dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Are You Vegan, Vegatarian, Normal? Why do you choose that  (Read 19046 times)

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Are You Vegan, Vegatarian, Normal? Why do you choose that
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 03:12:50 PM »
I hae not identified yself s vegetrian or bean. However, if gen a choice I decline the meat. If anyone asks I gie them the starndard answer; "Do you mind if I eat your dog"

The crulety involved in factory farming, the ineficient use of grain, the water pollution, the air pollution, the out-sized demand for trucking nd many other resons has the eonomist understnding that it is not  long-trm viable lifestyle.So, I just onou tBUY meat.

Do I think their is something truyly WRONG about eating animals, no If they were raised with indiness and killed quietly and efficiently an painlessly, I could see myself atin (red meat) again,like is (as is now heading) meat was grown in a test-tube minus a CNS and fear.

I am sure it won't be cheap, but cool.

l               
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2016, 04:02:43 PM »
I only eat Vegans.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Taytoechip

• Above average blanket-fort builder
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 04, 2016, 02:16:36 PM
  • magical leopluradon
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 04:49:50 PM »
I'm back for another comment regarding milk.
Mostly this

"we are the only species that drinks another species breast milk and were are the only species who drinks another species breast milk after we are babies."

Not to insult you or anything like that for saying it, as i've actually heard very similar statements a few times before. But i dont think this statement really counts for anything. In a way, yeah its true. Now i may be wrong, but what other species has the knowhow and the means to acquire said milk from another species for consumption? I mean my cat fucking loves milk. But if i set him loose on a farm with 14 milk moomoos Steve is not having any milk for breakfast. Aside from giving the cow the ol Bill Cosby Colada i guess. But what could only be described as "Cow rape" is not only frowned up, but highly illegal.. probably.

We're also the only species to drink vanilla almond milk too ya know. 

edit* Yeah my cats name is steve, dont judge me. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 04:55:54 PM by Taytoechip »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No one ever plans to sleep out in the gutter
Sometimes that's just the most comfortable place

Offline Pullmyhair.

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Pullmyhair. is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:04:17 PM
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 08:48:59 PM »
I don't know about Griffin's numbers, but the production of dairy and beef products (factory farmed or not) is one of, if the largest cause of greenhouse gasses and water consumption in the US. I know people who are adamant about eating a lot of meat and dairy products like to deny this fact, and are also likely to not believe that global warming exists and is accelerated by pollution, but it's true. The amount of wage it takes to produce one pound of meat is gargantuan (like 1000's of gallons per pound). I don't have the numbers in front of me, and I don't think factoids about equivalences to cars on the road are probably accurately measurable, but they're not hard to find (though the meat and dairy industries do their best to hide/down play just how much pollution they cause). I'm not going to comment on whether or not eating meat or dairy is healthy, though I think eating meat for every meal is insane. Also, there is no humane way to slaughter animals, sure some ways are faster than others, but the animal will always suffer to some extent (if you disagree, think about how you'd feel going through any of these 'humane' methods of slaughter), if you're okay with that, fair enough (though I do find the whole 'animals exist for our benefit' mentality that a lot of people have to be appalling).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I want to live and I want to love. I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of.
-The Smiths

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 09:35:30 PM »
I thought you said it was appealing! Had to reread that a couple times because it didn't make sense.

True, cow farts and termites are the two biggest sources of greenhouse gases (methane in this case) on the planet. Another HUGE source of methane is termites.

Also true, and most people are completely ignorant of this fact, is that producing meat (whether chicken, fish, or beef) is much more energy-intensive than producing food from agricultural sources.

It's really sad how fucking DUMB the average schmoe walking the streets is these days. Many couldn't tell you where Africa is on a global map, for instance. Or what's the square root of 9. And they laugh about it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline cpwhyme

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cpwhyme is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 23, 2017, 06:38:53 AM
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 10:24:06 PM »

Also true, and most people are completely ignorant of this fact, is that producing meat (whether chicken, fish, or beef) is much more energy-intensive than producing food from agricultural sources.

It's really sad how fucking DUMB the average schmoe walking the streets is these days. Many couldn't tell you where Africa is on a global map, for instance. Or what's the square root of 9. And they laugh about it.

.....and some may say ignorance is bliss. In the case of learning about large scale food production I might sort of agree, or loose my appetite.

There is one saying that always sticks in my head, you are what you eat. So I just try to keep a balanced diet, as much as possible or the budget will allow, and just be thankful or grateful for the food I eat.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 02:01:16 PM »
Omnivore(as my waistline attests). I eat meat and feel guilty about it-much more guilty than I do about doing dope.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2016, 02:58:21 PM »
That is my bad on not posting the sources, I thought I did. I wouldn't say I am pumped free of saving all the animals, I am just hoping people hear what I heard as far as how easily change can be obtained and we can still all eat meat, quite a bit of it, without ruining the planet. Here a lot of the citations for some of the stuff I said, some of my quotes were wrong and were going off memory and my post came off as preachy and for that I am sorry, I was a little benzo high and shocked at the time.

I just was trying to see what the communities views were on this subject and if anyone knew about this or thought it was true or just sensationalist nonsense that didn't represent the truth. If you did know about this kind of stuff before or found out any new info from my posts(now that you have the sources) did it change your eating habits or opinions on anything learning about stuff like that.

Here is the actual presentation by a different person
http://www.ffacoalition.org/featured_media

http://www.ffacoalition.org/
http://www.ffacoalition.org/citations (citations from presentation at school)

https://hbr.org/2011/06/local-food-or-less-meat-data-t.html

https://books.google.com/books?id=oIdv6zh-UXQC&pg=PA16&lpg=PA16&dq=earth+talk+260+million+acres+forest&source=bl&ots=lZM2dCXruG&sig=-ogrldHj-qWcTSviMMHuHQgahJo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAmoVChMIopmIlvOVxgIVCimICh0KuAQ6#v=onepage&q=earth%20talk%20260%20million%20acres%20forest&f=false (deforestation rain forest destruction etc)

http://www.wildlifeextra.com/go/news/migratory-fish.html#cr  (95% decrease of some fish species in atlantic)
http://www.fishnavy.com/image/20-lbs-of-bycatch-per-pound-of-shrimp/

(info about free range, cage free, Bottom Page)

http://www.ffacoalition.org/drought_got_you_down

https://www.google.com/search?q=eating+vegan+once+a+week+takes+cars+off+the+road&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=652&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVoofUq9fLAhUEQiYKHcO1AWgQ_AUICSgE#imgdii=fz7kbo8ZsTSkfM%3A%3Bfz7kbo8ZsTSkfM%3A%3BKOObr5EmC1UoPM%3A&imgrc=fz7kbo8ZsTSkfM%3A

I think my numbers were way off about the cars off the road. Meatless Monday's is the campaign to eat vegan based food once a week would be the same as taking off 240 million cars off the road according to this site. Sorry I could of swore she said different heres a different stat

http://www.ewg.org/meateatersguide/a-meat-eaters-guide-to-climate-change-health-what-you-eat-matters/reducing-your-footprint/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-freston/the-breathtaking-effects_b_181716.html

•If everyone in the U.S. ate no meat or cheese just 1 day a week for a year, it’s like not driving 91 billion miles - or taking 7.6 million cars off the road. (source: Environmental Working Group) http://www.go-eo.org/GoEO/Eat_Less_Meat.html

The numbers are kind of all over the place, my reason for this post wasn't to go on a tirade that every should be vegan, and accuse you guys of killing baby cows in your spare time. I just wanted to see how many people on here were vegan and if anyone had heard some of that stats that I heard in the presentation because they are shocking. I don't watch docs on that stuff because I can't take the pics and videos of graphic stuff like slaughtering animals but there was none of that in here presentation.

I think eating meat is good, but I think it'd be nice if we ate less, and used way less dairy products to make the planet healthier. 1950 levels of meat consumption were good, and if you increased for population it'd be fine, but everything about the dairy industry, water usage, and insane amounts of pollution from factory farming were shocking to me and I was wondering if more people knew about it, and if so did there diet change because of it.

Sorry for coming off as preachy, its annoying. I had no idea about how big the problem is, and how easy it could be helped with very little change, like eating less meat once a month or less than that. Just the pollution it causes made me question a lot of why, and how that is possible and if you guys think this is just a lot of sensationalist stats that don't represent the truth or if you think it is a problem at all. I definitely don't want everyone to come vegan I just wanted to spread the info I heard because I found it shocking and interesting.

I don't think everyone should become pachouli wearing vegans who pour blood on meat eaters, and go off on how much better being vegan is than everything else because that shit is annoying and is the reason why most people don't like vegan people. Some of them come off holier than thou and always ranting and annoyingly biased and opinionated when talking about it trying to convert everyone and that was not what I was trying to do. I was just truly amazed... amazed enough to put a paragraph in caps! lol plus I was on benzos so that makes me preachy.

Hope you guys learn something about it that you didn't know and don't get annoyed by my post,
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 03:16:08 PM »
No worries about the negative comments I was just traveling yesterday, was at the airport from 630 until i got on a plane at 140, i missed my first flight because of security being an hour long because of the Belgium thing and spring break. I still feel the love, and I think a lot of you are right i was on a lot of benzos that day and bit pretty hard, the girl was really pretty she could of sold me diet water.  I just think that some of it is shocking and should be known like the water consumption, and pollution.

I still eat meat and will, and think everyone should, I never drank milk but I am still convinced right now that it is bad for you. It has always been disgusting to me I just envision sucking on a cow tit when looking at the stuff. (still love ice cream, and would happy top my ice cream with more cow tit milk because it is delicious am curious to find if there is a better ice cream that doesn't involve any cow titties)

A lot of my numbers were wrong I was quoting from benzo memory but none the less the numbers and pollution are astronomical and it would be a good thing to lower the amount of pollution and I think less animal cruelty would happen if less meat was being ate. I just hope we eat a bit less meat like around 1950s rates.

Huge corporations can be bad for just about everything, and factory farms seem to be awful in many ways and I wish we had more family farms, I grew up on one and lived near about 10. Over 500,000 family owned pig farms have been shut down mostly because of factory farms. Johnson, Nathaneal. "The Making of the Modern Pig." Harper's Magazine May 2006: n. (cited in Foer 158). I think stuff like that is worse than animal cruelty but I can't stand seeing animals being tortured, but I am always going to eat meat, but I am going to try to not help the factory farms at all and not buy from them. Anyway airports suck.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 04:11:10 PM »
 :) :) :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline puppy

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • puppy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 24, 2023, 08:56:43 PM
  • Miss you Chem...
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 04:43:59 PM »
       I've been thinking about this...I don't eat much meat at all...more fish than anything and then not much...but I do eat cheese...alot...I read somewhere that you actually become addicted to it...but I can't recall where...I think I was looking at a paleo diet website...so not sure how true that maybe...
       I've done work at a processing plant that butchered pigs...I don't find baloney palatable anymore...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Taytoechip

• Above average blanket-fort builder
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 04, 2016, 02:16:36 PM
  • magical leopluradon
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 06:08:55 PM »
You know broccoli be screamin when you're pullin them roots
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No one ever plans to sleep out in the gutter
Sometimes that's just the most comfortable place

Offline puppy

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • puppy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 24, 2023, 08:56:43 PM
  • Miss you Chem...
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2016, 06:58:26 PM »
You know broccoli be screamin when you're pullin them roots

Or one could go the route of Sungazing and Breatharianism...lol...sigh...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2016, 08:52:47 PM »
I eat food. Why? Because I have that food. I don't have a  lot of choices usually. So...Food good.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2016, 01:54:15 AM »
Poultry, beef, fish, seafood, crispy bacon, very well-done and browned sausages (that's it for pork).

I eat meat.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Reezy

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Reezy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 20, 2018, 02:50:54 PM
« Reply #29 from previous page: March 27, 2016, 06:37:42 PM »
@Pullmyhair. a bullet to the head is pretty humane I would say. Now, I've seen videos, where they do do way worse methods so I'm not saying every animal is shot in the head with no suffering. Its more suffering for humans to be shot in the head because they know whats coming..

Anyways, My dad is an avid hunter, I hunt also with him at times, but not as "into" it as him. All the animals he shoots we eat. Or catch, in the case of fish. Deer meat is actually really healthy because it is very lean/low fat naturally, you have to actually add fat to it, in order to make it more "flavorful". Still tastes good, but its like this, If you used to eating chuck meat with 20-25% fat and you go to a meat with 1-2% fat, you will prefer the fattier one... Unless you are TRYING to eat healthy.... I like tasty foods, but just don't eat a big portion. Really, latley ive been trying to eat only when hungry, and only enough to partly satisfy me for the time being. Look at it more as a fuel.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal