or "48 hours is 2 days later, i think 72 hours is an exageration, they just dont want me to feel good as often as they do" or "60 is close enough" nope add another 12 and your good bro/broette.

Like I said this hour wont work for Bupe or methadone. Any one have experience with doing something like this with long acting opioiod be sure to post your method.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Snout

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Snout is now quite familiar.Snout is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:September 28, 2023, 09:42:59 AM
Isn't it pretty to think so? I wish I could do this. It kind of leads me to this oft pondered question: which takes more willpower, to shoot dope every 72 hours, or to never shoot dope? I don't know the answer
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I myself have found a real rival in myself,
I am hoping for a re-arrival of my health- wilco

Offline EMC

• Reputation Power: 5
  • EMC is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 09, 2023, 12:29:02 PM
I'm a chipper, but never used this method because my guy won't sell me anything less than a half g at a time. And when I have dope, I'm gonna use it. There is no way I could put it in a drawer and wait until three days later to use. So my MO is to get a half g, use for four or five days, then deal with a day or two or three of feeling like shit. Wait two or three months then go again.

I guess if I could easily buy just one point at a time, I might try this method. Has anyone had any success with this though? It might just be wishful thinking. I reckon if you're using an average of twice a week, that frequency would increase with you barely noticing. Then next thing you know you are using every day.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
I don't think this would be very practical for most drug users. Although each user has their own reasons for using, I think the one most common to all is that they use because it feels good.

And since a lot of addicts are impulsive with poor self control, I do t think most would be able to willingly not use for those three days. Especially if they have easy access. It's just to easy to say just once more won't make any difference. Then you're fucked.

I think the only people this would work for are truly social users, or truly recreational users. Those who'd rather go out with friends and have a few drinks, rather than using to alter their mood / consciousness. Also people with an extremely high degree of self control.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Reezy (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Reezy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 20, 2018, 02:50:54 PM
Isn't it pretty to think so? I wish I could do this. It kind of leads me to this oft pondered question: which takes more willpower, to shoot dope every 72 hours, or to never shoot dope? I don't know the answer

Funny shit is.. That's exactly what I'm experimenting with now. not dope butRC. I think it is harder to do it like once a week then nothing at all but I also see an upside. Some kind of fucked up training, if you absolutely call CANT risk full time..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:59:26 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
once a fortnight works.

using Naloxone or another antagonist to keep it at 8 hours ?

I have not heard of such a protocol.

most chipping methods ultimately end with an addiction, ime.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline thetalkingasshole

• Self-Transforming Machine Elf
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • thetalkingasshole has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 06, 2019, 06:22:48 AM
  • Always with an arm out and a leg up
LOL
If youre still using every three days, youre still dependent
and if you had to go more than those 72hrs youd be really FEELING the w/d
especially if you've had any kind of habit for a few months

I used to "chip" once a week, spent ALL week waiting for the next
for three days after using id be dealing with the typical withdrawal symptoms
then three and a half days of being pissed off
then "8hrs" of my weekly "chip"

That lasted like a month, before I joined opiophile
then heard of the magical 8hrs on 72hrs off
and slowly got deeper annd deeper

Right now I take anywhere from 30-45mg of morphine a day
Split as two or three lines for morning/noon and night
I use less than I used too, when id take 150-200mg over my "chips"

Maintenance is where its at for maximum enjoyment of both
being high
and having a somewhat easier life despite all the obstacles
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
As I grew up, I opened my eyes and saw the real world, and I began to laugh, and I haven't stopped since

Offline Nice

• Say my name!
  • Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Nice is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 09, 2018, 07:34:42 PM
  • Our Community Board
Just as an aside, I haven't used daily, consistently, for over two years. Longtime chipper going back to early 2013.

So I finally get a car and start making trips with $20-$40 every 3 days or so. $20 gets me three packs, and I can do these three packs over a twelve hour period, and STILL be dopesick 4 days later. I'm never terribly ill like back in the day, but its palpable, and keeps me from wanting to leave the house to do anything. I don't have the shits or throwing up, but I definitely feel it. I can't say that chipping has been the perfect formula I expected it to be.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline GOOPYBREATH

• Omnia mea mecum porto...
  • GOOPYBREATH is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2016, 12:47:09 PM
  • Call me John Doe, let the good times roll
I tried this out when I came into possession of a large quantity of acetyl-fentanyl. It worked for a bit, but I eventually wound up with a daily habit. I quit cold turkey for a year and a half or so, but lately I have been using H pretty regularly. I took a few days off last week and surprisingly didn't feel too shitty. I have a bit left to get me to Thursday and then I'm planning a decent stretch of abstaining from opiate use.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Taytoechip

• Above average blanket-fort builder
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 04, 2016, 02:16:36 PM
  • magical leopluradon
THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH FRIENDS

EVER.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No one ever plans to sleep out in the gutter
Sometimes that's just the most comfortable place

Offline jonnyr3b

• SA_Chat+
  • Tech
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • jonnyr3b is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2019, 09:53:44 PM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH FRIENDS

EVER.

I love that.

Holy shit that would a long ass 72 hours in between 8 hours of heaven. Sure this might not get you physically addicted to opiates but it would definitely fuck with you psychologically.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Taytoechip

• Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.
  • magical leopluradon
I love that.

Holy shit that would a long ass 72 hours in between 8 hours of heaven. Sure this might not get you physically addicted to opiates but it would definitely fuck with you psychologically.
ha yep.
That 72 hours would eventually be so long that you use to pass the time. Then before you know it you're down near the local VA rimming a homeless dude on Wednesday with the Nirvana cover of The Man Who Sold The World in your headphones for his tiny stash of cottons from Tuesday that may or may-not have already been washed twice. You hate yourself, but you still keep coming back. Day after day, week after week.

The time flys, you're now permanently hanging out near skid row with a cardboard sign that reads "Will do stuff 4 ur old cotans that may or may not have already ben washd twice jebus take da wheeeel" Day after day, cotan after cotan, trick after trick. as your cotan tolerance goes through the roof, you start taking more proactive measures to get where you need to be. Finally eliminating the homeless trick middleman. your sourcing your own drugs now. and as things often do, you go full circle. Now instead of doing stuff for cotans, you're having stuff done to you by the new kids on the row in exchange for YOUR cotans that may or may not have already been washed twice.

You're on top of the world!
Then it happens.

Youre sick. Past sick. Wickedly sick. Vomit and can poop through a screen door sick. While in the midst of your new hustle pan handling in front of the local Big Lots, you notice a lady and her baby exit her MINT CONDITION 2006 Kia Rio. I mean the shit is nice.
Attempting to hold what bodily fluids still remaining inside of you , you dont move nor say anything to the lady. You just nod as she walks in the store. Barely holding back your wicked gag reflex, you stand up 15 minutes or so later when you see her leaving the store. Nows your chance to try to pull some sympathy (and moneys) out of the well to do looking lady.

"Good evening there Miss" you speak in almost a whisper.

"The fuck you say?" The lady exclaims rudely.

"I was just going to ask.." Before you can complete the sentence you see it. The baby has at this exact moment expelled some of the foulest looking baby puke you've ever seen. You smell it. The unmistakable smell of half digested carrot mash mixed with breast milk. The smell is overwhelming, you start to have an out of body experience. Suddenly you are looking down on yourself, to your and the mothers disgust you are expelling your remaining stomach acid all over this little baby. So much. Ohhh so much.

"WHERE IS ALL THIS COMING FROM" you say to yourself.

Almost as fast as it started, you find yourself back in your body. The womans eyes are burning 2 fucking holes through you. Dizzy, Embarrassed and Defeated, you shit yourself and collapse.

You come too with some of the worst pain in your entire life. Still dizzy and confused, you slowly realize where you are. You're in the county jail holding cell. Puke on your shirt, shit in your drawers. You can hear their murmurs outside. Your embarrassment is only outdone by the stench you were admitting.

"WHY GOD WHY! HOW DID I END UP THIS WAY! I STARTED JUST CHIPPING FOR 8 HOURS WITH 72 HOURS OFF!?" you exclaim while throwing your fists into the air.

So yeah, the moral of the story is if you are going to chip then be fucking careful. Before you know it you could be throwing up on a baby while shitting yourself.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No one ever plans to sleep out in the gutter
Sometimes that's just the most comfortable place

Offline corpus striatum

• corpus striatum is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 01, 2019, 06:57:12 PM
I don't think its as simple as 8 hours on, 72 hours off. I reckon you have to consider whether or not you have had any clean time (and the duration of this) before trying this approach, or any other chipping schedule- a decent streak of time away can make chipping possible and I've found that a single non-nodding dose taken once every 10-14 days can be sustained pretty much indefinitely. Time clean alters ones psychological approach which is essential for successful chipping; using every 72 hours will leave you emotionally flat for a couple of days with the inherent risk of bending the rules one has set for themselves, and is likely a slippery slope to disaster-again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
If no one has done this 8/72 thing successfully for any decent amount of time... how do we know it works?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Taytoechip

• magical leopluradon
If no one has done this 8/72 thing successfully for any decent amount of time... how do we know it works?

simple, it doesnt.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions