dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

• Pharmacists are fucking stupid 2 0 10 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: Pharmacists are fucking stupid  (Read 11450 times)

Offline Guts (OP)

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
Pharmacists are fucking stupid
« on: February 04, 2016, 09:29:19 PM »
So I went to go get some 3 ml syringes at this Kroger that usually sells them to me. It's either this nice white lady who always does or it or this dick head black guy who has told me yes before and no before. I've bought insulin syringes there too...  at times both at the same time.

So this time he remembers me... I go for it anyways and I told the tech what I needed. He was about to go get 'em until dick head says something. He says I should get on their system so I don't have any trouble buying them... like he was wanting to actually be helpful. So I say sure and ask him what I need to do. He asks what I use them for, testosterone, and then tells me he needs a script. I remind him that he sold them to me last time... he says, yeah well you could've been a cop and written me up. That's not exactly what he said, but it's what he said. I told him I'm pretty sure that's not a law. He insists that is. I suggest I write him up for it since he believes in it so strongly... he gives me his business card.

The last pharmacist told me "cheers" after selling me some insulin syringes. Why are they so fucking stupid sometimes? Do they really not understand people are going to be doing this anyways and they are literally contributing to the spread of blood borne diseases? You would think these people being "educated" and all would tend to lean on the liberal side but it doesn't seem like it...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: Pharmacists are fucking stupid
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 09:33:37 PM »
I have had my share of hassles buying from pharmacies so it's why I go out of my way and stock up at a free NSP.

damned judgemental "world savers", they are just being silly.

they just don't like us ... and they are actually part of the problem; small minds.

you are so right as this mindset propagates the risk of infection.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:42:19 PM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Daughter of Dionysus

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 09:50:37 PM »
We have never had much trouble
Buying syringes

But one time when we did
Hero went off on the pharmacist
And told them
"It doesn't matter what I do with them"
"Dont you fucking realize that you are contributing to the spread of HIV & HEP C?"
I think there were a few insults thrown in
About the pharmacist being small minded
And at the end of his rant
The pharmacist gave in
And sold them to him

So, next time
Try the first couple lines
Without curse words

Bueno suerte
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

Offline Guts (OP)

• Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 11:01:04 PM »
I did that once... I think I called the lady a psycho wanting to spread blood borne diseases... she called the manager on me lol.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 12:02:25 AM »
If you don't have a needle exchange program nearby, just order them online. I know it's not handy in an emergency situation when you need it ASAP, but if you try to stay ahead of the need, it's doable. Online is cheaper and has more variety too.

I last tried to buy insulin syringes a little more than two years ago. I went to a particular Wal-Mart where I was told I wouldn't have a problem (although I doubt that now, the person who told me could have just been fucking with me).

I get there, ask the lady pharmacist, she says she needs my script, I tell her it's not against the law to sell without a script, she says they don't do that there, I leave empty handed.

They definitely know that people are going to do whatever they want anyway. I think some of them just don't care. They might think that it serves us right for catching something, or that they're thinning out the herd or something. Who knows. In any case they're not forward thinking or correct.

Seriously, order online. Good luck.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Fentfiend420

• Scum dog universe
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fentfiend420 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 13, 2020, 12:21:14 PM
  • "Commit suicide infront of loved ones"
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 01:10:20 AM »
They know me by name at my particular wally world.
There always nice and have never pass judgment.
Now I have got some shit at walgreen's and cvs. So I tend to stay away from those pharmacies. When I can swing it I just buy a 100ct box. That way I don't have to worry about it for a bit.

It sux here in Houston for iv users. There is no NX exchanges. It blows! He'll ATX has a few and houston is 3 times the size in population! I just don't get it...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's like a world were you don't fit.
A life you can't live.
Somewhere you can see the food,
But can't touch the silverware.

Offline Wildcat

• One love, One life-you'll lose it if you don't care for it
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Wildcat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2018, 11:52:15 AM
  • constant companion pain
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 04:51:54 PM »
I recently had a man N woman come up to me in the grocery store, and ask if I would please walk over to pharmacy area and buy them syringes, they said that the "staff" wouldn't sell them to 'em-I didn't even ask why or anything-just said sure, what type-size,etc.

they sold to me no questions asked!!!!!?????

Its beyond ignorance to REFUSE to sell them-regardless of whatever the fuck their belief system is-not going to stop an iv'er from iv'ing-but you CAN help reduce the spread of blood bourne diseases.

krist on a bike.......
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They put their hand out to you when you need it, and you have to remember to put your hand out when they need it too, that's what friends do"  - Mick Dodge

Offline kat1lifeleft

• Reputation Power: 6
  • kat1lifeleft is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2016, 12:49:46 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 05:20:24 PM »
I don't understand the script thing. At Wal-Mart you can get insulin OTC, novolin. So...If you can buy the insulin without a script, why should you need a script for the syringes? Maybe ask the next pharmacist who refuses at Wal-Mart. That being said, I've never had any problems at my Wal-Mart!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 05:35:05 PM »
Yes, that whole thing where you don't need an Rx to buy insulin (well, all of them except for the lantus kind), but many pharmacists insist on a scrip to sell the needles to you really fucking bugs me.

You'd think someone with that extensive of an education would be able to grasp the illogicality of that situation.

Whenever I was buying the 3ml joints from CVS, I'd always come up and say, "hi, I have to give steroid injections to my dog, for his arthritis, do you have any 3ml syringes that you could sell me?" Most of the time they would sell them, but occasionally, they "didn't have them in stock" which actually could have been true, because they don't always have those big ones in supply.

But a 3ml/cc syringe is indispensable for shooting pills, fuck that 1cc noise for breaking down pills!

Oh, and DoD, I'm gonna be a dick and correct your Spanish: It's beuna suerte, not bueno suerte. "Suerte," or "luck" is a feminine noun, so it would be "buena."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Guts (OP)

• Our Community Board
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 06:20:58 PM »
Yeah I know... I should just buy online. As a matter of fact I'm going to right now. I mostly don't because I forget to before I run out or something but still... they should sell them.

I usually have better success doing a song and dance about my sick demented grand pa who always forgets everything... pretending I'm reading the size and guage off a text in my phone and stuff like that. I remember one lady, when I told her I don't have the bottle of insulin, asked for a picture... which I got off Google. It's like they so need to believe or even have reasonable doubt at least that you're not one of those lepers...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 06:26:00 PM »
Yes unfortunately pharmacists believe that they are as close as it comes to being god and are morally superior to us normal folk. A girl I like is a pharm tech. and I asked her if they are allowing narcan without prescription or if the pharmacists can write for them there since I wasn't sure if the policy and new regulations that were recently implemented here and a lot of other places were implemented there in oklahoma.

So she asked the pharmacist for me and he gave her a lecture of why he is against dispensing it, because it promotes heroin use and makes the users think that they can od as much as they want without dying after telling her they don't have that policy there. She kind of agrees with him even though she is a chronic pain patient. I was kind of glad i didn't tell her why I thought that he was uninformed and that not giving it to people only kills them and doesn't affect rates of use because she probably would of argued with him.

I don't understand how some people are so stupid, and evil. I mean how can people basically say I would rather have people die because they don't have the same beliefs as me and I am against helping or saving people who are different. I asked her what she thought about recommending it or giving it to people with narcotic prescriptions especially the elderly incase of an accidental od and she said that there should never be accidental ODs and people shouldn't use drugs.

Which ideally sure that'd be nice but I asked what about people with dementia, pharmacists who dispense the wrong drug, or kids who accidentally take the wrong meds or get into a medicine cabinet shouldn't they be able to have help. I respect her opinion though cause she is smart and speaks her mind(and really cute/japanese) but i always try to inform people who get them to change their views if I can, I wasn't able to change her views on this or the death penalty though which I am cool with but I think she will look into it now.

Hopefully if she does become a pharmacist she changes her mind on the subject and supports pro harm reduction ideals.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline sk8phaze

• Junky Deluxe
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sk8phaze has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 26, 2021, 09:11:55 AM
  • Sk8phaze
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 06:33:35 PM »
Needle exchange one block fry my house! I can get 10 or 20 for free and all the harm reduction goodies that come along with it.😜
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You cant rip out a single  page of your life but you can throw the whole book in the fire. -george sand

We die only once, but for such a long time.
                                 (Unknown)

Z

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 07:22:03 PM »
I honestly don't understand what they think they are achieving by refusing to sell addicts, or anyone really, needles.  It is so well established at this point that addicts will get needles somewhere, and that it doesn't stop anyone from doing anything.  It is common knowledge really that it isn't a detterent.  In fact, it has been well established that it just increases the spread of HIV and Hep C.  It's just unbelievable that any pharmacist who has taken the ethics of the field with any degree of seriousness would refuse to sell someone clean needles.  It's nonsense.

If anyone lives in Canada and doesn't have access to a needle exchange drop me a line and we'll figure out a way to get you clean needles together.  I'll extend the same offer to the states, but I would probably pass it on to someone more local to help work out a way to get you access. Don't be shy.  Needle exchanges are essential.  It's a right and not a privilege.  Anyone who is helping to increase access is doing essential and life saving work.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 07:32:55 PM »
Here is a Pro Tip I have used to buy needles many times:

BEFORE you go to the store write a note to yourself from "mom" or Grnadma" asking you to please buy  [exactly what you] want. Wait in line and look at the note ina sort of confused way. When they come to you say; " I'm suppoosed to get thes but I'm not usre what they are. I understand 1cc but isn't 29(30, whatever) guage a huge needle?"

It helps if the note is in your best granny cursive.

Also, save the bg or box when you buy and brng it in and say, "My mom/grandma" asked me to pick up some of these she said they'd be bout (Whatever you know the price to be) Does that sound right?"

These tricks have worked for me many many tims where the laws do not require prescriptions but pharmcists are prone to be dicks.

My sister bought a "medic alert" diabetic/insulin bracelet that she wore when going to buy needles which works most of the timefor her.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Queenofdenial

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 10:31:19 PM »
Here is a good place to order any syringes you like:

www.valleyvet.com
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal