dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: CVS lies and sucks!!!!  (Read 29864 times)

Z

Re: CVS lies and sucks!!!!
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 20, 2015, 12:13:01 PM »
I was under the impression that recording is legal as long as at least one of the parties is aware. f. ex. videotaped confession is legal when the confronter is knowingly filming.  Filming two women in a changeroom would be illegal, unless one of the women put the camera there.

I think this varies by case and situation.  Audio recordings are also another domain from video recordings.

It probably also depends on what you want to do with the footage.  Do you want to send it to CVS?  Probably not a problem.  Do you want to file a lawsuit with it?  You might like to consult with an attorney before doing this.  Considering that you would need one anyways, this seems like sound advice.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2015, 12:01:53 PM »
Did you film it? I hope that things like this are shown so that they are forced to give people narcan if they want it. Some people just need to check their god complex at the door. There is no reason at all that she shouldn't of given it to you and lied about it. I hope the stigma with narcan goes away very soon and that people become educated on it. There are way to many overdoses that are completely preventable with this med and with the amount of people dying it is ludicrous to not allow people to have it.

It is a sad time we live in. I see so many awful comments on news pages that have articles about narcan or heroin in general. A good percentage of the peoples comments say things like they deserve to die, and are better off dead, and how we need to stop wasting money on these people or just kill them etc etc. I hope people become more accepting of HR, nx's, and narcan so that we can't prevent some of these deaths and move towards helping people instead of making their situation worse.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2015, 12:47:27 PM »
Lolleedee-

I'm 100% in your corner on this one. If you can pull it off, just do it. You will have to be careful with what you do with the recording, ie you probably can't bring it to the press or something. Pullmyhair and TTA made some good points, and you should keep those in mind when you decide your future steps, IMO.

Though, regarding your passion for the "stand up for ourselves" thing, I find it invigorating. You've inspired me to create a thread here regarding something, and until today I had my mind made up, but I'm going to turn to this community for their opinion, because sometimes I think I forget this fight that were all fighting is very real, and we deal with it daily.

Also, if you're actually very interested in getting naloxone, I can probably arrange for that to happen. They give it away at the needle exchanges here in Chicago. Let me know. And not to derail this thread any further, I'll step out., I just may create another thread on the sending of naloxone to anyone that needs it/asks for it, now that I think about it...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 12:50:12 PM by dizzle »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline St. Theresa

• Reputation Power: 0
  • St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2015, 03:04:34 PM »
Ditto to dizzle and yeah I think you should. I'd help here if needed.

Do it lolledee. Wolverines!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Offline Lolleedee (OP)

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2015, 03:52:43 PM »
I was ready..girlfriend had her phone ready to record me, my adrenaline was pumping, I approached the counter and....bitch left early!  Ugh!!!  Really??? 

So we are going to go back this evening!  For some reason, I can't let this go.  I know that it probably won't change anything, but WE TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO TREAT US.....and I am DEMANDING better treatment!  I am so done with the judgemntal attitudes when it comes to drugs!  Do these stupid people who judge drug users realize that their "socially acceptable" drugs, alcohol and nicotine, kill more people than illicit drugs?  I have personally witnessed my father-in-law die a horrible death from smoking..slowly suffocating...struggling for every tiny bit of air..not to mention the cost of his health care in the last three years of his life!  A smart person would put nicotine in the "terrible, horrible, poison" category!  They should also realize that people can use opiates responsibly...just like some people can drink responsibly(and some can't!)

It amazes me that this stigma is still going strong.  Why should anyone care what the hell I take as long as I am safe (ie. not driving under the influence).  I love opiates.  They make me feel better.  They make me not want to kill myself every second of every day.  They help my pain, physical and mental.  And I will not feel bad about it or apologize for it another minute!!

@Dizzle  I actually got the Narcan from another CVS about ten minutes from me.  That pharmacist (30 ish white guy) was awesome.  He ordered it for me, showed me how to use it, told a couple of funny jokes..he was great!  I did ask him if perhaps the other CVS I went to (I didn't tell him where) didn't know about the policy of OTC Narcan yet and he said "no way".  They had people come to the store (from corporate, I am guessing) to teach them how to use it, to set up the logs(no rx needed, but you have to sign for it)and they have posters about it to hang up in the store.

I appreciate all the support!  I was thinking, to avoid any legal issue with recording this, what if I have her keep the camera on me?  That way, you would see and hear the interaction but it would look as though it was me who was the focus of the video.  Any thoughts on this approach?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Lolleedee (OP)

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2015, 03:54:17 PM »
Ditto to dizzle and yeah I think you should. I'd help here if needed.

Do it lolledee. Wolverines!!!!

LOL!  Love the Red Dawn reference!!! (great movie, BTW)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Pullmyhair.

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Pullmyhair. is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:04:17 PM
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2015, 08:52:20 PM »
I was ready..girlfriend had her phone ready to record me, my adrenaline was pumping, I approached the counter and....bitch left early!  Ugh!!!  Really??? 

So we are going to go back this evening!  For some reason, I can't let this go.  I know that it probably won't change anything, but WE TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO TREAT US.....and I am DEMANDING better treatment!  I am so done with the judgemntal attitudes when it comes to drugs!  Do these stupid people who judge drug users realize that their "socially acceptable" drugs, alcohol and nicotine, kill more people than illicit drugs?  I have personally witnessed my father-in-law die a horrible death from smoking..slowly suffocating...struggling for every tiny bit of air..not to mention the cost of his health care in the last three years of his life!  A smart person would put nicotine in the "terrible, horrible, poison" category!  They should also realize that people can use opiates responsibly...just like some people can drink responsibly(and some can't!)

It amazes me that this stigma is still going strong.  Why should anyone care what the hell I take as long as I am safe (ie. not driving under the influence).  I love opiates.  They make me feel better.  They make me not want to kill myself every second of every day.  They help my pain, physical and mental.  And I will not feel bad about it or apologize for it another minute!!

@Dizzle  I actually got the Narcan from another CVS about ten minutes from me.  That pharmacist (30 ish white guy) was awesome.  He ordered it for me, showed me how to use it, told a couple of funny jokes..he was great!  I did ask him if perhaps the other CVS I went to (I didn't tell him where) didn't know about the policy of OTC Narcan yet and he said "no way".  They had people come to the store (from corporate, I am guessing) to teach them how to use it, to set up the logs(no rx needed, but you have to sign for it)and they have posters about it to hang up in the store.

I appreciate all the support!  I was thinking, to avoid any legal issue with recording this, what if I have her keep the camera on me?  That way, you would see and hear the interaction but it would look as though it was me who was the focus of the video.  Any thoughts on this approach?

That would still be an audio recording, which the laws are more stringent about (than video without audio). It really varies from state to state (there could even be local ordinances), but I would think that you could try it, and if she says to stop filming, then stop (she likely will, since a lot of stores don't allow filming). If you did it without her knowledge/consent, it would still be up to her to pursue legal action, so unless it went viral, the chances of her seeing it are slim. Also, if you blurred her face and altered her voice (which shouldn't be too hard, I think you can do it with basic video editing software), she'd be unable to prove it is actually her without the original video file.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I want to live and I want to love. I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of.
-The Smiths

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Opi-ette is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 05, 2021, 02:27:50 PM
  • “I can resist everything except temptation.”
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2015, 01:03:35 AM »
What if you sent it anonymously to their corporate HQ? This way judgy McBitchface gets
reprimanded and you are safe from any legal issues?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline corlene

• Reputation Power: 12
  • corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2015, 01:09:38 AM »
All you get for contacting corporate at cvs or walgreens is a letter telling you they are working on the situation, and they've included a giftcard and some coupons to use on your future visits.

Edit: somehow I didn't read the anonymous part
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:11:18 AM by corlene »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline _Enduser

• Reputation Power: 8
  • _Enduser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
  • Lex Produca da Original Ableton Killa
    • My original Productions
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2015, 01:49:17 AM »
I have personally witnessed my father-in-law die a horrible death from smoking..slowly suffocating...struggling for every tiny bit of air..not to mention the cost of his health care in the last three years of his life! 

Fuck man.  I quit that shit for 1.5 years. then I smoked a spliff, then ran outta weed and now I'm smoking again and I HATE HATE HATE IT.  Thanks for reminding me why I need to quit like now.  Anyone with me?  Fuck-cigarettes-they-will-kill-you-lets-do-real-drugs -that-get-you-high-and-MIGHT-painlessly-kill-you-so-let's-quit-now support group!

I'm dead serious!  I'm done with this stupid cigarette shit.  \WTF/ junk rocks in comparison!

Like that quote alone is terrifying.  Very scary,.  Thats a serious phobia of mine, suffocation,  And I'm doing it to myself????? I feel my lungs are already going fuck this stupid shit.

BTW, in my experience a great way to get seriously reprimanded and have your shit bust open was have a customer right a really shitty letter to "corporate".  Shudddderz
It sucks so much to work in those jobs so I always try to humour my retail associates whenever we have the fine fortunes of crossing paths!

BTW I'm so fucking excited about this scrolling text feature im bout to bust a fat

:-[ nuuuuuuuuuuut
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:55:25 AM by _Enduser »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http://www.soundcloud.com/lexproduca

Please Check out my music!

Offline Dhedmo

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Dhedmo is working their way up.Dhedmo is working their way up.Dhedmo is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 07, 2019, 02:55:15 PM
  • Be the flame, not the moth --Giacomo Casanova
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2015, 02:06:35 AM »

Actually, the policy is huge.

I hope this makes a difference.

Glad you got the Narcan, Lolleedee!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 02:08:21 AM by Dhedmo »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dickwhistle

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Dickwhistle is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 28, 2017, 10:12:45 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2015, 01:34:52 PM »
I would make a copy of the store policy and confront the pharmacist with it while your friend records it. Now it is illegal in most states to audio record someone without their permission, so using this recording could get you in some shit. However the bitch pharmacist probably isn't aware of this and as long as she thinks she has been recorded saying some incriminating shit about the stores policy then you have the upper hand. You might even be able to blackmail an Oxy script out of her. Just kidding!Just kidding!!  I would then contact the home office and explain how rude she was and that she wouldn't hook you up with narcan and one of your friends almost O.D.'ed and died, but you were able to get some narcan from their competitor Rite-Aid who gave you no hassle whatsoever. When writing the home office be sure to include that the pharmacist smelled like booze too! That will be the nail in her coffin. Good luck and good looking out on not taking these assholes shit anymore.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline St. Theresa

• Reputation Power: 0
  • St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2015, 02:43:01 PM »
I would make a copy of the store policy and confront the pharmacist with it while your friend records it. Now it is illegal in most states to audio record someone without their permission, so using this recording could get you in some shit. However the bitch pharmacist probably isn't aware of this and as long as she thinks she has been recorded saying some incriminating shit about the stores policy then you have the upper hand. You might even be able to blackmail an Oxy script out of her. Just kidding!Just kidding!!  I would then contact the home office and explain how rude she was and that she wouldn't hook you up with narcan and one of your friends almost O.D.'ed and died, but you were able to get some narcan from their competitor Rite-Aid who gave you no hassle whatsoever. When writing the home office be sure to include that the pharmacist smelled like booze too! That will be the nail in her coffin. Good luck and good looking out on not taking these assholes shit anymore.

Dude, ^5.... for the best forum handle I've seen this year.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2015, 06:30:13 PM »
If you are in a pharmacy you are on camera. I don't know how the law could allow ONLY the store to record interactions and not the customer.

However, the pharmacist or tch could ask that someone else help you and doge the recording so if you want to record it my guess is that you would buy some pinhole camera or prop a cell phone camera on record in a shirt pocket so it isn't obvious you are recording, then send a copy to someone over her head in the CVS management chain.

There's also the theory any way that in a free market you just take your business, all your business somewhere else and give THEM your hard earned dollar. I know that is more and more difficult in the world of chain store pharmacies that sometimes make that choice all but impossible (no local competition).

I gave my sister a nasal Narcan doser that I was given at the needle exchange becasue she was prone to ODs. A month or two later cops searched her house and took it. A month after that she was found dead on the floor from an OD. I was so mad I was ready to drive a truck bomb into that cop  house but know that the media would pity the "hero police officers" and make me a "junkie terrorist"  and some poor kid in a holding cell could have been hurt. It really did cross my mind. If there was as easy as visiting a "Car and Truck Bomb" Dealership I might have done it.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tainted

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2015, 08:49:11 PM »
I'm interested in the follow-up to this.

On a practical note, I pimped local "Family Pharmacies" in TTA's Pain DOc thread, and I'll do it again here.
I never had a problem.

I would have thought they'd be far more expensive than the chains, but the opposite was true. Dramatically true, especially when I had no insurance.

Trust is more easily established because they actually know you and care about you, and vice versa.

That can be important.
I needed to fill my done rx, but couldn't pay until payday. There was one bottle left on the shelf.
At almost the same moment, JoeBlow comes in wearing a tee shirt that read (no lie) "Chronic Masturbator."
He had a script for done (don't know the quantity) and actually had his cash in hand.

"We just ran out," said the pharmacist.

Joe went home to do what he had to do, I guess.
I paid up on payday.

(When I had no insurance, CVS charged well more than DOUBLE the local pharmacy cash price. Walgreens was only slightly better,)

One named jumped out at me in that article, btw: Michael DeAngelis, director of public relations for CVS Pharmacy.
;)
Good luck!

Unfortunately, some insurance companies now REQUIRE you to goto CVS for ongoing scripts. My family has ins that does. CVS won't stock ABG brand morphine (easier to IV but supposedly they can't order it) but thanks to the insurance companies new policy, your only allowed to go outside of CVS twice a year (one off prescriptions you can go anywhere)

In Florida, the pharmacies are so insane with their C2s. The chain pharmacies that will fill for people under 40 years old are few and far between. If your ins requires you fill at CVS and you are under 40 but are getting scripted (and have a legitimate injury that seriously needs pain pills) your going to have a hard time finding someone willing to fill it. I have a friend who is in his mid 30s who seriously needs pain pills, multiple medical conditions and he was able to fill there for a bit because a friend worked there, after two years of filing there his friend quit. So now the pharmacy won't fill for him, only place that will doesn't take his insurance AND doesn't stock regular tablets, only compounded caps (so instead of 120 diluadid 8mg being $75, it's more like $500)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2015, 09:31:22 PM »
I'm not sure what state Lolleedee is in, but here's the penal statue for California (I'm pretty sure this is the one that would apply in the above scenario)..

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=00001-01000&file=630-638

632.  (a) Every person who, intentionally and without the consent of
all parties to a confidential communication, by means of any
electronic amplifying or recording device, eavesdrops upon or records
the confidential communication, whether the communication is carried
on among the parties in the presence of one another or by means of a
telegraph, telephone, or other device, except a radio, shall be
punished by a fine not exceeding two thousand five hundred dollars
($2,500), or imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one year,
or in the state prison, or by both that fine and imprisonment. If the
person has previously been convicted of a violation of this section
or Section 631, 632.5, 632.6, 632.7, or 636, the person shall be
punished by a fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars ($10,000), by
imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one year, or in the
state prison, or by both that fine and imprisonment.
   (b) The term "person" includes an individual, business
association, partnership, corporation, limited liability company, or
other legal entity, and an individual acting or purporting to act for
or on behalf of any government or subdivision thereof, whether
federal, state, or local, but excludes an individual known by all
parties to a confidential communication to be overhearing or
recording the communication.
   (c) The term "confidential communication" includes any
communication carried on in circumstances as may reasonably indicate
that any party to the communication desires it to be confined to the
parties thereto, but excludes a communication made in a public
gathering or in any legislative, judicial, executive or
administrative proceeding open to the public, or in any other
circumstance in which the parties to the communication may reasonably
expect that the communication may be overheard or recorded.
   (d) Except as proof in an action or prosecution for violation of
this section, no evidence obtained as a result of eavesdropping upon
or recording a confidential communication in violation of this
section shall be admissible in any judicial, administrative,
legislative, or other proceeding.
   (e) This section does not apply (1) to any public utility engaged
in the business of providing communications services and facilities,
or to the officers, employees or agents thereof, where the acts
otherwise prohibited by this section are for the purpose of
construction, maintenance, conduct or operation of the services and
facilities of the public utility, or (2) to the use of any
instrument, equipment, facility, or service furnished and used
pursuant to the tariffs of a public utility, or (3) to any telephonic
communication system used for communication exclusively within a
state, county, city and county, or city correctional facility.
   (f) This section does not apply to the use of hearing aids and
similar devices, by persons afflicted with impaired hearing, for the
purpose of overcoming the impairment to permit the hearing of sounds
ordinarily audible to the human ear.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Tags: