dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Take homes revoked due to unemployment !  (Read 14102 times)

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:59:26 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Take homes revoked due to unemployment !
« on: March 08, 2017, 07:52:10 AM »
a lady contacted me with the following issue: (i have asked her to join up so that she can participate in this discussion)

Had take homes for 8 years, clean the whole time and followed all fed. guidelines. They just revoked them cuz I'm not employed. (I'm SSI pending for PTSD.) This is heartbreaking.Have to take 2 hour bus ride to and back 7 days a week. Others did not have theirs revoked and they do not have jobs. Feel like I'm being picked on. SAMHSA and title 9 mention nothing about employment. Anybody have this happen and what should i do?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
Re: Take homes revoked due to unemployment !
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 11:35:43 AM »
Is this person in the us?  If she is, she is probably out of luck.  Each clinic has to follow the federal guidelines, but they are free to make up their own rules about virtually anything!  It sucks, but that is how it works.

She could always try going to another clinic.  Some will honor the takehomes you have earned.  She could also file a formal complaint.

If I was her, I would ask to speak to the director and ask to see the written guidelines that deal with unemployment an revocation of her takehomes.  There may be a clause buried in paperwork she signed that takehomes can be revoked if there is a change in your home/job stability.

She is going to have to ask exactly why it is happening and demand paperwork explaining what the clinic policy is. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 02:24:46 PM »
Uhhhh.     

All clinics require for "proof" of employment is a check stub. And there are plenty of people that can knock that out in photoshop in a matter of minutes.

That's my recommendation
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 02:28:16 PM »
I mean fuck, if it's that important make a whole damn fake business. Set up a fake website, and have a burner cell phone with only a small amount of minutes in it, and if the clinic tries to get cute and look up the company and call, they'll call the number listed on the website you set up, and it'll ring ur cell phone....

Lol. I'd totally do that to keep from a commute that long, shit there's not a doubt in my mind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline onewayonly

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • onewayonly is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 08, 2018, 02:14:35 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 09:30:44 AM »
Funny you said that dizzle.

The first pain clinic I went to at 19 had you bring in proof of employment. I went to the nearest kinkos and made a business cars for some lawn care business in my name. Doc did not say a word and gave me 100 10mg perks

Hell that was back in early 2000s
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline OpiXPO

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • OpiXPO has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:January 23, 2024, 06:44:24 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 02:36:03 PM »
Funny how quickly the times can change. I can't see a 19 year old walk into a clinic and get any kind of percs anymore. Unless they had cancer or something.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 08:39:29 PM »
That's kind of strange.  Maybe the clinic thinks she is at risk, or if she got fired it must be from drug problems?

I would call my counsellor and xplain that it's hard to do a job search with a long ride to the clinic.  Say you don't want to get stuck in a clinic only lifestyle and prefer to find work.

A long bus ride is one thing, but a long bus ride that stops you from advancing your treatment is something else entirely.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline onewayonly

• SA_Chat+
  • onewayonly is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 08, 2018, 02:14:35 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 09:25:05 AM »
That's kind of strange.  Maybe the clinic thinks she is at risk, or if she got fired it must be from drug problems?

I would call my counsellor and xplain that it's hard to do a job search with a long ride to the clinic.  Say you don't want to get stuck in a clinic only lifestyle and prefer to find work.

A long bus ride is one thing, but a long bus ride that stops you from advancing your treatment is something else entirely.

It is crazy how easy it was only 15 years ago. She would have 20 junkies all stand in the hall way and make us do arm rotation and stretches. Then one by one you go up and get the script for 100 10mg for every patient. Never knew anyone to get more.
I still remember her name Ms Joyce Brown. I'm sure that is very common name and I hope she is well. I'm sure she was in it for greed but I hope just maybe she was one of the good docs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 12:49:55 PM »
I wonder if there is more to the story that isn't really been told. I know sometimes shit sounds more fucked up than it really is when you only here one side of the story. She prolly doesn't mean to bullshit anyone but sometimes people do things like that without knowing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline lilbay21213

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • lilbay21213 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 07, 2018, 08:50:01 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 09:57:23 AM »
If in the US she has to have a handbook if not get one from counselor. Look under take homes and see if it states anything about employment If so then she may Still have some leg to stand on as she is fighting for disability have her go to her local Social Services and get the check they give for those pending disability then they can't say anything

In all honesty I would start the grievance process this means you first go to whomever in at the top or board of directors and let them know that she is suffering from PTSD and is no longer able to work and is filing for a check through SSA as well a he one from Social Services.
If they will not honor her take homes then her next step is to contact SAHMSA and make a formal complaint.
They helped me with a issue with take homes at my clinic a few years back and I got my take homes back.

I hope this is helpful she can PM me if she needs more info on getting the check as well as making complaints I would need city county and state and insurance type and if that has changed.

Bay
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Raine

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Raine is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2022, 04:07:02 AM
  • Do no harm but take no shit
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 11:04:42 PM »
My clinic has similar rules.  My counselor got replaced about 6 months ago, the new one is horribly disorganized and apparently forgot to tell me that I could be moving up from level 3 to level 6 (even though I asked after every drug screen) but that they were waiting on my proof of income. I get paid under the table and my boss doesn't want anything to do with signing something saying how much he pays me so I'll have to fudge it. Unfortunately though bc my counselor hadn't informed me, now I'm stuck at this level and for every 2 weeks that go by without bringing them their proof of income I can be dropped another level until I'm attending 6 days/ wk again.
I wouldn't have even gotten the 2 week option if my counselor hadn't admitted to them that she never informed me. The day they gave me the "ultimatum" was my first time being told about it so I had no time to do anything and apparently if I had it that day I could have gotten 3 more take-homes that day.

I'm sorry that happened. Did you try asking them if they would accept your check stubs or proof of income rather than proof of employment? The one good thing in my clinic is they don't care if it's a job , they just care you have the income part. I would request to speak to the director and see if you can get a work-around. If you have a good payment record at the clinic that should help. Offer bank statements, check stubs, whatever proof of your benefits you have and the amounts. If not, then Dizzle's suggestion is a good idea. A free site template/hosting like maybe WordPress would work right, guys? Also for the number you don't even need a whole different burner phone you can get an app like textfree or text plus (there are lots of diff ones) which gives you a whole separate phone number on your phone so you can use the app to make/receive calls and texts with your "business number."  The apps are free and texting on them is free but most of them cost $ for minutes, it's rly low though! Textfree voice is like...100 min for 1.99 or something like that, it is cheap.  Some of the apps come with 10 free calling minutes already on them.

I wish you luck with your situation.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline gutterslut

• Regular
  • gutterslut is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 07, 2017, 02:13:40 AM
    • cute cat videos!
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 02:48:54 PM »
For fucks sake...keep that requirement away from my clinic plz. I'm struggling with the closes at 9am thing enough.
Really though, long as someone isn't doing anything destructive to themselves or others, why does it matter...
'No benzos then forced into employment' thought is anxiety inducing
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I need music to set me free, to let me bleed

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 04:32:31 AM »
@Raine  I can forge the fuck out of a income check if you want. I'm pretty adept at photoshop...:)

4 months late, I know, but the offer stands to any opi's that need shit like that. I think it's wrong to do that type of shit to people....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Raine

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Raine is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2022, 04:07:02 AM
  • Do no harm but take no shit
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 11:13:26 AM »
Really? That's awesome. I might need your help on that one time  before I'm done at this place, if you would be so kind! ;D
 That's a handy skill to have @dizzle
It's funny this came up now. I got by last time but this time I had to put in a little more work.
I had to advertise my fake business in a few places online, make up an email and phone number, email my counselor "from my boss" etc. I literally just did this and I'm waiting to hear if it's enough.
If this works, then they will want another one in a few months.
Hopefully by then I'll have a legit job,  waiting on a background check right now
And hoping my history doesn't disqualify me from this possible job. 

Oh and I should only have about 5 mos left at the clinic if I stay on schedule with the decreases.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 11:36:12 PM »
@Raine  whoa. you said you MADE UP an email and phone number???

What if they call the number? What cell phone will it ring?

I can fake a check stub for you and even an employee id, but you'll have to print it and get it laminated (kinkos can laminate with THICK laminate so it'll look good)

If I were you though, I'd go buy a burner phone (or register a google voice number that forwards to your number, and you can set it so whenever a forwarded call goes to your number, it'll show the google voice number on your phone, so you'll know to answer the phone with "Raine's Fake Business, how can I help you?") and make sure that's on everything.

Just let me know if I can help.

Setting up a website would cost you some money if you wanted to make it a legit domain name, e.g. Rainesfakebusiness.com and email would be raine@rainesfakebusiness.com and you'd have to have the hosting done somewhere, that will cost something too...

just depends how in depth they/you want to take it.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions