dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Relation between high dose cold turkey and PAWS  (Read 8293 times)

Offline Seven (OP)

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Seven is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 31, 2015, 03:46:16 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Relation between high dose cold turkey and PAWS
« on: August 25, 2015, 12:06:29 AM »
After reading Griffons post i wanted to see if any of you have noticed this relationship, because i dont think i have really heard anyone else talk about it.

The few times i ct from a big h habit and the terrible time i ct'd from mdone i had terrible paws compared to low dose or being able to taper.

While many times the mental aspect of addiction remained, i noticed that even months and months and months after ct'ing i still had terrible paw's.

The worst was the feeling of my head swimming around like a fish in a bowl.  The sensation was basically the same that i get going into a very hard wd and would be the sign that that wd would be a rough one.

The thing is, whenever i was done detoxing and everything was out of my system, this feeling remained.  I would take longer to go through the other symptoms as well.

I expect a bigger habit to have worse symptoms, but it was almost like my body and mind could never kick back into gear from the shock, even several months afterward.

If i tapered though i came back around eventually.  The brain fuzz didnt stick around.

Am I the only one?  Am I crazy?  I definately think that PAW's can be hugely mitigated by a proper taper b3cause of my experi3nc3 but cant find any info to document a corroborating hypothesis or even anecdote.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
Re: Relation between high dose cold turkey and PAWS
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 11:25:51 AM »
I definitely think there is a correlation with tapering or being on a lower dose and being able to recover more quickly. I definitely felt "normal" within a few weeks when I tapered and quit on my own but the times where I jumped from a high dose especially this last time I didn't get back to normal and I was close to 4 months of clean time. I also think the last time I used has some weird effect on my withdrawal and such. I don't want to derail the topic but when I only had one 30 as my last dose it seemed my withdrawal was short and my recovery was quick as opposed to the time before or after when I jumped off after having one good last nod that was one of the brutal w/d's I don't think I will ever forget.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Seven (OP)

• Seven is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 31, 2015, 03:46:16 PM
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 11:43:06 PM »
Not off topic at all and i agree.

Its like the last dose set you up for a "softer landing".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Bodytec

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Bodytec is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 06, 2017, 03:52:13 AM
  • dopetalk.org
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 09:06:09 AM »
Note: I saw the red box about this post being over 120 days old,but I'm new to this board cause I didn't know it existed. I was on opiophile since like 2007. Hope there's nothing wrong with posting on an older thread.

I quit methadone in December after being at the clinic for two and a half years. I was at a dose of 100 for 1 1/2 years then went up to 180 during the last year I was there. I quit cold turkey in order to get a job that did not only disapprove of the clinic but at which my hours of work are so early and long that it would have made daily visits impossible. I am required to work many days from 1-2am until after noon. I also never know my shift until the day before. 'What kinda job is that?' you may ask. It's a really good steady job and that is what my life and my family's life needs.
  However,quitting from that high of a dose was greatly frowned upon by clinic friends and of course against the doctor's recommendation. But I didn't want to do the 18-week taper that he advised because I needed work(money) asap. So I just quit,and without ANY opiates to help. After two weeks I remembered about Loperamide and how I had read how it helped people from opiophile. So I used lope starting at the two week mark and it was a life-saver. It allowed me a good deal of comfort while starting the new,extremely physical job I had taken. I used lope for about a month and tapered off of it. At that same time,I discovered the benefits of Kratom. Kratom was MY THING until it was outlawed in my state by our embarrassing poor example of a governor. My use had gotten up to almost an ounce a day and I really relied on it for stamina at work.
 Except for the little help that Kratom gave me,I have definitely struggled with PAWS since quitting the Methadone. And now since it was outlawed I have returned to opiates. I NEVER felt right even 6 months after quitting. Several years ago when I did a long taper off of Suboxone,i felt totally different,much more comfortable and able to maintain sobriety much easier.  This time,between the Lope and Kratom, I was struggling every day just wondering what I was gonna take to get me motivated to carry on with life and work. I began by using oxy 30's then finding opana ER 20's and 30's. I also found that my tolerance had not recovered much since quitting Methadone. When I started back I could easily shoot 3 roxy 30's and that felt like the right amount. Most of the time I can't afford a $105 shot,being as oxy30's are $35 here. I found opana ER 30's,and sometimes 20's,and they have worked wonders. However,there is still the ever-present threat of random drug tests at work so I plan on tapering sometime soon and hopefully being successful at staying off totally. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I used to do drugs. I still do. But I used to too ."

Offline Dog Food

• Dog Food is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 30, 2021, 02:49:57 AM
  • Our Community
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 11:33:37 AM »
Consider yourself very lucky that you can still find opanas.   They were gone shortly after the originals went tamper proof, and never came back when the generics came out.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Bodytec

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Bodytec is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 06, 2017, 03:52:13 AM
  • dopetalk.org
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 01:11:32 AM »
It IS the generic ones I use. G77 G73 and the half moon ones.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I used to do drugs. I still do. But I used to too ."

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:59:26 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 02:08:35 AM »
@Bodytec, ignore the red warning box and we don't mind threads being brought back to life.

It's sad to hear  that you went through such a serious CT to only find yourself in another bind.

Let us know how you go.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 02:18:38 AM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 09:22:50 PM »
  for me there is definitely a correlation between ct'ing abruptly & extended/more severe PAWS.  Never, ever, make your last fix a big one.  Always split that shit up into whatever poor excuse for a "taper" you can pull off.  If, for instance, you have a gram a day habit & can do a half gram one day, a quarter the next & maybe cottons or some crumbs the day before jumping it'll pay off in the long run.  Even going from full on to one day barely getting well, then off makes a very noticeable difference in severity of both wd's & PAWS (for me at least).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions