dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: how to defeat the temperature strips for urine tests for methadone clinic.  (Read 23289 times)

Offline sickboy (OP)

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • sickboy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 23, 2017, 01:40:39 AM
  • AKA dopetalk.org
Swin's methadone clinic just started using temperature gauges on his urine test. what is the best way to get around this? SWIM  was using a 10 ml syringe to deliver the urine, do you think that wrapping a hand warmer around the syringe is the best way to go.  usually  swim  is unsupervised so he can pee into a plastic cup first, so does anybody have a way of test the temp before having to pouring it into the cup that measures the urines temp.  PLEASE ADVISE.  SWIM is down to 16 mgs and tapering, swim is using marijuana to help, swim wants to get off the clinic, so he would only have to pass maybe three or four to make this happen.   Please help.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons."  T. S. Eliot

Offline Tainted

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
id go buy a bottle of quickfix urine (most headshops sell synthetic urine and almost all synthetic urine comes in a bottle with a temp strip on it) or find someone who has an old bottle of it. obv you can't use the synthetic urine cause you need it to pop for methadone but you can use the bottle it comes with, it has a temp strip on the outside of it. i would just fill it up, stop by a gas station before you take it in and nuke it for 10 seconds in the microwave. tape it to your legs so it maintains temp w body heat you prolly want it at like 99-100 degrees (assume you dont walk in and go immediately for piss test so that gives it some leeway to drop in the cold, just make sure you use the same volume of urine that was originally in the container so you don't superheat a small quantity) will cost you $30 and your wasting the synthetic urine but short of using a thermometer i dont know what else you could do. those handwarmer pads are supposed to keep stuff at the right temp but i NEVER trust them as they are so often defective and don't heat up right away or at all, i wouldn't attempt a piss test with a hand warmer without a temp strip

ive never refilled quickfix bottles with anything before, but ive used quickfix synthetic urine/temp strips/nuking for 10 seconds 12+ times successfully for unsupervised drug tests that I was supposed to pop clean (I've never attempted to save clean urine cause my urine isnt ever clean)

also, ppl don't really use SWIM on this forum. I'm not sure what the official stance is, but to me it's pointless and just makes posts unclear and really annoying to read.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline sickboy (OP)

• Regular
  • AKA dopetalk.org
sorry for the SWIM thing.  It sucks because the plan was to use weed  to prevent from abusing take home bottles.  If there is anybody out there who knows how fast one could one taper down from 15 mg please let me know.  my clinic just started using the temp gauges, so it sucks so much.  I will look into the quickfix for sure. i might have to go and buy the "Whizz Kit" but I would like to use the smallest amount possible of liquid for each test, do you know how much urine the quickfix holds?  The "Whizz Kit and the "Golden Flask" seem like they require a lot  of urine.  I got tested this month already but I have to be well for christmas, after that I might jump off. 
I'm telling the doc to bring me down to 10 mgs asap, he always fights me on it and wants me to come down slowly, like 2 mgs every two weeks, its annoying as hell.  I just want off of MMT

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tainted

• SA_Chat+
  • Former Moderator
I'm not sure what size exactly it is, but yeah it's fairly large, normally they make you fill the cup up above the temp strip at a minimum, and when the quick fix is like 75%full it can prolly do it twice over, maybe slightly less or more. I was just suggesting that brand cause I know the bottle comes with temp strip for sure. You might even be able to find just a bottle with a temp strip on eBay or some shit.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
homey you don't even need to get quickfix, if you have clean urine frozen or whatever, go to a pet store that sells fishtanks and shit, and buy those stick-on thermometers, put it on your syringe you're keeping the urine in. Then you're going to buy handwarmers. When you buy them, read the packaging, some of them go up to 110 degrees, some lower some higher. You want ones that max out somewhere around there.

So here's what you do-

just microwave it in like 5-7 second intervals mixing it between bursts (this prevents hotspots in the heating and thus degrading the sample), once you have a liquid, put it in the microwave till you get it up above 100deg. Then pull it and put it in the syringe with the stick on temp thing. Wrap it in a handwarmer or two, and rock and roll.

Before you go to the clinic though, I'd advise a trail run. Use water, and do just like I said, estimate the amount of time it'll take you to get to the clinic and deliver the sample, see what temp your water is at after that amount of time. Keep in mind, when they're looking for temperature, they are only looking to see if it's above 80-90 degrees. They know that shit is gonna cool off after it gets in the cup. You're much much worse to be TOO HOT than too cold. Too cold, they'll think it cooled quick, too hot they'll know you are cheating.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tainted

• SA_Chat+
  • Former Moderator
homey you don't even need to get quickfix, if you have clean urine frozen or whatever, go to a pet store that sells fishtanks and shit, and buy those stick-on thermometers, put it on your syringe you're keeping the urine in. Then you're going to buy handwarmers. When you buy them, read the packaging, some of them go up to 110 degrees, some lower some higher. You want ones that max out somewhere around there.

So here's what you do-

just microwave it in like 5-7 second intervals mixing it between bursts (this prevents hotspots in the heating and thus degrading the sample), once you have a liquid, put it in the microwave till you get it up above 100deg. Then pull it and put it in the syringe with the stick on temp thing. Wrap it in a handwarmer or two, and rock and roll.

Before you go to the clinic though, I'd advise a trail run. Use water, and do just like I said, estimate the amount of time it'll take you to get to the clinic and deliver the sample, see what temp your water is at after that amount of time. Keep in mind, when they're looking for temperature, they are only looking to see if it's above 80-90 degrees. They know that shit is gonna cool off after it gets in the cup. You're much much worse to be TOO HOT than too cold. Too cold, they'll think it cooled quick, too hot they'll know you are cheating.

knew someone would have a better idea then me, or atleast a cheaper one. id go this route before my suggestion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline sickboy (OP)

• Regular
  • AKA dopetalk.org
Cool this seems like a good idea, I really want off MMT so I can smoke again, their is an 8th of bud staring at me right now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
i've used a small elmers glue bottle with a hand warmer both inside a cloth eyeglass pouch in my pants pocket many times.  I'd pre-heat the urine to temp & the warmer would keep it near perfect for hours.  I did have an infared temp gun handy, mostly for the pre-heating but it'd stay 90-100f in my pocket pretty reliably.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline lilbay21213

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • lilbay21213 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 07, 2018, 08:50:01 AM
  • Our Community Board
Unsure if it works for guys but i heat mine in hot water from when i get up till i am ready to go and stick it between my legs
I have never failed one yet well not for Temperature anyway LOL
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tainted

• SA_Chat+
  • Former Moderator
Cool this seems like a good idea, I really want off MMT so I can smoke again, their is an 8th of bud staring at me right now.

Weeds decriminalized where I'm at, and there's mmj so the clinic don't test for pot anymore or if they do they don't care cause pot don't count as a positive urine so you can get take homes
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...

petco usually has them for 3 bucks get the reptile ones that go up to 106 F so you know if its too hot. It's a sticker and I put that on one of the 99 cent traveler shampoo containers from walmart and 2 hand warmers usually does the trick one doesn't seem to get it warm enough for me, also make sure you give them enough time to warm up.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/iGo-Flip-Top-Travel-Bottles-6-count/51222554
 I use these bottles cause if they are outside listening it gives the sound of peeing BUT practice with water so you don't make a loud popping noise when doing it or bubbling noise when it fills back up with air. You will know what i am talking about when you do it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/iGo-Flip-Top-Travel-Bottles-6-count/51222554
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline zoomer

• zoomer is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 28, 2017, 07:58:52 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
I go once a month to a pain doc.  my Doctor tests me at least 7 or 8 times a year I have never failed a test for temp test because I freeze my piss in a small plastic bottle, drop it in hot water and then tape it to my underwear and push it up under my junk. Sometimes it's a waste but I'm ready if they want a sample I don't mess with temp strips because the temp is controlled by my body it's never let me down. Good luck!       zoomer 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Opi-ette is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 05, 2021, 02:27:50 PM
  • “I can resist everything except temptation.”
Zoomer what size bottle did you use? I'm really freaked out to use frozen pee (almost did at last visit to my pain doc but chickened out). I didn't have the temp sticker on the bottle so I just took my chances. It must have been pretty small right?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
I would get fishtank thermometers when I couldn't find my quickfix bottle.

Quickfix is so awesome, has saved my assignment many times. Even gc/ms tests. When I'm working i keep a bottle in my tool bag. I black the bottle out with electrical tape so if a coworker goes in my bag he won't notice it.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 03:52:41 AM by theSWPK »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline Smacky-Doodle 2.0

• All-Around Junker
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Smacky-Doodle 2.0 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 10, 2021, 03:26:07 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
Dizzle nailed it pretty much.....I just take it in a little hot, and stand there and blow on my piss once it's IN the specimen cup that you turn in....until the temp strip reads where it needs to..... 94-98 degrees.  Never takes me longer than 2 minutes and I've been doing it for six years.  Microwave that shit no longer than 10 seconds and use handwarmers, you can't go wrong.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions